Movie Night

You Make Me A Good Man

(A week later)

 

“You two sure you don’t want to come over to Woohyun and Sunggyu’s?” Hyunseung asked for the umpteenth time that day. It was about time for his and Junhyung’s shift to end, and they were going to get some snacks before heading over to the couple’s place for dinner and the movie night.

Doojoon sighed, shaking his head for what seemed like the thousandth time that day. “Hyunseung, you’ve asked us that at least fifty times in the past six hours. Seobie doesn’t want to go,” he repeated. Hyunseung pouted, sticking his tongue out childishly at Doojoon, and looked over at Yoseob. Before he could even get a word out, Yoseob was already shaking his head.

“No, hyung. I’m dizzy and my stomach’s been feeling a little weird since this morning. Doojoon was planning on bringing me to the doctor after this to find out if everything’s alright,” Yoseob mumbled, resting his head on the counter in front of him. There were few customers at the moment, but it was safe to say that all of them were staring at him weirdly. Yoseob had half a mind to tell them to screw off, but he didn’t really have the energy to do even that.

“Actually, I was thinking of asking Heechul hyung if we can leave now. Can you guys handle the next half hour on your own?” Doojoon asked, looking towards his pregnant boyfriend worriedly. Yoseob had been complaining about his stomach feeling weird since he woke up, and he had a dizzy spell a couple minutes ago. Doojoon was honestly going to panic soon enough.

Junhyung and Hyunseung nodded in unison. “You should probably get his blood pressure checked out,” Junhyung mentioned, having read enough about pregnancies to know the causes of dizziness. Doojoon thanked the couple, hurrying into the staff lounge to inform Heechul that Yoseob was feeling unwell, and leaving immediately with Yoseob.

“You can have my car,” Junhyung offered, passing the set of keys to Doojoon.

“I owe you one. Come on, Seobie,” Doojoon said, helping the younger male up and to the car.

Hyunseung sighed, watching as the two left for the clinic, and looked at Junhyung. “Is he going to be alright?” Hyunseung asked. It was true that he wanted Yoseob and Doojoon to go to Woohyun and Sunggyu’s with him and Junhyung, but when Yoseob got dizzy, he was just worried. The last time he asked, he actually wanted the couple to say no. After all, Yoseob and the twins’ health were much more important.

Junhyung nodded. “Probably.”

“How come I’ve never had problems like that though?” Hyunseung asked curiously.

“Who knows? Maybe it’s just common for twin pregnancies,” Junhyung replied with a shrug. It wasn’t that he wasn’t worried; he was. Yoseob was still his best friend after all. But Junhyung knew very well that Doojoon could take good care of the younger.

On the contrary, Junhyung was starting to worry about Hyunseung now – again. What if, after he left, Hyunseung also began to get such dizzy spells? Doojoon was with Yoseob almost all the time, but there couldn’t possibly be someone with Hyunseung all the time, could there? Junhyung didn’t want to take away the freedom of his other friends just because he wanted them to take care of Hyunseung for him. It was good enough that they were even going to look after Hyunseung and Miracle for however long Junhyung was going to be gone.

“Earth to Junhyung, what are you thinking about?” Hyunseung asked as he packed a customer’s items with practiced ease. Junhyung pursed his lips slightly, thinking of a reply while he served another customer. He kind of wanted to tell Hyunseung the truth; it was so hard to keep lying to him. But obviously, he couldn’t do that. There was just a little less than a week left and Junhyung was planning to stick to his plan till the end. He was just glad that Jaewon decided to stop sending his little ‘reminders’, because he went overboard with them.

“Just… thinking of what it’d be like if you ever had a dizzy spell like that,” Junhyung half-lied.

Hyunseung laughed, shaking his head at the thought. “You’d probably fall over your own feet trying to get me to the hospital,” he teased.

Junhyung’s heart clenched at that. If only I could. If only I could.

 

----------------------

 

A half hour passed by quickly and soon enough, Hyunseung and Junhyung were getting ready to head to Woohyun and Sunggyu’s place. Howon and Dongwoo offered to pick them up, when Hyunseung texted them and mentioned that they currently didn’t have a car. Hyunseung was in the middle of picking out some of his favourite snacks when Gikwang and Dongwoon arrived at the store, announcing that they’d finally gotten around to buying maternity clothes for Hyunseung and Yoseob.

Dongwoon looked around in confusion upon realising that Doojoon and Yoseob were nowhere to be found. “They’re not working today? I checked the work schedule and it said they were,” Dongwoon said sadly. “Then why’d we bring all this here today?” he mumbled, holding up two bags of clothes which were for Yoseob.

Hyunseung’s eyes widened when he realised that the two must have spent a lot on the clothes. He did need some bigger or looser jeans, sure, but really he just needed about three, maybe four pairs of maternity jeans. “How much did you guys spend?” he questioned in disbelief.

“It wasn’t too expensive actually. Honestly, we bought them online,” Gikwang admitted sheepishly. “It came up to less than 500k won. Don’t look so freaked out, hyung.”

Hyunseung exhaled in relief. “Are you going to pass mine to me now or…?” he asked.

“You know, we can pay you back if you need,” Junhyung added.

Dongwoon immediately shook his head while Gikwang merely shrugged. “Don’t worry too much. It’s a gift from us to you guys,” Gikwang said, waving the offer off. Hyunseung sighed, nodding in resignation. He really did feel bad that the two had to spend money unnecessarily, but it wasn’t as if he could stop them from buying the clothes.

“Thanks a lot, then,” Hyunseung said gratefully, taking the bag that Dongwoon passed to him. “I’ll be sure to wear these!”

“Welcome!” Dongwoon chirped.

“We should get going now,” Junhyung told the couple, emerging from the staff lounge with his and Hyunseung’s bags, as well as a bag of snacks. Gikwang and Dongwoon nodded, telling them to enjoy the movie night.

When they walked out of the store, Howon and Dongwoo were already waiting for them. Hyunseung and Junhyung got in the car, thanking the couple again for offering to pick them up, and started to make idle chat while they drove to Woohyun and Sunggyu’s place.

“So… are you planning to invite us over to your place anytime soon? Are you planning a baby shower or housewarming?” Dongwoo asked. “I’ve actually wanted to see your new place ever since you told us you moved, Hyunseung.”

Hyunseung smiled sheepishly and looked to Junhyung for help. It wasn’t that he hadn’t wanted to invite his friends over; it was more that he forgot, honestly. While it was true that he did move, the layout of his new house was pretty much the same as his old one. The only difference was the colour scheme and the placement of the furniture. Really, that was the only difference. Sometimes Hyunseung forgot that he was even living in a new house.

Junhyung forced a chuckle. “Why not for a baby shower then? Maybe when Seung hits the halfway mark?” Junhyung suggested, trying to keep his voice steady. He wasn’t one to be emotional, that was for sure, but for some reason he just felt like crying so badly when he said that. It was probably because he knew that he wouldn’t be here long enough for Hyunseung to even hit the halfway mark of his pregnancy. He’d be gone by then.

“Are you sure about that?” Howon questioned, looking at Junhyung through the rearview mirror. It might have seemed like a normal question to Hyunseung, but Junhyung caught the hidden meaning behind the look Howon was giving him. Howon wanted him to think his plan through again, possibly for the last time. After all, Howon had been disapproving of his plan since the start – he still was, actually. Junhyung understood though. Howon simply didn’t want Hyunseung to suffer any more heartbreak. Nonetheless, what could he do?

Junhyung nodded, with a heavy heart, and blinked the tears away.

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

 

----------------------

 

By the time the four of them arrived, everyone else was there. Woohyun had whipped up a feast, for which Hyunseung was eternally grateful. The pregnant male was the first to dig in, and he was also the one who ate the most. Sungjong was a close second, though.

After that, Sunggyu and Woohyun put some romance flick on, something that Sungyeol apparently wanted to watch because he was a er for cheesy romantic movies. While Sunggyu and Woohyun did the dishes, the other seven settled into comfortable positions to watch the movie. The three couples were snuggled up together in various parts of the living room, and Sungyeol was left alone to snuggle with the cushion.

“Hyunseung hyung, are you really going to have a baby shower? What do you need?” Sungjong asked, completely uninterested in the movie. Although Sungyeol was his brother, the two of them were complete opposites. Sometimes their friends would wonder if they really were blood-related.

Hyunseung looked up from the TV for a second, nudged Junhyung, and looked back towards the TV once more. Junhyung shook his head in mild amusement, knowing that his boyfriend, too, was a er for cheesy romantic stuff.

“I’ll make a list?” Junhyung offered. He doubted that Hyunseung would even be in the mood for a baby shower when he hit the halfway point, because he’d have been gone for about three weeks by then. But the baby shower wasn’t just to get stuff for Miracle; he felt that Hyunseung would cheer up, at least a little, if their friends went over for a baby shower.

“Why not we buy some stuff first, and then see what else we need? We can buy the more expensive stuff on our own,” Hyunseung said, without even looking away from the TV. Really, the only people watching the movie were Sungyeol, Hyunseung and Dongwoo.

“When? Because you know, we need time to get stuff for you too, hyung,” Myungsoo pointed out, although he was actually trying to dissuade Hyunseung from planning anything. Junhyung was leaving in nine days and he didn’t think that Hyunseung was planning on baby shopping within the next week. After all, wasn’t it easier to shop for baby stuff if you knew your baby’s gender?

“Maybe the following week? We’re going for the gender ultrasound in a week to find out Miracle’s gender so we can decide on a theme and name after that,” Hyunseung replied, eyes still glued to the TV. Junhyung shook his head slightly while looking at the others. That isn’t going to work out, he wanted to say, but obviously he couldn’t.

Luckily for him, the others understood perfectly what he was trying to convey. They explained the current situation to Sunggyu and Woohyun who’d just entered the living room. They nodded in understanding, and all of them tried to think of some way to prevent Hyunseung from getting his hopes up too high.

“Why don’t you just let us get the stuff for you? There’re enough of us to split the cost. I’m sure your parents would be more than willing to pitch in,” Howon said. “It’d be tiring for you to be on your feet for hours, wouldn’t it?”

This time, Hyunseung did tear his eyes away from the TV, pouting at his friends. “Why does it sound as if you guys don’t want me to buy stuff for my own kid? I want to choose at least the furniture for the nursery,” Hyunseung whined.

“You can choose the furniture from a catalogue; we’ll just be the ones to buy it!” Woohyun explained quickly. Hyunseung furrowed his brows in thought. He did want to save money, but furniture wasn’t going to be cheap. It was true that his parents would probably force some money onto him though. Maybe it’d be better if I just let them buy the stuff then? Howon and Dongwoo will probably discuss this with appa and umma, Hyunseung thought. If his parents were the ones paying, then he was fine. He just didn’t want his friends spending so much money on him.

“Are you sure you can buy the correct items?” Hyunseung asked warily.

“Do you not trust us?” Sunggyu questioned incredulously.

“Well then I guess it’s fine… But we have to decide on the theme first, and we get to choose the furniture!” Hyunseung asserted. Howon rolled his eyes and nodded. Junhyung looked at them gratefully, glad that he had a reliable group of friends who’d help take care of his boyfriend and child for him.

“Now can you guys keep quiet?” Sungyeol asked, annoyed.

All of them laughed a little at that, nodding and finally watching the movie.

 

----------------------

 

It wasn’t till about three in the morning that the nine of them finally felt that they should go to bed. Sunggyu and Woohyun had two guest rooms, and enough futons to go around. Hyunseung and Junhyung ended up rooming with Howon and Dongwoo, since Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo were sleeping in the same room.

Almost right after brushing his teeth, Hyunseung was knocked out. Junhyung, Howon and Dongwoo laid in silence for a few minutes before Howon piped up. “You’re really sure?”

Junhyung sighed heavily, nodding even though the other two couldn’t possibly see him in the dark. “Yeah, I’m very sure. It’s really the only way, isn’t it?”

It wasn’t like he wanted to leave Hyunseung. The way everyone asked him about his plan made it sound like there was actually another way to work things out, and that he was simply choosing the way where he had to leave Hyunseung. That wasn’t true, clearly. Up till now, nobody had thought of another plan, had they?

“So is there anything else you need us to do for you?” Dongwoo asked.

“There is, actually. I have this list,” Junhyung said. “Can you buy the presents in my name?”

Howon raised a brow, more to himself than to Junhyung. “Presents?”

Junhyung looked at Hyunseung, making sure the elder was completely asleep, before replying. “I planned out a list of presents for them, for the next fifteen to twenty years. Is it possible for you to buy them every year and send them anonymously? Say that you found it at the doorstep when you visit, something like that.”

Dongwoo and Howon, truthfully speaking, were pretty amazed. Junhyung really had thought out everything. The only flaw in his plan, really, was that Hyunseung and Miracle would be emotionally hurt no matter what. Hyunseung would have to deal with heartbreak, while Miracle would have to deal with daddy issues. He would probably wonder why his dad left him before he was even born, things like that. At least, that’s what Dongwoo and Howon felt.

“Pass the list to us in the morning. We’ll do it every year, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Omg guys sorry sorry sorryyyyy for disappearing for a month without any notice >< I was working on my other fic (took two weeks plus to get a chapter out for that) and then I've been going out on my off days so I really didn't have time to type TT That isn't a good enough reason to suddenly go on hiatus like that because life's a for everyone but yeah, I just didn't have the time x.x

I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I'll hopefully be able to get another update out by this Sunday? Next week, latest, I promise! After that... I don't really know man. I might just disappear for another couple weeks, but I'll be more free in April! From then on, I'll probably update more regularly again! (hopefully)

Well then, see you guys whenever I update! Annyeong~! ^^

(P.S. Just nine days till Jun leaves D: And what was with Seob's stomach feeling weird? *hint hint*)