Uncertainty~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Siwon’s POV~

*Ring, ring*

“Mmmm~”

*Ring, ring*

“Go awayy~”

*Ring, ri—*

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”

“S-Siwon?”

I sighed, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. “Mianhae, Alex. What’s going on? Why are you calling me at—” I looked at the clock on my bedside table and sighed again, “—three thirty in the morning?”

“U-Uki,” she stammered, sounding as though she were on the verge of tears.

My eyes widened as I quickly shot out of bed, stumbling toward my closet to grab a random shirt to put on.

I had a feeling that I was gonna hafta go somewhere.

“What about Uki?! What’s going on?! Alex, answer me!” I quickly shouted into the phone.

“She’s in the hospital!” Alex cried, tears lining every syllable. “Leeteuk just called us and told us that she has alcohol poisoning! Siwon, please, hurry and get to the dorms! We’re about to head out to see her now!”

“I’ll be right there,” I said immediately, grabbing a random T-shirt and a pair of sweats, hastily throwing them on as I hung up on Alex.

I ran a hand through my hair, hoping for the best, as I slipped on a pair of socks. I didn’t even bother brushing my teeth as I quickly grabbed a jacket and headed out the front door.

I needed to go see my baby sister.

Stepping into the elevator, I pounded on the button labeled with a black number one, impatiently sighing as the doors slowly slid shut. Aish. In the hospital again? Alcohol poisoning? This was just all too much! Why is it that every time Uki comes to visit me, she can never stay outta the hospital?! Urgh! I’m a fail as an older brother! I shut my eyes, fighting the urge to punch the metal walls, as the elevator doors opened with a *ding!*

“Oh shut up,” I muttered, running toward the front door and hailing for a cab.

.

Just realized that there was seriously a slim chance of me catching a cab at this time of night. Ugh! I didn’t even waste any time thinking about it as I turned toward the direction of the dorms and took off sprinting, my steps muffled by my thick socks hitting against the cold concrete every time my feet came into contact with the ground. Oh great. So now my brain is so frazzled I forget to wear my shoes as well. I shook my head, focusing on getting to the dorms without getting mobbed in the process. Wait a minute, what am I thinking? Of course I wasn’t gonna get mobbed! It’s three thirty in the morning! Ahh, silly Siwon~ You actually thought—

“OH MY GOD, IT’S CHOI SIWON!”

“Crap…”

I ran even faster, trying my best to avoid the fifteen or so girls running after me. What in the world were they doing out here at this time of night?! Don’t they know that the streets of Seoul are dangerous at this time?! Aish, idiotic girls! I nearly tripped but quickly caught and steadied myself again as I kept running. Oh my goodness, the dorms were right there! I was so dang close! But these girls! I snuck a peek behind me to see if they were still running after me. They were, but I could see that they were quickly becoming breathless and tired. Alright, so if I just kept them running for a little while longer, they’d—

“Oppa, why do you run from us?! We love you, oppa!” one of them shouted at me.

I glanced over my shoulder again to see that they had stopped, some bent over with their hands on their knees while others were leaning on each other or against a wall in an attempt to catch their breaths. I smiled, chuckling quietly to myself. Thank God I spent so much of my time in the gym~

Once I was right in front of the steps to the dorm, I quickly sprinted forward, throwing the door open. Luckily, everyone thought ahead and was already down in the lobby waiting for me, so all we had to do was go out to the garage and pile into the van. I took up the position of driving since everyone else looked as though they were about to crash at any given moment.

“D-do any of you know what happened?” I asked quietly, keeping my eyes fixated on the road ahead of me while making sure that I wasn’t going over the speed limit.

“All Leeteuk told us was that she has alcohol poisoning,” Alex replied quietly, her gaze directed toward her hands lying in her lap.

“I bet you anything he did it on purpose,” someone’s voice spat heatedly in the background.

I looked up in the rearview mirror to see everyone staring at Donghae’s angry form. Although his face was a calm mask, his true feelings were given away by his clenched jaw and slightly shaking fists. He refused to look at any of us, keeping his gaze toward the window.

“Why would you say a thing like that for?” Alex asked, turning and giving her brother a fierce look. “It’s Leeteuk we’re talking about here. He would never do sucha thing! And we all know that Uki isn’t exactly innocent when it comes to a certain someone named Vodka and Patrón.”

“Why are you defending him for?” Donghae asked coldly, still refusing to look at us. “He’s a dirty liar who refuses to move on and find himself a girl more suitable for someone his age.”

“I’m not defending him,” Alex said gently. “It’s just that we don’t know the full story. We can’t go around making assumptions like that. If I know anything at all, it’s that someone like Park Jungsu would never do something like this.”

“If I know anything, it’s that Park Jungsu is a creeper who needs to move on from his crush and find a girl his age.”

“Lee Donghae, that’s enough!” I interjected, keeping my gaze fixated on the road before me. I heard everyone immediately still themselves, flipping their gazes to my angry back. “I’m not taking any sides here simply because I know that Uki isn’t the most innocent person when it comes to drinking, but you have no right to make such dirty assumptions about Leeteuk. You’ve known him longer than you’ve known Uki, and although you love her oh so much, you’ve got to remember that Leeteuk is practically your brother. Who took care of you and watched over you when your dad died, huh? Who did your dad personally go to right before he died to ask to take care of you? Who did your dad trust enough to ask to watch over you? Who cared about you enough to make sure you were okay and staying outta trouble? Donghae, you seem to forget about these things all too soon.”

I didn’t expect for him to respond, so when he stayed quiet, I also remained quiet. Nobody else said anything the rest of the way there, but the moment I drove up in front of the ER, I saw the ambulance unloading a gurney with a figure strapped to it. I widened my eyes for a moment. No, it can’t be…

“Oh my God, Uki!” Alex cried, hastily unbuckling her seatbelt and shooting outta the car the moment she threw the door open.

The rest of us stayed in our seats, staring numbly at the scene of Leeteuk climbing out of the back of the ambulance next, restraining Alex from following the paramedics inside by holding onto her shoulders tightly. I watched as the paramedics were shouting something at each other, two of them messing with the oxygen mask on Uki’s pale face while the others were quickly rolling her inside. The moment the end of the gurney disappeared through the transparent glass doors was when reality came crashing down on me. I threw the driver’s door open, sprinting quickly toward the hospital door. The moment I stepped foot inside the hospital, I heard doctors and nurses immediately begin to swarm around Uki’s gurney, exchanging questions and answers about what happened with the paramedics.

“Quick, get her situated in one of the rooms! She’s not breathing and we needa get this alcohol out of her system as quickly as we can!” one of the doctors yelled.

The nurses began rolling her away as those words kept washing over me like a cold shower in the middle of winter.

She’s not breathing…

 “You filthy bastard! You did this, didn’t you?! You got her drunk, didn’t you?!” I heard someone yelling behind me.

I spun around on my heel to be greeted with the sight of Donghae Leeteuk’s shirt, slamming him against a wall and yelling in his face.

“I-I didn’t do anything!” Leeteuk shouted, his hands grabbing Donghae’s angry fists. “Let me go! Show some damn respect to your hyung!”

Respect?! You freaking want respect?! I’ll show you respect!

Before any of us could even register what was going on, Donghae punched Leeteuk square in the face, knocking him to the ground. Donghae fell on top of Leeteuk, pinning his arms to the ground with his knees and began continuously punching him. Leeteuk rolled over, pinning Donghae down and landing a few punches of his own. Oh my god, people were beginning to stare!

“Guys, stop it!” Heechul angrily hissed as he and Eunhyuk tried and failed at tearing them apart.

“She was under your ing care! Look what happened! She’s in the ing hospital with alcohol poisoning! You did this to her!” Donghae screamed in Leeteuk’s face, ignoring Heechul’s demands.

Leeteuk once again rolled over so he was now the one pinning Donghae down once more. He leaned his face closer to Donghae’s, yelling, “If you hadn’t ing hurt her again, I wouldn’t have had to step in to look after her! I was only looking after her, cleaning up the mess you left!”

“Guys, stop it this instant! People are starting to stare!” Alex shouted, also trying to tear the two apart.

“You’re a ing liar! You were just looking for any and all excuse to mess with her!” Donghae screamed, punching Leeteuk across the face and causing him to fly a couple feet away from him. Donghae swiftly stood up, expertly dodging everyone’s attempts at restraining him as he rammed into Leeteuk after he had managed to stand, slamming him against one of the stone pillars. “If you honestly loved her as much as you said you do, you’d leave her alone! She loves me! She wants to be with me! She chose me!

“ARGH! YOU DON’T DESERVE HER!” Leeteuk screamed, landing another clean punch across Donghae’s face.

The moment I saw Donghae flying backward, straight into the automated glass doors of the hospital entrance, my senses finally snapped awake, telling me to step in between the two of them before anything could get any worse. I immediately stepped forward, just as Donghae was about to fly forward toward Leeteuk again, and knocked him backwards with a push to the chest straight in the arms of Hangeng and Eunhyuk, who both pinned his arms behind his back as Leeteuk came flying forward as well. I turned, pushing against his chest like I had with Donghae, and made him land right into the awaiting arms of Heechul and Shindong, who also pinned his arms behind his back. They were struggling for a moment, blood freely running down the sides of their faces from open wounds the punches and things had caused earlier. Donghae’s left eyebrow was busted, blood trickling slowly, as well as from his busted lower lip and cut temple. Leeteuk was suffering worse injuries, seeing as how Donghae had managed to land a few more punches. And, I’m not gonna lie, Donghae punched a lot harder than Leeteuk did.

I stared from one to the other. Both were breathing hard, sending looks such cold looks to each other that I’m pretty sure the outback of Australia just suffered a cold front.

“You’re disgusting,” Donghae spat angrily, the furious flame never once leaving his eyes.

“You’re pathetic,” Leeteuk responded just as angrily.

“That’s enough,” I cut in, giving each of them cold glares of my own. “Do you really think Uki would like the way either of you are acting right now?! She’s in the ing hospital and has a very likely chance of dying right now, yet all you’re worried about is mauling each other?! Are you guys that stupid?! As of right now, neither of you are allowed to see Uki, which means yes, I will seriously deck you if you try going into her hospital room, understood?”

“But Siwon—!”

“I don’t wanna hear it!” I growled, sending both Leeteuk and Donghae disgusted looks. “I can’t believe you. Starting a fight in the middle of the hospital like that. Now go get cleaned up. Both of you are spending the night out here and if I hear you trying to start another fight or catch you coming anywhere near her room, I will seriously beat the living daylights outta the both of you, arasso?”

They gave one last angry breath before they nodded, replying simultaneously, “Arasso.”

“Alright, everybody else, we’ll just hafta wait here until the doctors allow us to go see her,” I said, giving everyone else a look as well.

I could see Kyuhyun with his arm around a crying and incomprehensible Alex, as he gave me a worried look and asked, “Did they tell you about anything that’s going on right now?”

I shook my head sadly, sighing. “I heard them saying that she wasn’t breathing when they first brought her in. I think they’re gonna have her stomach pumped, but we’ll just hafta wait and see what happens.” I turned my attention back to Leeteuk as I said, “By the way, you and I will be having a…Talk very soon about what happened. If you think what Donghae did was bad, just you wait ‘till I get through with you. I warned you, hyung. I warned you so many times in advance not to hurt my sister, and whatta you do? You go and hurt my sister.”

“Siwon, you’ve gotta believe—”

“I don’t wanna hear it,” I impatiently interrupted, holding my hand up to get him to stop talking.

He opened his mouth to talk once more, but a voice that most definitely did not belong to Leeteuk asked, “Are you all the family of Choi Uki?”

I looked up toward the source of the foreign voice to find the doctor from earlier standing there with his hands in his coat pockets and a somber look etched into his features.

His expression…

“Y-yes?” I stammered quietly.

He sighed heavily and shook his head, closing his eyes slowly.

My mouth dropped in a silent cry. I felt myself staggering backward slightly, my legs turning numb and refusing to cooperate with the rest of my body. Yesung and Ryeowook caught me before I fell as tears began trickling down my face and Alex began sobbing harder. Nothing registered with me, however. Not Kyuhyun tightening his arm around Alex, not Alex’s cries rising to almost ten dynamic levels louder, not Donghae dropping to his knees, not Leeteuk ripping himself from Heechul and Shindong’s grasps and throwing himself into an armchair, not the other members beginning to cry as well.

None of it.

The only thing that mattered was what the doctor had to say.

“W-well?” I stammered slightly, afraid of what would come out of his mouth.

He sighed heavily, opening his eyes and giving me a look of pure sadness, which only caused Alex to cry harder in Kyuhyun’s arms.

“I’m sorry…”

Oh my God…

 

First off, I just wanted to say thank you sooooooo much for the flood of supportive comments you guys left me. You seriously have NO idea just how much all that meant to me<3

And, right after that, I went and immediately started work on the new chapter. Sorry I'm just now posting it, but I wanted to make sure it was good and everything(:

After reading everything you guys left me and after finding out I had so many silent readers supporting me in the background, I began gaining back the faith I once had in this story. I don't think it'll be ending anytime soon, and you all should know that it's thanks to what you guys all said(:

I really love every single one of you, and I'm so thankful for the great support and love you guys feel toward my story, so I truly wanna take the time to thank you<3

Don't worry one and all.

Uki's here to stay for awhile(x

And yes, I realize that the picture totally has nothing to do with the chapter, but just wanted to show my thanks(:

Oh, and sorry I don't do individual responses. The thing is, I usually lose track to whom I'm talking to, so I don't do it to avoid unnecessary confusion/:

But rest assured, I read EVERY single one of your comments! Trust me, I honestly do! They make my day every day, so of course I read them(: