Y-E-S: It’s a Single-Syllable Word, Three Simple Letters~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

I think this is a cute chapter. :3 Happy reading!~

Alex’s POV~

Just ‘cause I was sick didn’t mean that I couldn’t see the totally gorgeous man sitting in front of me feeding me Ryeowook’s leftover fried rice. Why is it that Uki knows just about every single hot person in the world?! Totally not fair. T___T I studied James’ profile for a moment as he was talking to Leeteuk about military life. Yes, that’s right. He totally joined the army when he was eighteen. How hot is that, right?! ^^ While he was totally a mash-up of every single hot Korean pop star ever, I was more mesmerized by his eyes. They were the richest color of light brown you’d ever see and just one look totally let you know that he was a nice guy, ready to listen to anything you had to say. His smile was seriously to-die-for and his laugh could have made any girl swoon. But one thing that had me amazed was that he was taller than me! Like…By a lot! I mean, if I were to wear four-inch heels around him, he would still be taller than me! Do you know rare it is for me to find a guy who I can even wear two inch heels around?! It was a miracle, I tell you, a miracle.

His easy personality that put everyone around him at ease was also another thing that attracted me to him. Despite the fact that he’d only been here for about an hour and a half, the way he talked with all the guys and laughed and joked around with them would have had an outsider believing that we were all long-time friends playing catch up. When he smiled, I could tell right away that it was a real smile ‘cause it touched his eyes. His eyes lit up whenever he smiled or laughed, which was a refreshing sight since I was so used to seeing everyone around me smile behind a mask or a façade. His skin was Korean pale, like, almost similar to Heechul’s, but had a little more luster to it. Like I said, he was tall. I think he was pretty neck and neck with Siwon in height. I knew he was sporty due to his sculpted arms and toned physique. But what made me really appreciate him was the fact that he was totally gorgeous and he was totally smart and he was totally gifted at everything he did, yet he never once made a big deal about it. He always remained modest and he never talked about his amazing attributes unless he was directly asked about it.

“Are you okay, Alex? You’ve been kinda quiet,” he said to me, suddenly looking at me, which caused all the other guys to look at me as well.

I smiled nervously and nodded. “Y-yeah, I’m fine. Just a couple things on my mind is all.”

“Mind sharing?” he asked, an amused light dancing in his eyes.

I smiled at this, sure of the fact that my cheeks were blossoming red at the moment. Aish, Uki, where are you?! Speaking of Uki, why did she drag Kyuhyun off? Speaking of Kyuhyun, I haven’t talked to him in awhile. How has he been recently? Wasn’t SJM’s comeback coming up soon? Aish. I’m a fail as a best friend. =.=

“Lee Donghae, you get up this instant! If I have to tell you one more time, I’m making you sleep on the couch tonight!” I heard Uki shouting.

James laughed, a beautiful and melodious sound hitting my ears. Aish…

“I’m supposing that’s Uki?” he asked.

Eunhyuk laughed and said, “You betcha. I swear, those two. They act as if they’re an old married couple.”

“Uki, I don’t wanna get up yet! I’m tired!” I heard Donghae retaliate.

“Tired?! Tired?! You wanna talk to me about being tired?! I have to cook for a household of twelve guys with metabolisms freakier than a sixteen-year-old boy’s and you’re complaining to me about being tired?! Get up right this instant! You slept the entire day away!” Uki yelled, causing all of us to try and hide our laughter. They were the funniest things ever whenever they got into an argument. More entertaining than television I’m telling you. xD

“Uki! Pleeeeeeeease let me sleep?”

“Oh God. Pulling the aegyo card,” I said with a slight laugh, listening intently for what would happen next.

“Don’t even try to pull that with me, Aiden Lee! Get. Up!”

“Why do I have to get up for? I’m not hungry!”

“That’s a total and complete lie! If you don’t eat after all you had to drink last night, you’re gonna get sick! I’m not in the mood to take care of any sick people quite yet, especially when Alex looks like she’s about to pass out at any given moment! Now get up!”

“Aish, Uki! Why do I needa get up for? I can just sleep now and eat tomorrow morning.”

“Knowing you, if you continue to sleep now, you’re never gonna get any sleep tonight and then you’ll be bugging me while I’m trying to sleep, which might result in either me pushing you to Eunhyuk’s room so you can go bother him or me pushing you into Heechul’s room so he can kill you for me. Now get up!”

“No!”

“Hmph.” There was a moment of silence, in which we at the table were all literally falling over each other in our failed attempts to keep your laughter quiet. What was it about Uki chastising Donghae as if she were his wife of twenty years that was just so dang funny? I have no idea, but people should pay them for the comedy(x

“Fine, wanna play that game, Donghae?” I heard Uki’s voice ask smugly. “Alex is out there flirting with my totally hot best friend from Cambridge, who is totally hitting on her at the moment!”

“WHAT?!” I heard Donghae exclaim, followed by the crash of him probably falling to the floor and the bangs of him rushing out the door, possibly running into the walls on his way out. He appeared a moment later in the kitchen doorway, blanket trailing after him and pillows falling on the ground behind him with his hair a mess and nothing but a pair of basketball shorts on. He sent silent death glares at the sight of me and James sitting next to each other, but none of us paid any attention to this. We were all seriously laughing like crazy, unable to control ourselves at the ridiculous sight of Donghae standing there.

“Oh, would you look at that. I got him outta bed,” Uki’s voice said smugly, her tiny frame appearing behind Donghae’s.

“You totally didn’t play fair! Pulling out the Alex card against him,” Eunhyuk said in between his laughs.

“He pulled the aegyo card on me!” Uki replied defensively. “What else was I supposed to do?!” She sniffed at the howling laughter she received and looked up at Donghae to avoid the look we were all giving her I’m sure. “Donghae, this is James Park, one of my really good friends from Cambridge. He came out to Seoul to visit his grandma and came by to visit me as well. James, this is Lee Donghae, my ridiculous dork of a boyfriend.”

“Hey!” Donghae exclaimed, pouting at her.

Uki laughed and kissed him on the lips, pushing him toward the hallway. “Go shower! You still smell like liquor! And take those sheets and pillows back to the room. Alex just washed those for goodness’ sake!”

Donghae pouted again and obeyed, quietly picking everything up and turning to go back to his room. Before he left, though, he turned and gave James a look. “Don’t think you’ve gotten off the hook quite yet. When I’m done, we are soooooo having a talk. You stay away from my baby sister!”

“Yah! Go take a shower and leave the threats to me!” Uki said, giving him a playful glare.

Donghae grumbled something under his breath and walked away.

“Uki! How can you totally just use me like that?!” I exclaimed at her, giving her a pouty glare.

She laughed at me and said, “Mianhe, Alex. But I didn’t feel like being kept up all night just because he was all hyper for sleeping all day. Anyway, if you all would be nice enough to help me set the table, I think we can get started with dinner.”

“Wait! Where’s Kyuhyun?” I asked.

Uki smirked at me, a dangerously knowing look in her eyes. “Why don’t you go get him, Alex? He’s in my room I believe. Either that, or he’s in his.”

I tilted my head at her in suspicion, but she simply turned and grabbed a stack of plates, handing them to the boys and directing them on what they needed to do. I sighed in defeat when she refused to tell me what was going on and stood, walking toward Uki’s room. Opening the door, I came face to face with Kyuhyun pacing around inside.

“Hey,” I said quietly, shutting the door behind me as I walked in.

I obviously startled him seeing as how he jumped slightly before turning around and looking at me. He let out a breath of relief and smiled.

“Hey,” he responded.

I plopped down in Uki’s computer chair, spinning around so I was facing him. “You kinda disappeared after Uki practically manhandled out outta the kitchen. What was that all about?”

He laughed slightly and sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at me. I spun around so I was facing him again, giving him a look that obviously said I wanted to know what was going on.

“We just had to talk about some things,” he said, shrugging his shoulders as if it were no big deal.

“Ooo,” I said, sudden interest spiking inside me as I leaned forward and rested my elbows on my knees, my chin on my fists. “What kinda things?”

He laughed at me and shook his head. “Oh, business things.”

“Oh. Pfsht.” Disappointment filled me as I straightened myself in the chair. “Well that’s no fun. Anyway, c’mon. We’re about to eat.”

“Wait,” he said, reaching up and grabbing my wrist before I could walk away. I turned and gave him a look, sitting back down slowly as he began to speak, not letting go of my wrist as he did so. “Do you like James?”

My brows shot up instantly. “What?”

“Do you like James?” he repeated simply.

“Kyuhyun, what’re you getting at? I just met the guy and all I know about him is that he’s freakishly smart like Uki and he’s a good friend of Uki’s from college. How in the world could I possibly like him?” I scoffed, rolling my eyes at his ridiculous assumption. Then a smirk crept on my lips as I said, “Cho Kyuhyun, are you jealous?

“What?!” he asked, the tips of his ears already turning pink, an obvious dead giveaway of what the true answer was. “Don’t be ridiculous Alex. I barely know the guy well enough to make an actual judgment let alone be jealous of him.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Well, I can say the same thing. But I dunno. He’s a really nice guy and pretty cool once you get to know him. I dunno. We’ll see what happens I suppose.”

His eyes widened at this and I could see the calculating look on his face. I could practically see the gears turning in his head, contemplating an obviously tough decision, a torn look on his face. What the hell was going on? Finally, he took a deep breath and quickly asked in that single air of breath he’d taken, “Doyouwannagooutonadatewithme?”

“Bwoh?” I asked, not understanding his gibberish.

“I said…Do you wanna gooutonadatewithme?”

“Yah! Kyuhyun! ENUNCIATE.”

“I SAID DO YOU WANNA GO OUT ON A DATE WITH ME?!”

I blinked at him. I wasn’t sure whether I should laugh ‘cause he was trying to be funny or totally spazz out ‘cause he was trying to be serious. I could see his eyes widening into round circles, his face draining of all color as his ears began burning an intense shade of red. Oh my good lord Jesus, he was being serious! Oh mah ghad, oh mah ghad, oh mah ghad, oh mah ghad! WHAT DO I DO?! Do I say yes?! Do I say no?! Will Donghae kill him? What do I wear?! Where is he taking me?! Aish. YOU HAVEN’T EVEN ANSWERED HIM YET, BABO!

“Well…?” Kyuhyun asked, letting his words trail off.

“Um…Erm…”

-Are you freaking kidding me, Alex?! You spent all this time stressing out over this guy for the past year and a half and now that he finally asks you out, you totally chicken out on him?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! MAN UP ALREADY! JUST SAY YES!-

“Um…”

-Y.

E.

S.

It’s only a single-syllable word, three simple letters. Spell it out if you have to, just freaking say yes!-

“Well…”

-JUST.

SAY.

YES!-

“Sure,” I finally said with a smile.

-…

You freaking choose the more difficult word over a simple yes?! =___= You’re freaking ridiculous, Alex Lee.-

He smiled widely, throwing his arms around my neck and hugging me tightly. I laughed and hugged him back, not saying a word. So, we’re finally doing this? Like…For real? I never thought it would happen. I never thought this guy would finally work up the nerve to ask me out on a date.

Kyuhyun’s POV~

James: 0

Kyuhyun: 1

Hell yeah.

 

Kekeke. Kyulex fans? Happy?(x

Lol. Well, of course, as you all well know, this only opens the door for opportunities at some major, major plot twists in the future. And now, it's just a matter of figuring out those plot twists. xD But I do have a really good twist in mind for Donghae and Uki and I can't wait 'till I get to type that part up! ^^

Lol. Anyway, I feel as though this story has been really boring lately. Am I the only one who thinks this? I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I feel as though I had more supporters and more love for Emotional Roller Coaster. Ehh. We'll see how this one pans out. :3

FIGHTING!~

Oh yeah! And I have a solo violin competition coming up in less than a month and I haven't picked a piece yet! Is it time for freaking out? I think so! ><" Kekeke~