Warning

You Make Me A Good Man

(A few days later)

 

Hyunseung and Junhyung were sitting down on the couch watching some variety shows since they all had a day off. Gikwang and Dongwoon had finally decided to pursue a degree in their respective fields – Gikwang in acting and Dongwoon in modelling. They had been planning it for some time and applied to Konkuk University where Hyunseung and Doojoon used to study. Since they both had an interview today, Heechul decided to get some of his friends to help out so that all six employees could get a day off.

It was about nine in the morning. Doojoon and Yoseob were still in bed, or so Hyunseung and Junhyung thought, until a door was slammed. The couple jumped and looked towards the direction of the sound, realising that someone had gone into the toilet and probably locked the door. Doojoon came out of his room not long later, holding a shirt as far away from himself as possible and dumping it in the washing machine.

“What happened to Seobie?” Hyunseung asked worriedly, glancing towards the toilet.

“He threw up on me and thinks I hate him now. For the record, I was too shocked to do much but I did tell him that I didn’t mind,” Doojoon defended. He grimaced as he started the washing machine and headed back to the toilet, knocking on the door gently. “Seobie?”

“Go away!”

Hyunseung sighed and moved Junhyung’s arm away from his waist so that he could get up and go to the toilet as well. “Seobie? Come on, Doojoon doesn’t hate you,” Hyunseung coaxed. He was a little confused as to why Yoseob’s morning sickness seemed to be getting worse instead of better, even with the antiemetic that the younger male was taking. His own morning sickness had gotten a lot better. He hardly puked anymore, instead only gagging a couple times.

“But I threw up on him!” Yoseob wailed.

Hyunseung nudged Doojoon out of the way and gestured for his best friend to leave things to him. Reluctantly, Doojoon joined Junhyung on the couch. “Seobie, will you let me in?” Hyunseung asked. He heard a number of sniffles before the door opened, and Hyunseung walked into the toilet before closing the door again.

Yoseob’s eyes were red from crying and Hyunseung brought the younger male into his arms. “He isn’t going to hate you just because you threw up on him,” Hyunseung repeated. Yoseob jutted his lower lip out and shook his head adamantly, tears still making their way down his cheeks.

“He called me fat last night!”

Hyunseung raised a brow, sure that Doojoon wouldn’t say something like that to Yoseob. “Did he really?” he asked. He knew that pregnant people tended to take things the wrong way; he was one of them, after all. Although Doojoon and he still bickered, Hyunseung knew that his best friend would never say something so insensitive.

Yoseob nodded and sniffled again. “He asked why my belly was bigger than yours. Is it really that big?” Yoseob questioned indignantly. Hyunseung pulled back from the hug, exposed both his and Yoseob’s bellies and comparing them. Now that I think about it, Doojoon’s right. Seobie’s belly really is bigger. I mean we’re only a week apart in our pregnancies yet there’s such a big difference?

“It isn’t that big,” Hyunseung assured. “But it definitely is bigger than mine. That means that your baby’s going to be chubby and healthy, doesn’t it?” Hyunseung asked. Yoseob pouted once more but nodded, agreeing with Hyunseung because that made sense.

“Doojoon was just wondering why your baby’s bigger than mine, that’s all. He wasn’t trying to say that you were fat,” Hyunseung told the younger. Yoseob smiled slightly and nodded, wiping the tears away. The two exited the toilet and Yoseob immediately latched onto Doojoon.

“Sorry for throwing up on you. You don’t hate me, right? Hyunseung hyung said you don’t.”

Doojoon sent Hyunseung a grateful look which he returned with a shrug. “Of course I don’t.”

Nestling into Junhyung’s side, Hyunseung sighed contentedly.

The four of them jumped when someone rang the doorbell, clearly not having expected visitors. Junhyung got up to check who it was and as soon as he looked through the peephole, he turned back to the other three.

“Did anyone invite Hara over?”

 

-----------------------

 

Hyunseung looked at Hara. Yoseob looked at Hara. Doojoon looked at Hara. Junhyung looked at Hara. Hara looked back at everyone and smiled sheepishly before taking a seat beside Yoseob.

“Remind me again how you knew our address?” Doojoon asked.

“I think Yoseob mentioned it to me before,” Hara replied, still smiling slightly sheepishly.

“And why are you here?” Junhyung questioned.

“I was actually at the store but then your manager told me that everyone had a day off so… here I am,” Hara explained. Junhyung didn’t seem so convinced, but he shrugged and accepted the explanation.

“Did you want to see me, noona?” Yoseob asked.

Hara scratched the back of her neck. “Not really, Seobie. I was looking for Hyunseung oppa.”

At this, Hyunseung glanced at Hara curiously. “Why?”

“Well, I actually heard from my oppa that someone was after you and Junhyung oppa. If you didn’t know, my oppa’s also a part of the underworld. He told me and I was worried so I came over,” Hara explained. Junhyung furrowed his brows slightly, wondering how Hara’s stepbrother actually knew. He already had some sort of idea but he didn’t want to say anything unless he knew for sure.

“Really?” Doojoon and Yoseob asked in unison, eyeing their respective best friends. “They didn’t say.”

Junhyung shrugged as nonchalantly as possible and pulled Hyunseung slightly closer to him. “They’ll have to get through me if they want Seungie or Miracle,” he said firmly. Hara looked confused for a moment, and Junhyung realised that she didn’t know about Miracle.

“We’re pregnant,” Hyunseung supplied, pointing at himself and Yoseob.

All of them saw how Hara’s face fell for a second, but the smile was almost instantly back on her face. She hugged Yoseob, then Hyunseung, and congratulated all of them. Yoseob felt bad for her because it was so blatantly obvious that she still had feelings for Junhyung.

For about a half hour after that, Hara chatted with Yoseob, Doojoon and Hyunseung. They did attempt to pull Junhyung into the conversation but he was pretty far gone with his thoughts, so Hyunseung eventually decided that they should leave him alone.

After Hara left, Doojoon and Yoseob went to get breakfast while Junhyung went out for a bit. Hyunseung tagged along since Junhyung said that it had something to do with their new apartment, right above that of Hyunseung and Doojoon’s current one.

Upon getting upstairs, Hyunseung was introduced to the current owners of the house, Sunwoo and Junghwan. From what Junhyung told him on their walk up, he’d already purchased the house and they could start moving their things in. Hyunseung didn’t know why Junhyung could get things settled in three days but decided not to question his boyfriend.

After asking Sunwoo and Junghwan, who were apparently a couple, Hyunseung learnt that they were migrating and had already moved all their things over. They were really just waiting for the house to be sold, after having put the notice up a week ago.

“Wait, so why are we here?” Hyunseung asked his boyfriend.

“Oh, right. Here’s the final payment,” Junhyung said, handing a cheque over to Sunwoo. The younger man took the cheque and thanked Junhyung before excusing themselves so that they could catch their flight. Hyunseung and Junhyung thanked the couple as well, waving to them as they got in the lift and exited the building.

Junhyung pulled a set of keys out from his pocket and handed two of them to Hyunseung, explaining that they were the keys to the new house. The two entered and Hyunseung had to admit, Sunwoo and Junghwan had pretty good taste in interior designing. The house was mostly painted a nice shade of baby blue, with the rooms painted in varying shades of blue. The toilets, too, had sky blue wall tiles. To sum it all up, Hyunseung loved the apartment, although it was currently empty.

Junhyung smiled as he noted the look on Hyunseung’s face. He had more or less sold off his own apartment in the red-light districts, not having cared too much about the price it was sold at. He just needed a week to pack everything and get someone to move it over for him. He was glad he bought this apartment, really, because Hyunseung very obviously adored the place. It’s a good thing we have similar tastes. It makes it so much easier to buy things for Seungie.

 Without warning, Hyunseung threw himself onto Junhyung and pressed a firm kiss onto his lips.

“You know I love you, right?”

Junhyung smirked and nodded.

“I take it that you love the place then. Let’s go shopping for furniture,” the younger suggested. Hyunseung’s eyes sparkled in excitement and he nodded eagerly. They hadn’t been out together in weeks now, what with being pregnant and having to work. Junhyung didn’t want Hyunseung up too early or too late, so they couldn’t have dates before work or after work. It was pretty frustrating.

Hyunseung was already heading back downstairs to get changed and grab his stuff. “Hurry!”

Junhyung rolled his eyes but quickly locked the door and went after Hyunseung.

He should be glad to have me as his boyfriend.

 

---------------------

 

Doojoon and Yoseob had opted to stay home while Hyunseung and Junhyung shopped for their new furniture. Junhyung didn’t need anything new for his study and work room, but he definitely felt that he and Hyunseung should get a bigger bed than a super single. Sure, he loved cuddling with his boyfriend and feeling the small bump that was Miracle, but he knew very well that in a couple months he wouldn’t have any space on the bed and really, Junhyung didn’t fancy the idea of sleeping on the floor. It didn’t sound very comfortable.

That’s why an hour after leaving the apartment, Hyunseung and Junhyung were busy trying out different mattresses and looking around at bedframes. Although older by three months, Hyunseung was clearly more childish than Junhyung. Junhyung reasoned that it could have something to do with the hormones, but he knew that his boyfriend was really just naturally adorable.

Junhyung inspected the design and colour of the bedframes while Hyunseung was ‘testing’ the springiness of the mattresses. That’s what Hyunseung called it, but he was actually just having fun bouncing around on different mattresses. If it weren’t for the fact that they were in public, Junhyung would’ve gone up to Hyunseung and kissed him countless times for being so cute.

So far, Junhyung found that he quite liked one of the wooden bedframes. It was simple but beautiful. Like Seungie, Junhyung noted. It was for a queen-sized mattress, which was what the couple was looking for. Junhyung walked over to Hyunseung and consulted his opinion, having to forcibly stop the pregnant male from bouncing up and down on the mattress while thinking.

“I like it!” Hyunseung decided. “And I like this mattress, too!”

Junhyung chuckled and nodded, noting down the item codes of the bedframe and mattress. He pulled Hyunseung up and they went to find a wardrobe big enough for the both of them. After that, they bought a mirror, clocks, kitchen utensils, and eventually ended up in the nursery section of the furniture store.

“Isn’t it a little too early to be doing the nursery?” Hyunseung asked. He was only about nine weeks along, not even past his first trimester. They couldn’t exactly decide on a theme for the nursery or even a colour scheme, unless they knew Miracle’s gender. Then again, we could choose gender neutral colours but where’s the fun in that?

Junhyung shrugged and pulled a notepad out of his back pocket, along with a small pen. Hyunseung raised a questioning brow at his boyfriend, already guessing what Junhyung wanted to do. The two went to find somewhere to sit before Junhyung turned to Hyunseung. “Let’s think of some themes first, for both genders,” he told the elder.

Rolling his eyes and smiling slightly, Hyunseung said, “Monkeys.”

“What? Why?”

“Have you not realised my love for banana milk this few weeks?”

“Then what about your love for strawberry milk?” Junhyung countered.

“I don’t know what animals love strawberry!”

“…neither do I. Alright, pirates,” Junhyung suggested.

“Music!”

“Food?” Junhyung asked unsurely. He didn’t exactly need Miracle becoming a glutton.

Hyunseung shrugged. “Fruits? Strawberries and bananas, maybe,” he joked. Junhyung chuckled in amusement but wrote it down anyway. They were still just brainstorming for ideas. Even if they thought of a hundred themes today, they’d narrow it down eventually.

For the next half hour, the couple thought of over sixty different themes, half of which were gender neutral, a quarter for boys and the other quarter for girls. By the time they were done, it was about lunchtime. Hyunseung and Junhyung went to pay for the items they wanted and set the delivery for three days later.

“Done! Now let’s have lunch. I’m starving,” Hyunseung said. Junhyung let the elder get into the car before getting in the driver’s seat, looking around for any suspicious people. Since that morning, he’d been a little more than wary. After all, Hara’s sudden appearance did make him a little jumpy.

“What do you want to eat?” Junhyung asked, pulling out of the car park.

Hyunseung pondered over this for a mere few seconds before a grin lit up his face. “Japanese!”

Already dialling Yoseob’s number, Junhyung nodded and began to drive to the Japanese eatery near their place. He talked to his best friend for a minute or so and told him and Doojoon to meet them at the eatery for lunch. Junhyung also wanted to call Gikwang and Dongwoon but looking at the time, they would probably have just started their interviews.

The four met up a little while later and placed their orders quickly since Yoseob and Hyunseung were positively starving. They chatted as they ate and Yoseob nearly cried when he heard that Hyunseung and Junhyung were moving out of the shared apartment.

“You guys hate me!”

Hyunseung deadpanned while Junhyung sighed and shook his head. “Doojoon, you have to do something about this,” he stated. The eldest raised a brow but turned to Yoseob anyway, convincing him that Hyunseung and Junhyung didn’t hate him, but just wanted their own place. It took ten long minutes before Yoseob finally stopped sniffling and began eating his soba as if he wasn’t just crying a moment ago.

Once again, Junhyung thanked the heavens that Hyunseung wasn’t anywhere as moody as that.

 

----------------------

 

As Hyunseung downed his bowl of miso soup, a waiter tapped Junhyung on the shoulder and told him that there was somebody looking for him. Junhyung stiffened immediately and his face became expressionless as he told the others to wait for him and that he’d be back soon.

The waiter led Junhyung to the back door and excused himself. Junhyung almost wanted to punch the man standing in front of him. There was no way he couldn’t recognise the man who caused him so much suffering and he wasn’t letting Hyunseung or Miracle suffer as well.

“What the hell do you want?” Junhyung spat.

“Is this how you should greet your father, Jaesoon?” the man asked, holding his arms open for a hug.

Junhyung scoffed and shoved his father, Jaehyuk, away from him and glared at him. “What do you want?” he repeated, getting more impatient by the second.

Jaehyuk smirked and looked at the eatery. “Break up with him and don’t meet him ever again. You’ve got two months, starting tomorrow. No more.”

This time, Junhyung did punch his father, hard. His fist collided with the man’s nose and within seconds, his nose was red and bleeding. Jaehyuk wiped the blood away with the back of his hand and glared at Junhyung, earning himself a glare back.

“You’ve stayed out of my affairs for long enough. Why suddenly bother me again?” Junhyung demanded. He knew that there was definitely somebody paying his father to do this. After all, he hadn’t contacted the man for almost ten years, and even before that his father only beat him up.

“On the account of ten million won, that’s what,” Jaehyuk replied simply.

Junhyung glowered, grabbing Jaehyuk’s collar and holding him up against the wall. “Who?”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“Don’t play dumb with me! Who sent you after us?”

Jaehyuk shrugged. “The stepbrother of some chick you dated.”

Junhyung loosened his grip and threw his father to the ground. I should’ve known. This morning when Hara came over, I should’ve known. I thought better of him though. I didn’t think he’d stoop to this level. That bastard, Junhyung cursed.

“Tell him to look for me directly if he wants to,” Junhyung said, kicking Jaehyuk in the side harshly before walking back into the eatery. Once inside, he shut the door and inhaled deeply to calm himself down. He didn’t want Hyunseung to see him like this.

When he felt that he was rational enough, Junhyung returned to his seat beside Hyunseung. The elder looked at him worriedly, having noticed the bruises on his knuckles. Hyunseung may not be the smartest of people, but he was definitely observant. Still, he didn’t say anything, instead waiting for Junhyung to tell him what happened voluntarily.

For the rest of lunch, Junhyung remained silent, slightly afraid that he’d snap at someone. He knew exactly how Hara’s stepbrother was. Hara, adopted by Shim Jaewon’s family at the age of five, had known Jaewon for more than fifteen years. Jaewon had this obsessive brother complex and didn’t want any guys, gay or not, around Hara. That’s why he never really liked Yoseob, and disliked Junhyung even more. He thought that they would steal his little sister from him.

All in all, Jaewon was a little crazy. Junhyung knew Jaewon’s purpose for coming after him and Hyunseung. Hara had been extremely upset when he broke up with her, after all, and Jaewon didn’t want to see his sister heartbroken. He probably thinks that if Hara can’t be happy, then I don’t deserve it either.

Had it been any other person coming after him, Junhyung would just beat the person up. But the reality was that Jaewon was one of the leaders of the largest gang in South Korea, BeatBurger. BoA’s gang, Beat of Angel, was probably the second biggest, but BeatBurger still outnumbered them by at least a hundred men.

Nonetheless, Junhyung wouldn’t let Hyunseung and Miracle be hurt. He didn’t know what Jaewon was planning but he would try his best to prevent Jaewon from getting his way. His boyfriend and child were at stake. There was no way that Junhyung was allowing any harm to come to them.

When they got home and Hyunseung went to shower, Junhyung pulled his phone out and dialled BoA’s number.

“Noona, I need your help.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bam! Here's the mystery man for you guys, like finally. He didn't exactly reveal himself but hey, now everyone knows who he is. For the record, the person stalking Hyunseung and Junhyung in the past was Jaewon and not Jaehyuk. Just clarifying :)

Ok, so the angst is just about to start (wow this is moving slowly) and JunSeung are moving! I think that could be a little fun but Junnie's gonna be all tensed up and stuff for the most part. I'm not too sure what's gonna happen next chapter, probably them moving in and Junhyung meeting with BoA, stuff like that. It'll be a little dry so... yeah, just bear with it ><

I don't hate Shim Jaewon, in fact he's a really good choreographer, but I just decided to use him for the sake of it. Just cause XD

That's about it from me now and I really have to work on my other fics. I'm kinda stuck on those ._. Writers' block = a . Sigh.

Alright, see you guys soon! Annyeong~! ^^