Somethin’ Smells Fishy~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Uki’s POV~

Okay, so I didn’t let it show earlier, but it was almost eight in the evening now and Donghae was still gone. I was seriously beginning to get freaked out! I mean, what if something bad happened to him? What if he found one of the Post-It notes that I failed to get rid of? What if he was being stupid and went out to look for whoever was writing those notes? Oh my goodness, what if my poor fishie is in trouble?! Ugh! Donghae, where are you?! I let out a breath, my eyes nervously flickering to the clock again. Alright, it is now eight in the evening, and according to the guys, he’s been out since six this morning. I’ve been trying to get a hold of him all day, but he wouldn’t answer his phone, wouldn’t text me back, and wouldn’t respond whenever the other guys were trying to reach him either. Maybe…Maybe he’s just at a business deal and can’t answer his phone.

Pfsht. If it were a business deal, I would have known about it! I always know about these things!

Aish! WHAT WAS GOING ON?!

I tried calling him once more, and again, his perky voice responded with, “Annyeong! Mianhae that I’m not here right now! Keep calling and I promise I’ll call you back as soon as I can! Love, Donghae.”

YOU LIE, LEE DONGHAE! IF YOU MEANT WHAT YOU SAID, YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED ME TWENTY MISSED CALLS AGO!

“Uki, are you okay?”

My gaze flickered to Heechul, who was giving me a worried glance. I’d been doing a pretty good job of keeping a straight face all day, but I suppose I was starting to crack. I mean, all day my poor Hae has been gone, and not a word from him! How else am I supposed to be reacting, especially with this psychopathic freak-show running around wild in Seoul?! I WANT MY DONGHAE BACK SAFE AND SOUND DAMN IT! T_____T

“Y-yeah,” I stuttered with a nervous laugh. “What gives you the idea that I’m not okay?”

“Uh, maybe because you keep looking at the clock and the door every five seconds or so?” Leeteuk asked me, tearing his gaze away from the talk show featuring SHINee on TV.

“Guys, cut her some slack. She’s just worried about Donghae,” Henry said, giving us all a look.

“Can you blame her, though? I’m worried about Donghae. We haven’t seen or heard from him all day!” Alex exclaimed.

My eyes widened as the sickening thoughts of what might be going on began filling my mind again. Aish, Donghae, where are you?! Come back to me already, I’m seriously getting freaked out!

“Uki, you look like you’re about to puke,” Sungmin stated, giving me a worried glance. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

I nervously laughed again, giving him as reassuring of a look I could possibly muster. Which probably wasn’t as reassuring as I’d hoped it would be.

“Of course!” I replied, my voice cracking and rising an octave. “Of course I’m feeling okay! I haven’t seen or heard from my Donghae all day today and I’m feeling totally and perfectly fine! Why would you even ask a silly thing like that?!”

“Oh my goodness, Uki, you’re crying!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

So that’s what that wet feeling on my face was. Ahh, makes so much more sense now.

The moment he pointed that out to me, I burst into tears, uncontrollably sobbing as the closest pair of arms—I think it was Hangeng?—closed protectively around me.

“Where’s Donghae?! What if something bad happened to him?! It’s not like him not to call us when he’s gone for so long! He usually tells us where he’s going and now he won’t answer any of our calls or anything! What if something bad happened?! Somebody please tell me where my Donghae is!” I exclaimed through my sobs, burring my face in my hands and leaning into the lean chest my face was resting against.

“Uki, look, we’ll all go out and look for him, arasso?” Eunhyuk yelled, trying to console me.

“We’ll find him, Uki! We won’t let anything bad happen to our Hae!” Sungmin yelled next.

I couldn’t stop crying though. The only thoughts running through my mind were the horrible possibilities of what could be happening to my Donghae as we speak. It wasn’t like him not to call us! And it especially wasn’t like him not to tell us where he was going or leave without someone by his side. That guy has freaking abandonment issues! He never leaves to go anywhere alone!

“Has anyone else noticed that Siwon isn’t here either?” Henry asked suddenly.

I started crying harder. “Great! So first my Donghae’s gone, and now my brother’s gone! Aish!”

“Henry!” Hangeng scolded, tightening his arms around me. “Someone get a hold of Siwon and ask him where is! Shh, Uki, everything will be okay. Hyukie and Sungmin are going out to look for Donghae, arasso? They’ll find him.”

“No! Don’t leave!” I yelled, breaking free of Hangeng’s arms, stopping Eunhyuk and Sungmin just as they were about to walk out the door. “What if something bad happens to you guys, too?!”

“Something bad? Uki, that’s, like, the fifth time you’ve mentioned something bad happening. What’s going on? What do you know that we don’t?” Leeteuk asked me.

I bit my lip, the tears still falling as I hung my head low.

“I didn’t wanna tell you guys at first ‘cause I wasn’t exactly sure of what was going on,” I began, then sighed, willing myself to stop crying, but it just couldn’t be done. Worried thoughts of Donghae were still racing through my mind and it was enough to give me a panic attack.

“Uki, what’s going on?!” Leeteuk repeated.

“Wait, before you start, I gotta hold of Siwon,” Henry told me, safely tucking his phone back into his pocket. “He said he’s at his apartment, but is heading over right now.”

I felt a little of the worry lift a bit off my shoulders, but it was still there, overpowering me with anxious thoughts of Donghae’s well-being. I sat for a moment, taking deep breaths and slowed my weeping to quiet hiccups and a stray tear here and there.

“Arasso,” I began. “So here’s what’s been happening…”

And I told them everything. From my trashed room back in London, to the creepy notes that I’d been finding everywhere, to the person that was possibly in our dorm last night and possibly hiding in Donghae’s closet, to whoever that person was stealing my necklace while I was sleeping last night. Everything. All of it.

“And that’s why I’ve been so worried about Donghae! What if something bad happened to him, like he found one of the notes and decided to be stupid and go looking for the guy?! I can’t lose my Hae!” I cried, beginning to sob once more.

Hangeng stood and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me once more as I buried my face in his chest.

“Guys, what do we do?” Hangeng asked everyone, a defeated tone hinting at his words.

“Someone, keep calling Donghae,” Leeteuk instructed, his leader side taking over. Thank God for someone like Leeteuk who can stay clear-headed in the midst of sucha crisis. Without someone like him in the dorm, God knows what we’d be doing right now. “Eunhyuk, Sungmin, it’s too dangerous to go out there this late at night. Someone, call Siwon to make sure that he’s made it safely over here, and tell him that he’s spending the night tonight. Someone, call Soo Man and make sure that Tony’s still being held in prison along with his goons.”

Everyone scrambled to do as he said as Leeteuk leaned down so he was eye level with me.

“Hey, Uki, look at me,” he said softly, taking my hands away from my face and holding them gently. I looked into his reassuring brown eyes, not able to stop myself from crying this time. “Shh, everything will be okay, arasso? Oppa’s going to make sure that everything’s going to be okay. I’m sure that Donghae’s doing just fine and—”

“Siwon’s here!” Henry interrupted, running up to us. “He’s on his way up now. Keep your head up, Uki. Love you!”

I smiled slightly, laughing through my tears as he bent down and kissed me on the cheek before going back to help Alex, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook who were all trying to call Donghae while people like Heechul and Yesung were freaking out about which number would be the correct number to reach Soo Man at this time of night.

Leeteuk smiled at me and said, “And now Siwon’s going to be here safely as well. See? Everything’s going to be okay. If you keep crying, we’re all gonna start crying with you. Trust me. You don’t wanna see a buncha guys in their mid-twenties crying. It’s not a pretty sight.”

I laughed and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. “Tell me my Hae is going to be okay, oppa. Tell me that he’s gonna come back to me safely.”

I felt him smile sadly as he hugged me back, saying, “Donghae’s gonna come back to you safely. Don’t worry. He loves you too much to leave you without some sort of explanation.”

Although I wanted to believe his words with all my might, I couldn’t stop crying. I shut my eyes tightly as the tears kept coming, not letting go of Leeteuk, who was still shushing me gently and repeating reassuring words to me over and over again. But no matter how hard he tried to calm me down, I couldn’t stop crying because I couldn’t shake the feeling that everything wasn’t going to be okay.

That somewhere, somehow, Donghae’s hurt and we were helpless to do anything about it.

As those thoughts raced through my mind, I started crying harder.

Donghae, come back to me safely! I love you too much to lose you! Please don’t make me lose you! Please!

“He’s not picking up!” Alex exclaimed, frustration apparent in her voice.

I could tell by the quavering of her words that she was also on the brink of breaking down into tears, but Kyuhyun reassuringly took hold of one of her hands, giving her a slight smile.

“Keep calling!” Leeteuk commanded.

“We’ve called him thirty-three times already!” Ryeowook shouted angrily. He growled furiously as he no doubt got hold of Donghae’s voice mail again. “That stupid fish is so fried the moment he gets back home! Ugh! I can just kill him for making everyone so worried!”

Aish. Donghae, where are you?!

 

Oh hot damn, is that a double update?! ;D

Lol. Sorry, I'm just in a really good mood right now. My brother's basketball team qualified for state! Squeeeee! So excited! ^^

Anyway, don't fret. Donghae isn't necessarily hurt per say. However, you all just might hate him when he comes back, especially since what I've got in store is none too nice. Kekeke~ Just be expecting troubles arisin' soon. S'all I'm gonna tell you guys(:<

And, I feel as though that this is a short chapter. Do you all agree? I dunno. Maybe it's just me. Kekeke~ Onward with the creation of the next chapter! ^^

Idk 'bout the pic? I unno. I just thought it fit the mood(x