Lady Luck~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Bad Uki is back(:<

GD’S POV~

The moment Uki’s Escalade pulled into an empty parking space in front of Seoul’s police station, she was up and outta there, heading straight through the glass doors, with me and the rest of the boys following closely behind on her trail. None of us were paying any particular attention to the pounding rain that was threatening to knock us off our feet at any given moment, seeing as how we were more concerned with the fact that Daesung was sitting inside this godforsaken building with quite an uncertain future awaiting him. Throwing one of the doors open, I rushed inside, my breathing strained from having to fight against the wind and rain, while water dripped onto the doormat from my soaked clothing. Looking around the brightly-lit building, I sensed a gloomy aura settling around the room, partially due to the foreboding weather outside, partially due to the uncertainty of past thoughts of the many people who had been here before us—unsure of what their future would be like—still lingering around in the thick atmosphere. I saw Uki standing in front of the front desk, her raincoat slick with the rain while her hair was sopping wet and causing water to drip all over the tiled floor.

Fearing the idea of getting water all over the place and causing people to trip and injure themselves, I remained rooted to the spot with the rest of my boys standing around me while we intensely stared at Uki speaking with the receptionist.

“What do you mean I can’t see him?! I gotta call from Hyun Seok himself! He called me to come down here at two thirty in the morning, making me drive through this rain, just to come down here to see him, and damn it, I will see him if it’s the last thing I do!” I heard Uki yelling. I noticed her tiny frame slightly shivering, whether from the cold or her anger, I’ll never know.

The receptionist gave her a bored look, rolled her eyes, and sighed before saying, “Alright, alright, no need to yell this late into the night. What’s your name?”

“Uki Seohae Choi,” Uki replied while giving the receptionist a death glare.

Even from here, I noticed the receptionist’s eyes widen before she exclaimed, “The Uki Seohae Choi?! Like… Choi Siwon’s little sister?!

Uki cocked an eyebrow in amusement as her set jaw gave way to a satisfactory smirk. “Why? You a fan?”

“N-neh! G-go on in, a-ara?” she stuttered, making it a point of straightening her papers on her desk that were already sitting in a neat and tidy pile, probably just for the sake of doing something so she wouldn’t seem like a complete idiot in front of Uki.

“Why thank you,” Uki said before turning and giving us an expectant look.

We understood immediately and quickly and carefully made our way after her, focusing on not slipping on the tile. Uki was walking briskly ahead of us, obviously knowing exactly where she was going, and we struggled to keep up with her without falling and busting our faces. By the time we caught up with her, the entire, tiled hallway was slick with rain water, and I instantly felt guilty when I turned back to see some young lady slip and fall on her behind, the folders full of papers stacked in her arms flying everywhere.

“Oh my gosh, noona! Are you okay?!” Seungri exclaimed, instantly running back to go help her up.

I smiled at the adorableness that was our maknae, as TOP and Taeyang also rushed over to help her up. Figuring she had enough help already, I turned back to see Uki frozen, water dripping slowly onto the little mat sitting in front of the office door from her slick, blue raincoat. I studied her for a moment, noticing how her midnight black hair was plastered to her pale forehead, her already pale cheeks losing even more color from the cold. She looked like the definition of a vampire, save for the blazing fire burning intensely in her pale green eyes. I turned my attention to whatever she was staring at, to see Daesung sitting in a chair inside the office, his head hanging low in his hands, while two men were sitting across the table from him, one in an officer’s uniform, the other in a suit and tie. I noticed Hyun Seok-sshi also standing in the room, a contemplative look on his face, while his mouth was moving, indicating to me that he was speaking to the two men about what happened.

“What do you think they’re saying in there?” I asked quietly, never once tearing my gaze away from Daesung’s sad figure in the chair.

“Probably talking about whether or not Daesung was under the influence,” she whispered quietly in response, sounding dazed and faraway, as if her body were standing there beside me, yet her mind was wandering in a land a million miles away.

I was stunned when the glass door was abruptly thrown open and I came to find Hyun Seok-sshi towering above us. Before we could utter a word, he grabbed Uki by the arm and jerked her into the room, shutting the door on me. I watched as I saw Uki walking slowly, timidly, toward the empty chair by Daesung, who by now had raised his head to see who had walked in. I noticed his eyes widening when he realized it was Uki, and he frantically looked out the glass wall to see me standing there as well. His eyes widened even further and I swear I could practically see his heart plummeting a few thousand feet as his eyes held a pleading light, as if he were begging me to forgive him. I gave him a sad look before turning and taking a seat at the bench directly across the glass wall that was allowing me to see everything going on in the office, yet forbidding me to hear anything being said. I soon found myself flanked on either side by TOP and Taeyang while Seungri squeezed onto the end of the bench beside TOP. It was a bit weird seeing as how we were all drenched from the rain, but I didn’t dare complain, seeing as how the show was just about to begin.

“I think… Uki’s gonna end up killing a few people tonight,” Seungri murmured as we watched Uki’s scared and timid demeanor from earlier slowly unravel right before our very eyes. It wasn’t long before she was up and yelling at the two men sitting across from her, while Daesung was standing up as well, desperately holding onto her shoulders and trying to force her back down into her seat so she wouldn’t fly over the table like the terrifying little gerbil she is—don’t tell her I call her that, or else she’ll seriously kill me!—and kill the poor, innocent men.

If it weren’t for the tenseness of the current situation, I’d like to say I probably would have even laughed at the sight of the two men wanting so obviously to get the hell outta that room while Uki was already taking off her raincoat and pulling her sopping hair into a loose bun to keep it out of her face. You knew it was serious when Uki pinned up her bangs. She never does that, and when she does… Oh, just know all Hell is about to break loose.

Just as Uki was leaning forward on the table, giving the two men a death glare, I heard my phone’s standard ringtone cut through the silent atmosphere. I sighed impatiently and dug around in my pocket for a moment before pulling out my Blackberry. When I noticed it was Siwon calling me, I quickly hit the green answer button and said, “Yebeoseyo?”

“Jiyong! Did you guys get to the station safely?!” Siwon’s frantic voice exclaimed loudly in my ear.

I blinked for a moment in an attempt to get rid of the ringing in my ears before saying, “Yeah, we’re here now. Uki’s actually a pretty good driver, which means we didn’t really fear for our lives or anything like that.”

“Oh thank the Lord,” Siwon said, breathing a sigh of relief. My goodness, he was so overprotective of her! She’s freaking almost twenty-years-old, for Christ’s sake! After a moment of him thanking the Lord over and over again, he finally said, “We’re on our way now. Beast is with us, too.”

“What? No! Hyung! None of you can actually drive, which means you guys need to stay there! You’re gonna get yourselves hurt!” I immediately scolded, my leader mode naturally kicking in.

I’m the one driving, and I’m a pretty decent driver!” Siwon retorted stubbornly.

“YOU’RE DRIVING IN THIS STORM WHILE TALKING TO ME ON THE PHONE?! GODDAMN IT, SIWON, DO YOU WANT TO DIE?! YAH! HANG UP! HANG UP RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT BEFORE I SET UKI LOOSE ON YOU!” I shouted at him, and without giving him the option of hanging up or not, I hung up on him with a snap, anger coursing through my veins. Daesung just left the scene of a car crash, and now I’ve got this idiot trying to drive in the middle of this god-awful storm while talking to me on the phone?! I don’t care if he’s my hyung or not, I’m gonna smack him upside the head when I see him for being so stupid!

“I don’t understand you sometimes, hyung. You complain about being a horrible leader and then you pull a stunt like that? You’re such an awesome leader, you go around leading other people from other groups,” Seungri said, never once tearing his gaze away from Uki flipping a chair over in her anger and almost succeeding in flying across the table had it not been for Hyun Seok-sshi and Daesung quickly grabbing hold of her by the shoulders and keeping her back.

I smiled at the heartfelt words coming from my sometimes-idiotic maknae and reached around TOP to ruffle his hair as I said, “You heard?”

“We all heard. We may have looked asleep, but doesn’t mean we were asleep,” Taeyang replied with a slight smirk.

“And you’re stupid for thinking that you’re a terrible leader,” TOP said, his hand on his chin in a thoughtful manner. “I could never lead this group, and I think you do a pretty damn amazing job of it.”

“So don’t worry, hyung. We love you, for you,” Seungri said, finally turning to look at me with a smile.

I smiled at all this, leaning back against the bench and giving a relieved sigh. “Have I ever told you guys just how much I love you all?”

“No need,” TOP said, also leaning back and throwing his arm around my shoulders.

“We already know,” Taeyang finished for him, also throwing his arm around my shoulders.

Have I ever mentioned that I’ve possibly got the best group in all of KPop? I mean seriously. I wouldn’t trade these guys for all the money in the world.

“Oh my gosh, Uki’s seriously gonna kill someone!” Seungri exclaimed, although I could definitely detect a hint of excited amusement in his voice, as if he wanted her to fly across the table and strangle those two men.

TOP chuckled amusingly, his signature smirk on his face, as he said, “Uki’s a funny girl. She was all timid and scared on our way here, and now look at her. Totally priceless!”

“Jiyong!” I heard someone exclaim down the hallway, followed by a chorus of loud “Whoa!”s and “Ouch!”s.

I turned to my right to see a huge heap of Super Junior and Beast, all and groaning on the floor in pain, and I couldn’t help myself. Before I knew it, I found myself laughing uncontrollably at the sight of all my hyungs piled on top of each other. Maybe someone should have warned them that the tile was just a bit slippery. ;D

“Hyungs!” Seungri exclaimed, immediately bolting from the bench toward the guys. “Are you guys okay?!”

Tch. Seungri. Always the caring maknae. :3

“We’re fine, we’re fine,” Siwon said, taking Seungri’s outstretched hand and pulling himself up.

“Speak for yourself! My old back isn’t meant to take this kind of abuse!” I heard Leeteuk’s voice exclaim from somewhere in the depths of the accidental dog pile.

“Aigoo. I’m bleeding!” Doojoon’s voice exclaimed, and sure enough, as he detached himself from the others, I saw his lip freely bleeding onto his hand.

“You better not let Uki see you like that. She’s gonna throw a fit,” Seungri said as he went around helping the other guys up off the floor as well.

“Speaking of Uki, where is she?!” Siwon frantically asked, looking around with a panicked look on his face.

Instead of verbally answering him, I raised my arm and pointed toward the glass wall allowing us to look in on Uki practically attacking everyone inside. Siwon immediately flew toward the window, and next thing I know, all the guys—Super Junior and Beast alike—were all pressed up against the wall, staring inside as if they were at a zoo ogling at all the different animals inside. Through the gap between Siwon and Donghae, I could vaguely make out everyone looking to the wall in shock while Uki’s expression turned disgusted. And then, her eyes widened when her gaze rested upon Doojoon, and before anybody knew it, the door was thrown open and Uki’s voice exclaimed, “Doojoon oppa! What happened?!”

“Heh, heh,” Doojoon laughed awkward, trying his best to wipe away the blood from his lower lip, but if anything, he was just making a bigger mess for himself. With Uki’s intense glare never once wavering, he sighed and said, “We slipped and fell on our way in here, and I guess I ended up busting my lip against either someone else or the floor.”

“Aish. Don’t you all know better than to run in a tiled hallway after coming in from the rain?! And… Donghae! Aigoo, my poor fishie! What happened?!”

I turned my attention to look at Donghae and realized that his cheek was already slowly turning purple and swelling. He smiled sheepishly as he said, “Well, I kinda knocked into Eunhyuk when we all fell. And let’s just say he’s quite hardheaded.”

Uki sighed at all of them and said, “You guys are all children. I turn my back on you for two seconds and come back to find Doojoon with a busted lip and Donghae with a black eye!”

“Uki, their childishness isn’t quite important right now. What’s going on with Daesung?” I asked before anybody else could bring up something stupid.

She bit her lower lip for a moment before sighing again and saying, “They’re tryna say that he hit the motorcyclist and killed him, but the taxi driver from earlier that was helping the motorcyclist said that he was already injured prior to when Daesung arrived on the scene. I think… I think if I just get a chance to speak to the taxi driver and get his account of everything, it’ll be a piece of cake of proving Daesung’s innocence. That’s assuming that if he wasn’t under the influence, which he sure as hell better hope he wasn’t, else wise, I’m gonna kill him.”

“So, what’re the chances of him going to jail looking like?” I asked quietly, not sure if I wanted the answer or not.

She looked around slowly at all the faces surrounding her, before she smiled slightly and said, “If I get my way and speak to that damn taxi driver… And if it comes back negative that he was under the influence… Then I’m sure I can work my magic and get him released with nothing more than a hefty fine, a few months probation, and a couple months of community service.”

Everyone smiled and cheered instantly while I ran forward and threw my arms around her, hugging her tightly and murmuring, “I freaking love you, Uki.”

She laughed slightly as she hugged me back and said, “Don’t thank me just yet. Lady Luck has a tendency of being a and turning on me at the very last minute.”

“Uki… I think Hyun Seok-sshi is gonna throw a fit if you’re not back inside, like, now,” Seungri said with a nervous edge to his voice.

Uki broke away from me, and sure enough, the door was open and an irate looking Hyun Seok-sshi was standing there.

“Uki, now’s not the time for this!” he scolded gently.

“I don’t wanna go back in there!” Uki whined slightly, pouting intensely at him. “I have a feeling if I do, they might end up dying.”

“Uki—”

“They’re pissing me off! That stupid idiot in there isn’t certified to be a lawyer! Pft. Harvard. Ain’t got nothin’ on Cambridge, broskii!” she yelled, shooting a dirty look to the man in the suit.

“Now you’re just being rude! I don’t see you with your masters degree in law!” the man in the suit yelled, also making his way out into the hallway.

“I got my masters from UCLA, thank you, and unlike you, I’m taking it a step further and going for my PhD!” Uki retorted, shooting the idiot man a death glare. “And I swear to you that the moment I do, I’m coming straight back to Seoul to open up my own law firm, and I will make sure that you are gonna work for me!

I snickered at this, amused by the idea of Uki threatening this man that was probably more than doubled her age, and was further amused by the sight of her tiny stature striking fear in the hearts of so many people. All the guys took a slight step back in order to remain safe from the anger emitting from the two people in the center, while Uki simply stood her ground, arms crossed over her chest, and a deadly look on her face. The man ground his teeth for a moment before saying, “Your client killed someone. I don’t think he can necessarily get out of this unscathed.”

“First off, you have no right to make any such assumption without the right proof presented to me. Second off, my ‘client’ didn’t kill anyone. According to the words of the taxi driver on the scene, the man was already severely injured prior to the time Daesung arrived,” Uki replied matter-of-factly.

“The taxi driver said—”

“Don’t tell me what the taxi driver said!” Uki interrupted heatedly, uncrossing her arms and beginning to take angry steps toward him with every word she said. “Because you, sir, are not the taxi driver, and until that taxi driver is sitting right in front of me, telling me his side of the story, you have no right to tell me what he said, is that understood?!”

“My client, the parents of the man that was killed, wants this case closed—”

“Then you sure as hell better get them to come down here! I want all the records, all the people involved, and every damn person that wants to have their two cents thrown in to be in that damn room until everything is solved,” Uki interrupted once more, spitting her words out between gritted teeth.

“Right now?! You must be insane! It’s almost three in the morning!” the man exclaimed, giving Uki a wide-eyed look.

“Do I look like I care?! You shouldn’t have started with me if you had no intention of finishing it, which means that every damn thing I asked for better be in that room. You had better prepare for a long night because rest assured, unless I win, I’m not leaving.” And then, with narrowed eyes of anger, Uki took a few more slow steps before she was standing right in his face, and said, in one of the scariest tones I’d ever heard come from a person, “You were going on and on in there about how Harvard makes the best lawyers in the world. Yeah? Well… Prove it.”

 

Guys, I'm back! ^-^

Lol. Oh my gosh, this chapter was soooo much better than the other two, and sounded so much more like me, don't you think?! LMAOO~ I would've posted this yesterday, but I kinda got distracted. ;D

Any who, here's the deal.

SUMMER.

HAS. 

STARTED.

<3

This means that HOPEFULLY--despite all the stuff I'm doing this summer--I'll be able to write and update a lot more reguarly, however, no guarantees! Lol.

Oh yes. So I haven't been able to find anymore info about Daesung's car crash, so I'll just go with what I know AS OF RIGHT NOW.

This means: SOME OF THE INFO I'M USING MAY BE FALSE. I APOLOGIZE IF THIS OFFENDS SOME PPL, BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IF NO INFO IS AVAILABLE FOR ME TO USE?

Any who, just wanted to make that tiny little disclaimer. Oh, and some of you were asking if it's true that he got into a car accident.

Sadly, it is< / 3

So please keep Daesung in your prayers, and pray for our dear boys to remain safe!!<3