Gratitude

You Make Me A Good Man

(A week later)

 

Hyunseung looked at Junhyung like he’d just grown another head. “You aren’t going to work with me later? Since when did you decide that and why didn’t I know?” he questioned. It was nine in the morning and they’d just finished breakfast not too long ago.

Junhyung sighed, having expected Hyunseung to get upset. He had every reason to, too. After all, he and Hyunseung almost always worked the same shifts and if they didn’t, both of them would know about it. In fact, Hyunseung only didn’t know that Junhyung wasn’t working the afternoon shift because Junhyung told Jungsu not to tell him.

Seungie is totally mad at me, Junhyung thought. It wasn’t as if he could’ve let Hyunseung know that he wasn’t working though. The purpose of keeping it from the elder was so that he could go off and settle things regarding his plan. Obviously Hyunseung couldn’t know that he was leaving, could he?

“Seung, I’ll still work the night shift. I just need to handle some personal affairs for today,” Junhyung explained. Hyunseung huffed and turned away from Junhyung, annoyed that Junhyung wasn’t telling him exactly what these personal affairs were. The couple hardly kept anything from each other, so Hyunseung just didn’t like the fact that Junhyung was hiding something from him. Sure it made him sound like a paranoid boyfriend, but he was really just insecure.

“You’re sleeping on the couch tonight because you’re being mean,” Hyunseung ordered with a pout, not bothering to even look at Junhyung. He jumped slightly when he felt his boyfriend wrap his arms around his waist, and Junhyung rested his chin on Hyunseung’s shoulder.

“Are you sure you don’t want to sleep with your human bolster?” Junhyung asked.

Hyunseung pouted, turning around to look at Junhyung with teary eyes.  “No… but you don’t want to tell me what you’re doing later!” he cried indignantly. Junhyung freaked out, still not used to making Hyunseung cry. He shushed the elder, letting Hyunseung bury his face in his chest and cry.

“I’m meeting Sungyeol later, ok?” Junhyung admitted. It wasn’t a lie, technically. But it wasn’t the full truth either. “Don’t cry, please?” Junhyung pleaded. He would never get used to Hyunseung crying, whether or not it was because of the pregnancy hormones. It absolutely to see him cry like that.

Hyunseung sniffled, looking up at Junhyung. “Why? What about Myungsoo and Sungjong?”

“Nope, it’s just Sungyeol,” Junhyung lied. Well, that was the original plan… “He’s in charge of the décor for Sunggyu and Woohyun’s wedding, and he wanted my input on things,” Junhyung explained. That isn’t a lie but it isn’t the main purpose for meeting, either.

Hyunseung tilted his head to the side in confusion. “Why not just ask Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun?”

“He wanted to go through me first since I have good taste in the arts,” Junhyung replied.

Hyunseung sniffled once more, nodding in understanding. That makes sense. It wasn’t as if he could deny Junhyung’s art sense. The younger was really gifted, and he didn’t even understand how. Hyunseung just wasn’t good in the arts, unless it was dancing.

“Are you still mad at me?” Junhyung asked.

Hyunseung shook his head and kissed Junhyung on the nose. “Nope!”

Junhyung grinned, relieved that Hyunseung didn’t ask more. Sure, he could’ve made up more lies but it wasn’t as if he enjoyed lying to Hyunseung. He felt that he had to be as honest as possible, to make up for the lies that he’d already told.

 

----------------------

 

“Yoon Doojoon! Yoseob! Come on let’s go!” Hyunseung shouted, banging on the couple’s room door. He still had the keys to his old apartment since Doojoon never asked for it, and in return, he let Doojoon have a set of keys to his current apartment. It was with Junhyung’s consent, of course.

“Give us a minute!” Doojoon shouted. Junhyung sighed, rolling his eyes and plopping down on the couch. He could pretty much guess what the couple had been up to, since Yoseob was finally starting to become a -crazed maniac – more so than before. For the past few days, Doojoon and Yoseob had been going at it like dogs in heat. It was so obvious from how Yoseob would limp slightly while he walked around.

Hyunseung groaned as he sat down beside Junhyung. “Will they ever stop?” he questioned. While he did understand that pregnancy hormones made Yoseob , it wasn’t as if they had to have whenever the hell they had free time. When Hyunseung came down to their apartment two days ago to ask if they wanted to have breakfast together, since Junhyung was about to cook, he stumbled upon them having on the couch. At that thought, Hyunseung jumped and went over to sit at the dining table instead. “That couch is tainted,” he said, shuddering.

Junhyung chuckled and shook his head. Hyunseung had to realise that within a couple of weeks, he would be just like Yoseob was currently. He had to resist the urge to voice that thought though. If he did, Hyunseung might ask him to sleep on the couch again and he’d only just gotten out of that.

The couple waited for nearly ten minutes before Doojoon and Yoseob finally exited their room, looking perfectly normal and not as if they’d just made love. Hyunseung shot the couple a look and got up. “You guys sure took long to clean up,” he remarked. “Let’s go!”

Junhyung and Hyunseung left the house first, heading down to get the car. It took some time for Hyunseung to finally get over his fear of getting into a car, nearly two weeks, but at least he dared to take the car now. It would’ve been a hassle to walk and take public transport everywhere.

After Doojoon and Yoseob got on the car, Junhyung began the drive to the clinic. Yoseob was twelve weeks along now, and Hyunseung eleven, so they were going for their first trimester ultrasound. To say that Hyunseung was excited was an understatement. The entire car ride there, he was bouncing in his seat and reading the pregnancy books about the eleventh week and how Miracle was growing. He also kept on going about how cool it would be to hear Miracle’s heartbeat and see him, and it was all Junhyung could do not to kiss Hyunseung for being such an adorable sweetheart. Heck, how could I leave Seungie when he’s like this? Junhyung still couldn’t believe that he had to do it, to leave.

It didn’t take long before they arrived at the clinic and told the receptionist that they had an appointment at 11.30am. She told them to take a seat and that Dr. Im would be ready to see them soon. They did as told, and Yoseob decided that it would be good to take a seat on Doojoon’s lap. And then he wriggled his around.

Hyunseung and Junhyung watched on in mild disturbance, wondering if they should intervene somehow. Eventually they began making out and Hyunseung knew that he had to stop them. He smacked Doojoon on the head and forcefully pulled the couple apart. “Can you guys not?”

Yoseob shook his head, looking at Hyunseung seriously. “No, we can’t.”

“Jang Hyunseung and Yang Yoseob.”

“Come on, Seungie,” Junhyung said, standing up and walking into the doctor’s office together. Doojoon and Yoseob looked at each other, shrugging and following behind the couple.

Dr. Im smiled at the four, gesturing for them to sit down. He asked some questions regarding the pregnancy and did a couple of routine checks before leading them to the ultrasound room. Hyunseung went first, lying down on the bed and exposing his bare stomach. The bump was more visible now, but it still wasn’t that obvious. It could easily be covered with a t-shirt.

“This is going to be cold,” Dr. Im warned, spreading the cool gel over Hyunseung’s stomach. He then moved the doppler around to find Miracle’s heartbeat and within seconds, there was the sound of a rapid heartbeat reverberating in the room. Hyunseung teared up, gripping onto Junhyung’s hand. He absolutely loved hearing Miracle’s heartbeat. It just made everything seem more real.

Dr. Im then turned the ultrasound machine on and moved the doppler around some more to get a clear view of Miracle. Hyunseung’s eyes were trained on the screen, and when he could make out Miracle’s head and body the tears just spilled over.

“That’s our Miracle,” Junhyung whispered, kissing Hyunseung’s temple. Hyunseung nodded, trying his best to stop crying. Junhyung, on the other hand, teared up slightly but managed to prevent himself from crying.

“Your baby’s looking good, I’ll take some measurements and you’re good to go,” Dr. Im told them. He quickly did what he had to and handed Hyunseung some tissues to wipe the gel off. Hyunseung and Junhyung thanked the doctor, going to stand by the side so that Yoseob could get on the bed.

Dr. Im did the same for Yoseob as with Hyunseung, moving the doppler around to find the baby’s heartbeat. His eyes widened slightly and a small smile glued itself onto his face. Yoseob and Doojoon looked at the doctor weirdly. “Is there something wrong?” Doojoon asked.

“No, not at all. Let me get a clear view first,” he replied. Once he was satisfied, he turned to look at Doojoon and Yoseob, pointing at a grey blob on the screen. Yoseob furrowed his brows in confusion, because unlike Hyunseung’s ultrasound, his had two grey blobs.

“Wait… twins?” Yoseob asked unsurely.

“Yes, exactly! Congratulations!”

 

--------------------

 

After the ultrasound, which Doojoon and Yoseob were still in shock over, the four went to have some food. Hyunseung and Yoseob were both hungry, apparently. That took around an hour, since Hyunseung insisted on having beef from some famous stall which had a pretty long queue.

Junhyung dropped the three off at the store, telling the others to take care of Hyunseung, before he left. He went down to the restaurant where Woohyun worked, spotting Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo at a table in the corner. Howon and Dongwoo were right behind Junhyung, and they walked over to the table together. Not too long later, Sunggyu and Woohyun joined them. The seven friends looked at Junhyung curiously, wondering why he’d gathered them.

“In case you’re wondering, I only asked to meet Sungyeol but he insisted that he ask all of you out,” Junhyung clarified. Sungyeol smiled sheepishly, shrugging slightly. “But I need your help. All of you,” Junhyung said, not beating around the bush. “Firstly, can you keep something from Seungie?”

Howon narrowed his eyes. “You aren’t cheating on him, are you?”

Shaking his head, Junhyung replied, “Of course not! I just happen to have the largest gang in Korea on my tail, and one of the leaders is bent to break Seungie and I up. He’s already given me a clear enough warning and told me to leave by the second of July.”

Immediately, questions about why were thrown at Junhyung and he calmly answered all of them, explaining how Jaewon had a crazy sister complex and everything else. Once the seven were satisfied with his explanation, he continued to explain his plan. By the end of that, more than half of them were looking at him like he was mad.

“That’s a terrible plan!” Sunggyu told him.

“I know, but is there any other way? Jaewon has the largest gang in Korea, remember that.”

“You want us to take turns taking care of Hyunseung and your kid for you while you’re gone?” Dongwoo asked. Junhyung nodded in response. “But you have no idea how long you’ll be gone for?” Again, Junhyung nodded.

“I know most of you aren’t extremely close with Seung, but I think you’re close enough to do this, right? I just don’t want him to be more hurt than he’s going to be, and I can’t tell the others at the store because they’ll tell him for sure,” Junhyung explained. There was a hint of desperation in his voice, and really it wasn’t hard to figure out why. He had seven weeks left and he had to find someone to look after Hyunseung for him. He knew that Doojoon and the others would take care of Hyunseung for sure, but he still needed someone to keep him updated and all.

Sungjong sighed. “I can’t believe you got into such deep , but I’ll help. Hyunseung’s nice and I think it’ll be awesome if I can make another good friend,” Sungjong said with a grin. Automatically, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were in. Howon also agreed to help, because he knew that Junhyung was doing this for Hyunseung and his kid. Dongwoo, Sunggyu and Woohyun agreed as well. The three of them, along with Howon, were closer to Hyunseung than the other three and knew that he would need more people by his side.

Looking at the seven of them, Junhyung stood up and bowed.

“Thank you. Thank you so, so much.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok I originally intended for only Sungyeol to help Junhyung but then... it would seem a little weird since Sungyeol isn't exactly close to Hyunseung at all. They've only met, what, once? So in the end, the entire Infinite is going to help XD

This was pretty rushed but I hope it was fine~ And yes, Yoseob was totally gonna have twins right from the start. To all those who guessed it earlier on... I just couldn't tell you like that ._. But yeah it was pretty obvious that he was having twins huh?

I'll be gone next week, to Malaysia, so I won't update but I'll update as soon as I can! Please wait patiently~

That's all from me for now, and I really haven't been getting much typing done (busy with work)If I update late, then I'm sorry >< Alright, annyeong! ^^