Long Time No See~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Uki?! A fangirl?! Uki?! Our Uki?! A fangirl?!

“Yah! Why is that so hard to believe?!”

“Because, you’re… You’re… Uki!

“Lee Sungmin! Might you forget that I actually do listen to other bands that aren’t Super Junior? Take Big Bang for example.”

“Yeah, but that’s different. You’re inclined to like them ‘cause you’ve known them for forever. But I didn’t actually think that you’re a true fangirl.

“Well, believe it.”

“So… Who are you a fangirl of?”

I rolled my eyes when Donghae nonchalantly joined into the hour-long conversation I’d been having with Sungmin on our way to the rehearsal for the benefit concert—like I hadn’t had enough of these stupid things. Sheesh!—acting as though he didn’t care what the answer was. But I could see it plainly written all over his face that he was truly interested in what I had to say. Hmm… How should I go about this? I couldn’t very well tell him that I’d definitely bang Beast and MBLAQ if I ever met them. Sound a little weird to you? Yeah, right. I know you fangirls out there say some worse things than that. ;D

“Truthfully? Huge fan of MBLAQ and Beast,” I replied, thinking of which other bands I liked.

“You don’t like SHINee? Or DBSK?” Siwon asked, giving me a look through the rearview mirror.

At the mention of the word ‘DBSK’, Alex immediately gasped loudly, giving me a wide-eyed look. “Not like DBSK?! What kinda monster are you?!”

“Aish. I never said I don’t like DBSK. It’s just… They’re with SM. And ever since the whole ordeal way back when and working with so many of the SM groups and whatnot, I kinda got sick and tired of them. No longer worth my fangirling, ya’ know? Whenever you see a group on a daily basis, it’s not the same. Same thing happened with YG. Became good friends with 2NE1, so no need to go crazy over them, and definitely no need to go crazy over Big Bang. So basically, everybody I worked with no longer was worth fangirling over,” I responded logically.

“Good. As long as you stay away from my Yunho,” Alex responded, crossing her arms huffily at me.

I chuckled. “Yunho’s like my other big brother. There was this one time, I was so outta my mind drunk that he had to come and pick me up. Crazy party, but I got hella ed up the next morning.”

“Watch your language!” Siwon exclaimed.

“Aish, sorry. I dunno what’s been happening to me lately. The barrier that usually filters my language seems to be broken at the moment,” I responded, shaking my head slightly.

“Bad news, Uki. MBLAQ can’t make it to the rehearsals after all. Mir came down with the flu,” Eunhyuk suddenly said, going through his phone with an intent look on his face.

“Aww! Not my baby Mir!” I instantly cried, pouting sadly.

“Baby? He’s… Older than you,” Sungmin said, giving me a weird look.

“But he’s still a baby! Have you seen him and his aegyo? Gah! Soooo cute!”

“Cute?!” Sungmin exclaimed, looking as though he were about to strangle me. “He couldn’t do aegyo even if his life depended on it! Hello? I’m not known as the Aegyo King for nothing.

“I dunno, oppa. Yoseob has a pretty wicked aegyo act…”

“UKI!”

“We’re here!” Alex suddenly exclaimed. She turned to Donghae, an excited look in her eyes, as she latched onto his arm and asked, “Yunho and Changmin are gonna be here, right? They are, aren’t they?”

“I’m not too sure, actually,” Donghae replied, scratching the back of his head and looking all cute and whatnot. Hey, I’m biased. So what. ^^

“Actually, I wanna see them, too. Haven’t seen them in awhile,” I said absently. I quickly grabbed Alex’s hand and said, “C’mon! Let’s go find them!”

As we were rushing out of the van, Sungmin and Siwon both yelled, “Yah! Uki, get back here!”

“Uki! We’re not done arguing about this!” Sungmin yelled as they all rushed out of the van after us.

I gave Alex a sly look and a smirk as I turned, cupping my hands around my mouth, and yelled, “Face it, Sungmin oppa! Your aegyo’s got nothin’ on Yoseob’s and Mir’s!”

“UKI!” he growled irritatingly.

Alex and I busted out laughing at how angry he looked while Donghae and Siwon kept yelling at us to slow down. We rolled our eyes as we finally slowed to a stop, waiting for them to catch up. Instantly, Sungmin busted through the group and grabbed me by the shoulders, shaking me slightly.

“What’s the matter with you?! How can you insult me like that?! I’ve worked so long to get that title and then these newbies come along and you dare say that their aegyo can even compare with mine?!” he yelled.

I laughed, knocking his arms off of me and threw my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly and resting my head against his chest which was moving up and down rapidly with his heavy, agitated breathing. “Mianhae, oppa. You know I love you the most. Even if all these newbies come along with some of the most wicked aegyo acts I’d ever seen, you’re still the best of them all.”

That seemed to console him as I felt him smile and hug me back as well. “Yeah, you better not forget that.”

“Boys! You’re finally here!” a voice suddenly exclaimed, causing me and Sungmin to break apart.

A random guy—I think he was the stage handler?—came up to us, a big grin on his face, as he said, “C’mon, c’mon. You guys are a tad late, so we had to work in SNSD’s rehearsal first, but you guys can make it now.”

“Ew. She’s here?” I asked in a disgusted tone, the look on my face matching perfectly with the tone of my voice.

“Hey. We don’t need any anti-fans here. If you’re gonna hate, get out now,” he told me, causing me to an eyebrow at the audacity of this little man.

“Excuse me? You are not going to tell me whom I can and cannot hate, do you understand me? I’m not some ‘fan’. I have the right to hate that stupid , and if you try telling me otherwise, well… Let’s just say that there’s gonna be one less—Eric is it?—one less Eric in the world,” I responded coldly.

“Uki, let’s not start fights with innocent stage handlers,” Siwon said calmly, stepping up behind me and laying a hand on my shoulder.

“Tch. Innocent. He started it,” I responded with a pout.

“What would your idols say if they saw you acting in sucha petty manner, ah?”

“Meh. I’m a fangirl, but I don’t think I’d particularly care if they made a judgment on me since they don’t really know me,” I responded flippantly, shrugging my shoulders in an uncaring fashion.

“Are you kidding me?! If Yunho thought badly of me, I’d probably break into tears and cry!” Alex suddenly exclaimed.

I chuckled. “Difference between you and me? I know Yunho, and I could care less what he has to say about me.”

“Would you be saying the same thing if Joon saw you? Or better yet, Mir, with his apparently wicked aegyo act?” Sungmin asked me, grumbling that last part slightly.

“Now that’s an entirely different story. I’d probably break down into tears if they thought badly of me as well~”

“Aish! It’s just so weird! I can’t wrap my head around you being a fangirl! I just can’t!” Eunhyuk shouted, shaking his head at me.

I rolled my eyes. “You guys are so weird. I’m a girl you know. And Beast and MBLAQ are pretty damn hot.”

“Oh, you’re a B2UTY,” the stage handler stated flatly, checking the list on his clipboard. He muttered something under his breath that sounded remotely close to, “Oh crap, they’re next to rehearse…”

I turned to Siwon with big eyes and a happy smile as I said, “Oppa, I really wanna go see them. Please?”

Siwon chuckled and threw his arm around my shoulders, hugging me close. “Ahh, my dongsaeng is so cute. When’s our turn on stage, by the way?”

“I suppose you’ll be after SNSD?” the stage handler said, lifting up one of the sheets clipped to his clipboard so he could read the page underneath. “Yeah, that works. Okay, cool! That works! Now c’mon. We gotta get you guys down for mic checks.”

“Uki, there’s a high possibility that Beast is gonna be down there rehearsing as well. Promise me you won’t die?” Siwon asked, slowly walking after everyone else while giving me a stern look.

“Can’t promise you anything. Sorry, oppa,” I responded with a cheeky smile. “Besides, it’s not as if I’m totally crazy. I’ve still got self control~”

“Hey, Uki, look,” Eunhyuk said, suddenly grabbing my arm and pushing me to the front of everybody.

I was confused for a moment. By now, we were all near the stage, standing a little off to the right and staring up at the massive stage. Gosh, this stadium is freaking massive! How many freaking seats are there?! There seems to be close to a hundred thousand! I shook my head slightly, confused on how in the world all the groups jumped up on that stage in front of all those people willingly, without wetting their pants in the process. I probably would have! As crazy of a fear as it seems, with me being me and all, I’m terrified of public speaking. I’m just so scared I’d go up there and make a total and complete fool of myself. Pulling myself away from my own thoughts, I turned and looked at Eunhyuk with a confused expression on my face.

“What am I looking at exactly?” I asked.

“Turn and look,” he simply commanded, grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me around on my heels to face the stage once more.

I looked up on the stage and saw SNSD walking off, Jessica still sporting that black eye—hehehe~—while someone else was walking up. Who in the world was that? I can’t see his face!

“Testing, testing? Can you hear me?” he said into the microphone in his hand.

I heard someone backstage yell, “Yep! Sounds good! Try the headset next!”

The guy brought a hand up to his headset, fiddling with the switches for a moment, before he said, “Testing, testing? Can you hear me?”

“Nope! Try again! Sing something!” the same voice from backstage yelled.

“Every day I shock, shock! Every night I shock—”

“Alright, yeah, sounds good!” the voice from backstage interrupted.

Then it hit me.

It totally and completely hit me!

No wonder I recognized that voice! No wonder I recognized that figure! No wonder I recognized him!

I suddenly broke into a sprint onstage, screaming at the top of my lungs as I threw my arms tightly around his neck, “HYUNSEUNG OPPA!”

“Oof!” I heard as I hugged him tightly and buried my face in his shoulder, already feeling the tears beginning to well up. It’s just been so freaking long! “Excuse me, but who—”

“Oppa, look at me! Look at me right this instant!” I interrupted, pulling back and looking him full in the face, the tears beginning to fall slightly. “Look at me and tell me you recognize me this instant!”

He paused for a second and I could practically see the gears turning in his head as he fought with himself to remember. “I’m sorry, but fans aren’t supposed to—”

“JANG HYUNSEUNG! YOU TELL ME WHO I AM THIS INSTANT!” I impatiently interrupted, crying harder when I realized that he seriously didn’t remember who I was. I can’t believe this! After all we’ve been through together. After all that’s happened! He forgot who I was! I could tell that he was starting to get freaked out by me, so I quickly said, “Hyunseung, look at me. Look me in the eyes, and tell me that you legitimately don’t remember me, and I swear to you I will leave you alone. Just look me in the eyes and tell me.”

Hyunseung’s POV~

Who the eff is this chick?! She randomly comes up and hugs me and tries to get me to tell her that I remember her? I honestly have no idea who she is! She’s sooo weird. Man. The B2UTY’s these days just keep getting weirder and weirder…

I was starting to slowly back away from her, when she suddenly said, “Hyunseung, look at me. Look me in the eyes, and tell me that you legitimately don’t remember me, and I swear to you I will leave you alone. Just look me in the eyes and tell me.”

Aish, she just never gives up! I mean, I honestly did try to see if I remember ever meeting her whether it be from a random meeting or a freak accident. Something so I wouldn’t look like an idiot in front of her! But…I’m completely drawing a blank! I sighed impatiently, looking her in the eyes, and just as I was about to tell her that I didn’t know who the hell she was, I stopped, the words stuck in my throat.

Those eyes…

I blinked for a moment, unable to tear my sight away from them. They look so familiar! But no, it can’t be! It can’t be her…! Can it? No way. She left. She left ages ago. She’s long gone, Hyunseung. After you completely and utterly failed the first time around at this idol business, she stopped caring and left. That’s all there is to it and there’s no way that she’s back all of a sudden. But those eyes! Those eyes can’t belong to anybody else! Those light green eyes with random gold specks. Nobody else can have eyes like that! It’s impossible!

After staring into her eyes for a few minutes with an intent look on my face, it all finally clicked.

It’s her…

“Uki?” I whispered quietly.

She smiled widely at me, nodding her head while her tears fell faster and harder. “Oppa!”

She threw her arms around my neck again, but this time, I immediately hugged her back, pulling her close and allowing her to cry into my shoulder. I can’t believe this. I seriously can’t believe that I’m getting to see her again after all these years! I started laughing, laughing so hard that this was the way we ended up meeting again. And then next thing I knew, I heard people whispering, but I didn’t care. I’m actually pretty sure that it was the Super Junior hyungs saying some stuff, but again, I didn’t care.

“How does Uki know Hyunseung? I thought she said she never worked with anybody else,” I heard one of them mutter.

“I’m not too sure,” someone else answered quietly.

“Hello~ She worked with Big Bang, you idiots,” a girl’s voice said.

I felt her laughing into my shoulder, through her tears, as she quietly murmured, “I love Alex~”

I laughed, pulling her to arms’ length as I studied her face for a moment. My god, she’s beautiful! She’s so…So…So grown up! I mean, what happened to my adorable, innocent little Uki?! What happened to her?! She’s been replaced by this insanely grown up woman. And she’s crying! Uki never cries! I couldn’t fight back the smile as I wiped her tears away with my thumb and quickly pulled her back into another, tight hug. She kept crying, though, although I’m not too sure why. It’s just me after all. Nothing to get worked up over, right?

“Gosh, I can’t believe it’s really you!” she exclaimed, pulling herself out of the hug and wiping away her tears while laughing slightly. “Man, I feel like a fool for crying like this.”

“No, don’t,” I said, giving her a reassuring smile. “It’s been almost five years after all. I think you have the right to cry all you want.”

She chuckled slightly, shaking her head slowly at me as she finally calmed down with the crying. “Goodness, I can’t believe this! I mean… Look at you! You’re all… Hot and whatnot!”

I laughed at her bluntness. Gosh, I’ve missed Uki! “Look at yourself! You’re all grown up now! Last time I saw you, you were this tiny, fourteen-year-old girl. And now? Now you’re a fully grown, nineteen-year-old young woman! What happened while I was gone?!”

She laughed, rolling her eyes at me. “It has been five years after all. People do tend to change within a time span like that.”

“Aish. You’re still the smartass I remember you to be.” She gave me a look, both of us staring at each other with no emotion on our face whatsoever, until we both began grinning at each other. Soon enough, we were laughing and I had her in my arms in another hug. “Gosh, I’ve missed you so much, Uki. I can’t believe it’s been so long!”

She laughed and nodded, her hair brushing against my cheek as she did so. “I know! Aish. It seriously seems just like yesterday that we were all together…”

“Yeah, well…Times change. The only thing anybody can ever do about it is to just change along with it,” I murmured.

She nodded and pulled herself away from me when someone was clearing behind her. While she turned to see who it was, I merely had to look over her head to see all of Super Junior—and some random girl? o.o—standing there with questioning looks on their faces. Uki simply smiled, keeping one of her arms around my waist, as she proudly said, “Guys, this is Jang Hyunseung, one of my closest friends out there. I freaking love this guy to death and it just totally slipped my mind that he was a part of Beast! I totally didn’t expect to see you here today!”

I laughed, rolling my eyes at her forgetfulness. “Didn’t anybody tell you that Beast was gonna be here?”

“Only fifty million times before we got here. But it completely slipped my mind that you were one of their members! Aish. How could I forget something like that?! Yah. Bapo, Uki, bapo,” she lightly chastised herself.

“So lemme get this straight,” Donghae said, blinking at us in confusion while I could practically see the gears turning in his head as he tried his hardest to piece everything together. “She knows you because of the work she did with YG?

“Yessir,” I responded, nodding slightly to emphasize my words.

“Uki, how in the world can you forget that one of your closest friends is a member of one of your favorite bands?” the girl asked, shaking her head slightly.

“I don’t know! I can’t believe that completely slipped my mind, though…” Uki responded absently, a pondering look on her face.

However, I only heard one part of that sentence: “Favorite bands? Beast is one of your favorite bands?”

She chuckled quietly, nodding her head with a slight smile on her face. “Beast is my bias, actually.”

“Aww, Uki, that’s so cute!” I exclaimed, giving her another hug.

She laughed, struggling to break my hold on her, as she yelled, “Yah, oppa! Let go, I can’t breathe!”

I pouted at her when she elbowed me in the ribs and managed to slip free. She simply smirked, sticking her tongue out at me. Aish. Immature little girl. “So tell me, Uki. Who’s your bias outta all of us?”

“My bias? Well, it’s actually—”

“Um, miss, you’ve got some—”

“OH MY GOD, YOU’RE—D-D-D… Doo—Dooj—j-j—”

I blinked for a moment, staring confusedly at Uki legitimately fainting into the shocked arms of Eunhyuk. Did Uki just…?

“So I guess we just found out who her bias is,” Donghae said, scratching the back of his neck in a confused manner.

“I was just gonna tell her she had something in her hair,” Doojoon said innocently, reaching forward and pulling a leaf out of Uki’s hair.

“Is that how I acted when I first met Yunho?” the other girl standing with us asked.

“I think you acted worse. I’m pretty sure you fainted, like…Twice?” Henry said.

She pouted and stuck her tongue out at him, crossing her arms like a child throwing a tantrum. “I can’t help it. He’s been my bias since forever.”

“Hyung, you didn’t even getta chance introduce yourself. And you make her faint,” I said, checking to see if Uki was still alive or not.

Doojoon smiled innocently, shrugging his shoulders in a laughing manner. “I can’t help it if all the girls fall for me. I’m…Me after all.”

“Yah! You stay away from this one. She’s mine,” Donghae said immediately, grabbing Uki from Eunhyuk’s arms and hoisting her up into his own arms bridal style.

“Aww, darn. Just as I was thinking she was cute, too” Doojoon responded, doing the whole snapping his fingers with a disappointed look on his face spiel. He and just about everybody else busted out laughing at the horrified expression Donghae gave him. “Don’t worry, hyung. I won’t try anything. I don’t even know her, so you’re safe… For now at least.”

“Yah!”

“Should someone wake Uki up? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure her phone is ringing,” the girl said.

Okay, this is bugging me.

“Um, if you don’t mind me asking… Who are you?” I asked, looking at the girl.

She blinked for a moment before she smiled and said, “Alex Lee. I’m Donghae’s little sister.”

“Bwoh? You have a little sister? Since when?” Doojoon asked, giving Donghae a questioning look.

“Since twenty years ago?” Donghae replied curtly, reaching for Uki’s phone. Flipping it open, he calmly answered, “Yebeoseyo?”

Well, it was obvious that he still hasn’t forgiven Doojoon for the whole “stealing Uki away” thing. xD

“Oh, hey… Um yeah, but she’s kinda passed out at the moment… Why? Because she met Beast… Yeah, I know that’s what I said, too… Arasso, we’ll see you here then. And be expecting a surprise~”

“Who was that…?” Alex asked, giving her brother—still a weird concept for me!—a slightly suspicious glance.

“Seungri. He said that he has… Uki’s… baby…WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! UKI! UKI SEOHAE CHOI, YOU WAKE UP THIS INSTANT! UKI!” Donghae started screaming, shaking Uki slightly in his arms, but what he said earlier had me totally and completely zoned out.

Seungri…?

Big Bang…?

Oh dear lord.

 

Arasso. So a lot of you have been asking me what's gonna happen and what's going on with the site. First things first?

The site is ing corrupt. That's all there is to it. Certain authors are cheating to get their stories featured and whatnot while other authors such as myself are literally busting our ASSES off to get ours even NOTICED. And quite frankly? I'm sick and tired of it. It's a bunch of bull and I'm no longer putting up with it.

Secondly, I have ultimately come to a decision: I will be finishing off Uki's story before I leave, with no rushing on the ending or any of the sort.

Yeah, I know. It's just, I'd feel WAY too damn horrible if I left without letting you guys properly know how Uki's story ends, and you guys have been too damn faithful to me to just simply do that. And quite honestly? I'd miss you all too dang much if I just upped and left like I had WANTED to in the beginning. It was a good thing I sat down and throughly thought things through before I acted so rashly about something. Otherwise, I honestly have no clue WHAT would have happened with Uki. ><"

Oh yes. And I'm sorry it took me so dang long to update this stupid chapter. I kept getting distracted whenever I'd try sitting down to write. *Cough* MusicChibi *Cough* ;D

Also, I got ones on both my solo and ensemble! Not too bad for only having two days to prepare everything. ^^

And another thing before I go. I seriously just wanna take a moment to thank you all soooooo much for the concern and love I've been seeing and experiencing these past couple days. To see you all so genuinely concerned about the future of this fanfic seriously means more to me than you guys will ever know, and it totally influenced my decision to stay and finish this story, for the better I believe(: I really beleive that I have some of the BEST damn readers in the entire flippin' world and I am SO thankful to you guys. This story wouldn't even be remotely close to where it's at right now without you guys<3

Any who, now that this ridiculously long author's note is over and done with, what with all it's mushy, gushy nonsense, let's get to more important matters, shall we?

DOOJOON AND HYUNSEUNG = EPIC WIN IN THAT PICTURE<3

Sorry for those expecting MBLAQ. They'll be making a bigger appearance later. ;D

Alrightyy, I think that's all I have to say.

S A R A N G H A E~

And thank you SO much, from the bottom of my heart, for being here for both me and Uki since the very beginning and during the time when we both needed you most. I freaking love every single one of you(: