Brand New Uki~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

So after my amazing shower and getting the chance to calm down about Donghae leaving, I somehow found myself sitting in the passenger seat of my beautiful Escalade, hanging on for dear life as Void crazily sped through the streets, impatient to get to wherever the hell he was planning to go to. My heart was thrumming madly in my ribcage, seeking for a way out of its confines, as my mind kept shouting at me for being so damn stupid and actually agreeing to let Void drive. Never again will I make the mistake of practically placing my life at Death’s doorsteps.

“AHH, VOID, WATCH OUT!” I shrieked, immediately leaning across the gap between him and me and jerking the steering wheel so we would avoid hitting the freaking Mercedes that almost became tinfoil beneath my monster of a car.

Void nervously laughed and reattached his hands to the wheel, shooting me apologetic looks. I glared at him, straightening myself in my seat and placing one of my hands over my crazily-racing heart. I was breathing hard, literally feeling as though I were about to experience a panic attack, as he said, “Sorry ‘bout that. Took my hands off for two seconds, and something like this happens.”

“Just keep—your attention on—the ing—road,” I said in between my breaths.

The rest of the way there was silent save for a few colorful vocabulary words being thrown our way by irritated drivers and the sound of blaring car horns. The entire way there, I was hanging onto the handle as if my life depended on it, while my other hand clung tightly to the seatbelt that was keeping me from flying forward and getting a rather unfortunate concussion against the dashboard. Good god. Void had the nerve to say that he wasn’t a terrible driver? Are you ing kidding me?! In what world is he considered a good driver?! And boyy, did I almost kill him when I saw what our final destination was.

“The mall?” I asked incredulously, not making one single movement to get outta the car the moment he found a parking spot.

“Yes? Never been to one before?” he asked, giving me a sidelong glance as he unbuckled his seat belt and took the keys out of the ignition.

“You mean to tell me that I just had about six near-death experiences, almost had a heart attack, and watched my car almost devour seven other cars just so you could take me to the mall? WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU LET ME DRIVE?!” I screamed, immediately hitting him upside the head.

“Yah! Don’t hit me! I’m trying to help you, remember?!” he shouted in response, shrinking from my ever-lasting abuse.

“YOU ALMOST GOT ME KILLED!” I screamed at him in response.

“I did not! Now you better get outta the car before I’m forced to drag you out,” he said, somehow managing to slip outta the car before I could fully kill him.

I narrowed my eyes at him for a second before impatiently unbuckling my seat belt and climbing outta the car. I shut the door and followed Void toward the entrance of the mall as he made sure to lock my car twice. I seriously couldn’t believe this. The mall. If he had just told me that he wanted to go to the mall, I would have driven us there with no problems! But he had let on earlier in the morning that we were going to some magical place that only he would know about, so I figured it was only fitting if I had let him drive. Ugh. And this is why I always manage to find a way to be upset at this guy!

“Oh, lighten up, Uki,” Void said when he turned around to see a scowl on my face. “You’ve gotta admit that, that car ride here was pretty damn exciting, wasn’t it?”

No, it wasn’t,” I moodily responded, walking through the door the moment he opened it for me.

He sighed, quickly running to catch up to me. Placing his hands on my shoulders, he leaned down a bit so his face was right in front of mine. I gave him a flat stare when I looked into his face to see a pout greeting me. “C’mon. I’m here to help you, remember? You’ll be thanking me by the end of tonight.”

“Whatever you say, Void,” I responded coolly, shaking his hands off me.

I quietly growled in annoyance when he threw his arm around my shoulders and smiled. “This way, Uki! I’m gonna buy you the iest outfit ever, and I guarantee you that you’ll have all the boys’ jaws dropping tonight.”

Void’s POV~

I cringed slightly when Uki gave me one of the coldest stares I’d ever seen a person give another human being. What is her problem? I’m willing to sit here, putting my face at risk—you know how she gets when she’s in one of her “moods”—willing to spend my money on an outfit that would benefit me none whatsoever—well, if I get the benefit of looking at her all night in the outfit, then I guess it’s well worth it—and she sits here and glares at me in return? Che. Way to show me appreciation, Uki. Sheesh. This isn’t something I have to do, ya’ know. I could totally just let you sit at home and cry your eyes out over that idiot Sea, but do you see me doing—

“Would you really leave me all alone crying?” she suddenly asked in a quiet voice.

. Was I unconsciously voicing my thoughts again?

“Yeah, you were…”

I looked down into her face for a moment and sighed when I saw her lower lip slightly quivering while her big eyes were slowly welling with tears. Goddamnit. When in the hell did Uki become so fragile? She was never once like this, and all of a sudden, she begins crying from a tiny little insult? you, Sea. If you thought you could get away with turning Uki into this emotional wreck of a shell of her former self and pick up and leave to Taiwan, leaving me to deal with and fix everything, you gotta nother thing comin’. You better ing believe that I’m going to get my revenge. I will get even, just you watch.

When I heard her beginning to sniffle slightly, I sighed once more and slung a comforting arm around her shoulders. “Uki, you’re being irritating. Quit crying, dammit.”

What? Did that sound insensitive to you gu—

“OOF.”

“You’re so damn insensitive, Void!” Uki scolded.

“It’s not my fault! I’ve never seen you act like this before, so I dunno what to do!”

She groaned and turned around, heading straight for the door. “Forget it, Void. I wanna go home, where I can burrow myself in my room with all the ice cream I want and cry away my sorrows.”

“Oh, no you don’t,” I said, running up to her and steering her the opposite direction of the door by her shoulders. “I put starvation on the line, meaning that you will do as I say, do you understand me? I am done playing games, Uki. You are going to get over Sea if it’s the last thing I do!”

“Void, shut. Up. People are staring,” she hissed in a hushed tone, looking around at the people who were curiously looking our way.

I leaned down toward her face and whispered, “If you don’t comply, I’ll make sure that I give them something to stare at.”

Her face fell as she quietly ground her teeth and silently glared at me. I gave her an expectant look, waiting for her decision, before she sighed and nodded in a defeated manner. I smiled victoriously and slung my arm around her shoulders once more, pulling her into my side as I led her deeper into the mall and towards the Forever 21. I’ll admit: I didn’t know much when it came to shopping for girls’ clothes, but I knew enough to be certain that you could never go wrong with Forever 21 when you were looking for a y clubbing outfit, am I right, ladies?

The moment we walked inside the gargantuan store, I noticed almost immediately Uki’s scrunched up expression, plainly stating her discontent at being inside the store. I ignored that, though, and dragged her toward the dress racks. The moment I pulled my arm away from her shoulders, Uki grumpily seated herself on one of the cushioned seats, huffily crossing her arms, and slightly pouting at me. I rolled my eyes. She can be sucha baby sometimes. Sheesh! She acts as though I was planning to drag her to a strip club or somethin’. Shaking my head slightly, I began rifling through the different dresses. Yes, I realize that I probably looked pretty gay to anybody passing by, but at this point, I don’t care. I would admit to being in love with Kyuhyun at this point if it meant Uki would stop moping about.

Wait a minute…

Scratch that.

Kyuhyun and I are not, and never will be, a “thing”. ‘

I cringed slightly at the disgusting thought and went back to my task of finding something for Uki to wear tonight. Hmm… Too flashy. Too gold. Too dark. Too bright. Ew, sequins. Aha! I like it! I grabbed the pink dress and draped it over my arm, continuing in my search as Uki continued to sit there and grumble like a child throwing a temper tantrum. I continued ignoring her as I went through all the dresses thoroughly, making sure I didn’t miss one. When I was sure I had gone through all of them, I returned to Uki with a total of twenty, maybe thirty dresses draped over both my arms. Uki looked up at me, and immediately, her bored expression gave way to a shocked one as her eyes widened slightly and flew open.

“Void! What is this nonsense?!” she exclaimed, staring fearfully at all the dresses.

“Don’t ask questions! Now go!” I commanded, sticking my leg out and hooking it behind her knee so I could successfully turn her around.

Go? Go where!” she shouted.

“What did I say about questions?!”

She opened to protest, but I cut her off by placing my hands on her shoulders and steering her toward the dressing rooms. The moment she was in front of one of the dressing rooms, she stopped and turned to look at me, a skeptical expression on her face.

“Oh hell no. You seriously expect me to try on all these dresses?” she asked, eyeing the dresses once more, but this time, with a look of pure and utter disdain.

“Precisely so. And if you ask one more question for the remainder of today, I swear to you I will make the rest of your stay a living Hell,” I stated matter-of-factly. “Now shoo! Go, go, go! We don’t have all day, woman!”

“But—!”

“No buts! Go!”

I threw all the dresses into her unexpected arms and shoved her inside the dressing room, pulling the curtain shut so I wouldn’t see anything I wasn’t supposed to see. I heard her groaning in irritation, grumbling something along the lines of “I’m gonna kill that boy” under her breath. I’ll admit, I was kinda scared of whom she was referring to as “that boy”, but I don’t think I was curious enough to actually find out, just in case it was me and she was planning to kill me for putting her through all this. But hey! I’ve gotta good reason of doing so! If it weren’t for me taking the initiative to try and fix her depressed mood, she’d still be at home crying her eyes out! Che. The things I do for the ppl I “love”.

“Okay, Void. Since you’re making me do this, you better give me your damn honest opinion or I swear to God I will hit you in the head so hard, you’re gonna have a hard time remembering your own name, got it, mister?” Uki’s voice called to me through the curtain.

“Yes ma’am~” I replied, smirking at her threat that I had no doubt in my mind she would be more than capable of carrying out.

I heard her sigh for a moment before pulling the curtain aside and stepping out in a strapless, hug-the-body, hot pink dress. I stared at her for a moment, blinking at her newly-defined figure, yet the only thing that ran through my head was “Damn.She’s got some curves.” I continued staring at her, no coherent thoughts being able to make it to my mouth, until she flicked me on the forehead and exclaimed, “Yah! Pabo! Speak!”

I shook my head slightly and cleared my throat. “Er… Erm… Nope. Not your dress.”

She paused for a second before sighing and nodding. She made her way back into the dressing room, and, moments after she pulled the curtain shut, I heard the sound of a zipper being pulled down and a few shuffling noises, of which I was assuming was her getting out of the dress. I took a deep breath and shook my head to clear it. What in the hell took over me just then…? I mean, hell yeah I’ve noticed that Uki’s gotta figure, but not once did I look at her in that light. Well, yeah, maybe I did when I first saw her back on that very first day I ever flew into Seoul—and got attacked by those crazy fangirls who thought I was my hyung. >.>—but that was before I got to know her as the evil midget that she is to me today! I sighed.

You’re losing it, Heejong. Stay focused. Keep your head cle—

“This one?”

I looked up to the quiet, unsure voice, and my face immediately scrunched. Ew. Whatta terrible shade of orange. What in the hell was I thinking when I picked that one up? I didn’t even say anything to her in response, but chose instead to quickly shake my head. That was signal enough for her to walk back inside and pull the curtain shut. I sighed and made myself comfortable on the armchair as I heard her shuffling once more to get out of the dress. This was definitely gonna be a long process…

~~~~

After an hour and a half, I was pretty sure I was willing to put a bullet through my head and stab my eyes out with needles.

SO.

MANY.

DRESSES.

Don’t get me wrong, Uki managed to pull off pretty much all of them, but all those disgustingly bright colors and obnoxious designs were enough to make any male on this earth wanna forever go blind. I didn’t realize watching a girl try on different dresses would be so torturous! NEVER AGAIN AM I EVER GOING DRESS SHOPPING WITH ANYBODY.

“Void, it’s obvious we’re not gonna find anything that’s good enough for whatever it is that you’re planning tonight, so why don’t we just call it a day, eh?” I heard Uki’s voice ask me through the curtain, accompanied by the sounds of her stepping out of the most recent dress she just tried on.

“No! I know there’s one more dress in there, dammit! I’m not giving up!” I yelled, feeling the determination surge through my veins.

I did not just sit through this torture for the past hour and a half just to give up so easily! I WILL FIND HER A DRESS IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO.

Uki sighed and said, “Fine. But if this one doesn’t work, I’m giving up.”

“Yah! You better not give u—”

I froze.

The moment she pulled the curtain back and stepped out, I literally felt as though the world stopped spinning and my heart stopped beating. I blinked at her, as if it were the only thing I was capable of doing. The dress was one of the simplest ones, a simple, skin-tight mini-dress with a single shoulder strap, the diagonally-cut top leaving her other shoulder and the majority of her collar bone area bare. It hugged her in all the right places, long enough to cover everything, yet short enough to definitely keep things interesting. The dress itself was a mix between a metallic, shimmery silver, on top of a black backdrop. No ruffles, no pleats, no anything. It was as simple as a dress could possibly get, yet it looked… I can’t even put it into words!

“Hello? Yoo-hoooooo! Earth to Void!” she called, clapping her hands in front of my face in an attempt to wake me up from the sudden trance I had fallen into.

I quickly shook my head and cleared my throat, nodding slightly. “That’s it. That’s the one.”

Uki blinked at me for a moment before smiling in relief. “Thank God. I was about to freaking rip all these stupid dresses to shreds. Alright, let’s go pay for the stupid thing.”

“Wait! How much is it…?” I asked tentatively.

“Um… Don’t worry about that. I’ve got my brother’s Mastercard,” she said with a devious little smirk, and, before I could protest, she stepped back inside the dressing room, pulling the curtain shut.

I smirked as well.

We’re at the mall…

With Siwon’s Mastercard…

Ohhhhh, the ways you could go with this one. I chuckled to myself, but the feeling of self satisfaction didn’t last long, for before I could register what was happening, it was raining dresses. I was knocked off my feet by the sudden impact of the millions of dresses as Uki yelled, “You got all of those, now you put them back!”

I was about to give her a snarky reply when the clearing of a throat and the tapping of a foot caught my attention. I looked in front of me to come face-to-face with fashionable black flats, one of which was tapping an angry, staccato beat against the tile floor of the dressing room. My eyes traveled up to see an irritated face of a pretty hot girl staring down at me. I smiled sheepishly, batting my lashes at her in an innocent manner, but immediately sighed when her expression simply became more irritated.

Damn you, Uki…

~~~~

I gave a breath of relief the moment I shut the car door with a final snap. I breathed for a moment, thanking the heavens that we managed to make it out of the mall alive. Uki sat at the wheel next to me, staring blankly out the windshield. It was silent for a minute or two, neither one of us making any noise whatsoever. All of a sudden…

“BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! OH MY GOSH, THAT SOCCER MOM ALMOST KILLED YOU WITH THAT HIGH HEEL!” Uki exclaimed, her fits of laughter consuming her.

“YAH! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT SHE STAKED CLAIMS TO IT?! THEY MATCHED YOUR DRESS, DAMMIT!” I shouted in response, my cheeks instantly heating up.

She couldn’t even respond, she was laughing so hard. Ugh! This is the thanks I get for nearly getting decapitated by an angry soccer mom just so she could have the perfect pair of shoes to go with her new dress?! WHAT IS THIS?!

“Aish. Just start the car already! It’s already eight o’clock! I wanna get to the club before I grow old, thank you very much,” I grumbled, upset that she wouldn’t stop laughing.

“A-Arasso, arasso,” she said in between her fits of laughter. After another minute or so of wheezing and fighting for control, she finally turned the key in the ignition and brought the monster of a car to life.

I huffed silently and pouted out the window. Eight hours. EIGHT. FREAKING. HOURS. We spent eight hours in the mall simply looking for her dress, her shoes, and a few accessories. I didn’t realize that it would take so damn long to find a few simple things! But I guess I shouldn’t complain. I mean, I did get a sweet new pair of kicks along with a pretty sick getup for tonight, all thanks to the ever-so-kind Uki who felt as though she owed me for dragging me all over the place. Well… Technically, I dragged her all over the place, but still. I won’t complain, ‘cause I already know that I’ll definitely be breaking that swag meter tonight, just you watch.

“Void… Thank you,” she said suddenly.

I was startled for a moment that she suddenly broke the silence, but I turned to look at her nonetheless. “For what?”

“For today. Honestly, I haven’t had this good a day in awhile now. So… Thank you,” she said with a happy smile.

I smiled in return and settled back into the seat. “Not a problem, midget.”

I must admit, I half expected her to hit me right in the chest, but I was definitely shocked when she didn’t do anything. Instead, she chose to ignore my comment and continue driving as though nothing was said. I was a bit suspicious, and continued to be so, even as she pulled into the parking garage of the dorm and we both got out to unload the six shopping bags we had in the backseat. I checked my watch and my eyes widened almost instantly.

“Hurry, hurry, hurry! It’s already eight thirty!” I shouted, immediately pushing her to go faster.

“Yah! Quit pushing me!” she shouted, but started jogging faster anyways.

The moment we were up the elevator and throwing the door of the dorm open, I instantly pushed her to her room and shouted, “Hurry up and get ready! I’m giving you an hour limit, Choi!”

“Don’t tell me what to do, Kim!” she viciously snarled.

“Hey! I’m in charge tonight! You do as I say!” I replied, and before she had a chance to respond to anything, I quickly ran off to hyung’s room with my own bags, away from her wrath. I silently chuckled to myself. Don’t you just love how in almost an instant, Uki and I can go from totally understanding and happy-go-lucky, to yelling at each other and implying death threats in everything we say?

Uki’s POV~

That kid gets under my skin.

I love him and all, but he still gets under my skin.

I sighed. So now I know Void is planning to drag me to some club tonight, which explains the skimpy dress and five-inch stilettos. I honestly didn’t feel like clubbing or getting wasted tonight, but I owed it to the poor guy. I mean… He did almost get decapitated for me. I chuckled slightly at the amusing memory and sat down in front of my mirror to contemplate ways of doing hair and makeup tonight. Well… Loose curls always works. Yeah, okay, let’s go with that. I began pulling out all my necessary tools of mass destruction, and plugged it into the wall, waiting for it to heat up to the proper temperature. While waiting for that, I took out my pallets of makeup and began thinking of possible makeup choices. I decided on the classic smokey-eyed makeup, accompanied with mascara, a hint of blush, and… Let’s get crazy tonight. Bright red lipstick to match my bright red stilettos.

I smirked at the thought of what I’d look like tonight at the club and felt that fluttery feeling of excitement begin to stir in the pit of my stomach. Oh man, I haven’t felt that feeling since… Well, since the last time I’d gotten completely and utterly wasted with James and all them for the New Year’s Eve Party back in Cambridge. At the thought of James, my eyes immediately saddened. I missed that kid. I haven’t seen him since… Well, since the whole Michelle fiasco. Aish. Whatta friend I’ve been, ignoring him after all he’s done for me. Okay, tomorrow for sure, I’m gonna pay him and his grandma a visit, just to see how everyone is doing.

Once I saw that the curler was ready for action, I immediately began to section off my hair and began loosely curling my giant mass of hair. Sometimes, I hated having so much hair. It was a pain in the when it came to getting ready for things. It wasn’t until thirty minutes later that I finally finished the last section of hair, finally allowing me to smile proudly at the finished product. I grabbed my bottle of Chi hairspray and sprayed all over, adding in the Chi texture spray on top of that to make sure my hair still remained soft instead of hard and flaky like it normally would be with just hairspray alone.

I took a deep breath and paused for a minute before putting my makeup plans into action. A light powdered foundation to start things off, a brush of eye shadow here, a swipe of mascara there, a few of blush here, and last but not least, the bright red lipstick. Just to make sure my lipstick wouldn’t smudge or smear, I put a layer of red lip stain over it, and blotted the excess gunk onto a napkin. I blinked at my reflection. My good Lord have mercy, this seriously looked like a brand new Uki. Quite frankly, seeing myself like this, definitely made me excited. So this was what a normal teenager looked like when they went out to go clubbing. Definitely interesting~

When I saw that it was already 9:15, I quickly pulled myself back to what else needed to be done. Thinking over everything, I figured that the last things left to do would be to throw on the dress, slip on the heels, and put on the accessories. Skipping lightly to the door, I stuck my head out to make sure no one was nearby, and once I saw the coast was clear, I quickly headed back in and pulled my dress out of the Forever 21 bag. Making sure the first thing I did was rip off the price tag, I quickly pulled my shorts off, pulled my T-shirt over my head, and pulled the dress on over my head seeing as how it was one of those dresses without a zipper. I straightened the dress slightly, fixed my hair that was thrown out of place once I pulled the dress on, and walked calmly to the mirror to look at myself.

And there it was.

A brand new Uki, right before my very eyes.

I was quite impressed, to be honest with you, but I didn’t dwell on the thought for too long as I worked on snapping the two, red, cuff-like bracelets onto each wrist, and adding on a thinner bracelet onto each wrist as well. Next were the simple red stud earrings, which I put on with ease. I smiled at my appearance one last time before slipping on the bright red, open-toed, five-inch stilettos. Aaaaaaaaaand, with a few spritzes of Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction perfume, I was done.

And just in time, too, for right as I was putting the bottle of perfume back in its rightful place, I heard Void yelling down the hallway, “Ukiiiiiiiii! Are you done yetttttt?!”

“I’m done, I’m done!” I shouted in response, grabbing my red Coach wristlet from my bed and heading out my door. I accidentally ran into Void and had to take a step back in order to look at him. I whistled and eyed his outfit. “My, my, aren’t you lookin’ fancy?

“I can say the same about you, Miss Choi,” he responded with that famous smirk of his.

“Black vest, white Express V-neck, Express jeans, and white Nike high tops. Pretty intense swag, I must admit,” I said with a slight laugh accompanying my words.

He jerked the ends of his vest twice with a smug smirk on his face as he said, “Intense swag? I was the inventor of it.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let’s get going, shall we?” I asked.

“Yup! Now then, keys?”

“Hell no! I’m not letting you drive my poor baby any longer!” I shouted at him.

“But you don’t know where the club is!” he responded with a pout.

I glared at him for a moment before sighing in defeat and handing over the keys. With one last angry glare, I grabbed him by the collar of his vest and said, “You pull the same crazy stunt you pulled this morning, and it’ll be the end of Kim Heejong, is that understood?”

“Don’t worry~ I got thissssss,” he attempted to assure me with his idiotic smile.

I narrowed my eyes but let go of him anyways. He hooked arms with me and said, “Now! If you’ll please come this way~ I’m about to show you what it means to truly live, consequences and all.”

 

My, my, my~

It sure has been a while, hasn't it? :3

Lol. Well, here I am, ppl~ I told you I'd be back, and I definitely kept that promise~ ^-^

Okay, here's the deal. In addition to not having the motivation to write, I've just been so damn busy, I'm not gonna lie. Junior year has been a lately, and I've been coping with it as best I can. It's hard to believe school is only four weeks in. I feel as though it's been four months. ;~;

But that's beside the point. The point is, my hiatus is indefinite, meaning that I don't know how long it'll last, and I don't know when the next time I'll be able to update is, so please--and I repeat, PLEASE--DO NOT HARP ON ME TO UPDATE. IT WILL ONLY MAKE ME ANGRY AND UPSET AND I WILL MOST LIKELY EAT YOU IF I SEE A COMMENT WITH ONLY "UPDATE SOON!" OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, SO THE SMART DECISION WILL BE TO JUST NOT DO IT. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT. REALLY, IT IS.

Okay, I'm done yelling. Lol. Basically, I'm only gonna write when I have time, which, isn't a lot, I'm not gonna lie. I am BUSY. My life has gone INSANE. But, I'll still try to find as much time as I can to write. :3

Any who, this chapter was way too long, and I got sleepy, so I had to cut it into two. The other half of this will be posted... Well, I have no idea when it'll be posted. Just wait for it I guess~ ^-^

Alrighty! That's pretty much it!

Thanks for remaining so faithful to me! I feel so ridiculously blessed and thankful for such amazing readers such as yourself!

S T A Y  A M A Z I N G ~ <3