Robbed

You Make Me A Good Man

 

Here's the first chappie~! Italicised words are what the characters are thinking, but it'll usually be Seungie and Junhyung's thoughts :)

Since today is my bday (YEAHH I SHARE THE SAME BDAY WITH CHANGJO!) I'll probably be doing a double update ^^

 

 

 

(One fine day)

 

It was a cold spring night. The streets were almost deserted since it was almost midnight.

Hyunseung was working in a convenience store near his house. Hyunseung is a twenty-four year-old who lived with his best friend in a small, cosy apartment in Seoul. His family lived back in his hometown. Hyunseung had told his parents that he wanted to be independent and get a part-time job to pay for his university tuition fees, so they let him.

Hyunseung had just graduated from university and was waiting for his results to be out. For now, he’d decided that he would just continue working and earn some money to pay for his living expenses.

He scanned the items that a customer placed on the conveyer belt with the barcode scanner with skilled hands, placing the items into a plastic bag quickly and efficiently before taking the money from the customer and putting it into the cash register.

“Thank you! Please come again and goodnight!” Hyunseung greeted the customer with a cheerful smile. Once the customer walked out of the store, Hyunseung slumped back against the chair. The only people left in the convenience store were Hyunseung and his colleagues, Dongwoon and Gikwang. Hyunseung raised a brow to himself as he realised their absence.

Those two must be in the staff lounge having or making out. They always are, Hyunseung thought and chuckled while shaking his head to himself.

Hyunseung heard the familiar ringing of the wind chimes and stood up, plastering a smile onto his face as he greeted the customer.

“Good evening sir!”

The customer merely walked around the store, and Hyunseung couldn’t let himself keep staring at the man, no matter how handsome he looked. I have to be professional.

As he sat down, Hyunseung kept thinking about the customer who was now out of sight. The man was probably around his age and damn was he hot. Suddenly, Hyunseung was snapped out of his trance as he felt something cold being pressed against his neck. He gulped and looked at whoever was holding him.

Wow, he’s even more handsome up close.

“Give me all the money in the cash register, now!” the man snapped. Hyunseung blinked a few times, not quite comprehending the situation that he was currently in.

“Excuse me?”

“I said give me all the money in the cash register!”

“O-ok…” Hyunseung stuttered, opening the cash register with trembling hands and pulling out the wads of notes. The man snatched the money from Hyunseung and ran out of the convenience store, his knife cutting Hyunseung’s neck slightly as he moved.

“Ow! Dammit, why? Manager hyung is so going to kill me! YAH! SON DONGWOON! LEE GIKWANG! GET OUT HERE NOW!” Hyunseung screamed, wincing in pain as he felt the wind blowing against the cut on his throat.

“Wait a minute! We’ll be right out!” Hyunseung heard Gikwang’s faint reply and sighed. If those two lovebirds had been outside, manning their respective cash registers, that hot customer wouldn’t have been able to rob him.

Damn, I have to stop thinking that he’s hot! He just freaking robbed me and gave me this painful cut on my throat and I still think that he’s hot?! Well, I can’t deny that he’s the hottest guy that I’ve ever seen… Snap out of it Hyunseung!

“What happened hyung?” Dongwoon asked worriedly. Hyunseung shot the couple a glare. Both of them had dishevelled hair and their uniforms weren’t even tucked in properly. And seeing how swollen their lips were, Hyunseung could so obviously tell what they had been doing.

“Hyung, what happened to your throat?! Dongwoonie, get the first-aid kit!” Gikwang ordered as he saw the cut on Hyunseung’s throat. Blood was steadily trickling down Hyunseung’s neck and it was beginning to stain his uniform. The cut wasn’t that deep, but it wasn’t exactly shallow either.

Dongwoon returned with the first-aid kit in hand and the two began to clean up Hyunseung’s wound, occasionally apologising whenever the elder male winced. Once they were done, they closed up and put the first-aid kit away.

“Hyung, really, what happened?” Gikwang asked. Hyunseung sighed deeply.

“Some hot… strike that. Some customer robbed my cash register and accidentally cut my throat while he was running off. If you two had been out here, this would never have happened!” Hyunseung shrieked. Gikwang and Dongwoon scratched the back of their heads sheepishly.

“But hyung… you know that we always need something to perk us up whenever we’re working at this time!” Dongwoon whined. Hyunseung would know since he’d been working with them for the past four or so years, but it didn’t mean that he cared.

“I’m going to tell Manager hyung about this, but if he questions you two, I won’t say anything,” Hyunseung informed them and called their manager.

“Yeoboseyo? Yes, hyung, this is Hyunseung. I’m sorry for waking you up but I need to tell you that we’ve just been robbed. It was only my cash register. They were in the toilet or something, I don’t remember. There was only me and the robber in the store at the time. You’ll come down tomorrow? Arasso. Oh yeah, hyung, my throat got cut by the robber. No, I’m fine. Yes, see you tomorrow. Can we close up and go home now? Gomawo hyung! Goodnight!” Hyunseung exclaimed as he ended the call and looked at KiWoon.

“You two have some explaining to do tomorrow. Now let’s go home. I’m beat.”

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Doojoon, I’m home!” Hyunseung shouted, knowing that the elder male would still be up watching soccer or doing something while waiting for him. Doojoon emerged from the kitchen moments later with a plate of bibimbab in hand.

“Here. I don’t think you ate dinner, did you? And- Oh my god what happened to your throat?!” Doojoon questioned as he saw the piece of gauze that had been put there by Gikwang. Hyunseung took the bibimbab from Doojoon with a small smile and patted on the empty seat beside him, gesturing for the elder male to sit down.

“Hyung, you know how Gikwang and Dongwoon are always up to something in the staff lounge at night right?” Hyunseung asked.

Doojoon nodded, having known the couple just as long as Hyunseung. He’d regularly visit them at the convenience store and chat with them when there weren’t any customers, and the four would often go out for a movie or a game of soccer together.

“Well, they were having their alone time in the staff lounge and this customer came in. At first I didn’t pay any attention to him and was thinking about something when he suddenly came up behind me and held a knife against my throat, telling me to give him the money in the cash register. After I did, he ran off and accidentally cut my throat,” Hyunseung recounted.

Yeah right. As if I didn’t pay any attention to him.

“I’ll give those two a good dressing down tomorrow. Eat the rice, shower and get to sleep, ok? I’ll be in my room if you need me,” Doojoon told Hyunseung. Hyunseung waved the elder off and Doojoon retreated into his room.

Sighing, Hyunseung put a scoop of rice into his mouth and his thoughts travelled back to the unknown robber. He couldn’t really put a finger on it, but there was something about the robber that attracted him.

Was it his eyes? Either way, Hyunseung hadn’t gotten a very good look at the robber. He would recognise him anywhere though. I mean who wouldn’t recognise a hot guy who accidentally cut your throat?

Hyunseung sighed again and just ate his supper, thinking about the robber the entire time.

Will I ever meet him again? I hope I do, even if he has to hold a knife at my throat again.

Hyunseung finished his supper and washed the plate, grabbing his favourite Pororo pyjamas and a new pair of boxers before heading into the toilet to take his shower. Once he was done with that, Hyunseung dumped his uniform into the laundry basket and plopped onto his soft bed.

I didn’t even get to ask for his name. I should have asked when he was holding that damn knife at my throat. Oh well, it’s too late for regrets now.

With the robber in mind, Hyunseung drifted off to sleep.

Of course, his dreams were filled with the handsome robber.

 

 

 

 

 

This chapter's a little short but the next chapter should be longer :) What'd you guys think about it? Comment!

I hope I met your expectations or whatever for the first chapter cause I've always at beginnings -.- And please read my other fics if you happen to ship OnTae or YeWook~! ^^

Look forward to the second update! Annyeong! XD