Guardian Snake~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Uki’s POV~

“Troy, you have two seconds to open this damn door before I kick it down!” I shrieked, banging on the door of my used-to-be bedroom.

“Uki, this snake is trying to eat me!” I heard his muffled voice scream in response, quickly followed by the sound of something heavy falling over and another terrified shriek from Troy.

Oh hell no. He better not be ing destroying my room! He already destroyed the entire dorm after the boys put so much hard work into fixing it, and now he thinks it’s perfectly okay to be destroying my room?! HELL NO, BECAUSE THAT IS MY. ROOM. Getting fed up with the fact that Troy wouldn’t open the door for me, I quickly raised my foot and kicked right at the door handle, a little bit above the doorknob. It took that one simple kick for the lock to pop off and the door to swing open, but the moment the gruesome scene met my eyes, I was almost wishing it hadn’t.

“AHHHH! TROY! WHAT THE DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM?!” I shrieked in both shock and fury.

Everything was a mess! Scattered papers, shredded books, broken picture frames, tousled bed sheets, strewn pillows, broken lamps. I spent my own money for some of this stuff and he completely ruined it! ARGH! I’M GONNA MURDER HIM!

“Uki, save me!” Troy shouted, quickly dashing behind me, grabbing me by the shoulders, and swinging me around to protect him from some unknown force.

“What the—How the—Troy! Let go of me! What in the is wrong with you?!” I screamed, trying my best to reach around and shove his hands off me, but he wouldn’t budge. His grip simply tightened on my shoulders and before I could question him further, a giant thing flew past my head and straight at Troy, causing him to scream and flail his arms about wildly. I spun on my heel, trying to figure out what the hell was going on, but I realized in an instant that it was Victory attacking Troy.

“You stupid damned snake!” Troy shouted, grabbing Victory by the neck and literally throwing him across the room.

“Yah!” I exclaimed, kicking him hard in the shin. He gasped in shock and pain as he fell to the ground, clutching his now injured shin, as I ran toward Victory, shouting, “Don’t you dare treat my poor baby like that! What’d he ever do to you?!”

Troy looked up at me in shock as I carefully picked Victory up, wrapping him around my shoulders and gingerly caressed his head. He calmly hissed in approval, causing Troy to sputter nonsense things to me.

“Troy, what the is going on?! I leave you home alone for one day and I come back to this?! And now I find out that you’re throwing my poor, innocent baby around?! What the hell’s the matter with you?!” I shouted at Troy in anger.

Me?! What the hell’s the matter with me?! Did you not see that demonic snake try and eat my face a moment ago?!” Troy screamed in response.

“Tch. Victory’s a python. They don’t eat peoples’ faces,” I answered nonchalantly.

He sputtered incoherent things to me for a moment before he yelled, “That’s all you have to say?! He’s been attacking me all day and night and all you have to say to me is that he doesn’t ‘eat peoples’ faces’?! What the hell’s the matter with you?!

Me?! You wanna know what the hell’s the matter with me?! Alright, I’ll tell you! I’ve been up all night long fighting some stupid case that was never supposed to be in existence to begin with, facing an annoying lawyer, an annoying lady, and an annoying case, just to prove what I’ve been saying all along! And then on top of that, I come home—after a night of no sleep whatsoever—to find my house in shambles thanks to the idiot that I let stay here all because he was scared of a tiny little snake! GRAH! I’M SO PISSED OFF AT YOU, I HAVE HALF A MIND TO KICK YOU OUT ON THE SPOT!”

“Do it! Oh please, Uki, do it! Just kick him out!” a sudden voice yelled.

I looked over Troy’s shoulder to see Alex standing there. Her eyes widened as she said a quick, “Oopsies!” and immediately covered as if she hadn’t said anything to begin with.

“You stay out of this, Alex. This doesn’t concern you!” Troy growled, shooting Alex a cold glare.

“Yah!” I exclaimed, smacking him upside the head. “Don’t you dare talk to Alex that way!”

“Hey! Don’t hit me!” Troy shouted, grabbing my wrist tightly and spinning around so he was staring me straight in the face.

“Or you’ll what?” I asked, narrowing my eyes in a challenging manner. “Are you gonna hit me? Is that what you’re gonna do?”

“Don’t challenge me, Uki,” he said between his teeth, his grip tightening painfully on my wrist while the glare in his eyes seemed to drop another ten degrees in temperature.

“Oh, ho, so you are planning to hit me?” I asked, a sarcastic smirk on my face. I made an effort not to let the pain from him grasping my wrist so tightly show on my face as I said, “Then do it. I’d like to see you try and hit me and still make it outta this dorm alive, ‘cause I assure you, my brother and my boyfriend have been waiting forever to knock the outta you, and the only thing that’s standing in their way of doing so, is me telling them not to. So are you gonna be stupid enough to hit the only thing that’s saving your skin right now?”

“Uki…” Alex’s soft voice trailed.

“Stay out of this, Alex!” Troy yelled.

“I said don’t talk to her like that!” I yelled, smacking him across the face with my free hand.

Victory had fallen off my shoulders at this point as Troy’s eyes widened in shock and anger.

“You dare hit me?! You dare lay a finger on me?!” he yelled, grabbing my other wrist while I began fighting against him.

“Troy, let go! Don’t you dare revert back to your old ways, or I swear I’ll never forgive you again!” I yelled as his grips tightened on my wrists despite my futile attempts at breaking them.

“You’re the one who came in here starting everything!” he yelled, shoving me backwards. I let out a little scream as I fell back, my back landing against the bed with him hovering on top of me, pinning my arms above my head. I vaguely saw Alex’s panic-stricken form standing there in the doorway, staring at me with widened eyes full of fear. Alex, look away. Look away, please, dear God, look away! “That’s how things always happen between us! You always come back from your perfect lifestyle and start with me! Even when we first started going out! You always had to start something with me!”

“I’ve never started anything with you and you know it!” I screamed back, struggling to throw him off me, but that obviously wasn’t happening. “It always you who threw the first punch! You who threw the first insult! It was always you who started everything!

He hit me across the face, causing me to gasp at the sudden stinging sensation that quickly blossomed in the left side of my face. I grit my teeth against the pain, tempted to spit in his face in my undeniable anger. My hand wasn’t freed for long, though, seeing as how he quickly restrained it once more. Goddamn it, where is everybody?! Why can’t they hear all this yelling?!

“You think you can speak to me in that manner and not expect me to hit you?! You think just ‘cause you survived Vietnam, you’re suddenly invincible?!” he yelled, pushing me further up the bed and managing to straddle my waist. “You are so going to regret leaving me, Uki.”

“Get the off me!” I screamed, which obviously brought Alex back to life from her frozen state as she began screaming, “Siwon! Donghae! Heechul! Somebody!”

She took off sprinting down the hallway, causing Troy to jump up quickly in panic and begin running after her. Aigoo! This was not how I wanted to spend my day after staying up all night fighting a case!

I heard Alex screaming from somewhere outside the room, which quickly made me sprint out the door and down the hallway. I found Troy restraining Alex from running out the door, but I must say that I was quite impressed by the fact that Alex was putting up a legit fight. I looked around the dorm, anger sparking inside me instantly. Where the hell were the guys?! They didn’t trust Troy, and they still decided to leave Alex and me in the dorm all alone with the psychopath?! Uki, it’s all your fault he’s in here in the first place! What the made you think he’d changed at all?! I didn’t allow myself to further dwell on the thought as I ran forward and managed to pull Troy away. Alex slipped a bit but managed to catch herself before falling.

Giving her a serious look, I said, “Alex, go find the guys.”

“I’m not letting you stay here alo—”

“Alex, go find the guys!” I interrupted angrily.

“Uki—”

“ALEX!” I screamed, which caused her to finally nod in agreement and run toward the elevator.

“No!” Troy yelled, attempting to run after her, but I quickly kicked him behind the knees, catching him off guard and making him fall over.

I dashed away from him, trying to lure him as far away from the front door as possible to allow Alex some time to find those idiotic guys, and ended up in Donghae’s room. I didn’t get a chance to lock the door, though, as he quickly threw the door open and legitimately pounced on me. I flew backward once more, landing on the bed with a dull thud, him glaring down at my face angrily.

“I tried changing for you, and what do you do?! Completely take advantage of everything and begin thinking that you can simply walk all over me!” he yelled, switching to pinning my arms down with his knees and forcing my head to look him straight in the eyes with his hands as he leaned down and said, “I love you, Uki. Why can’t we go back to the days of when we were a happy couple?”

“Ha!” I spat harshly, completely immobile from even thrashing at this point seeing as how his weight compared to mine had quite the noticeable difference. “Happy couple. You make me laugh with your total and complete lies. Since when were we a happy couple?! You spent all your days abusing me for no damn reason whatsoever!”

“You always came back home and spoke to me in an unacceptable manner!” he tried justifying, which made me laugh in disgust once more. He growled in anger as he exclaimed, “And you left me! You didn’t even break up with me in person! You broke up with me over a phone call!

“Well what was I supposed to do, Troy?! You cheated on me with my best friend! I couldn’t stay with you after you did that to me, especially taking into account that the two years we spent together consisted of you painting me black and blue every day for almost a year and a half straight!” I shouted in anger.

“Don’t scream at me!” he spat, hitting me across the face once more.

I bit my lip, refusing to show him that he could hurt me. He forced me to look him in the face again, and, staring straight into his eyes, I said through my teeth, “I. Don’t. Belong. To. You. Any. More.”

“Don’t say that!” he shouted, his hands unconsciously slipping down my throat and tightening slightly. “You know you love me, Uki! You and I are meant to be together!”

“I love Donghae! I’m in love with Donghae and nobody else!” I shrieked for the entire freaking world to hear.

He growled in anger and had already raised a fist up when a figure suddenly came out of nowhere and flew into Troy’s side. They both flew over the edge of the bed as someone else yanked me up, closing their arms around me in a tight embrace. I realized from the definition of the abs hidden away underneath the shirt my cheek was pressed against that it was Siwon who was hugging me as if we had been separated for years.

“I’m so sorry,” he kept mumbling, his arms tightening around me. “I’m so sorry I left you alone. I’m so sorry I was stupid enough to leave you here alone. I’m sorry!”

I didn’t say anything, simply hugged him back, waiting for him to calm down by himself. Aigoo, I’ve missed hugging my brother. He and I have been separated far too much lately and I feel as though I haven’t seen him at all during my visit. This is not the way for us to reunite! I don’t wanna reconnect with my big brother through the event of my abusive ex-boyfriend hitting me again! The moment I felt that Siwon had calmed down, I pulled away and smiled slightly in reassurance before turning around to see Donghae in a heated fight with Troy. My eyes widened as I jumped forward before Siwon could restrain me and pulled Donghae away from Troy, hugging him around the waist to try and keep him from flying forward to kill Troy,

“Donghae, don’t,” I said as he kept trying to break out of my grasp.

“Get out of my way, Uki! I’m gonna kill this bastard!” he yelled, almost succeeding in breaking my grasp, but I used the same trick Troy had used on me and pushed him, throwing him off balance. He toppled for a moment before he fell backward and landed on the bed, me lying on top of his chest with his arms—who had thrown themselves around me in an attempt to protect me during the fall I’m assuming—around me.

I looked him straight in the eyes, giving him a pleading look. “Donghae, please don’t do anything to him.”

“He can’t stay here! I’m not letting him stay here any longer!” he yelled, attempting to stand up, but I quickly pushed him back down, keeping my hands on his chest.

“Donghae, please. He has nowhere else to go!” I begged.

“I don’t care! You took him in, giving him a place to stay, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and this is how he repays you?! Uki, don’t you know that if Siwon and I hadn’t come in when we had, he would have you?!” he exclaimed, staring straight into my eyes.

“I would not have her! I love Uki! Why the hell would I hurt her for?!”I heard Troy’s voice shout from somewhere behind me.

Donghae grabbed me by the arm, yanking me up and showing Troy my face, as he shouted, “So I’m assuming that these bruises came from nowhere?! That they just magically popped up on her face?! What the hell is the matter with you?! We took you in, even after all you’ve done to us, and this is how you repay us?! I don’t care if you saved Alex and Uki in the past, but you’re not staying here any longer!”

“Donghae!” I exclaimed, turning and staring him straight in the face. “Please, just give him another night! Another night to at least pack his bags properly and leave here! He has nowhere else to go!”

“Well, he should have thought about that before he tried something stupid with you,” Siwon, who had take up the position of restraining Troy by pinning his arms behind his back, said in a cold voice.

“Guys, please! Just another night is all I’m asking for, and if he doesn’t leave by then, I’ll kick him out myself!” I begged.

“Uki, he hit you! Again! If you don’t stand up to him now, history is simply gonna repeat itself!” Alex shouted at me.

“You don’t understand what it’s like not have a place to go to! And Troy literally has nowhere to go,” I reasoned.

Everyone remained silent and I turned to Donghae, who stood with his arm around my waist protectively and his jaw set in determination, and said, “Donghae, please. He’ll be gone by tomorrow, I promise.”

He was silent for a few more seconds before he sighed and said, “I’m not letting him stay in the dorm while you or Alex are here.”

“Where are we supposed to go?” I asked, blinking at him for a moment.

“I always have Verni. She can take me in for one night,” Alex immediately suggested.

“And you’re coming to stay with me for the night,” Siwon said, his tone of voice leaving no room for argument.

I smiled, giving Donghae a chaste kiss on the lips, and said, “Thank you for doing this for me.”

“You’re lucky you’re here to stop me. I would have killed him otherwise,” Donghae said in a terrifying tone, throwing a cold look in Troy’s direction.

“I’d like to see you try,” Troy responded.

“Troy, that’s enough,” I interrupted, throwing him a cold glare of my own. “You should be thanking the lucky stars that you’re not dead yet, and I advise you not to push your luck by making snarky remarks and annoying responses. Get your bags packed by tonight, and if you’re not outta here by tomorrow morning, I’m calling the police on your , are we clear?”

“Uki, I—”

“I said are we clear?!” I interrupted, my fist immediately clenching in anger.

He ground his teeth for a moment before reluctantly saying through his teeth, “Yes.

“Good,” I said simply.

“Oh, and Troy,” Siwon said in a cold and terrifying voice. “If I ever walk in on something like that again, or if I ever personally witness you hurting my sister again, I swear to you that neither Eric Ryu nor Troy Burchett will continue to exist, do we understand each other?”

Yes,” Troy unwillingly said through his teeth once more.

“Good,” he said, setting Troy free with a slight shove. “Now get out of my sight before I decide to kill you after all.”

He sighed, walking toward the door, before he turned and stared straight at me, saying, “I’m sorry, Uki. I know you’re tired of hearing me say that, and I know you’re probably done believing me when I say that. But… It’s true this time. I’m sorry.”

And that was the last thing he said before he returned to my room and shut what was left of the door.

 

I. Am. In. So. Much. Pain.

T_____________________________________________________T