One More Time

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung walked back into the store, smiling at Junhyung and immediately heading towards the younger male. It was currently empty in the store, apart from the two, Doojoon and Yoseob. Gikwang and Dongwoon’s shift was later on, so they were out on a date. Jungsu had yet to return from lunch with Youngwoon, leaving the employees in the store alone.

Hyunseung placed a peck on Junhyung’s cheek before turning to look at Doojoon and Yoseob with a smile still on his face. Doojoon wondered why his best friend was so happy, and Yoseob returned the smile. Meanwhile, Junhyung was wondering where on earth Hara had gone. Seeing that they weren’t busy at the moment, Junhyung asked, “Where’s Hara?”

Yoseob raised a brow at this. “Hyunseung hyung, you were with Hara?” he asked curiously. Hyunseung nodded, recalling his conversation with Hara. He was still unable to believe that Hara would be that selfless, but he was glad that she could accept things. Some people would go into depression. It’s a good thing Hara isn’t like that.

“She went home, saying that she had stuff to do. I’ll be in the back for a bit,” Hyunseung said, walking to the staff lounge. He put his stuff down and changed into his uniform, happy that he could finally work again. Hyunseung quite liked working at the convenience store, having made many good friends there. It wasn’t hard work either, even if the pay wasn’t too high.

Once he was changed, Hyunseung exited the staff lounge and manned the empty lane. Junhyung frowned when he saw Hyunseung working right after getting his cast removed, but he couldn’t stop Hyunseung from doing anything. He didn’t like feeling like an over possessive boyfriend, even if he kind of was one.

Jungsu entered the store at that moment, waving sadly to Youngwoon and watching as the latter drove off. Then, he turned around to see Hyunseung standing behind the counter and sighed, noting that Hyunseung’s cast had been removed. “You’re going to work?” Jungsu asked incredulously. Hyunseung beamed and nodded, seeming a little too excited for his own good. Sighing once more, Jungsu walked into his office while shaking his head disapprovingly, muttering something about getting more rest before returning to work.

“Jungsu hyung’s right. Why’d you come back to work so fast?” Doojoon asked. Hyunseung shrugged, sitting down on the chair and resting his chin on his hands. Doojoon could only roll his eyes and cluck his tongue. “You should rest your wrist a little more.”

In the next hour, none of the four spoke to each other as students picked up some snacks after school. Even after that, students from the nearby schools kept buying snacks. The teachers, who had finished work, were also constantly entering the store to get snacks. After all, there was only one convenience store in the vicinity.

After two hours passed and customers stopped coming in, Hyunseung got up and went to restock the shelves. Yoseob followed along, leaving Doojoon and Junhyung at the counters. Doojoon sighed and turned to look at Junhyung. “So how’s life with my best friend?”

“Seungie’s wonderful, really. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way for anyone before,” Junhyung admitted. Doojoon shuddered at Junhyung’s words, getting goose bumps from how cheesy the younger male was being. Junhyung raised a brow and leaned forward. “How’s it going with Seob?”

A silly smile made its way onto Doojoon’s face and Junhyung scowled. “We went out last weekend, just for dinner and a movie, but it was nice nonetheless. Then we strolled by the Han River…” Doojoon trailed off as Yoseob and Hyunseung returned from restocking the shelves. Yoseob eyed his boyfriend and his best friend.

“You were talking about us, weren’t you?”

 

--------------------

 

Soon enough, dinnertime came. Jungsu emerged from his office and left, telling the others to close up on their own as usual. Gikwang and Dongwoon entered the store just as Jungsu left, and they went to dump their stuff in the staff lounge before asking the others if they wanted to get dinner. Of course nobody rejected the offer, so they all headed to one of the restaurants down the street.

Upon entering the restaurant, Miss Right, the six of them found a table to sit at. This was another one of those eateries that Hyunseung, Gikwang and Dongwoon frequented, since it was close to the store. It was the first time that Yoseob and Junhyung were there, and the two took some time to look around the classy interior of the restaurant.

One of the waiters bounced in front of the table and grinned brightly. “I haven’t seen you guys in a week! What’d you like to order?” he asked, handing out six menus to them. Hyunseung, Gikwang and Dongwoon were familiar enough with the food there and ordered immediately, while Doojoon, Yoseob and Junhyung flipped through the menu.

“Changhyun-ah, any suggestions for them?” Hyunseung asked. Changhyun thought about it for a moment and started pointing out some of the more popular dishes. Yoseob, Junhyung and Doojoon just listened to Changhyun’s recommendations and ordered those dishes. The young waiter thanked them and told them to wait for a bit before he left.

Hyunseung rested his head on Junhyung’s shoulder, picking at his boyfriend’s shirt for reasons unknown to anyone. Suddenly, an idea came to mind and Hyunseung straightened up, eyeing every one of his friends.

“It’s White Day next week. Who wants a triple date?” Hyunseung suggested. He saw how Yoseob’s eyes lit up, and Gikwang was trying to hide a grin. Since I didn’t get to celebrate Valentine’s with Junnie, might as well make up for it with White Day. Hyunseung grinned as Yoseob and Gikwang nodded enthusiastically, returning to his previous position while waiting for their food.

Not long later, Changhyun placed the food that they had ordered on the table and bowed before going off to attend to another table. While sipping on his drink, Dongwoon looked at Hyunseung questioningly. “Hyung, what’s the plan for next week then?”

“What about heading to Namsan Tower?” Doojoon suggested. Ever since he’d gotten together with Yoseob, he wanted to do something really memorable with the younger male. Going on a date to Namsan Tower was the uppermost thing in his to-do list. The place was popular with couples for having love padlocks, and that was exactly why Doojoon wanted to go there.

Doojoon saw how Yoseob gave him an adoring gaze and pecked the younger male’s forehead. It was clear that Yoseob wanted to go to Namsan Tower as well. Hyunseung nodded in agreement, having thought about that as well. Gikwang and Dongwoon gave each other a look and shrugged. They’d been there before and had their own love padlock, but perhaps they could try to look for it again. Just like Doojoon, Junhyung wanted to do something memorable with Hyunseung. Hence, he agreed to it as well.

“It’s set then. We’ll meet at Namsan Tower for lunch, and then we can split up and see which couple does the cheesiest stuff. But first, we’ll have to find someone to take over our shifts for the day. All six of us,” Doojoon pointed out. Yoseob immediately pulled his phone out and dialled a number.

“Daehyun-ah, it’s Yoseob. You and your friends worked at stores before, haven’t you? Are you guys busy next week? Oh come on, there are six of you. You and Youngjae can work one shift, Junhong and Jongup another, and Himchan and Yongguk another. Thanks dongsaeng!” Yoseob chirped, hanging up on his cousin. “Settled.”

“Can we eat now? I’m starved,” Hyunseung said. Junhyung chuckled and shoved a spoonful of rice into his boyfriend’s mouth, making the others laugh at Hyunseung’s expression. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and punched Junhyung’s shoulder playfully, shoving a spoonful of rice into Junhyung’s mouth too.

Revenge is sweet.

 

---------------------

 

Doojoon and Yoseob left first, not having to work the night shift that day. Junhyung was the only one who was working for the whole day, mostly because he just started working not too long ago, so Hyunseung decided to stay behind with his boyfriend and wait for him. Gikwang and Dongwoon were changing into their uniform, or doing god-knows-what in the staff lounge, leaving Junhyung and Hyunseung to man the store.

A man entered and went to pick up some ramen. For some strange reason, he kept staring at Hyunseung. The latter felt uncomfortable under the man’s stare, but he couldn’t say anything about it. By the other counter, Junhyung couldn’t help but feel that the man looked really familiar, but he couldn’t remember exactly where he’d seen the man before. But why’s he staring at Seungie that way? He doesn’t look like he wants to get into Seungie’s pants. So why?

Junhyung let out a small groan of frustration at himself, not noticing the guy head to Hyunseung’s lane instead of his. Hyunseung put on his best smile and scanned the packets of ramen, taking the money from the man and returning his change. He jumped when the man suddenly leaned in, and he could suddenly feel the man’s breath on his face.

“You’ll pay for what you did.”

With that few words, the man left the store. Hyunseung shivered involuntarily at the menacing words. The man didn’t look dangerous, not at all. But then again, Junhyung didn’t look dangerous either, yet he still was a wanted criminal. Hyunseung couldn’t help wondering what exactly the man had meant though. What did I do? Why would I need to pay for anything?

Shrugging the matter off, Hyunseung looked in the direction of the staff lounge. “Lee Gikwang! Son Dongwoon! You two better get your asses out here now!” Hyunseung yelled. Junhyung was snapped out of his thoughts and eyed his boyfriend. That man had a bad vibe. There’s something with him. To say that he was worried about Hyunseung was an understatement, but there was nothing to be done about the man.

Gikwang and Dongwoon finally came out of the staff lounge, looking as they always did after an intense make out session. Hyunseung pointed at their respective counters with a frown and they apologised half-heartedly before going to man their counters.

Between chatting and attending to customers, the night shift ended and all four employees yawned in unison. Junhyung had worked for the entire day, while Hyunseung was just tired, and Gikwang had gone on a date earlier on with Dongwoon. Leaving the task of locking up to Hyunseung and Junhyung, the two younger males left first.

“Those two don’t work hard enough,” Hyunseung said with a sigh, watching as Junhyung put all their stuff in his car. He bent down to lock to doors to the convenience store before stuffing the keys in his pocket and getting into the car as well. “Junnie, can I sleep over tonight?” Hyunseung asked.

Junhyung raised a brow as he started the car. “Tell Doojoon. Otherwise, he’d probably accuse me of kidnapping you,” Junhyung chuckled. Hyunseung did as told and grinned satisfactorily when Doojoon told him to be careful and have fun. Only when he realised the meaning of ‘have fun’ did Hyunseung turn pink. Should we? I finally removed my cast. The heck with this.

When they entered Junhyung’s home, Hyunseung threw his stuff onto the couch and initiated a heated make out session with Junhyung. After pulling apart, Hyunseung smirked at his boyfriend who was still surprised by the sudden attack. A second later, Junhyung returned to his senses and smirked right back at Hyunseung.

“You know, we haven’t ever tried having without your cast on…” Junhyung trailed off, scooping Hyunseung into his arms and heading for his bedroom. Hyunseung could only wrap his arms around Junhyung’s neck and kiss the younger male once more. Throwing off his clothes, Junhyung jumped onto his bed.

Unbeknownst to the two of them, the alarm in the store was ringing loudly, the glass doors broken and the cash registers left open and empty. The lone robber stepped into his car calmly and began to drive away.

“Jang Hyunseung, just you wait.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ohhh, who's the weird man? Nobody will know muahahaha >:D Just know that he's that same guy who was watching Jun and Seung last chapter :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I could only update today because my camp was cancelled >< *sigh*

Well... look forward to the next chapter I guess? Annyeong~! ^-^