Old-Time Clichés~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Donghae’s POV~

“Donghae, what are you doing?”

I ignored Ryeowook’s question and continued throwing my clothes and things into my various suitcases. Are these mine? No, these are Eunhyuk’s underwear. Ew, why is his underwear in my pile of clothes? Gross. Okay, so are these m—Elch! Definitely not! Only Hyukie’s socks can smell this bad! My face contorted into a look of disgust as I threw the horrid things into the farthest corner of the room. Aigoo! How I wish that my sense of smell completely disappeared! That was terrible! That’s it, Hyukie. This is the last time we’re ever sharing a room together. [But not really, though, ‘cause I love you too much to leave you].

“Yah! Donghae!” Ryeowook shouted, coming over to me and grabbing my wrists to stop me from further packing my stuff away. I blinked and looked up at him, giving him a blank look. “What’s going on? What’re you doing? You’re one of those people that don’t pack up their stuff until an hour before our flight! What’s going on?!”

“Wookie… You saw her on Strong Heart; you heard what she said! I have to get back home before she leaves!” I replied, shaking his hands off and continuing on in throwing all my stuff into my suitcases.

“Don’t tell me—”

“Yes, Wookie-ah,” I said, looking him dead in the eye, “it’s true. I. Am. In. Love. With. Uki. Seohae. Choi. Got it?”

“Aigooooooooooooo!” Ryeowook squealed excitedly, a huge smile making its way onto his face. “I knew you guys wouldn’t be able to stay away from each other! I knew it! You guys are so meant to be! You guys are a match made in heaven! You guys are Uhae!

I smiled at how excited he was from just the thought of things being fixed between Uki and me. He wasn’t the only excited one around here, though. I’m telling you. I honestly can’t even begin to describe the feelings that went through me while I was listening to Uki make her confession on national television. Never in my life would I have expected that she—no matter how gutsy or courageous she may be—would ever have the temerity to risk being jumped by a mob of fangirls just to apologize and confess to me her true feelings. Well, at least this way, I know for sure that she said what she meant and she meant what she said.

“Thanks, Ryeowook,” I said with a smile.

“Are you planning to leave tonight?” he asked me, blinking at me in a questioning manner.

“As soon as my bags are packed. I don’t care how much I have to pay extra just in order to get a last minute flight back; I will make it back before she leaves,” I replied in a determined fashion.

Ryeowook came up to me, placed his hands on my shoulders, looked me square in the eyes, and said in a serious tone, “You better succeed, Donghae. I’ve waited two long months for Uhae to be reunited, and there’s no way I’m gonna allow you to fail at this, ara? I don’t care if I have to swim you back there myself, you will fix this, got it?”

I smiled again and threw my arms around him for a hug. “You honestly don’t know how much it means to me that I have your support on this, Wookie.”

“No problem! I’m a er for this stuff!” he exclaimed with a smile on his face once he broke the hug. “I’ll leave you alone to pack, now. I gotta go and make sure the hotel is cleaned up before we leave. Donghae, fighting!”

Gahh. You gotta love that kid. I chuckled to myself after he shut the door, leaving me alone in the room once more. Ryeowook was so… Contagious. I don’t even know what it is. It’s just that whenever he’s happy, his happiness just kinda radiates and affects everyone else around him, too. Don’t you know people like that? They’re kinda, freaking awesome. I sighed, staring around at the clothes all scattered around the room. Hyukie, you really are a mess. I don’t even understand how someone manages to make a room so trashed in a matter of only two months.

Alright, focus, Donghae. You’ve gotta mission to accomplish. I stood and began roaming around the room once more, separating my things from Eunhyuk’s things. In a matter of two hours, there was a gigantic pile of Eunhyuk’s clothes sitting on his bed, while all of my things were packed away all nice and neatly within my suitcases. I collapsed on my bed, exhausted from the surprisingly tremendous amount of effort that went into packing and cleaning. Sheesh. Mad respect to Ryeowook; he does this pretty much every day! While staring at the ceiling, trying to catch my breath, I reached around for my phone. I clicked on the internet icon and, while waiting for it to load, I heard the door opened.

I raised my head to see who it was and smiled when I realized that it was Eunhyuk, who stood frozen on the spot, blinking in a confused manner at the pile of clothes that had seemingly appeared outta nowhere on his bed.

“You look confused,” I said in an amused manner, returning my attention to my phone once Yahoo! finally loaded.

“I… am?” Eunhyuk replied, though his statement sounded more like a question to me. Eunhyuk shook his head, and walked over to my bed, carefully taking a seat at the foot of my bed; he sat silently, staring at me. “Donghae, can I ask you something?”

“Yes?” I responded, waiting for the website of airline tickets to load.

“You and Uki are okay now, right?” he asked, giving me an expectant look.

“I dunno. I haven’t exactly had the chance to speak to her, ya’ know,” I responded, giving him a look that clearly stated my confusion.

“Alright, I’m gonna make this short and sweet: when’s the wedding, and when can I expect little fishies to be running around the dorm?” he blatantly asked.

I almost choked on my own spit as my eyes widened, and I tore my gaze away from the screen of my Blackberry in order to look at him in disbelief. Was he being serious right now?! When I saw that he was being completely and totally serious, I said, “You must be insane, Eunhyuk. Uki and I aren’t even back together yet, and you’re asking when we’re gonna have kids?!”

“It’s bound to happen, right?! I mean, you guys are kinda perfect for each other, and I don’t know of anybody else in the world who’s willing to both date you and babysit you, and I sure as hell don’t know of anybody who’s willing to put up with her emotional breakdowns every day. C’mon, c’mon, c’mon! Don’t ruin my dreams! Tell me it’s gonna happen!” he shouted, beginning to bounce up and down on the bed excitedly with a smile seemingly glued to his face.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed him by the shoulders, stopping him from bouncing up and down on the bed. He paused and looked at me while innocently blinking his eyes. “Are you calm?”

“Yes,” he answered immediately, still blinking at me.

“Good. Now then. I don’t know what’s gonna happen between Uki and me. For all I know, I’m gonna fly back there and she’s not gonna wanna get back together. Or, worse, I’m gonna fly back there to find that she’s already left back to England.”

“No! Don’t say that! You and Uki have to get back together! You have to, you have to, you have to!” Eunhyuk complained, pouting at me.

“Eunhyuk, you’re acting like a child. Stop it,” I lightly chastised; I turned my attention back to the screen of my Blackberry once the list of airline tickets completely loaded.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed his lower lip instantly jutting out in a full-on pout as he said in a voice similar to that of a little kid fighting not to cry, “No I’m not. I am not acting like a child. You’re just being a meanie.”

I rolled my eyes and looked up at him; I tried my absolute best to keep a straight face, but when he continued to stare at me with his sad attempt at a puppy-dog look and his lower lip quivering in a quite impressive pout, I couldn’t help but to chuckle slightly. “Aigoo, Eunhyuk. Would you shut up already? I’m gonna fix things with Uki; I promise.”

His face instantly busted into a grin before he stood and greeted me with a flourished bow. “I believe my work here is done. Now get your back to Seoul and make some fishies! I’m gonna turn every single one of them into a dancing machine, just like their Uncle Hyukie!”

Before I could respond to his ridiculous final statement, he was already out the door, chuckling to himself about some joke unbeknownst to me. I sighed. Ladies and gents: my best friend…

Alright, Donghae, enough with the distractions. If you don’t get a flight back to Seoul by tonight, you can kiss Uki goodbye forev—

“NO MORE FLIGHTS?! WHAT?!”

I could literally feel my heart dropping into the depths of the bottomless pit that was now my stomach as I continued to scroll down the list of flights to see that there were absolutely no flights available for tonight. What is this?! Why was everybody trying to fly into Seoul tonight of all nights?! Was the whole freaking world against me or something?! I growled in frustration when I realized that the next, available flight out to Seoul wouldn’t be for another eight hours. I looked at my clock and was greeted by a luminous, blue, 10:46 PM. I began calculating approximately what time I would get to Seoul and grimaced when I came to the conclusion that I wouldn’t be getting in until about 10:15 in the morning, Seoul time. And that doesn’t even account for getting off the plane, retrieving all my bags, making my way back to the dorms. Aigoo. At this rate, she’ll make it back to England before I can even step foot on a plane!

“Gotta think, gotta think, gotta think…” I said quietly to myself, tapping a finger absently against the screen of my Blackberry. I was silent, lost in thought for a solid five minutes or so, before an idea finally came to mind. My brows creased in determination as I scrolled through my contacts list, smiling when I came across his name. Hitting the green button, I put the phone to my ear and waited patiently until a sleepy “Hello?” answered me.

“Heechul hyung?” I asked quietly as if I were afraid to wake somebody up despite the fact that nobody on my end was asleep.

“Donghae? What the hell are you doing calling me at this time of night?! Do you have any idea what time it is?! I need sleep, dammit, and you’re calling me? Me of all people?! You have problems with Uki, you idiot, so call her, not me!” he instantly scolded.

I sighed. “Hyung, listen to me. I need your help with something.”

“What do you want?” he grumbled.

“Is Uki leaving tomorrow morning?”

“Yeah. Her flight’s at ten, meaning she’ll be outta the dorms by eight thirty, which also means that you better get your back here before then or else I’m killing both of you, understand me?” he answered, and I felt a slight shiver go down my spine; I had a feeling that he wasn’t joking with that last statement.

But then his words sunk in, and the fear of being killed completely left me, leaving me, instead, with a feeling of frustration and anger. “Alright, hyung, here’s the plan…”

~~~~

Heechul’s POV~

“Kim Heechul. You have three seconds to get outta my way before I cause some severe bodily harm,” Uki said, giving me an irritated look.

I rolled his eyes and crossed my arms, not particularly caring about her pathetic threat. “Look, Choi. You are going to help me with my problem before you leave.”

“Why are you so irritating?! I’m gonna miss my flight if you keep this up! Get outta my way!” she screamed, pushing past me, only to have Void stand in her way next.

“Go make me breakfast. I want a huge breakfast, with every breakfast food imaginable, got it?” he demanded with a slight smirk on his face.

I smirked as well. Ahh, my dongsaeng was learning well these days. I didn’t even have to tell him, and he automatically knew that we had to do everything we possibly could to make Uki miss her flight in order to give Donghae enough time to get back home. My eyes flickered to the clock. Alright, it’s nine o’clock. Just have to hold off for another hour and we’ll be in the clear.

“No,” Uki said flatly, dropping her suitcase and crossing her arms in irritation. “I don’t owe you anything anymore. My ‘slavery’ was only for the entirety of my stay, and as of right now, my stay is over.

“Your stay is not over until you step foot on that plane, and until then, I suggest you get your pretty little into the kitchen and make me my food,” Void replied, also crossing his arms but more in a mocking manner rather than an irritated manner.

I leaned against the couch, an amused smirk playing at the corners of my lips, as Uki narrowed her eyes in an annoyed glare. She took a step forward until she was right in Void’s face—ignoring the fact that she practically had her head tilted all the way back just so she could look in his face—before saying, “Look, Heejong. I am not in the mood to be making anybody food right now, and you’ve already been getting under my skin these days, so I suggest you back up and leave me alone. If I miss my flight, both of you are dead. Now get. Out. Of. My. Way.

Me? You’d hurt me? But Uki, whatever did I do to you!” both Void and I exclaimed simultaneously in a voice of mock-hurt.

“YOU GUYS ARE THE MOST IRRITATING SIBLINGS IN THE WORLD!” she erupted, giving the both of us a dangerously-venomous voice.

“Mmm, mmm, cool story. Now go make me my food,” Void responded, and I almost laughed at the expression that made way onto Uki’s face.

“If I miss my flight, there are gonna be two less Kims in the world, understand?” she replied before angrily marching her way into the kitchen.

Once she was completely outta sight, I turned to look at my brother with a pleased smile on my face. We exchanged a high-five as I said, “Well played, dongsaeng. Well played indeed.”

“Why thank you, hyung. I do have a knack for these types of things after all. Angering the midget? I was born for it,” he replied with his Cheshire grin.

“Tell me: how’d you know that we had to distract her?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow in question.

“There was a set plan? Oh, I didn’t know that. I was just trying to make her miss her flight ‘cause I thought her freak out afterward would be hilarious,” he said, giving me a face that reminded me of the emoticon with the 3 as its mouth. I’ve always wondered what that emoticon would look like on a person’s face, and I guess I’ve finally seen it for myself now.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling slightly under my breath. “You really do amuse me, dongsaeng. Now, all we gotta do is distract her for another hour so we can give Donghae enough time to get back here to fix things.”

He gave me a blank look for a moment, and I swear I saw a light bulb light up above his head the moment everything clicked for him. “Oh! This is all to help Sea? Well… I guess I can be a nice person just this once seeing as how depressed-Uki isn’t as fun to mess with as lovey-dovey-Uki.”

I chuckled and nodded my head. “Well alright then. One missed flight, coming right up.”

“ Sea better be thankful for this. ing playing Cupid… What has my life succumbed to…” he mumbled under his breath as he absently walked away toward the kitchen.

Before following him, my eyes flickered to the clock once more. 9:13. C’mon, Donghae. We can only hold out for so long.

Donghae’s POV~

“Hey. Can you please stop shaking your leg? It’s irritating.”

I mumbled a quiet apology and stopped my anxiously-shaking leg only to begin anxiously tapping my fingers against the arm rest instead. Ghaddd. I was soooooo close to home, I could practically feel the Seoul air surrounding me again. I looked at my watch and felt my anxiety spike even higher at seeing that it was already ten. Did Heechul succeed? Is Uki still at home? Did she leave already? I shook my head, refusing to let myself think about it any longer; I couldn’t afford to think about it. I had to keep optimistic about all this.

Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, as we are about to land in Seoul. The current time in Seoul, South Korea is about ten fourteen and the current weather is partly cloudy and seventy-eight degrees. Thank you for flying with us today, and we sincerely hope that your flight with us was enjoyable and comfortable. We will be landing very shortly. Thank you again,” came a flight attendant’s voice on the speaker above.

Upon hearing these words, I quickly buckled my seatbelt, sitting as straight as a pole; I could literally feel my heart racing a mile a minute as my anxiety levels spiked to dangerously high levels. Ten fourteen…

Taking a deep breath, I pleaded quietly under my breath, “Please, Heechul. Please tell me you succeeded. Please tell me she hasn’t left yet…”

~~~~

I tore across the airport, silently cursing under my breath, as I desperately rolled my suitcases behind me, the sound of the thunderous stampede of crazed fangirls following closely behind. How could I be so stupid as to simply walk off the plane without so much as a disguise or a security guard leading me?! How could I possibly be stupid enough to put my life in danger like this?! Rookie mistake, Donghae! Rookie mistake! I screamed when one of the girls behind me nearly succeeded in grabbing me by the hood of my hoodie, which prompted me to run just a bit faster. Realizing that I most likely wouldn’t be able to get away alive if I kept running like this, I gave a breath and made a split-second decision in order to save my life: I let go of my smaller suitcase, smiling satisfactorily when my plan worked and the girls began screaming at each other and going after the lone suitcase.

I let out a breath of relief as all the girls continued to swarm the suitcase, giving me the liberty of running outside and reaching the safety of the car SM had waiting outside for me. Once I shut the door and somewhat regained my breath, I gave a slight nod to the driver to signal him to begin driving. I looked back at the swarm of fangirls, who were now out in the street with a confused look on each of their faces, and silently began praying that nothing important was in that suitcase. I shook my head, deciding that I shouldn’t particularly worry about it since the thing had saved my life.

I sat back and pulled my seatbelt on when I realized that I hadn’t put it on yet. Once I clicked the seatbelt into place, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my Blackberry to check how much time I had left. Okay. 10:36. If all went according to plan, Uki was still currently at the dorms, probably throwing everything imaginable at Heechul in an attempt to kill him for making her miss her flight. I smiled, realizing that, that last statement was more-than-likely true and happening at this very moment.

“Sir? We’re here,” a sudden voice said, breaking into my mental ramble.

I blinked for a moment, confused by his words, until I realized that he was right! We were actually here! Not missing a beat, I grabbed the handle of my only-surviving suitcase and the strap of my duffle bag, thanking the driver profusely for getting me to the dorms so fast as I threw the duffle over my shoulder and pulled the handle of the suitcase out so I could easily roll it. The driver nodded and smiled at me as kicked the door shut and hurriedly made my way into the building. I didn’t even bother greeting the receptionist, choosing, instead, to head straight into the elevators and hit the clear button labeled with a black number 15.

I waited impatiently, the mere thirty seconds of the elevator ride up feeling more like thirty centuries to me. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the doors opened with a “ding!”, and I didn’t hesitate in heading straight for the door. I turned the doorknob, surprised only for a moment to find that it was unlocked, and stumbled inside, my duffle ending up askew on my frame and my suitcase tumbling to the floor. I looked up to find the remainder of the guys who didn’t fly out to Taiwan staring at me, their previous looks of anxiety and fear giving way to relief and happiness.

“Thank God you’re here!” exclaimed Shindong. “You made it just in time!”

“Is she still here? Has she left yet?” I asked in a rushed tone, taking the duffle bag off and throwing it carelessly on top of my suitcase.

“She missed her flight, but she gotta ticket for the flight right after. She’s just now doing last minute check-ups in case she forgot to pack something. You better ing hurry and fix things, Sea. I didn’t get my handed to me by the midget just so you could this up and make things even worse between you two, do you understand me?” Void demanded, and I almost burst out laughing from the sight of his bandaged face and his arm in a sling.

Instead of laughing and taking my Blackberry out to take pictures like I truly wanted to, I quickly nodded and rushed across the living room toward Uki’s room. I stopped in front of the door only for a fraction of a second to catch my breath before I opened it.

There.

There she was.

She stood with her back turned to me, her attention focused on something sitting on her computer desk, but I paid no attention to that. Instead, I shut and locked the door behind me, closing the gap between us in a matter of three strides before I grabbed hold of her shoulder and turned her to face me. She didn’t have time to register what was happening, only time to widen her eyes in shock, before I slammed my lips against hers, pushing my body flush against hers until I heard her hit the computer desk. She screamed in protest for a moment, and I could feel her raising her fists to slam against my chest, but I grabbed onto her wrists and pinned them to either side of her on the desk before she had the chance to. I could still feel her protesting the kiss, and I began getting frustrated, angrily biting her bottom lip when she still refused to give in after a few more seconds.

She gasped in either shock or pain—maybe both—I couldn’t tell, and I took that opportunity to slide my tongue into , smirking slightly when I felt her slowly surrendering to the kiss. After I felt that it was safe to let her wrists go, I moved my hands to her waist, pulling her closer to me. I smiled against her lips when she wrapped her arms around my neck and began kissing me back. Neither of us had to speak; I’m sure we all knew by now that things were finally fixed.

After what felt like years later—although, I’m sure, in reality, it was only a few minutes—I broke the kiss, gasping for air. I laid my forehead against hers, our noses touching, as I stared right into her eyes. I moved my hands to cup her face, smiling at how cute she looked while also gasping for air. I missed this look; I missed knowing that it was my kiss that caused her to be this breathless.

“Uki, I need you to tell me something,” I said quietly, never once breaking eye contact with her.

“Y-yes?” she stammered, staring at me as well.

“Did you mean everything you said on Strong Heart? Did you really mean it?” I asked, not entirely sure of what her answer would be.

I was taken aback when she suddenly slammed her lips against mine in response, initiating yet another kiss lasting for a few, literally-breathtaking minutes. She was the one who pulled back this time, whispering against my lips before breaking away completely, “Every word.”

I wrapped my arms around her then, pulling her in for a tight hug as I felt my heart soar.

This is it.

This is finally it.

It’s now or never, Donghae.

“Uki, I love you…” I murmured slightly.

“I… I love you, too, Donghae,” she replied, her voice slightly muffled since she had her face buried in my chest.

Taking a shaky breath, I replayed the words I had been thinking about all day today and all day yesterday over and over in my mind before I leaned down and quietly whispered them into her ear. She stiffened in my arms, and I feared for a moment that her response wouldn’t be what I wanted to hear. She slowly lifted her head to look up at me, her eyes wide in either shock or disbelief or astonishment, maybe even all of the above. After she didn’t say anything in response for several minutes, I began fearing the worst, until, finally, I noticed the small movement of her head.

I smiled and simply hugged her tighter.

Things were finally fixed.


Oh my. It's been quite awhile, hasn't it? :3

Well, I'm finally back now! LOL. With... a really y chapter. >.>

Sorry. This was really rushed and errthang. I just really wanna get to the next chapter already. ><

Aish. This chapter wasn't worth the wait, in my opinion. But it's k. I'll make up for it with the next chapter. :3

Anyways, I apologize if there are mistakes in this thing. It's currently 4:54 in the morning as I'm editing this, and I could barely keep my eyes open since I just got back from a party, too. LOL. So please don't hold it against me if you find some errors in this thing. xD

Alrightyy, that's it. Just wanna say thanks for sticking by me while I was away this last month! I love you guys oh-so much!<3