Unexpected Events~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

I was so hyper all day today. I just wanted to freaking fly out already! Every few minutes or so, my eyes would flicker to the clock. I totally did not pay attention in any of my classes today seeing as how I’d already taken the exams already. ^^ Throughout the day, I saw that James was just as restless as I was. I wanted to see my boys, he wanted to see his grandma, so WHY THE HELL IS TIME SO FREAKING SLOW TODAY?!

“Alright. Read and write a report on chapter fifteen. Class is dismissed,” Professor White said, interrupting my mental babble.

I quickly grabbed my purse and books and bolted out of there. YES! SEOUL, HERE I COME!<3 Turning around, I watched the students flow out of there easily, waiting for James so we could head out together. Hmm…That was the last student. But where’s James? Walking back to the door, I paused when I heard, “I’m sorry, James, but you failed my exam.”

What?

My eyes widened and my heart dropped. If he failed the exam, that would mean that he—

“You fail my class for the first term,”Professor White’s voice said again.

Oh no…

But James worked so hard! How could he fail such an easy exam?!

I heard him sighing and say, “It’s okay. Just figured I needed to try. But can I ask how Uki did on hers?”

“Uki?” she asked. “Uki made a perfect score. I figured as much, though. She’s Uki after all.”

James sighed again and I could almost imagine his head hanging low as he said, “I see. Thanks for the heads up.”

I quickly shot up from my crouched position by the door and walked a little ways down the hallway just as James came out.

“Oh hey, Uki! Wait up!” I heard him call cheerfully.

I turned and saw him coming towards me with a bright smile on his face, but no matter how hard he tried to hide it, I could still see the hurt light shining in his eyes. He caught up to me and smiled, a little breathless as he said, “I thought you would have been gone by now.”

I smiled up at him uncertainly, not sure if I should play along to his ridiculous façade or let him know that I knew what was going on. In the end, I decided that I might as well just play along ‘cause I used to have these days, too. “I was waiting for you since we have the same flight out tonight. Ready to leave?”

“Oh, yeah. Wanna stop by my apartment to get my bags first and then go over to yours so I can help you get your stuff?” he asked, still smiling.

I smiled, nodding. “Sounds like a plan.”

James’ POV~

I…failed?

I’d never failed anything before in my life, and I come to college and I failed? I couldn’t even put how I was feeling into words. It was indescribable sadness and overbearing disappointment, but despite all the grief running through my veins, I couldn’t shake the feeling of just a little stab of jealousy. Jealousy that Uki, even though we learned the same material and took the exams at the same time and we missed out on the same amount of material, she managed to get a perfect score and I failed. How could that even be possible? I mean, I knew Uki was smart. I knew she was ridiculously smart, but so was I! I was equally as smart as she was and I somehow managed to fail?!

“James? Are you okay?” a sweet voice asked me softly.

I shook my head slightly to clear away all my excess thoughts and looked down to see Uki staring up at me, worry evident in her big, gorgeous light green eyes with that weird but insanely beautiful gold flecked in her irises. Seriously? How can someone even have that eye color?! I’m not gonna lie and say that I didn’t have feelings for Uki. How can someone not, ya’ know? She was gorgeous, she was smart, she was modest, she was hilarious, she was strong, she was independent, she was literally everything anybody could ever ask for in a best friend, a daughter, a sister, a niece, a cousin, a girlfriend. But I respected the fact that she was going out with someone else and it never once crossed my mind to try to win her over. What’s the point, ya’ know? Doing that stuff only caused unnecessary pain and anger for all parties involved and I’d learned my lesson the last time I tried something like that.

“Hello? James? Are you still paying attention?” she asked again.

“Huh? Oh, um, yeah. I’ve just gotta lotta things on my mind right now. Are you ready to see your boys again?” I asked with a forced smile.

She smiled at me, and for some reason, I had a feeling that she knew something was wrong. But another thing I loved about Uki was that she knew when someone didn’t wanna talk about something. She didn’t push a subject if the person didn’t wanna talk, and it made life a whole lot easier for everyone.

“Yeah, I’m so excited. I can’t wait to get outta here,” she said, a childish light dancing in her eyes. “Where are you staying while you’re there? Are you staying there for the entire three months?”

“I’m planning to. I mean, my entire family is gonna be there, so there’s no point in me leaving. And I’ll probably be staying at my grandma’s house,” I responded as we were nearing the apartment buildings.

She nodded her head knowingly as we walked up the stairs to my apartment. I opened the door and said, “It’ll just take a second. I just needa get my toothbrush and stuff and we’ll take my car over to your apartment. I can just leave it there, right? Like, parked in front of your apartment?”

“Yeah, it should be fine,” she replied, taking a seat on my couch and readjusting her sling. I’d noticed something was off about her arm. Before, her hand just kinda hung there lifelessly, but for some odd reason, it seemed…Different today. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but…Something was definitely different. I shook my head slightly, gave her one last smile, and headed off to get my toothbrush from my bathroom.

Taking one last look around, making sure I didn’t forget anything, I turned back and stuck my toothbrush in one of my suitcases’ pockets. Turning to Uki, I asked, “Are you all packed and ready?”

She nodded promptly and stood up, smiling as she said, “Yupp! Do you remember when the flight is?”

I looked at my watch and said, “Oh , we better hurry. Our flight’s at six and it’s already five twenty.”

Her eyes widened as she said, “Crap, we’re gonna be late! C’mon!”

She grabbed my arm and dragged me after her toward the door. I smiled despite myself. No matter how down I felt, she always had a way of unknowingly making me smile. I loved her for that. Right before I left, I locked my front door and followed her out to my car. It was a quick drive from my apartment to hers since our buildings were right next to each other’s, so while she was getting her luggage ready with last minute checkups, I waited outside for the cab. As I saw the vehicle pull up, I called, “Uki, the cab’s here! Are you ready?”

No answer.

“Uki?” I called again.

No answer.

I quickly rushed inside to see what was going on and saw her standing at her bedroom door, still as a statue.

“Uki?” I asked quietly, coming up behind her.

Oh my goodness.

Someone completely trashed her room. Her mirrors were broken, her clothes were strewn, her makeup and accessories were all over the floor, her mattress was flipped, her sheets were everywhere. Who the hell would have done something like this?! Uki took a shuttering breath beside me and I looked down to see her crying silently. I frowned, putting my arms around her and rubbing her arms reassuringly.

“C’mon, Uki,” I said quietly. “We’ll worry about this when we get back, okay? Just think about your boys. You’re gonna be able to see your boys again.”

She silently nodded, her lower lip still quivering as her tears kept falling. She slowly walked out of my embrace and went to retrieve her suitcases and duffels still intact in the middle of her room. Then her eyes fell on a pile of shattered wood and glass and she started crying harder.

Her music box.

I frowned again and went up to her, turning her away from the sight of her shattered music box. I grabbed three of her suitcases and threw her duffels over my shoulder, giving her a slight nudge. “C’mon, Uki, everything will be okay. Just think about your boys, alright? They’re excited to see you. You can’t let whoever did this get to you like this.”

She just absently nodded, a faraway look in her eyes, as she slowly walked forward, rolling her lone suitcase. I let out a breath of frustration, looking at the damage. Who the hell would have stooped so low as to trash someone’s room like this? Was it a complete stranger who had done this simply because they felt like it, or had Uki made some unknown enemies on campus? I knew that she and Brittane never got along very well, but Brittane respected Uki. She knew better than to mess with her. She couldn’t have done this. I shook my head and grabbed her suitcases, shutting her door behind me. Whoever did this was a filthy bastard who had nothing better to do than to mess with others and enjoy their pain and sadness.

Uki’s POV~

I sat in the back of the taxi, feeling so angry that I’d gone numb. I couldn’t will myself to speak, I couldn’t will myself to scream, I couldn’t will myself to yell. I was just pissed.

My left hand tightened around the scrap of paper I had in my hand.

You think you can get away with this, huh? You think that I won’t raise hell when I come back? Whoever the you are, you just wait. I will make your life hell for ever thinking you could mess with someone like me and actually expect to get away with it. I kept my gaze out the window as James climbed in, telling the driver to head to the airport. As the taxi started moving forward, my anger became more numbing. I could literally almost feel my entire body shutting down in the intense fury and rage I felt.

I felt the note being crushed in my death grip once more as I replayed the neatly written words over in my mind again:

“You think you can get away with ruining my life like you had? Well, two can play at that game, Miss Choi. You ruined my life, so now I’m ruining yours. Your room and precious music box was just the beginning, a little sneak peek at what’s next to come. You took away the one thing that was mine, and I will make you pay dearly for it.

“P.S. I’ll be anticipating our meeting in Seoul. See you there~”

I inwardly smirked. You think I care? Show your sorry face in Seoul, we’ll see what happens then. I am not one to go down without a fight, so go ‘head and show up.

I’ll be waiting for our meeting as well, whoever the hell you are.

 

Again, sorry for updating so slowly. I'm at sucha writer's block right now that it's pretty ridiculous. ><"

Lol.

Oh, and I just wanted to say one thing. For some reason, there are some ppl out there who think that Uki is sujudork's character? Alex is sujurdork's character, but Uki is my original character. I made her up and she was originally mine. Lol. I just wanted to clear up any confusion out there 'cause there was more than one person asking to use my story as a sub-plot for theirs and they wanted to use Uki as well, but they thought that she was sujudork's character so they were going to her to ask for permission for Uki. Lol. I don't mind you using Uki, just please ask first, credit me, and stick true to her character(:

Kekeke~ Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter!