I’m ing Uki Seohae Choi~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

GD’s POV~

The look on Uki’s face going into the meeting inside the office scared the crap outta me, I’m not gonna lie. She seriously looked as though she could ruthlessly tear someone apart and feel no remorse for it later on. I mean, I don’t really blame her, since that mother was an annoying and all, but man! In all the years I’ve known Uki, not once have I seen quite that terrifying of an expression on her face. She gave off that aura of not caring what happens in there, just so long as she comes out on top in the end, and I seriously had a bad feeling for the others sitting in that room with her the moment she shut the door and began walking toward one of the chairs opposite the four other people inside.

“I feel like a coward for making her do this,” I heard Daesung murmur quietly beside me.

“Daesung, you are not a coward, do you understand me?” I asked, giving him an intense look. “Uki’s a lawyer. This is what she does.”

“And you’re not making her do anything,” Siwon threw in. “Uki’s quite the stubborn girl, and whether or not you would have given her permission to defend you, I highly doubt she would have listened anyway. She’s too passionate about these things. She would have found a way to be in that room no matter what.”

“Hyung’s right,” I said, throwing my arm around his slouched shoulders. “You know how Uki gets.”

“I know, but… Ugh! I just wish there was no rain tonight! If it had been just a clear night, none of this would have happened!” he exclaimed, immediately shooting up from the bench and beginning to pace about agitatedly.

“Is that what caused the crash? The rain?” Taeyang asked in disbelief.

“It was raining really hard and surprisingly enough, there were a bunch of cars on the roads tonight. I couldn’t really see thanks to the stupid windshield wipers epically failing on me, and next thing I know, I end up swerving to miss another car and ended up running into the taxi instead. Ugh. I feel like an idiot,” Daesung explained, running his hands through his hair.

“You are,” TOP said blatantly, his usual thoughtful look on his face again. “You’re never allowed near the car again if there’s rain outside, do you understand me? If I find you so much as touching the keys, I will kill you.”

“Hyung, really?” I asked, rolling my eyes at him.

“What? I can already tell that’s what Uki is gonna say when she’s finished with this whole fiasco,” he replied flippantly, leaning back against the bench and resting his folded hands on his stomach. “And besides. If I didn’t say it, and Uki wouldn’t have said it, I know for a damn fact that you would have said it. Am I right?”

The tips of my ears turned pink as I mumbled, “Maybe…”

“Figured as much,” he stated with a satisfied smirk.

“Oh my God, there’s about to be a throw down between that woman and Uki!” Seungri suddenly exclaimed, sounding all excited again.

“My money’s on Uki!” about half the guys in the hallway yelled.

I turned my attention to the scene unfolding before me inside the room, and sure enough, there was Uki leaning over the table, her face literally an inch away from the woman’s, while both of them were screaming probably at the top of their lungs. I was suddenly grateful for the thick glass barrier between us and them, for I’m pretty damn sure that their vocabulary being used in there was none too nice. I almost busted out laughing when Uki rolled her eyes at whatever the woman said and began pounding her fists on the table as if to emphasize whatever it was she was saying. The woman’s face twisted into an enraged mask before she nearly flew over the table, trying to claw at Uki, and I’d like to say that she probably would have been successful in doing so had it not been for her husband desperately holding her back while the taxi driver and the lawyer was playing peacekeeper and trying to mediate the intense fight.

“This is, like, pure entertainment. I’m not quite sure where else you can go to see sucha good show!” I heard Kikwang exclaim with a laugh.

“I hope Uki remains clearheaded about all this,” I heard Siwon murmur quietly beside me. I looked to my right to see him standing there, his chin in a pensive manner, while keeping his attention focused on Uki now standing up and pacing around the room.

“Whatta you mean?” I asked quietly, fearing what his answer was gonna be.

“Uki’s a passionate girl. And although she’s as smart as they come, she doesn’t always think with her brain, and at times, she lets her heart take over. And right now, her heart is telling her she can’t win this. So eventually, her brain is gonna begin thinking the same thing,” Siwon explained.

I didn’t wanna believe his words when he was telling me these things, but I really don’t think I had the choice seeing as how he was her real brother after all. If anyone knew Uki, it’d be him, no doubt about it.

“I believe in Uki. All she has to do is quit telling herself she’s gonna lose this and she’ll be fine,” Donghae stated determinedly.

“By the looks of things, I don’t think it’s gonna be that simple,” Alex chimed in, a worried tone layering her words.

“Can someone please pull her outta there and talk some sense into her before she completely breaks down in there?” Hyun Seok-sshi asked, his gaze fixed on Uki’s form intensely running her hands through her hair while the lawyer kept talking and talking. I realized that the more the lawyer kept talking, the more sickly and terrified Uki’s expression became.   

“We can’t go in there. It’s the middle of a meeting!” Alex argued.

I gulped slightly in fear when I saw a troubled look completely take over Uki’s features as a smug one continued taking over the lawyer’s.

“Someone get her outta there!” I exclaimed.

“No! She can handle this! Just keep believing in her!” Donghae stubbornly argued.

I saw Uki step off to the side for a moment, her hands in her hair that she had previously let down, and simply stood there. Her head was hanging, her eyes were closed, while I saw one of her hands go up to her necklace. Everyone stayed still with bated breath, anxiously staring at Uki to see what she would do next, as she simply stood there quietly. Then, slowly turning to look at us, I could see that determined light back in her eyes as she firmly held onto her necklace before turning around to face the lawyer again.

Everyone gave a breath of relief as Donghae said, “Well, better get comfortable, boys. It’s gonna be a long night.”

~~~~

“How long has it been?” Seungri murmured sleepily, straightening himself and rubbing his eyes.

“Long enough for the receptionist that was on duty when we first got here to leave and for them to bring in a new one,” I responded, my last few words becoming engulfed in a yawn.

I leaned forward a bit to get a good idea of who all was still awake, which wasn’t much. All the Beast boys save for Doojoon were all asleep, heads resting on each other’s shoulders, while all the Super Junior members save for Donghae and Siwon were also asleep, some sleeping in others’ laps. I yawned again. I’m not quite sure how long I’d been sitting on this bench, but my back was beginning to ache. Standing up slowly, I began stretching out my back, hearing satisfied pops when my bones resettled comfortably. Uki was now speaking to the taxi driver one-on-one, already having her one-on-one sessions with the wife and husband earlier on into the night. Trust me. It was not a pretty sight to see when she was left alone with only the wife. The husband and Donghae had to sprint in there real quick to pry them apart before any serious damage was done. The lawyer, meanwhile, had managed to pass out somewhere, completely ignoring his duties as a good lawyer, while the wife walked past us with her nose held high and a smug smirk on her face. Shooting Daesung a nasty glare, she said in a snide voice that seriously made me have thoughts of decking her, “Pack up and get ready to leave. She failed you. Have fun in jail… Monster.

“Don’t talk to him like that!” I growled, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists. This lady was seriously pushing it.

Her gaze flickered over to me and didn’t so much as waver as she said, “Why not? I think I reserve every right to speak to him in whatever way I wish. He killed my son. And now? Now justice is served and he goes to jail.

I realize that, that was the second time she’s said that now, but it’s just now starting to sink in.

“Wh-what?” I asked softly, not wanting to believe her.

“You heard me. She failed you. Failed,” the woman responded with a vicious smirk seemingly glued to her face. Her smirk grew wider as Uki walked sullenly out of the room, the taxi driver behind her, a defeated aura emanating from her being with a random manila folder under her arm.

No.

No…

No, this can’t be happening. This can’t be happening!

“And this is what happens when you let a child play a grownup’s game. You end up getting burned in the end. Face it sweetie. Was there really any chance of you winning to begin with?”

“Don’t you dare speak to my sister like that,” Siwon said between his teeth, also clenching his fists in anger.

The woman scoffed in response, rolling her eyes. “Wake up! You guys are letting a child decide the future of this monster?! If anything, you guys are almost as stupid as she—”

SMACK.

I almost busted out laughing when the woman’s hand flew to her face and her jaw dropped in shock as Uki simply stood there, examining her nails as if nothing had happened. Looking up into the woman’s face, Uki’s expression seemed to drop a few more degrees in temperature as she said, “Don’t you ever speak to my brother that way again, do you understand me? You may be older than me, but I sure as hell am not going to respect someone who has no respect for me. You think you won this? You think I’m giving up? Hell no. I’m ing Uki Seohae Choi, and I’m not sure if you know this quite yet, but I don’t give up. Daesung will not be going to jail, not if I can help it, and you better ing believe that I’ll continue giving you hell until I win. So congratulations. You won the battle, but don’t even believe for one minute that you’ve won the war.”

“You disrespectful little troll! You dare speak to me like that?! You dare act as thou—”

“Um, excuse me?” a meek voice interrupted the woman’s totally invalid tirade.

All eyes—you didn’t really expect for everyone to remain asleep after this woman’s shrill, rat-like voice, did you now?—snapped toward the young woman standing behind the annoying woman’s tall frame. I was guessing that she was the receptionist since she was dressed in slacks and a loose blouse, but what really gave it away was the manila envelope she had in her hands, the big rectangular kind, like the ones you would send a certificate in or something. Her expression was one of nervousness while she kept swallowing anxiously, as if she held the secret of the universe in that envelope.

“What do you want?” the wife snapped.

“I-is one of you here a Miss Choi?” the young woman continued in a nervous tone.

“Yes, dear, that’s me,” Uki replied in a tired voice. I felt bad for her when I saw the bags under her eyes and the intense fire from earlier nearly dead in her exhausted eyes, all due to us. She was worrying herself way too much over us, but you have no idea just how much I was thankful for her.

“Th-this just came for you. Sorry it took so long to get it to you. We, um… We had to get permission to get it to you first,” she continued, extending the envelope out to Uki.

Uki sighed, taking it and looking at it with curious eyes. She looked back to the young woman and asked, “What is this?”

“I’m… I’m not really entitled to say. The only people who have the right to know are you and the other lawyer,” the receptionist responded.

With furrowed brows, Uki shook her head and said, “I think I’m done for tonight. Tell your lawyer to find me before you guys leave to set up another appointment. I’m—”

“Miss Choi,” the young woman interrupted bravely.

Uki cocked an eyebrow at her. “Yes?”

Please. Open it,” she insisted, her eyes holding a pleading light.

Uki sighed again, flipping the envelope over in her hands as she pulled the metal brackets up and opened the flap of paper sealing whatever document was inside. Pulling it out, she blinked for a moment before her eyes began scanning the content of the document. Everyone around her watched in anxious anticipation as her eyes began moving faster and faster across the document, a smile slowly spreading across her lips. Letting out a little scream of joy, she threw her arms around the receptionist, repeatedly shouting “Thank you!” in a happy tone. She then tore away from the receptionist with a smile and turned to Daesung, also throwing her arms around him, exclaiming happily, “I’m so proud of you! I’m so ridiculously proud of you! Gahh!”

“Uki, what’s going on?!” I asked, but she ignored me and instead went running down the hallway in search of that good-for-nothing lawyer.

“What the hell just happened?!” I exclaimed, turning to everyone for some sort of answer.

“She just won the case, that’s what happened,” the receptionist responded quietly with a smile.

“Ha! Read it and weep! I. Win!” I heard Uki’s voice screaming down the hallway in victory.

“What?! No! No! I had this! This case was mine! How did you get this?!” the lawyer’s voice asked in an enraged tone.

“Unlike you, I thought ahead and requested this when I first got here! Don’t you remember? Don’t you remember when I asked for every record involved with this crash? Coupled with his driving records and the taxi driver’s story, he’s free! Ha! I win!” Uki responded joyously.

“WHAT DID YOU GIVE HER?!” the woman screamed viciously, grabbing the receptionist by the shoulders and shaking her hard.

“I-I can’t t-tell y-you!” the receptionist stammered in a frightened tone.

The woman growled in anger and had already raised her hand to smack the receptionist when Alex stepped forward and grabbed the woman’s wrist. Throwing it down brusquely, Alex pulled the receptionist out of the woman’s grasps and said, “I suggest you not lay a hand on her again lest you wish to get smacked yourself. I’m tired, I’m pissed, and I’m pretty much drained of any and all energy, meaning that my patience level is running very thin at the moment, and unless you want me to be ten times scary than Uki is when she’s mad, I suggest you stop.

“You dare spe—”

“Honey! That’s enough. You’re gonna make yourself a whole lotta enemies if you keep going on like this,” her husband finally interrupted her.

Goddamn, man, it took you that long to finally say something to her? Before the wife could respond, though, Uki skipped happily toward us, a huge smile on her face, waving the envelope in the air as a victorious gesture.

“Guess who just won her first ever case~” she sang happily.

“What happened? What is that?” I asked, gesturing to the envelope in her hands.

“This, my dear Jiyong, just so happens to be Daesung’s results for the alcohol test,” Uki responded in a simple tone. Smiling even brighter, she continued with, “Which came back totally and completely negative.

Everyone immediately burst into cheers, pouncing on the stunned Daesung, who, was sitting as still as a rock with an astonished look on his face. I did laugh at the sight of his jaw nearly on the floor while all the other hyungs piled on top of us, congratulating both him and us and Uki. The wife screamed in anger, shouting out random things that I didn’t feel like paying attention to. Daesung was safe! He was freaking safe, and that’s all that matters!

“How did this happen?! I thought you said you were the best lawyer in Seoul! How could you lose to a child?!” I heard the woman shrieking in the background.

“That… That is not a child. That… Is an adult stuck in a child’s body,” the lawyer murmured in annoyance and defeat.

Uki, all smiles at this point, simply grinned brightly at the lawyer and said, “Oh, I’m sorry. Were you expecting to win? Yeah, no. I’m ing Uki Seohae Choi. And I don’t lose.”

 

So after deleting this entire chapter despite an entire two days spent working on it, I manged to rewrite it and fix some detachment issues with the original chapter and ended up with THIS. xD

Lol. Ahh, I feel so loopy right now. 'Tis currently 1:09 and I hafta be up by 7 tomorrow for PSAT classes!~ Whoopee! ^-^

Not. -__-

Any who, I'm sleepy, so no super duper long AN.

However, I WILL say that we now have a kick- trailer, all thanks to MusicChibi<3

Also, that other chick took down my story after I threw a couple more fits<3

Oh, and the Mavs ing won their first NBA championship title<3 HELL TO THE ING YES<3

Oh, and you guys should go apply to this<3

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/48211/apply-coincidence-plan-2ne1-2pm-apply-crime-superjunior

Yeah, I'm too sleepy to do the whole linky deal. -.-

Okay, I think I'm done(x

Oh, ONE more issue to address.

There has been a LOT of speculation cirulating lately regarding Uki and Donghae. Alotta you believe with all your hearts that they're gonna break up.

Hmm...

Well, my ONLY response to this that you will get every single time you ask me about it?

You're just gonna hafta wait for the triquel.

>;D

 

<3