A Little Taste of Home~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

“How many times have I told you to put the cap back on the toothpaste?!”

I rolled my eyes as my roommate just kept screaming about random things that she found wrong with our apartment. I hated how Cambridge did things, man. They chose who your roommate was going to be, even if you chose to stay in an apartment over an on-campus dorm. Seriously? The apartment’s coming out of my own damn pocket and they feel as though they can pick my roommate for me? Aish. But on the flipside, they didn’t prevent girls and guys being in the same apartment like they did with the on-campus dorms, meaning that James could keep me sane while I had to live with the second She-Devil more commonly referred to as Brittane Baker. Aish. She was just about the whitest chick you’d know trying to be Korean, and it bugged the crap outta me.

“UKI!” she shrieked from somewhere in the depths of the apartment.

“AISH! SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND LOCK YOU IN THE CLOSET!” I screamed back, feeling as though I was about to tear through my history textbook.

“Excuse me? Is that any way to speak to your unnie?”

I looked up to see her standing at her bedroom doorway, hands on hips, her blue eyes glaring at me. Her bleach blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail, her bangs sweeping across her forehead. She was pale, but a different kind of pale. Like…Not me pale, but…White person pale? I dunno. She was a weird skin color. There, let’s go with that one. As for height? She was average height, about 5’4 or so, but that didn’t do anything to change her ego that practically stretched to the ends of the universe. She thought just because her daddy could buy her way into college that she was so high and mighty. Oh hell no. Someone’s putting this in her place.

I glared icily at her. “You are not my unnie, and don’t you dare say that.”

Her eyes clouded as she pouted at me. Aish, who did this chick think she was? After two months of rooming together, you’d think that she’d learn that I don’t fall for that crap and I don’t tolerate her ridiculously stuck-up attitude. Goodness, what I wouldn’t give to freaking be James’ roommate instead of that one’s. I heard someone clearing their throat, causing me to look at James, who was giving me that look of his. I sighed.

“James oppa!” Brittane exclaimed. “I didn’t know you were here! Although, I should’ve guessed since you’re always with Uki anyways. Uki, didn’t you say you had a boyfriend?”

“Oh ! Thanks for reminding me, Brittane!” I exclaimed, causing her to look at me with a shocked expression since that probably wasn’t the response she was hoping for. What? You really think I was gonna give her the satisfaction of making me look like an unfaithful girlfriend in front of James? Nah, man, she can find some other chick to help her with that one.

I jumped off the couch, throwing my textbooks, papers, pencils, and various other school supplies out of the way to get to my room. I pulled my laptop out and flopped on the bed, logging in as quickly as my left hand would allow me to. Aish, they were gonna kill me! Finally, the Skype window popped open and Donghae’s smiling face filled the screen. I felt myself involuntarily smiling in response despite the fact that he hadn’t even said anything yet.

“Uki!” he exclaimed happily. “I thought you were abandoning me tonight!”

“Aish, this guy. Do you have abandonment issues or somethin’?” I asked with a laugh, repositioning my right arm so it wouldn’t be digging into my ribs.

“Well, I don’t like being lonely,” he replied with a pout.

“Yah! Is that Uki?!”I heard someone yelling in the background.

A moment later, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, and Henry all dog piled my poor fishy, making me laugh. They all yelled hi to me while trying to pin Donghae down so he wouldn’t be able to get up and hog the laptop.

“Yah! Don’t be hurting my fishy or else I’m gonna fly out there and kill every single one of you!” I exclaimed at them.

“So if we hurt Donghae, you’ll fly out here immediately?!” Eunhyuk excitedly exclaimed. “You heard her! This calls for some serious damage!”

“Yah! Hyungs!” Donghae yelled as both Eunhyuk and Sungmin sat on Donghae while Henry just smiled at me.

“Hi, Uki!” he said with that chubby-cheeked smile of his, ignoring his ridiculous hyungs acting like three-year-olds in the background.

I laughed at the sight of Donghae wrestling with Sungmin and Eunhyuk in the background as I said, “Hi, Henry! How’s my Mochi doing?”

“We miss you, Uki! When are you coming back?!” he asked with a sad look.

I smiled at him. “After my semester exams, I get two glorious months off, meaning I’ll be coming soon!”

“When are your exams?”

“In a month or so.”

“Aish! YOU CALL THAT SOON?! WE NEED YOU HERE NOW, UKI!”

“Yah! Who said you could hog her all to yourself, you maknae?!” I heard someone exclaim, followed by the sight of Eunhyuk pushing Henry out of the way and smiling his one-of-a-kind smile at me.

“Uki! Did I just hear that you’ll be coming back in a month?” he asked me.

“That’s the pla—”

My words were cut off by the sound of something shattering, and I’m pretty sure it came from my end of the line. What the hell?

“Brittane, Uki is gonna kill you when she sees this!” I heard James’ voice exclaim.

“WHOA! WHO’S THAT?!” I heard Donghae’s voice yell, his face suddenly coming into view, his eyes trying to search around my room.

“Oppa! Don’t touch it, you’re gonna cut yourself!” I heard Brittane yell next.

My eyes widened. “, WHAT DID YOU JUST ING BREAK?!” I turned my attention back to the screen and said, “I’ll be right back, oppa. I needa go see if I needa kill anybody tonight.”

Donghae’s POV~

I blinked at the screen as Uki moved away, walking off to the side.

“What just happened?” Eunhyuk asked.

Then, as if in answer to his question, we heard Uki screaming at the top of her lungs, “YOU ING BROKE MY MUSIC BOX?!”

“I’m sorry, Uki!” another girl’s voice could be distantly heard. “I’ll pay for another one!”

“YOU CAN’T! MY BOYFRIEND GOT ME THIS! HE HAD IT ESPECIALLY MADE! AISH, YOU STUPID GIRL! I’M GONNA STRANGLE YOU!

Music box? Boyfriend? OH HELL NO! SHE BETTER NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THAT MUSIC BOX I MADE FOR HER! Gah, it took me forever to make that! I pouted and crossed my arms huffily. I made that for her when she finally took me back!

“Is that Uki on Skype?” I heard a voice ask.

I turned around to see Alex with a basket of laundry resting on her hip. Poor Alex. Working nonstop to take care of us all by herself was already taking its toll on her again. And it didn’t make things any better when we were getting so close to our comeback, making our schedules and lives even more hectic than before. I nodded at her, causing a huge smile to form on her face. She dropped the basket to the floor and quickly rushed over, jumping on top of Eunhyuk when he wouldn’t move out of the way. He yelped in surprise and pain, causing Alex to smirk evilly.

“I warned you,” she said in a sing-song voice.

“Aish, this girl,” Eunhyuk groaned, rubbing his back in pain after he managed to push her off.

She cheesed at him, causing me, Sungmin, and Henry to laugh uncontrollably.

“JAMES! LET ME GO THIS INSTANT!” I heard Uki’s voice yelling again.

I turned my attention back to the screen as I heard a guy’s voice saying, “I can’t do that! If you go out there, you’re gonna kill her!”

“That’s kinda the idea, James,” Uki responded.

And then it became a little awkward when all we saw were legs since her laptop was probably sitting on the bed.

“Did Uki get even skinnier?” Eunhyuk asked, leaning closer to the screen as if that was gonna help him see better to determine his answer.

I punched him in the shoulder, exclaiming, “Yah! Don’t be checking out my girlfriend like that!”

“Girlfriend?” I heard the guy on Uki’s side ask. “You’re chatting with your boyfriend? Oh man, I gotta see this pop star wannabe.”

Wannabe? Wannabe?! Oh hell no! I am no wannabe. I’m the real deal, man.

A second later, a guy’s face came into view beside Uki’s, whose face was donning a scowl. I saw the guy’s eyes bug.

“LEE DONGHAE?! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS LEE DONGHAE?!” he exclaimed, jumping up and staring at Uki.

Uki busted out laughing, the scowl completely melting away from face. God, I missed hearing that every day. Aish, I want her back here now!

“Surprised?” I heard Uki manage between her laughs.

“How in the world do you know Lee Donghae?!” the guy asked instead.

“Friend of my brother’s,” Uki responded.

“Oh, lemme guess. Your brother’s Choi Siwon?” he asked, rolling his eyes.

Uki’s face split into a smile again as she burst into her uncontrollable laugher once more.

“YAH! HE REALLY IS YOUR BROTHER?!” he exclaimed.

Uki sat up, shaking her head at us. “Sorry for this one, he’s a little slow.”

“Hey!” he shouted in the back ground.

“Guys, this is James Park. He’s one of my good friends here on campus,” she introduced.

James came back into view, waving at us. Seeing this, him with her and able to make her laugh so easily, brought a pang of jealousy which was beginning to expand in the pit of my stomach. That should be me there to make her laugh like that. Aish. And why does he have to look like some Korean pop star?! If he steals Uki away from me, I think I’m gonna cry. T^T I mumbled a hello as everyone else chorused happy greetings.

James just shook his head, saying, “And after all this time I’ve known Uki, I never once thought to put two and two together. I thought she was joking when she said she knew you guys.”

“Yah! I’m not some crazed ELF who goes around making up stuff like that!” Uki exclaimed indignantly, hitting him on the shoulder. He just shrugged innocently at her, making her roll her eyes and turn her attention back to us. “Alright, so now that Brittane’s gone and I no longer have the urge to kill someone, how’re things going over there?”

“Terrible!” Alex exclaimed first before the rest of us had a chance to respond. “The guys are so busy, their schedules are ridiculous, I’m stuck doing everything, and now that you’re gone, Heechul finds it perfectly acceptable to torture me instead! Uki, I need you back here.”

She laughed and said, “Aww, my poor Alex! Sorry, but it’ll be another month before I can even begin thinking about going anywhere. Exams are coming up soon and my professors are beginning to breathe down my neck.”

“Professor White wouldn’t be yelling at you so much if you would just stay awake in her class,” James told her, rolling his eyes at her.

“You shush your mouth, James Park! No one asked you!” she exclaimed.

“Uki, you’re falling asleep in class? Maybe we should stop Skyping so late then,” I said uncertainly. She’d worked too hard to get to Cambridge just to fall asleep in class on account of us!

Uki glared at James. “I’m going to make your life Hell, just so you know.”

He laughed at her and said, “It was nice meeting all of you! But I’m gonna be a good student and go finish up my homework. Bye!”

We all said our goodbyes as he got up to leave. Omo, I just thought of something. WHAT WAS HE DOING IN HER APARTMENT?! They were just studying, right? They were just doing homework, right?RIGHT?! SOMEONE TELL ME RIGHT! Seeing the troubled look on my face, Uki smiled at me, saying, “Relax, Donghae. We’re partners for a history project and that’s what we were working on before I came to talk to you.”

Aish, she knows me so well<3 I let out a breath of relief as I said, “Well, maybe we should let you go then. We don’t want you failing any of your classes.”

“Failing? Pfsht. I don’t know the meaning of the word failure,” she replied with a grin.

I smiled at her. “I miss you, Uki.”

“I miss you, too,” she replied with the same smile.

“Oh gross! I think we’re done here. Goodbye, Uki!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, clicking the red X and exiting out of the chat window.

My jaw dropped as I looked at him. “EUNHYUK! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!”

He laughed as he shrugged his shoulders. “Sorry! It was an accident.”

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU!” I got up and took off after him, tackling him to the ground and attacking his face with a pillow. Sungmin and Henry came up, trying to drag me off, but I just pushed them off, continuing my assault as Eunhyuk was simply laughing and yelling sorry over and over. Alex came up to me and grabbed me by the shoulder, yanking me off.

“Aish, I can’t wait for Uki to be back! You guys are going insane!” she exclaimed, going and grabbing her basket and disappearing from view.

Uki’s POV~

I sat there gaping at the screen.

I’m so killing Eunhyuk the moment I step foot in Seoul.

 

Lol. I dunno about you guys, but I missed seeing the insane sides of the boys! xD

Kekek. Eunhae = <3