It's done, we're done.

Falling For His Trap

 

Sunny’s POV

 

*YONGHWA?!* I screamed in my thoughts. Yonghwa?! Like Seohyun’s boyfriend Yonghwa?!  I suddenly remembered the girl crying on the stairs. *Oh, no. Don’t tell me that was Seohyun, she saw everything.* I bit my lip. I looked at the note down in my palms.

‘How would you like to see your best friend get hurt from the man she loves?’

I glared at Rian smirking at me. That does it. I will open a can of whoop- and finish her once and for all. I’ve been keeping in my anger for too long now. Rian this is your end. I ran back upstairs hoping to find Seohyun.

 

No One’s POV

 

“What are you doing?!” Yonghwa growled.
“Kissing you what else?” Rian let out a evil laugh.
“You said I only need to say ‘I love you’ to you so you will leave Seohyun alone. We made a deal remember? I say ‘I love you’ to you and you leave Seohyun alone. Why are you kissing me?!” Yonghwa hissed furiously.
“But oppa, that is the first kiss you got from me. Any boy would die for a kiss from me.” Rian twirled her hair with her finger.
“Any boy would. But no thanks; I would rather jump off a cliff than to be kissed by a filthy girl like you.” Yonghwa wiped his lips with the back of his hands. He smirked. “No wonder why boy’s never fall for you seriously. Once a always the . Give up already Rian. You won’t get anyone until you wake up and smell the seaweed and have a taste of your own medicine.” With that, Yonghwa left Rian standing there with steam coming out of her nose and ears.

“ARGHHHH! HOW DARE HE?!” Rian stomped furiously. Tears slid down her cheeks. “I HATE YOU JUNG YONGHWA! I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!” She cursed. Nana and Ailee tried calming her down but she shoved them away. “THANK GOD I DESTROYED YOUR LOVE LIFE! I HATE YOU!” Rian yelled down the hallway tears coming out of her eyes.

“Rian-ah, calm down!” Nana patted her back.
“Leave me alone,” Rian whispered. Nana and Ailee left the scene for Rian to calm down. It was true, Rian was thinking about what Yonghwa spat at her. Rian never experienced love before so how would she know. She hates people who corrects her and yells at her. Rian indeed felt hatred towards Yonghwa but she still loved him or was it just a casual love with no meaning?  Rian sat there on the ground crying quietly to herself. She finally had the taste of her own medicine.

---

Seohyun walked in her front door lifelessly. Her aunty was surprised and shocked at Seohyun’s reaction and expression. Usually, Seohyun would walk through those doors with a huge smile and greet the adults, peck Cho Hee’s checks then ascent to her room. Today, she walked in taking small steps, dragged her bag upstairs and step into her room.

“Omo, what happened to Seohyun?” Mrs. Lee wondered to herself. The door bell then rang and Mrs. Lee walked over and opened the door. She was surprised seeing Sunny standing there with a worried expression.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Lee,” Sunny bowed.
“Deh, come in.” She widened the door and made space for Sunny to go in.
“Is Seohyun home?” Sunny asked.
“She’s right upstairs.” Mrs. Lee gave a soft smile.
“Deh, kasahamnida.” Sunny started walking towards the stairs but Mrs. Lee stopped her halfway.

“Sunny ah, is something wrong with Seohyun?”  Sunny looked at Mrs. Lee’s expression and hung her head down low. She walked over to Mrs. Lee and they sat down on the couch. Mrs. Lee is not Seohyun’s mother but she is Seohyun’s only family. Sunny explained from start to finish about Seohyun and Yonghwa and Mrs. Lee nodded along the story.

“Arasso, you go up and talk to Seohyun first, I will be up there soon.” Mrs. Lee gave Sunny a comforting smile and shook her head while walking away.

 

-knock knock-

“Seohyun ah,” Sunny sang as she opened the door. Sunny saw a pale body under the white sheets. She walked over to Seohyun and sat beside her.

“Seohyun…” Sunny whispered.
“It hurts,” Seohyun mumbled. Sunny let out a sigh. It hurts her seeing her best friend like this. This had already happened once and it took Seohyun more than 6 months to get over it. This is just happening all over again.

“Seohyun, don’t be like this please. You know it hurts me, I know your hurt too but you have to stay strong,” Sunny comforted. Seohyun slowly sat up and looked at Sunny with tired eyes. Her eyes were puffed, filled with wet tears. Sunny looked down on Seohyun’s pillow noticing a blob of water on it.

“I can never learn right? Why does it always happen to me? Why is love so hard?” Seohyun started crying loudly. Sunny cried and hugged Seohyun tightly, “I know it’s hard. We’ll get through this together.”

After Seohyun slept, Sunny went home. Mrs. Lee stepped into Seohyun’s room and sat beside Seohyun’s bed. She pulled up the blanket to cover Seohyun and tucked her hair behind her ear.

*Sun-Jung ah, if only you’re here with Seohyun right now.* Mrs. Lee gave one last glance at Seohyun before closing the door.

---

The next day Seohyun forced herself to climb out of bed. As much as she wants to stay home today, she has to go to school. Her aunty and uncle put in a lot of money for Seohyun and this is the only way to pay them back and make them happy.

Seohyun walked to school and standing right there was Yonghwa and his group.

“Seohyun ah!” He called.

Seohyun stared at him before turning away into another direction.

“Seohyun! Babe! Hey!” Yonghwa called out. He ran and chased after her. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Yonghwa asked standing in front of Seohyun. She looked deeply into his eyes holding back her tears. She turned the other direction and started walking. He ran up to her and spun her around.

“Hey,” he softly spoke. He was about to touch her cheeks but she turned her head away.

“Why? Why all the lies Yonghwa? I don’t get it. What do you make out of it?” Seohyun questioned. Yonghwa stood there confused with the situation. “What did I do wrong?” He asked.
“I’m sure you know well. All these times I thought you were different from every other boys but turned out I was wrong.”
“Hey, I am different.”
“Do I look like a toy to you? Play with me like a kid plays with its teddy and when you get bored of me you throw me away? Do I look like a test to you? I don’t yeah? Then why cheat? Love is a card game, cheaters always lose. This time you lost. Not only that you lose your pride, but you lost me too. Its’ been done Yonghwa, your done, we’re done.” Seohyun’s tears fell down her cheeks as she turned away from Yonghwa.

Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin were silent as they watched the scene. All morning, Seohyun ignored Yonghwa. She moved seats away from him and never looked at him one bit.

 

Sunny’s POV

 

It was recess and I put my books into my locker in a rush. I closed the door and jumped back slapping the lockers as I leaned on them.

“Oh my,” I sighed and tried calming my heart down. Minhyuk was standing right there with Yonghwa.
“Stop doing that,” I spoke in a blunt tone and walked off.
“Hey! Babe!” Minhyuk called and ran after me.
“Don’t babe me.” I turned around to him folding my arms.
“Sunny don’t act like this,” Yonghwa spoke. I shifted my attention to him.


“You broke my best friends heart, have a nice life.” I scoffed and walked away. They caught up to me and turned me around.

“But Sunny! I don’t even know what I did wrong?!” Yonghwa said.
“Yonghwa, let me handle this,” Minhyuk spoke to him and turned to me. “He doesn’t even know what he did wrong?”
I rolled my eyes.

“I just said that.” Yonghwa looked at Minhyuk weirdly.
“Dude, you said ‘I’ I said ‘he’ there’s a difference,” Minhyuk explained. Yonghwa and I shook our heads and rolled our eyes.

“Look, she caught you cheating on her. You’re doomed,” I informed Yonghwa.
“What? I would never cheat on her!” Yonghwa raised his voice.
“That’s funny cause she saw you kissing Rian yesterday near the stairs, I even saw it with my own eyes. How low can you get Yonghwa?”

“What? So you’re saying that Seohyun saw you kissing Rian? Hyung! How can you?!” Minhyuk gaped at Yonghwa and jumped over to where I was standing and folded his arms.
“No it’s all a misunderstand.” Yonghwa ran his fingers through his hair. “I met up with Rian there to make a deal with her. She made a deal that I have to say ‘I love you’ to her, then she will leave Seohyun alone but out of no-where she kissed me!” Yonghwa explained.
“Well try explaining that to Seohyun.” I sighed and looked at Minhyuk.