Truth~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

The truth is revealed! ^^ Happy reading!~

Uki’s POV~

I sat on the cold concrete roof with my back turned to Donghae, not daring to look at his face while he told his story in fear of forgiving him no matter what came outta his mouth. I needed to know what happened and I didn’t need my stupid biased mind to be any more confused and tormented by the sight of his irresistible face while he was trying to convince me that he didn’t cheat on me, which at this point, is going to be a very tough task. I heard him sighing behind me as I shut my eyes tightly and bit my lip, fighting the urge to turn around and look at him.

“Arasso. Here’s what happened,” he said slowly. “It was all a publicity stunt.”

“WHAT?!” I shrieked, instantly shooting up and facing him despite my promise I’d made to myself just moments ago.

He laughed nervously, holding his hands up as if defending himself from the punch my clenched fists were itching the throw. “Now, now, lemme explain before you get all pissed, arasso?”

“I think it’s a little too late for that,” I grumbled, plopping myself back down with my arms crossed angrily over my chest. I glared at Donghae for a moment before I nodded for him to continue.

He took a deep breath before saying, “It started right after you left. Manager hyung and some publicity reps from SM thought it would boost some popularity and create some hype for the upcoming comeback Super Junior M was about to have. They mainly thought we needed it because there was alotta bad tastes left in peoples’ mouths after Hangeng left and we didn’t want any further bashing to happen, especially since Sungmin and Eunhyuk were gonna be with us, too. So they devised the plan of Jessica and I. Nothing big or anything. It was mainly to show the fans that she and I had made up and there wasn’t any bad blood left between the idols of SM. But she took the little project a little too seriously. I had to constantly remind her that I was still dating you and if she didn’t stop with acting the way she was acting, you would seriously fly out from Cambridge just to beat the crap outta her—” I smirked at this comment “—but she didn’t take any of my threats to heart. She continued to act all couple-y and the paparazzi and media began getting a little suspicious, asking a lot more questions, which none of us never answered.

“But after about half a month of it, I couldn’t take it anymore. I was seriously beginning to go insane having to pretend to get along with her and it was making me sad that I was deceiving my little Fishies like that, so I went straight to manager hyung and the reps and told them I was done. They did alotta screaming, alotta yelling, alotta convincing, but I eventually got them to shut up the moment I mentioned you as a threat—” I smirked once more “—and they finally agreed that they wouldn’t force me to go through with it any longer. They told Jessica, but the little leech wouldn’t let go. So a little later, she asked me to go out to eat, so she’d be able to apologize and make things right. Me, being the nice and gullible idiot that I am, agreed. She brought me to a bar, got me drunk, and…Well…Some other things happened…”

“YOU SLEPT WITH HER?!” I shrieked, shooting up once more.

“No, no, it’s not like that!” he immediately exclaimed defensively, also shooting up and gently taking hold of my arms. “Please, Uki, let me explain, okay? If you still hate me by the end of it, then I give you full permission to blow up on me all you want. Just please, give me the chance to explain first.”

I grinded my teeth at the disgusting prospect of that She-Devil sleeping with m—Donghae. Letting out an angry breath, I slowly nodded, both of us sitting down once more. He took a deep breath, running a hand through his unkempt hair.

“So anyway, she got some stuff on me and ended up blackmailing me,” he continued. My fists clenched and I felt my nails digging uncomfortably into the flesh of my shaking palms. Just the thought of that She-Devil blackmailing m—Donghae seriously made me wanna punch something. Her face seemed like the perfect target, don’t you agree?(:< “She videoed some stuff that would have looked very wrong and could’ve been very easily misconstrued if it were to have leaked to the public. I didn’t want anyone to see it and get the wrong idea and start thinking that I was cheating on you—which I totally wasn’t!—so I continued the act of getting along with her to make sure the video stayed in her clutches and only her clutches. I didn’t want anyone else getting a hold of it. Ugh. It was a disgusting video and I pray to God every night that he’ll have mercy and send some lightning bolt down to destroy the damned thing. So far, I haven’t had such luck.”

“Wait a minute,” I said. His words just weren’t quite clicking with me yet. There were so many gaps and it was driving me insane! “What did she want in return of keeping everything quiet? Just keeping up the façade of you two getting along?”

“Mhm,” he said, nodding slightly. “Of course, knowing her, she kept trying to talk me into breaking up with you ‘cause she and I were just the ‘perfect couple’ and whatnot. I respect her somewhat for never using that video as a tool to get me to break up with you, but what she was making me do was almost just as bad. Basically, she liked the idea of us getting along ‘cause she said that it enabled her to imagine that we were back together as a couple. She said she liked the memories it brought her even if all I talked about was you when I was with her.”

“Um…Can you say psychotic?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

He chuckled slightly and I forced myself to look away from his adorable smile as he nodded. “Tell me about it, right?”

When he stopped talking, I looked back to him.

That can’t be it.

Not all of it at least.

“That can’t be the full story,” I said, blinking at him.

He took a deep breath, shaking his head slightly. “Unfortunately, it’s not. I lied to you.”

Remember that knife that I said Donghae was capable of driving all the way in and killing me with?

I think those four words just did it.

“Although I’m not guilty of cheating on you, I am guilty of lying to you,” he began. All these words. I could seriously feel my heart ripping bit by bit in my constricting chest as the tears began welling up in my eyes. I furiously blinked them away, refusing to cry until he was done fully explaining himself. “That day that you couldn’t reach me on the phone…I was purposefully not answering. I couldn’t endanger you like that. You see…I found one of the notes that creep left for you, except this one…This one was written to me. It told me that I needed to leave for the day or else you would get hurt. At first, I thought it was just some creepy and cruel joke one of the guys was playing on me, but I found more and more notes and that’s when I realized that it wasn’t a joke. It was real.

“I really wanted to tell you about it, to warn you about everything, but one of them thought ahead and told me that if I did so, I’d wake up to your lifeless body the next morning. I didn’t know if it were real or fake, but I didn’t wanna take the chance, so I listened. I listened and left for the day, not answering to any of your calls or texts because the notes told me not to. Even saying it aloud, I feel like an idiot, for being scared of silly Post-It Notes, but the prospect of losing you, real or not, was a chance I wasn’t willing to take. I panicked when I came home and saw you so devastated and worried, so I stuck to the story of my friends coming into town. I couldn’t tell you the truth, no matter how much I wanted to. I’m really sorry, Uki, but believe me, if there was anything else that I could’ve done, I would’ve done so in a heartbeat. I hated lying to you. It made me feel like a filthy and undeserving boyfriend, but I had to make sure you were safe. I had to make sure that I was doing my job of protecting you.”

I sat still for a moment, unsure of what to say. He lied…To protect me? So all this , all this lying, all this crying, all this heartbreaking all points back to…

“That sick bastard,” I cursed under my breath.

Whoever in the hell this person was, they were the cause of all this mess! Donghae and I nearly killed ourselves over the that person caused! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

“Uki…?” Donghae asked me timidly.

“Yes?” I responded in a calm voice that was contradicted by my angrily trembling body.

“There’s more…”

I let a cold and sarcastic laugh escape my lips as I looked up at him. “Of course there’s more. There’s always more!”

He swallowed hard before continuing with, “That day that I left with my ‘friends’…I actually went to see Jessica.”

“YOU WHAT?!” I shrieked, shooting up once more. I began pacing around, breathing hard from the anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach, threatening to burst and bring all of Seoul into a cold and dark Hell. HE WENT TO SEE JESSICA?! AFTER HE HAD THE NERVE TO LIE TO ME?! AGHHHHHHHHHH.

“You don’t understand!” he exclaimed, also standing up swiftly. “I went to go see her to tell her that enough was enough. I was sick and tired of living under a shadow of fear caused by her, so I told her that if she was gonna release the video to do so already and just be done with it! I decided I would deal with the consequences of it later, but I was tired of not being able to tell you the truth about everything. It was seriously killing me inside to know that I couldn’t be entirely truthful in our relationship and I was willing to endure public hatred and humiliation that video would have caused in order to be able to tell you everything. I loved you too much to continue doing all this to you, and to have that creepy psychopath stalking you while everything else was going on, I was about to go insane! Please Uki, you gotta understand. I’m telling you the truth and the whole truth and may God strike me down right where I stand if I’m not.”

I was secretly waiting for a lightning bolt to strike down the moment those last few words left his mouth but when nothing happened, I sighed. When did my life get so ing complicated?

“U-Uki?”

“Is that all?” I asked, raising my head to look at him. “Is that all? Is that the full story?”

He slowly nodded, pouting and looking as though he were about to cry.

“Then what about the voice mails? The text messages? What was that all about? And if the media was so into all this, how come I never caught word of any of it?!” I spat heatedly.

He frowned a bit as he said, “I’m not too sure. I think she found out that you were in town so she left those on purpose hoping that you’d maybe see and hear them. I swear to you I don’t know what she was talking about. As for the clothes thing, she was talking about my jacket I left there two days ago. And I’m not too sure how you didn’t catch word of it. It was a pretty big story among the newspapers and things over here.”

Well that’s probably why. How in the world was I gonna get access to Korean newspapers while I was studying in England? .__.

I chewed my lower lip thoughtfully, my brows creased in frustration and irritation. Well…There was only one thing left to do I suppose.

“Donghae?” I asked slowly.

“Y-yes?” he stammered.

It was time to finish things once and for all, to straighten everything out. And by God, even if I had to singlehandedly do it myself, I was going to bring this down.

And I was going to bring her down hard.

“Get Jessica on the phone and get her to come over here. Now.

 

Lol. Um...Semi-cliffhanger?(x

Kekeke~

Anyway, your comments seriously had me rolling on the floor laughing! It was just so funny how you guys were flipping out about the cliffhangers! Lol. You should know by now that I'm pretty dang famous for them, especially at really intense moments. .__. Ahh, I love you guys<3

But seriously though, I really wanna take the time to say that I really appreciate your nice comments and support. I can't even begin to express just how thankful I am for amazingly great supporters such as yourselves, especially since most of you have stuck with me since the very beginning. So Uki and I both thank you(:

Oh! And for those of you using Uki in your story, is it too much to ask for you to tag her in the tagbox please? Pwetty pwease with a cherry on top? :3

[Yes, that was my failed attempt at aegyo. ;D]

Lol. It would seriously mean a lot to me if you did 'cause it totally just hit me today that there are alotta stories using Uki and I just wanted to see how famous we could make my baby(:

I will seriously love you 'till the ends of the earth if you did!! ^^

Oh, and sorry if this was a short chapter. I just wanted a perfect place to end it for all the action about to come up. ;D

PSS. I APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU JESSICA FANS OUT THERE FOR MAKING JESSICA SEEM LIKE SOME PSYCHOTIC FREAK IN HERE. HOWEVER, I NEEDED A TURLY ANTAGONIZING PERSON AND SHE FIT THE BILL, WHICH MADE HER PERFECT FOR THE ENEMY. I DO NOT HATE JESSICA NOR DO I HATE SNSD. SHE SIMPLY FIT THE CHARACTER OF THE EVIL ENEMY WHICH IS WHY SHE'S SO CRAZY.

Kthanks(: