Poison~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Oh, well, hello there everybody(x

Leeteuk’s POV~

“Wellshhhh…”

I waited patiently, watching as she slowly straightened herself, staring at me through her half-lidded eyes.

“Waaaaaait a minuteee. Whyyyou wannaknow ferr?” she asked,—at least I think that’s what she said—narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

“Because oppa is playing detective and you’re going to help me, arasso?” I told her in a voice that I probably would have used while trying to coax a five-year-old into doing something they didn’t want to.

“Ummmmm…” She tapped her chin, staring at me in her drunken state with a thoughtful expression on her face. “Arassssssoo, opppppaaaaa!”

I smirked slightly.

Seriously like taking candy from a baby.

“Arasso, now tell me. Why are you back together with Donghae again?” I repeated, continuing to give her an intense look.

“Becaushhhhh. I luuuuuub him, opaaaaa!”

My lips curled in disgust. “You’re nineteen. Whatta you know about love?”

She smiled, a faraway look entering her eyes, as she began messing with her empty shot glass once more. “I knoww that I shmilee errrtime I sheeee him. And errrtime I think about him, I shmilee. I just shmilee errrtime he’s aroundddd meee. Don’tchu undershstandd, oppaaaa?”

I found myself unconsciously gritting my teeth while my grip on the tiny shot glass began tightening slightly. I quickly let go, not wanting to break the tiny glass, as I straightened myself, leaning forward on my elbows and resting my chin on my fists. She looked at me with that childish look still on her face, completely contradicted by the grownup clothes and makeup she was wearing. Seriously, just take all that stuff off her, put her in some pigtails, and I’m willing to bet my life that she’ll look like a twelve-year-old. Well, except for a certain part of her anatomy that’s a bit more…Developed than other parts so to speak. >///<

“O-okay,” I stammered, clearing my throat slightly. “Why did you take him back? This is the second time he’s cheated on you.”

“Cheateed? I donnnundershtand,” she said, a puzzled look on her face.

I sighed impatiently.

Calm down, Teuk. She’s drunk. You can’t help it that she’s drunk. Just let her answer and you’ll get the truth no matter what.

“Whatta you mean?” I asked, giving her a questioning look.

It was hard for me to fully understand all the words that were coming out of , but after about fifteen minutes of her drunkenly explaining things to me, I finally managed to get the gist of it. So Donghae hadn’t cheated. Jessica had blackmailed him. Donghae was faithful all this time. That’s why she had so willingly taken him back. Urgh. This complicates things a little.

Hmm…

“Uki, would you say that you love Donghae?” I asked, staring at her with a concentrated look on my face.

“N-neh,” she stammered, looking at me with a confused expression etched in her features. “Wae?”

“You’re sure that you love him?”

“Oppppaaaaa, what’reyou playing at?” Her drunken expression turned suspicious as she slightly narrowed her eyes at me, keeping the fingers of her right hand wrapped tightly around her still-empty shot glass.

My right hand reached out and cupped her chin, bringing her face closer to mine. She blinked at me for a moment, her expression one of confused innocence.

“Uki, don’t you know how much I love you?” I asked her softly, my lips brushing slightly against hers.

She continued to blink at me before a small smile spread across her lips. “Well of curshe, oppaaa. I luuuuuub you, too.”

“What?!”

I was so shocked, I literally threw her away from me, causing her to fall backward in her chair and crash to the floor. I heard her and groaning in pain while she was trying and failing to stand up. None of this registered with me, however, as I stared wide-eyed at the table top. My jaw was literally on the floor as I stood rooted to the spot, my chair thrown backward when I had quickly stood up.

She loves me?!

“Opppaaaa!~” she whined, finally managing to stand up as her knees wobbled a bit. She gripped the edge of the table for dear life, trying with all her might to steady herself. I looked at her to see her glaring at me with her dilated pupils and hazy expression. “Wassat ferr?!”

“S-sorry!” I stuttered, still unwilling to believe her words from earlier. “D-did you just say that you l…Love me?”

“Aishh. Oppaaaaaa, of curshe I luuuuuub youuu~ Yerr juss like my big brudder!”

I froze.

Did she just say…?

At that point, I don’t know what came over me. I launched forward, grabbing her by the arms and slamming her against the wall. She gasped, her eyes widening as I lifted her off the ground so she was at eye-level with me. She began kicking her legs and trying to break my grasps on her wrists, but I held on tight until she stilled and stared at me, looking as though she were about to cry.

“T-Teukiee, l-let go! Th-that hurtss!” she stammered.

I couldn’t even respond from how hard I was grinding my teeth.

After all I’d done for her.

After all I’d given her.

After all I’d confessed to her.

She still chose Donghae over me?!

“Why?!” I shouted, leaning my face toward hers so our noses were almost touching.

“W-why what?!” she stammered, her eyes holding a pouty look.

I willed myself not to give in as I continued shouting, “Why would you choose Donghae over me?! All he’s ever done is hurt you! I’ve been there for you since the beginning! I’ve always had the best in mind for you and you’re sitting here telling me that you still choose Donghae over me?! Why?!”

“O-oppaaaa!” she shouted, crying now. “St-stop itt! Y-yerr scaring me!”

I growled in anger, causing her to let out a little squeak. Blinded by my anger and frustration caused by this ridiculous little girl, I didn’t have time to catch myself before my lips crashed against hers. Her eyes widened as she began thrashing her head back and forth, only causing me to tighten my grips on her wrists. She needed to realize that Donghae was not the right guy for her. He just wasn’t! Why is it that she can’t open her eyes to see that?!

“MMMMMFFFF!” she protested loudly, but I didn’t respond.

I had totally and completely lost myself in the kiss. She continued to try and protest against me, but let’s face it. In her drunken state, I could easily overpower her, which didn’t really leave any room for her to be able to fight against me. I could literally feel her hot breath blanketed heavily with the smell of Vodka as she still continued to struggle against me. I finally let her go, causing her to fall the six inches or so to the ground. I blinked at her crumpled and crying form, reality finally beginning to set in on me.

What in the world did I just do?

“U-Uki—”

“No!” she screamed harshly, jerking her body away from my touch. She looked up at me, a blazing anger burning furiously in her normally kind eyes. “What giives you the riightt to kisshh me like thatt?”

“I…I…”

“I…I hate youu, Park Jungsu.”

My eyes widened as I staggered backward away from her.

She just…

She hoisted herself off the ground, standing on wobbling knees. Stumbling along toward the table, she grabbed her purse and began walking toward the door, leaving me standing and staring regretfully after her.

I guess Donghae really is the better guy for her.

She stood in front of the door for a moment, her hand paused on the handle. I sighed heavily, standing and pulling my wallet out. I pulled out a couple hundreds and laid them on the table top, keeping my promise of paying the waiter extra for the bottles filled with water. I decided that I was going to let Uki leave before me since she was so upset at the moment, so I busied myself with stacking the empty plates and lining up the empty bottles of Vodka. The silence in the room was unbearable and it took all my willpower not to turn around to look at Uki who had stayed silent for the past…How long has it been now? Five minutes? Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes?

“Look, Uki,” I began awkwardly, not even sure if she were still standing behind me or not. “I—I’m sorry about what happened, okay? I honestly don’t know what came over me. It’s just…I felt so…so…So upset that you continue to choose Donghae over me despite how many times Donghae had hurt you and wronged you. Uki…You don’t even know just how much I love you and I’m sorry. I just really hope that you can somehow find a way to forgive me. I know you probably won’t, but—”

I turned so I would be able to say this next part to her face, but the sight of her terrified form stopped me. Uki was facing me, one of her hands fisted tightly around the back of one of the chairs. Her eyes were wide, her face pale, drained of any and all color. I could see her chest rising and falling rapidly as her breaths began coming in short and choppy pants. Her other hand was clutching at her chest as she continued to stare at me.

“Uki? Are you okay?” I asked, taking a tiny step toward her.

“T-Teukie~” she responded in a breathy whisper before her eyes rolled back and she suddenly collapsed to the floor.

“Uki!” I shouted, rushing forward immediately. I lowered my head toward , trying to hear if she were breathing or not.

She wasn’t.

“Somebody, help! Call the ambulance! Call the police! Call somebody!” I shouted, not sure of what exactly I should be doing.

I stared at Uki’s still form helplessly lying in my arms as a hidden door suddenly slid open, four or five workers from the back including the waiter from tonight rushing in. They immediately got to work, pushing me out of the way and tending to her while someone else was already on the phone with 911. I sat there, staring wide-eyed as two of the waiters began giving her CPR in a failed attempt to get her to breathe again. What in the world happened?! One minute, she was just fine and the next…

It was then that my eyes flickered toward the many empty bottles of Vodka lined up on the table finished solely by Uki.

“Alcohol poisoning,” I whispered quietly to myself as I heard the door leading to the rest of the club slide open to reveal paramedics with bags of equipment and a gurney rolling in after them.

They immediately set forth to tend to Uki, someone placing an oxygen mask on her face as they lifted her and strapped her to the gurney. The paramedics were asking the workers questions about what had happened, but none of them had any answers to give. The paramedics then turned to me, asking if I were the one who came here with Uki. I numbly nodded, not quite registering everything that was happening around me. One of them helped me stand up, telling me to ride in the ambulance with them to the hospital. Again, I numbly nodded, listlessly following the gurney being rolled toward the entrance of the club. Everyone in the club had stopped what they were doing, more immersed with the raucous commotion that was happening than dancing and drinking like they were before. The lively, upbeat music of the club blaring through the speakers and beating straight through my chest contradicted greatly with the somber and serious event that was happening now.

As I followed silently behind them, unaware of my surroundings, I felt those two words replaying over and over again in my mind.

Alcohol poisoning…

 

Lol. Okay, so first things first. I'm sorry I left you guys for so long, but I was gone for Colorado for almost a week! Lol. The internet connection up there so I couldn't quite update. :3

Btw, we totally swept the competition and came back with five trophies including the grand champion of the entire thing out of over 60 schools! I say not too shabby seeing as how we headed straight to the stage after 18 hours on a bus and 4 hours sleeping in a parking lot. Yes, we orchestra kids are pretty crazy. ;D

Any who, I've been getting some questions regarding why the updates are coming so slowly. Truth be told, I'm starting to lose a little faith in this thing. It just seems to me that I don't have as many supporters as I did from the first story. I have 189 subscribers yet only get 5-8 comments per chapter? Does that even seem logical to you all? This doesn't mean that I'm not gonna update if I don't get any comments,--because that would just be rude to those who do comment and fully support me--it just simply means that it'll take a little longer for me to update. Reading all your guys' thoughts and opinions is actually what drives this story. Although some of you may not be able to realize it, I do incorporate some of your suggestions into what happens in the story and if I get no suggestions or feedback, this leaves me to do all the thinking by myself, hence why it takes me so long to write and update.

With the first story, I'd get so many comments, even if it's just telling me how much they like it or how much they support it. This was why I updated almost 4-5 times a day. Seriously, you have no idea how much these kinds of comments affect authors. Comments such as these motivate authors to write more and write faster.

Basically, I've lost quite a bit of faith in this story and I think I've lost nearly all my motivation and drive to continue writing.

It's probably just a phase I'm going through and I'll probably get over it soon, but I just wanted to let you all be aware of what's happening right now. I don't wanna sound like some whiny little brat, but this is truly what's going on right now, and I assure you all that I'm not the only author who feels this way.

Anyway, thanks to all that do support me and show me what they truly think about this. You guys are what makes it worth writing this story(:

Love you all!~ <3