Older Brothers~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Happy reading!~

Uki’s POV~

It was interesting, seeing Kyuhyun stare James down and James talking to Alex without a clue of what was happening around him. Who could blame him, though? He just got here, he didn’t know there was a thing between Kyuhyun and Alex, and he fell for Alex. I surely can’t blame him. Alex is hot! Every guy should fall for her at one point or another(x

“So James. What’re you studying at Cambridge?” Donghae asked, nonchalantly eating his dinner as if he weren’t sitting there grilling my best friend.

“Would you stop interrogating my best friend? Jeez, this guy,” I said, giving him a playful look.

James laughed and wiped his mouth with a napkin, waving a hand to me. “It’s okay, Uki. I’ve got nothing to hide. But, um, I’m studying biomedical engineering.”

“Dang,” Leeteuk said, giving James a look. “That’s a hard major.”

James shrugged his shoulders. “It’s not too bad. Not when you have someone like Uki helping you through everything.”

“Isn’t Uki studying law?” Kyuhyun asked curtly.

“Well, yes,” James said slowly, not picking up the hint of irritation coming from Kyuhyun. “But she somehow knows about all this stuff as well. She’s like a human textbook.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “It’s not called being a human textbook, it’s called remembering high school. College is such a waste of my time. I learned all this back in, like, my freshman year of high school! Honestly, if Cambridge weren’t paying me to go to school for them, I so wouldn’t be in college right now.”

“Oh yeah, ‘cause Dad would be so happy to hear you say that if you had the choice, you wouldn’t be going for you PhD,” Siwon said, rolling his eyes at me.

“Hey, now, hey, now. I’m sure that if appa knew I would most likely be paying over two hundred thousand dollars to go to college if I didn’t have the scholarship backing me up, he would be on my side about things,” I responded.

“Can we get back to important matters here?” Donghae asked suddenly. When everyone quieted, we all looked at him as he asked, “How old are you?”

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculousness as James laughed and said, “I’m twenty-four.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“October twelfth.”

“Blasphemy!” Donghae exclaimed, suddenly shooting of his chair and pointing at Alex. “He’s older than me even! I refuse to allow you to date him, Alex Lee!”

“What?! Donghae, are you high off of too much sleep or something?! Who said anything about dating him?!” Alex exclaimed, her cheeks turning pink immediately. “I don’t even know the guy! No offense or anything, James, you’re a really cool guy and all, but you can see where I’m coming from, right?”

“Oh no, none taken,” James said quickly, waving his hands dismissively. “And I totally understand what you’re saying. I’ve only known you for a couple hours anyhow. I don’t think I’d really wanna go out with you either. Not saying that you’re un-dateable, ‘cause you totally are!”

“Yah! What’re you playing at here?! Don’t be hitting on my baby sister when I’m sitting right here,” Donghae said, shooting James a death glare.

“Oh would you stop it?” I interrupted, grabbing Donghae’s arm and yanking him back down to his seat. “He’s older than you by three. Days. Get over it.”

“How can I when he’s older than me?!” Donghae asked, giving me a pout.

I took a deep breath. “Can you just stop?”

“No,” he said simply.

I gave him a look to which he responded to by sighing.

“Uki, it’s my job as the protective older brother to make sure no guy hits on Alex, especially if he’s older than me!” he exclaimed.

“Oh, okay, so then Siwon can do the same thing? ‘Cause you’re technically older than him and you’re wayyyyy older than me. So he can do the same thing and say that you can’t be with me anymore?” I asked him.

He opened his mouth but no sound came out. He just sat there blinking at me while everyone was beginning to snicker at his loss for words. He blew out the breath and rolled his eyes, saying, “Fine, fine, I get the picture. Kyuhyun, ask her out.”

Kyuhyun spit his water everywhere, choking on his water and having a coughing fit as Alex jumped to his aide while jerks like Heechul and Eunhyuk—and the rest of Super Junior for that matter. -__- —were too busy laughing to do anything about it. I busted out laughing, unable to control myself at the sight of Kyuhyun freaking out like that. Donghae hit it right on the bull’s eye and what’s even funnier is that he didn’t even realize the undeniable truth behind his words! Oh my goodness, Donghae is just too damn hilarious sometimes(x

“What’s going on?” Donghae asked confusedly, looking around at all the others cracking up.

“C’mon, Donghae. I’ve only been here for a couple hours and even I could tell what was going on,” James said, giving Donghae a look.

“You could?!” Kyuhyun managed between his coughs.

James laughed and said, “Only an idiot wouldn’t have been able to see it. Just figured a little jealousy might spark a little somethin’, somethin’.”

“Ooo, James, when did you get to be sucha devious mastermind?” I asked, giving James a look with a newfound appreciative light in my eyes.

He laughed at me and said, “C’mon, it’s pretty dang obvious. I figured it out at ‘hello.’”

What is going on?!” Donghae exclaimed, his tone taking on one of whining at this point.

I laughed and pinched his cheeks. “D’aww, Donghae, you’re so clueless.”

“Stop that!” Donghae scolded, slapping my hand away. “I just wanna know what’s going on.”

“Aish. Kyuhyun and Alex have the hots for each other!” Heechul stated bluntly.

“WHAT?!” Donghae exclaimed again, shooting out of his chair while everyone was hit by another sudden wave of laughter. Well, everyone except for Kyuhyun and Alex that is, who were both shrinking in their chairs at the embarrassment of our laughter and the intensity of Donghae’s glare. “WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!”

“Aish. Donghae,” I said calmly, pulling him back down once more. “Can we please get through one dinner without you threatening to kill a guy that hits on Alex?”

“We have,” he said, his tone suddenly taking an unexpected turn. “Last night’s dinner, remember?”

I smiled, blushing, and looked away in order to avoid everyone’s teasing gaze.

“D’aww, look at our poor little Uki blushing,” Heechul teased.

“Serves you right,” Alex said with a pouty glare.

“Now, now, none of that,” I said, feeling my cheeks burning as Donghae kept giving me that look of his.

“Oh great. Now he’s sitting here hitting on my baby sister right in front of me,” Siwon said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

I looked at Alex, the both of us sharing an eye roll.

Brothers,” we both said, shaking our heads.

~~~~

After dinner, everyone dispersed to their own rooms, Donghae keeping an extra keen eye over Kyuhyun and Alex, who didn’t even dare look at each other after the horrendous teasing they’d endured all through dinner. Well, at least Alex finally—well, sorta technically—admitted that she was head over heels for Kyuhyun. Bye-bye Hangeng maybe? ^^

“When are you coming to bed?” Donghae asked, giving me a look.

“In a bit. I’m not tired yet,” I responded.

He nodded and kissed me on the cheek, bid me and James goodnight, and headed off to his room. James gave me a look over the rim of his wineglass while I slowly munched on my cracker.

“You guys…Sleep together?” he asked me.

I laughed at his expression and nodded. “But don’t be getting any erted ideas, James. When I say sleep, I literally mean sleep. And the only reason why is because I hate being alone. I mean, I hated it before, but I was willing to tolerate it. Nowadays, after all the crap that’s gone down, I just don’t like it in general.”

“So who do you sleep with back in school? Do you pull Brittane to come sleep with you?” he asked teasingly.

“Hell to the NO,” I responded with a slight laugh. “Donghae stays awake with me on the phone until I fall asleep.”

He smiled at me. “He’s so sweet to you. I think you’ve found yourself the perfect guy.”

I laughed and slowly looked at the salty cracker I had in my hands, nodding. “Yeah, I think so, too. But enough about me. You and Alex?”

He immediately blushed, which was quite rare, which means…

“OH MY GOD, YOU LIKE ALEX!” I exclaimed.

“Shh!” he immediately shushed, jumping forward and covering my mouth.

I laughed and pushed him off, excitedly hitting his arm for the details. “C’mon, c’mon, tell me!”

“Alright, alright, so I think she’s cute. And after talking to her for awhile, trying to make that idiot Kyuhyun ask her out, I think I kinda developed a little crush. Nothing big, nothing major, just a crush. Definitely not something big enough that’ll tear her and Kyuhyun apart since those two are so much in love anyways,” he said, a ridiculous smile on his face.

“D’aww, Jamsie! You’re in love with my baby Alex!” I squealed excitedly.

He rolled his eyes. “I would hardly call her a baby anymore. She’s almost a good two years older than you are!”

“Pfsht. I still take care of her as if she’s my baby. But that’s so beside the point. I thought that you were just being James when you were feeding her and all since you have the tendency to do that a lot, ya’ know, being the sweet and caring guy and all, but I didn’t think you’d actually start crushing on her!”

“Aish, Uki! Like I said, it’s nothing major. No need to go and make a big deal about it. I’ll just leave them be, her and Kyuhyun I mean. I did my part. I finally got them together, so I feel accomplished.”

I laughed at this statement, throwing myself back against the couch and taking a content sigh. “You should feel accomplished. You managed to do something that not even I could complete in the six months that I’d been here.”

No,” he said, his tone dripping in sarcasm and taking on a condescending edge. “The Almighty Uki couldn’t get Kyuhyun and Alex together? I’m shocked!”

“Hey, now, let’s not be irritating,” I said with a laugh. “Goodness. I still can’t believe that you’re crushing on Alex. It’s just too cute to let go!”

“Aish. Just stop, alright? I don’t wanna be the center of problems between the two of them, so let’s just not go there. If anything happens, I’m holding you personally responsible.”

I exhaled a deep breath. “Fine, fine. Ruining all the fun.”

He laughed and looked at me. “So. You think I’m hot?”

I smiled at the words I’d yelled at Donghae to get him outta bed earlier and gave him a look. “Well duh. You look like every single hot Korean pop star morphed into one. What girl wouldn’t think you’re hot?”

He laughed and downed the rest of his wine, setting the glass down on the coffee table carefully. “Well thank you. For what it’s worth, you’re pretty hot yourself.”

I laughed at him and reached for another cracker from the opened package on the coffee table, offering him one. Taking it from me, I told him, “Well, thank you. We’re just a couple of hot best friends, aren’t we?”

He laughed and shook his head. “You’re ridiculous.” He paused for a moment, nibbling on his cracker and then looked at me. “So, um…Did you figure out who it was that trashed your room?”

I polished off my cracker and brushed my hands off to the side to be rid of any crumbs, shaking my head slowly. “Nope. And quite frankly, I don’t wanna find out at this point. If it was just some freak accident, then okay. But if whoever did it actually is going to stalk me to Seoul, then that’s when I’m gonna get pissed off and that’s when we’re gonna have a little problem.”

James chewed his lip thoughtfully for a moment, eating the last of his cracker and looked at me. “Do you have any idea of who it could possibly be?”

“Oh I have plenty of ideas on who it could possibly be. I’ve made quite a good sum of enemies during my lifetime,” I said with a dry laugh, “including the chairman of SM Entertainment.”

James gave me a look and shook his head slightly. “You sure do run into some odd people, don’t you, Uki?”

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. “Ehh. He and I never got along and I don’t think we’ll ever get along. But I highly doubt he’d fly all the way to England and trash my room simply to spite me.”

James laughed at this ridiculous suggestion, causing me to laugh along with him. After we finished off the pack of crackers on the coffee table, I went into the kitchen and grabbed another pack, grabbing two cans of Dr. Pepper—I swear to you, I am seriously ADDICTED to this stuff. o.e—on my way out. Sitting back down on the couch, James and I continued talking for about an hour before we looked at the clock and realized it was verging on midnight. James took this as his cue to leave and stood up, stretching his arms high and yawning.

“I think it’s time for me to leave,” he said, running a hand through his shaggy black hair.

“If you’re too tired to drive, you can crash here,” I offered, cleaning up the crumbs from the coffee table. “We have an extra room if you want.”

“Nahh, I think I’ll be fine. My aunt needs the car in the morning to drive to work anyhow,” James politely declined. “Anyway, I’ll see you later, Uki. Call me up sometime and I’ll definitely take you to see my grandma. She’s been dying to meet you ever since I told her about meeting a cute Korean girl in college.”

I laughed and nodded at him. “Yeah, sure thing. But I might be busy coming up soon since the boys’ schedules are about to go hormonally crazy.”

James laughed at my choice of words and said, “Well, we’ll make time eventually. Thanks for dinner. It was really great.”

Walking him to the door and grabbing his jacket for him from the coat rack, I nodded and smiled at him as he bent to put his shoes on. “No problem. It was a pleasure having you over.”

“Oh gosh, now we sound like a couple of white people at one of those dinners that neither of the parties wanna be at,” James said, rolling his eyes.

I laughed. “You’re right. Let’s never do that again.”

He smiled and leaned in, giving me a friendly kiss on the cheek. “Bye, Uki. I’ll see you tomorrow maybe?”

“Maybe,” I said with a smile and a nod.

Just as we were about to open the door for him to leave, there was a knock. James gave me a suspicious and confused look to which I responded by giving him the same look.

“Were you…Expecting someone at this time?” he asked me slowly.

“No…”

Slowly and cautiously, I opened the door and my eyes widened instantly as my stomach caved in on itself and my heart shattered, all the pieces being up by the black hole that now replaced my stomach.

“Uki, I’m so sorry about bothering you at sucha late time without calling ahead of time, but this is an emergency.”

Craaaaap.

 

Well, who in the world could that be?(x

Oh, and if anyone can find me an online copy for the sheet music of Don't Don, I swear to you I will play it for my competition and you guys will be the first to see the video of it. ;D

Gah! Donghae and Siwon!<3<3