This Stinks

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung sighed as he leaned back against the couch in the staff lounge, scrolling through apps on his phone. Junhyung was working to cover for Hyunseung. The others were working as well, and Jungsu had left to meet his supervisors to submit a detailed report on the robbery that had happened a week ago. It was long overdue and the supervisors were getting impatient.

I still have four hours till their shift ends! Four freaking hours!

Hyunseung groaned in frustration and puffed his cheeks up. He decided that maybe he would call up some university friends and hang out with them. He hadn’t seen the lot of them ever since graduating a few months ago. He would see them again, of course, when he goes to collect his results next week.

He smiled softly as he scrolled through familiar contacts. Maybe they could even dance together! Or at least he could attempt to, since he couldn’t do much with a fractured wrist.

Hyunseung dialled the number and waited patiently for his friend to pick up. Hyunseung heaved a sigh of relief when he got through, glad that his friends hadn’t forgotten about his existence since the last time they contacted each other had been at least a month ago.

“Hyunseung hyung?”

“Yeah. Hey, are you free?” Hyunseung asked. His friend discussed this with someone and replied him quickly. “Do you want to hang out at that café near school? The one we used to go to?”

“Sure. I’ll see you there in a half hour.”

“Thanks! You have no idea how bored I was,” Hyunseung sighed. His friend chuckled.

“You’re always bored. See ya!”

Hyunseung nodded. “Don’t be late!” And Hyunseung ended the call. He stood up and grabbed his wallet, stuffing it into his pocket. An idea came to his mind and he held his phone as he walked out of the staff lounge. I’m going to love this.

There were a few customers, nothing the other five couldn’t handle. In fact, Hyunseung was in luck as Junhyung’s lane was empty. He quickly marched up in front of the younger male and grinned brightly. Junhyung raised a questioning brow at Hyunseung.

“Yes?”

“Take a picture with me!” Hyunseung ordered. Junhyung frowned, not particularly liking to take pictures. However, he just couldn’t find it in himself to say no to Hyunseung. After all, the bright grin on Hyunseung’s face froze Junhyung in place.

How could somebody’s smile be so beautiful? Ugh, what am I saying? Why am I so close to Hyunseung anyway? It’s just a picture, isn’t it? I guess it couldn’t hurt. Hyunseung would be so upset if I said no.

As the thoughts went through Junhyung’s mind, he questioned himself yet again about why he cared so much about Hyunseung’s feelings. He shrugged nonchalantly and Hyunseung squealed in happiness. He didn’t really expect Junhyung to agree.

“One, two… three,” Hyunseung counted and took the photo. Junhyung looked positively grumpy, but Hyunseung found that Junhyung still looked charming. Hyunseung saved the picture and took another, just for the sake of it. Customers stared at them as they left, murmuring to each other about how the employees of the store weren’t professional.

“Done!” Hyunseung exclaimed, ignoring the comments of the customers. They’re jealous, Hyunseung thought, blushing lightly when he realised the implications of that statement. After all, he and Junhyung weren’t together. What did people have to be jealous about?

He thanked Junhyung by pecking him on the cheek. When he pulled back, Junhyung was holding onto his right cheek. He stared at Hyunseung in shock. Flustered, Hyunseung just checked the time and ran out of the store.

Why did I do that?! Oh god, Junhyung’s going to think that I’m so weird! NO!!!

In despair, Hyunseung began to run to the direction of his university. He had hoped that running would clear his mind. However, Hyunseung kept thinking about the light peck that he had placed on Junhyung’s cheek. He sincerely hoped that Junhyung wasn’t too freaked out.

Back in the store, Junhyung was frozen in place. His heart was hammering loudly in his chest, his heartbeat thundering in his ears. He felt his face burn and excused himself, running off into the staff lounge. He rushed into the toilet and locked the door, looking at himself in the mirror.

I’ve never felt this way before. I don’t believe that Jang Hyunseung has this effect on me! What right does he have to make me feel this way, huh?

Junhyung splashed some water on his face, willing his mind to forget about Hyunseung’s lips on his cheek. His fingers brushed the area unconsciously and a smile formed on his lips. Junhyung shook his head and shuddered, heading back to his counter.

I can’t let Jang Hyunseung have such a big influence on me. I have to forget it!

Junhyung spent the next three hours trying to focus on work. Every single time he had nothing to do, Junhyung’s thoughts would drift back to the peck and he would place his hand over his cheek.

I’m acting like a schoolgirl with a crush!

And that’s how Junhyung ended up banging his head against the countertop in misery. Doojoon, Gikwang and Dongwoon watched on in amusement, clearly not understanding the reason behind Junhyung’s pain. Yoseob had been worried, but he had to admit that it was funny to see his best friend suffering.

 

---------------------------

 

Hyunseung panted as he slowed down to a jog before slowly approaching the café that he and his friends frequented. They would often have a short rest between dance practices at the café, each sipping on their own drink as they talked.

He walked into the familiar café and inhaled the sweet aroma of coffee beans. Janus Café. Hyunseung heaved a contented sigh and waved at the baristas. They all knew him personally, having studied in the arts department with him. They had been part-timers in the café since high school, since the boss was the father of one of the baristas.

“Hyunseung!” the boss’s son, Donghyun, greeted cheerfully. “It’s been long since I’ve seen you!”

Hyunseung smiled and nodded in agreement, taking his usual spot by the window. Donghyun approached him a few minutes later with a cup of coffee in hand. “Caramel frappe, your usual.”

Hyunseung thanked Donghyun and the latter sat down on the other side of the table. “Who are you meeting?” Donghyun asked. Hyunseung checked the time and frowned. His friends were late, again. Every single time he arranged to meet them, they ended up being late.

“Who else? The o couple,” Hyunseung replied, snickering at the name that they had come up with for the two. In Korean, the couple’s name had meant . That’s why the couple were cursed with the embarrassing nickname of being a o couple; that, and the fact that they adored .

“Howon and Dongwoo?” Donghyun questioned. Hyunseung nodded simply, taking a sip out of his caramel frappe. He the whipped cream off his lips and grinned at Donghyun.

“You mean Hoya. He hates being called Howon,” Hyunseung said. “So how’s life going on with you guys? Minwoo still has a few years in university, doesn’t he?”

Donghyun nodded and turned to look at his boyfriend who was diligently preparing cup after cup of coffee. “He’s overworking himself. The twins, too. Jeongmin and Hyunseong are only in their third year of university!” Donghyun exclaimed in exasperation.

Donghyun and the rest of his friends were childhood friends. Donghyun was the oldest, being a whole six years older than the twins and Minwoo. Still, they had aimed to all study in Seoul together. The youngest three were currently freshmen while Jeongmin and Hyunseong were juniors in college. All five of them had skipped at least three years of education, having skipped junior high.

“There seems to be something else that’s stressing you. What’s wrong?” Hyunseung asked worriedly. He noticed Howon and Dongwoo enter the café and waved them over.

“Jeongmin’s pregnant. I always told him and Hyunseong to at least wait till they graduate, but do they listen? No, they don’t!” Donghyun exclaimed.

Hyunseung shrugged. “Hi guys. Thanks for being early as usual,” Hyunseung said sarcastically as Howon and Dongwoo sat down. Donghyun merely greeted them and complained a little more before he went back to work.

“Hyung, you obviously know what we were up to so I won’t even try explaining,” Howon said. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and nodded. “What’d you want to do?”

Hyunseung held up his injured wrist and sighed. “There isn’t much I can do. Do you guys want to dance a little after this?” Hyunseung asked. Dongwoo nodded enthusiastically, always up for some dancing. Howon watched his boyfriend and shrugged.

“Are you still working at that convenience store?” Howon asked. Hyunseung nodded. The moment the store was mentioned, Hyunseung was reminded of Junhyung and he pulled his phone out, setting the picture of Junhyung and him as his wallpaper. A small smile played on his lips and Howon exchanged a knowing look with Dongwoo.

“What are you doing?” Dongwoo questioned curiously. Hyunseung immediately stuffed his phone into his pocket and felt colour creeping up into his cheeks. “You like someone,” Dongwoo stated.

Hyunseung was forever thankful when Donghyun disturbed them by bringing Howon and Dongwoo’s coffee to them. Unluckily for him, the couple didn’t forget about their question and eyed him suspiciously.

“Hyung, who’s this guy?” Howon demanded. Hyunseung rolled his eyes, seemingly annoyed by how nosy the couple was. Who he liked didn’t concern them. “You remember Jiyong don’t you?”

At the mention of that name, Hyunseung stiffened and shot Howon a glare. “Don’t you EVER bring his name up to me again,” Hyunseung warned.

“What if this guy is like Jiyong? What if he’s making a fool out of you?” Dongwoo asked worriedly.

Jiyong was a guy who Hyunseung had been with in freshman year. They were together for a whole year and Hyunseung was almost ready to give his life to Jiyong, but the latter revealed that he had been dating some guy named Choi Seunghyun. The smirk on Jiyong’s face when he hugged Seunghyun… Hyunseung clenched his fists angrily. And the worst part was that his name was so similar to Seunghyun’s name.

“He’s not. I know that he has a girlfriend,” Hyunseung bit out. Dongwoo unconsciously shifted closer to Howon when he saw how Hyunseung was looking at them.

“That’s even worse! Hyung, can’t you go for those who aren’t attached?” Howon questioned incredulously. Hyunseung narrowed his eyes even more.

“He doesn’t love her. It’s pretty obvious.”

Howon groaned in frustration. “You know what? Forget it. I don’t care if he breaks your heart, but if he genuinely loves you then I’ll be happy. Let’s go to the dance studio,” Howon said, too angry to even continue talking. Hyunseung nodded in agreement and they told Donghyun that they were leaving before making their way to the dance studio.

The security guard let them into the university after they showed him their alumni passes. They immediately headed towards the School of Arts and found their favourite dance studio, Studio 4. For as long as they remembered, that particular studio was empty almost all the time.

Howon and Dongwoo began stretching before they started to dance. They still remembered what they performed for their final year project and Hyunseung never did find out what they danced. As he watched them dance, Hyunseung couldn’t help but to feel jealous. He wanted to dance! But then he looked at his hand again and sighed.

At least there’s Junhyung’s signature here.

Hyunseung’s lips curved up at the sides as he recalled how Junhyung was so anxious to be the first to sign on his cast. Of course, Yoseob had signed on it afterwards, but the image of Junhyung smiling after he had signed on the cast could send Hyunseung’s heart into overdrive.

That’s right. Junhyung wouldn’t play with me like that bastard. He never even said that he liked me, so I can’t set my hopes too high. I hope he likes me though.

Howon and Dongwoo stood in front of Hyunseung, raising a brow at him. He was totally zoning out and kept staring at the cast on his arm. Dongwoo, being the sharper of the two, noticed that there was a signature there.

He informed his boyfriend about it and Howon frowned. It has to be related to that guy.

“Hyung,” Howon called, getting Hyunseung’s attention. “Do you want to dance?”

Hyunseung held up his right hand. “I’d rather not.”

Howon shrugged and tapped Dongwoo, and they continued to dance whatever routines they could remember. Hyunseung actually paid attention this time, and he corrected any minor mistakes that he spotted the couple doing.

By the time it was 6.30pm, Hyunseung stood up and told Howon and Dongwoo that he was leaving. The couple nodded, walking out of their university with him before they parted ways.

On the walk back to the store, Hyunseung kept staring at his phone. He sighed.

Howon is such an , but he means well. Aish. I wonder if they want to have dinner.

What Hyunseung saw when he entered the store brought him up short.

Hara was kissing Junhyung.

Oh god.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yo people, I'm back! :D Common tests have ended!!! XD

This chapter was pretty weird to me, and I really have to let DooSeob get together x.x I hope you guys enjoyed it anyways :)

I should be able to update on time next week, I hope. I might not though, because school is starting to get hectic ><

Pray that I'll update this next week! Till the next update, annyeong~! ^^