Oblivious~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Uki’s POV~

I opened my eyes and found myself facing the giant window, bright sunlight streaming in happily. I smiled in content, wincing a bit when I realized that my mouth was still a little sore. I sighed and sat up, stretching my arms high above my head.

“Hey, Dong…Hae?”

I looked around the room, but he was nowhere to be found. That’s kind of…odd. I slowly got up and made my way outside to see everyone sitting at the table, eating…Minus Donghae. What the hell? Leeteuk looked up at me and the smile on his face slowly faded. Gee, thanks. I know I looked like a monstrosity in the mornings, but you didn’t have to be so obvious about it. -__-

“Uki, have you looked in a mirror at all since last night?” Leeteuk asked.

“I know I look disgusting right now, no need to rub it in,” I responded grumpily. “And where’s—”

“Left another note, posted to the fridge,” Siwon interjected.

I turned to the fridge and saw another sheet of notebook paper filled with Donghae’s messy scrawl taped to the handle.

Uki,

Sorry for not being there this morning! My friends are only in town for another two days and I haven’t seen them in seven years! I really hope you understand, and I’m really sorry if I seem like a jerk for leaving you right after the incident that happened last night. I’m sorry!

Don’t worry. I’m going out to pick up my new phone today, and I’ll give you a call right after, arasso?

Saranghae!

-Donghae

I sighed, nodding.

“Fun stuff,” I responded flatly, taping the note back to its original place.

“Excuse me?” Siwon asked. “You mean to tell me that you’re not getting suspicious about all this? His ‘friends,’ Uki? C’mon. He’s never once said one word about any friends of his coming into town and he suddenly disappeared two days in a row to go hang out with them? It doesn’t seem a little weird to you?”

My brows raised at him. “If you’re the only one who thinks this, then—”

“Oh I’m not,” Siwon interrupted me, giving me that matter-of-fact tone that he knew pissed me off like no other. “So you mean to tell me that you haven’t been suspicious of him at all? You’re not worried whatsoever?”

“Of course I’m not worried, because there’s a little thing called trust, and there is plenty of it between Donghae and I,” I replied icily. “And you’re some best friend to sit here and accuse him of cheating on me.”

“He’s done it once before. Who’s to say that he won’t do it again?”

“Alright, that’s it! You think that—Leeteuk, let go of me! I’m gonna kill him for even suggesting a stupid thing like that!” I shouted, fighting against Leeteuk as he dragged me outta the kitchen.

“Uki, calm down!” Leeteuk shouted, throwing me into my room and shutting the door, giving me a half worried/half irritated gaze. “Look, Siwon’s only saying that stuff ‘cause he’s pissed about what Donghae did last night.”

“It wasn’t Donghae’s fault!” I exclaimed angrily. “And besides, there’s not even a mark or anything, so everything’s fine!”

“No mark?! Have you not looked in the mirror at all?!”

He grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me to stand in front of the mirror. My jaw dropped slightly, my hand slowly going to the corner of my mouth. Holy crap, when did Donghae learn to punch so hard?! It wasn’t all that horrible really, just really dark and noticeable against my pale, pale skin. It stretched from the corner of my mouth, down the side of my face, barely grazing my cheek, and down to stop at my chin. Aish. I’m not sure if makeup can cover something this dark.

“Teukie…” I said softly.

“Yes?” he responded quietly.

“Do you think it’s his fault?”

Leeteuk smiled sadly and shook his head. “I don’t blame him for one second. He wasn’t trying to hit you, he was trying to hit Siwon. But like I said. Siwon’s too pissed off at the moment that you got hurt to clearly see what happened. All we needa do is just let him simmer down a bit to allow him to get over the shock of you getting hit and finally think about things logically. Everyone’s a bit pissed, on-edge, and scared, which naturally heightens their tendencies to lash out on everybody around them.”

I smiled slightly. “You always know what to say, Teukie. Even during a ed up situation like this, you still manage to stay calm. And, um…About what Siwon said last night…”

He chuckled slightly, but I could see the hurt light in his eyes, which only heightened my internal turmoil. “It’s okay. I know it was only his anger speaking for him, so I didn’t take it to heart.”

I smiled and nodded. I sat on my bed for a moment, staring at the floor.

“Teukie?” I asked after about a minute of silence.

“Yes?” he responded, walking over to my couch and taking a seat.

“Do you…Do you think he’s cheating on me?” I whispered softly, my head hanging so he couldn’t see my expression.

“You want the honest truth?”

I slowly nodded, bracing myself for the worst.

“Yes.”

It stung.

A lot.

And I know I had asked him to answer me, but…

“No!” I shouted, shooting up and glaring at him for a moment. Then my gaze softened, my voice also dropping a few dynamic levels as I whispered softly, “Donghae would never do that to me.”

“Like Siwon said, Uki,” Leeteuk said, reaching forward and taking hold of one of my hands, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “He’s done it before. And I know that I shouldn’t be quick to judge others, especially if they’re my boys, but…I dunno. Just call it an umma’s intuition. Something just smells a little fishy to me and…I really don’t wanna see you get hurt again.”

I shook my head stubbornly. I refused to believe it. I absolutely refused! He would never do that to me! He’s changed! Donghae’s not the same idiot he was three years ago, he’s changed! Okay, now I even sounded desperate in my own ears. I plopped myself down heavily on my bed, a glum expression on my face. Why wasn’t I angry about this? Why wasn’t I in some pissed off rage? Pft. I know why. Because he’s not doing anything wrong! He’s not cheating on me! There’s no proof of sucha thing happening, and Siwon only said that out of spite! I almost busted out laughing at how paranoid I’d gotten over something that I know would never happen.

“Teukie?” I asked quietly.

“Yes?”

“Am I…Wrong for trusting him as much as I do?” I asked softly, tears falling slowly to my hands that were sitting in my lap.

Leeteuk left his perch on the couch to come and kneel in front of me, wiping my tears away from my cheeks and raising my face to look him in the eyes. He took hold of both my hands and mustered up the most reassuring smile he could manage as he said, “It’s never wrong to trust anybody, Uki, especially if it’s a person you love. But…Sometimes, a little too much trust can lead to a person forgetting why they were so trustworthy in the first place. We’re only humans after all; we slip up and we make mistakes all the time. But there are times when you make the same mistake twice and that’s just completely unforgivable. It’s your decision, Uki. I’m just putting in my own thoughts into it.”

Despite all that nonsense he’d just spewed, I totally understood every single word of it. And my final conclusion is that Donghae has not recently shown to me that he can’t be trusted.

And there’s no way in Hell that I’m changing my mind now.

 

Lol. Sorry it was sucha short and irrelevant chapter. I just felt like I owed you guys a chapter thanks to some ppl *cough* sujudork *cough* threatening asking me for a new chapter. :3

Kekeke~

Oh drama~ What would Uki's life be like without you? Totally boring and pointless, that's what. :3

Oh! And news update on my competition? We got straight ones! Lol. Yes, that's a good thing. This means that all six judges gave us first division ratings, meaning that we got sweepstakes! ^^ Kekeke~

My friend's uploading the vid to YouTube, so I should have a link for you guys by tomorrow if you're interested in watching(: Lol.

Kk~ Now I am sleepy. G'nightt~ Hope you like the chapter! ^^