Classes~

I'm Emotionally Unstable and I Thank Super Junior For It

Oh, well, harro there brand new chapter to brand new story. I think a few ppl have been waiting for you(x

“Miss Choi! Heads up in my class please!”

My head snapped up as I jumped a little in my desk from the harsh voice that sounded like a steel pipe grating against a chalkboard, instantly turning my sweet dream into a horrible nightmare. I tiredly reached up my hands to rub the sleep out of my eyes. When my right arm wouldn’t cooperate, I looked down at it, a white sling meeting my gaze, causing me to sigh and remember that I couldn’t exactly reach up both hands. My light green eyes with gold flecked near the pupils gazed around the classroom, noticing that all my classmates were all staring at me, worried expressions on their faces. Professor White was not the professor to tick off first thing in the morning, but I couldn’t help it. She and I just could not see eye to eye, and it had nothing to do with her being a towering 5’8 and me being a measly 5’1. Barely 5’1 at that. [I was actually only 5’0 ¾, but I’ve been playing it off as 5’1, so shh(x ]

“Since Miss Choi finds it necessary to catch up on her beauty sleep in my class, how about your book report be due next week instead?” Professor White continued.

I narrowed my eyes at her in a death glare. I hope all your hair falls off and you die alone, you nasty old witch. The entire class groaned but didn’t dare argue. I was going to, though.

“Professor White, with all due respect, you promised us at least a month to finish the book report. It’s only been two weeks. Changing the due date so suddenly and cutting off a good two weeks we could use to finish it would have you in violation of Cambridge law, chapter 3 section 4. We wouldn’t wanna be in violations of any rules, now would we?” I asked her, a sarcastically sweet light dancing in my eyes.

In my peripheral vision, I saw James giving me a look, clearly telling me to shut the hell up before I make things worse, but c’mon. I’m Uki Seohae Choi for cryin’ out loud. I lived for these kinds of things. I ignored his warning, but when he jabbed me in the ribs with his pen, I sent him a death glare of my own. I swear to God if that boy doesn’t stop poking me in the ribs, I’m going to snap all his fingers off. -__- I continued to ignore him and kept my gaze on the contemplating Professor White. I could literally almost see the gears turning in her head.

“You obviously don’t know the meaning of a rhetorical question, Miss Choi,” she said, her steely gaze directed right at me, trying to bore into my very soul.

I smiled. “Are you speaking of the analytical terms, or civilian terms?”

She pursed her lips and turned her back to us. “Class is dismissed. Your reports will still be due at the prior set due date. Miss Choi, if I may have a word with you please.”

I stayed seated as everyone stood up, giving me looks of encouragement as they left. James looked at me with his dark brown eyes, letting me know that not only was I about to get a scolding from Professor White but also from him once I was done. He shouldered his backpack and left the class, leaving me there alone with the Wicked Witch of the East. [I’m in England. Not exactly the West anymore(x ] Professor White sighed and sat at the edge of her desk, arms crossed, her steely blue eyes gazing right at me.

“Tell me, Uki, do you hate me?” she asked.

I looked taken aback. “Hate you? No, I don’t hate anybody. Maybe dislike a few people, but never hate.”

“Well then, do you dislike me?” she clarified.

“Yes.”

Her eyes widened a bit in surprise by my bluntness, but I’m me. When was I ever known to hold my tongue about anything?

“I see. Do you dislike my class?” she continued.

“Oh no! I love history actually. It was always one of my favorite subjects ‘cause it’s always so concrete, never changing. No matter what you do, you can’t just simply change who founded the American Democracy, or what year the Crusades took place, or who the first explorer to round the Cape of Good Hope was. You just can’t.”

“If you love this class so much, why do you find it necessary to always be sleeping in here?” she asked me, shifting her weight to her other foot.

I thought about this for a second. Because I spend every night Skyping my famous boyfriend along with his band mates from this super famous Korean boy band called Super Junior. Also because my equally famous Korean singer of an older brother, who just so happens to be from the same band, calls me every night to make sure that I’m using my mechanical ventilator like I’m supposed to be doing when I actually just throw it in the corner every night without him knowing about it. And I’m secretly keeping in touch with this FBI agent from Vietnam about a trafficking ring that I helped bust a couple months ago to make sure that the girls I helped rescue are still doing okay and that the idiot guys who kidnapped me and abused me for three weeks straight stay in jail.

“I study really late every night.”

Pfsht, yeah, study. I haven’t studied a day in my life. The perks of being naturally smart(x

“Are you sure you’re not staying up late every night with your boyfriend?” she asked me instead.

I almost let my eyes widen in shock by her question, but I maintained my composure and kept a straight as I said, “No. Why?”

When inside, what was really happening was: OMO! DID I JUST SAY ALL THAT OUT LOUD?! AISH, I DID, DIDN’T I?! DID I MISS THOSE IDIOT BOYS THAT MUCH?!

“Well, you and James just kinda—”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second. Me and James?” I interrupted.

Was this lady mad?! I mean, granted James and I were best friends and we were around each other a lot, but I was not dating him, as you all well know.

She blinked her incredibly blue eyes at me for a second. “Yes, you and James Park. Are you not…Together?”

“No! My boyfriend’s back in Korea. James is only my best friend, and we are not dating.”

She gave me that look that only college professors seemed to have mastered and sighed again. “Whatever the case may be, Miss Choi, please remain attentive in my class. You’re one of my brightest students, literally at the top of the class, but if you keep falling asleep like this, I might have to start deducting points.”

“Deducting points from my grades because I was sleeping in class?! You’re crazy! You can’t deduct points from my work for what I do in class. If I do the work and I do it right, I deserve the grade I get, and if you try to tell me otherwise, we’re gonna have a little problem.”

I grabbed my purse and my books, giving her one last angry glare before storming out of that damned classroom, never once giving her a chance to respond. God, she made me so angry! Was she really trying to pull that crap with me?! My participation in the class has no relation to the work I hand in, as long as I’m handing it in and getting the answers correct. How dare she try and deduct points?! What is she gonna do, go through and mark random answers wrong despite them being right just to irk me?! I WILL DESTROY HER IF SHE TRIES DOING SUCH A THING.

“Uki!”

I turned around, shouting, “What?!”

Upon seeing James running after me, I immediately regretted yelling. He was a sensitive one, that James Park. Almost like Donghae…Aish, Uki! Stop thinking that this instant! The last time you convinced yourself that a guy was just like Donghae, you got yourself into a whooooooole lotta trouble.

“Sorry, Jamsie. That Professor White just gets under my damn skin man,” I said once he caught up to me.

He laughed at me, offering to take my books from my hand. “I know. She gets under everyone’s skin. But you really needa start sleeping earlier! A girl your age shouldn’t be up all night Skyping her boyfriend in Korea. You need to be getting as much sleep as you possibly can so you can get your PhD and open that law firm of yours.”

I smiled at James as he kept rambling on about the newest thing he’d learn in his bio class today and about how excited he was for the long break we were expecting after semester exams. James, the future biomedical engineer. James was the same age as Donghae, which meant I was six years his junior. Despite this stark age difference, though, he was still at the maturity level of a three-year-old and still held the attention span of a chipmunk. But he was my three-year-old chipmunk<3 I studied James as I struggled to keep up with his long strides, taking in our stark height difference into account as well. He had the height of Siwon—meaning he was over a foot taller than me—and the build of Eunhyuk—muscle-y but not too gross of a muscle-y. As you can tell, my life revolves around Super Junior, but no, I was not a fan girl. -__- He kept looking at me with his warm chocolate eyes that invited everyone to talk to him simply because he just looked like the friendly type. His smile was…Well, his smile was ta-die-for. I mean seriously? It was almost on the level of Kibum’s smile. Now that was saying something.

One look at James and he practically screamed Korean. He literally looked like someone who could make it big as a singer in the KPop industry. If only he didn’t sound like a dying walrus when singing(x

“Uki, are you even paying attention to me anymore?”

I snapped out of my daze and shook my head a little, focusing in on what he was saying. I laughed nervously. “Of course! Because engineering a new bacteria to eat oil is sooo fascinating.”

“Yah, bapoya. I was talking about you!

“Me? What about me?”

“Aish, this girl. C’mon, I’m hungry. I think I’m craving some pho.”

“They have a pho place on campus?” I asked, giving him a skeptical glance.

“Not on campus, but there’s one around here,” he answered, giving me that smile of his.

“Yah! James Park! I can’t go off campus right now! I have a class in next period!”

“Next period is in an hour from now! Now, are you gonna come willingly, or am I gonna have to drag you there?”

He gave me that look, half teasing, half letting me know that he was dead serious about dragging me there. I sighed. Aigoo. This guy. I always give in to him so easily. He was just like Sungmin! Aish. James was freaking all of Super Junior in one human life form. How has the world not exploded yet? I feel bad for his future girlfriend, man. She won’t be able to resist anything he tells her to do. ><”

“Fine, fine, let’s go. But if I’m late to crim law, it’s your head on a silver platter, arasso?!” I responded, giving him that look of mine.

He simply smiled at me and slung his arm around my shoulders, guiding me past the campus’ gates. Pho. In the UK? I didn’t even know such a thing existed. But apparently it did, by the looks of the little building we were entering. The waitress bowed slightly to us, her face flustered. I smirked. Oh Jamsie. You never fail to make the girls go gaga over you.

“Table for two please,” he told the girl.

Goodness. I don’t think I’m ever gonna get used to a Korean with a British accent. It was so adorable! ^^The waitress led us to a table by the window and as we sat down, she gave me a dirty look. Well, grr to you, too, Queen B. She took our drink orders and walked away, giving us time to look over the menu. I rolled my eyes at her retreating back as I turned my attention to the menu in front of me, but I noticed that James kept looking at me, a playful smirk on his lips, a teasing light in his eyes. I gave him a weirded out look.

“Is there something I can help you with, sir?” I asked him.

He laughed at me and said, “You just look really different today.”

“Different? Different how?” I asked, wondering to myself if he was secretly drunk or something.

“I dunno. There’s just something about you that seems different. Did you know all the scars on your face are practically gone?”

I smiled sadly at the memory of how I got those scars in the first place. Damn Tony. I hope he’s fallen down a sewage drain by now. “Yeah, I guess I’m just lucky. Now if only the other half of my damn body will wake up already.”

He gave me a sad look. “Uki, it’s only been three months. You can’t expect miracles to happen so quickly.”

I sighed. “I know, I know. But it’s just so weird! I survived all these horrible things and what’s keeping me back in life now is a paralyzed arm? Really now? Why didn’t they just cut it off and replace it with a robotic arm? I’m sure that would have been more use to me and the world than this stupid limb that takes up a good two pounds of my total weight just to sit there and mock me.”

“Aish, this girl. It’s not just your arm that’s paralyzed. You’re entire right half of your torso is paralyzed.”

I rolled my eyes at him, choosing to ignore the second half of his statement as I said, “Don’t you ‘aish, this girl’ me!”

“You’re sitting here personifying your arm as an evil mass that’s here to simply mock you in life.”

“That’s because it is! It’s just sitting there all, like, ‘Oh hey, look at me! I’m Uki’s arm, but I’m totally not gonna move for her just because I like to bug her. I’m just gonna sit here and mock her, constantly reminding her of all the things that she can’t do without me.’ Well you know what? I’m going to get this damn sling off. You mark my words, James Park. I will be able to move this damned arm again, even if it’s the last thing I do.”

He laughed, smiling that killer smile of his as he said, “You sound insane, do you know that? But that’s why you’re my best friend and nobody else’s.”

“Hmph.” I bit my lower lip at him as I pouted. “I can’t believe I just did that complete rant and all you had to say to me was ‘you’re insane.’”

“I said you sound insane. I never said you were.”

I pouted even more at him. “Oppa, why do you speak such mean words?”

“Aish, this girl. Aegyo will get you nowhere in life!”

Is that a challenge?

 I smirked, leaning forward and propping my left elbow up on the table, resting my chin on my fist. Giving him the full batting-the-eyelashes and pouting to the extreme, I said, “Aegyo? I don’t know the meaning of this word. I just wanted to know why oppa’s being so mean to me.”

He narrowed his eyes, leaning forward also, resting his chin on both his hands. Giving me a round-eyed, full-of-innocence look, he smiled his killer smile once more, saying, “You’re evil, you know that? One of these days, you’re gonna draw someone under your spell and they won’t be able to resist anything you tell them to do.”

“Is this your way of apologizing to me?”

He lightly kissed me on the nose, quickly leaning back in his seat so I wouldn’t be able to kill him, saying, “Yeah, yeah, oppa apologizes.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You just wait. You don’t know the meaning of the word aegyo yet.”

“Are you gonna be the one teaching me the meaning then?” he asked, an amused smirk playing at his lips.

I gave him one of my signature half smile/half smirks, leaning back in my chair and saying, “We shall see, Mr. Park, we shall see.”

I looked up at the sound of someone’s throat clearing to see that the waitress was staring coolly at me. “What would you like to order?”

“Can I please get a large bowl of pho? Everything in it except for any seafood or tripe, and make sure the meat is cooked. No pink meat whatsoever,” I responded, a sarcastic smile on my face.

James cleared his throat to cover up his laugh at the sight of the waitress staring me down as he said, “Just get me the same thing as Uki, please.”

She smiled sweetly at him. “Right away, oppa.”

She skipped away happily. I rolled my eyes at her. So annoying.

“Is this how you act when you’re in Seoul? Does your boyfriend back home ever complain about you treating waitresses like this whenever he takes you out on a date?” he asked me, covering his mouth with his hand to cover his laughter.

“Aish. Don’t laugh at me!” I replied indignantly, reaching across the table and hitting him lightly on the chest. “But yes, this is what happened last time, too. He’s taken me out to eat once. Same thing happened between me and that waitress, too. Ugh. I really disliked that one. Unnie. I was obviously younger than she was!”

He busted out laughing at this point. “Aish. I needa meet this guy that’s brave enough to date you. What does he look like? Is he some Korean pop star wanna be?”

I smirked at his question, amused by his laughter. Oh, you have no idea.

 

Lol. So what'd you guys think?! Good? Bad? Ehh? Lol. To be honest with you, I really have no clue what this one's gonna be about, like, at all. Lol. I'll just be typing and going with whatever manages to be magically typed up on the screen. Seemed to work pretty well for the first one, so why not?(x Anyways, this one will probably be starting out a little slow with the updates since I have no plot in mind whatsoever. Lol. But once something starts forming, the updates will be coming a little more regularly(:

Love you guys!<3

FIGHTING!~