Dinner

Falling For His Trap

SEOHYUN’S POV

 

I came home with a bag of groceries and placed them on the table.
“Thank you so much Seohyun!” My aunty patted me on the back.
“No worries, do you need help cooking them? Two pairs of hands are better than one” I giggled.
“Ah, Seohyun you’re a dear," she replied and started getting out the knifes.

By the time we finished cooking it was already 5:30. I quickly rushed upstairs to take a shower and change into a dress since aunty told me to dress appropriately. I haven’t been in a business dinner with my aunt’s family before so I was feeling pretty nervous.

-Ding Dong! Ding Dong!-

“Omo, they’re here!” Aunty exclaimed “Seohyun, can you please open the door while I bring out the rest of the meals?”
“Sure,” I replied.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted them in.
“Ah, this must be Mr. Lee’s niece,” the women in black pointed out.
“De, please come in,” I bowed and opened the door wider to let them in.

“Ah, welcome Mr. and Mrs. Jung. Please sit down,” my aunty exclaimed.
We all sat at the dinner table, I was pretty shy at first but then I got used to it a bit.
“So, Seohyun I hear you go to Seoul High,” Mrs. Jung asked.
“Oh, yes,” I replied.
“Oh great! Our son goes there too. I think he is in the same class as you.”
“Really? I don’t know if I know him but what is his name?” I asked excitedly wondering who her son is.
Mrs. Jung was about to talk when suddenly the door bell rang. I stood up and walked to the door.
 

“YOU!?!?!?!” We both yelled at the same time while pointing at each other.
“What are you doing here?!” I asked.
“What are you doing here?” he asked.
“I live here?” I gave him a blunt reply and a ‘duh’ face.

“Yonghwa is that you?” Mrs. Jung yelled from the kitchen.
“Seohyun, what are you guys still doing there? Come in now and eat,” my uncle called.
I slammed the door at Yonghwa’s face and walked in. *What is this? Now i have to face him?*

Yonghwa walked in and sat in front of me across the table. Throughout the whole meal I didn’t bother to look up into his face because I still haven’t forgiven him yet. The flashback of what happened that day came back to me every time I see Yonghwa’s face. My motto is ‘forgive and forget’ but I don’t know if I can keep it this time. I stabbed my fork into the pork which created a bang on the table.
“Omo, Seohyun Ah,” my aunty gasped.
“What happened Seohyun?” Mrs. Jung asked.
“De? Oh nothing, mianhe,” I replied back with an apologetic smile.
“Eat up Seohyun.” My aunty tapped me.

Just then someone kicked me underneath the table. “Oooww!” I yelped. Everyone stopped eating and turned to look at me.
“What happened?” Mr. Jung asked.
“Ani, it's nothing, I’m fine.” I looked over at Yonghwa and excused myself from the table. I went outside the back yard for some fresh air and sat beside the pool playing with the water. *Why is he pretending like nothing happened? Urgh I can’t stand his face. He looks like a squid --‘*  

“Hey,” someone said behind me. I jumped in shock and turned around to see Yonghwa leaning against the pole with his hands in his pockets.
“What do you want now?” I asked him while looking away.
“Can’t I come here for some fresh air?”
“There’s always the front garden,” I stood up.
“Look…Seohyun, about the other day...” he walked towards me.
I cut him off halfway and faced him face to face. *Get this over and done with Seohyun..* I thought to myself.
“What about the other day? Do you want to say sorry? Sorry doesn’t solve everything, I can forgive but it will be hard for me to forget, oh and welcome to my house aka my auntie’s house. My parents passed away, are you happy now?” I snapped at him.
“I didn’t mean to say it, I didn’t know your parents passed away until that friend of yours slapped me and told me the whole story..” he rubbed the back of his neck.
“Sunny? She slapped you?” I asked with a shocked expression.
“YEAHS! Do you have any idea how much it hurts? She is so violent,” he said in a cute tone.
“Maybe you deserved it,” I replied with a straight forward tone.

I could see Yonghwa’s shoulder deflate and I chuckled inside my head.
“I just want to say sorry, I really didn’t mean it,” he apologised again.
I looked over at the pool and thought of a marvellous out of the marvellous idea. I gave him a small grin and a smile, I could sense that he knows something is going to happen.
“You want to say sorry?” I walked towards him which made him step backwards
“Uh…Yes...” he muttered.
“Are you sure?” I stepped closer and closer until we were at the very edge of the pool.
“Take it or leave it,” he took out his hands for me to shake. I crossed my arms and looked at his hands.
“I’ll take it.” I grabbed his hands and pushed him in the pool.

-splosh! splash!-

 I burst out laughing seeing his expression on his face when he hit the water.
“YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” He splashed the water at me.
“Payback? You’re lucky I went easy one you.” I gave him a smile and walked away.
“WAIT!” He yelled. I turned around, “What?”
“I need to tell you something, come closer," he wiggled his finger to me.
*Tell me something else?* I gave him a confused face and walked over to him.
“Bend down…” he whispered.
“What?! Get out of the water and tell me?” I jumped back.
“No, I like it in here,” he whined.
I bent down and he signalled me to come closer. I bent down towards the edge of the pool and leaned near him.
“You know…when a person takes revenge…the other one should finish it off,” he whispered in my ear. I widened my eyes, I knew what he was going to do but before I could step back he pulled me in the water. Me and my dumb brain for not thinking about this earlier.

-SPLASH!-

I quickly rose up from the water shivering, “YAH! YOU SQUID FACE!” I muttered.
“Squid face? Oh you’re getting it!" He flashed a huge puddle of water at me. “Payback is nice,” he chuckled.
My aunty and uncle and Yonghwa’s parents came rushing out to the backyard and gasped at what happened.
“OMO! What happened to you guys? Why are you in the water at this type of weather?” My aunty exclaimed.
“Hurry and get out, you’re going to catch a cold. Both of you. Honey, grab me the towels on those seats,” Mrs. Jung pointed to the towels.

We got up from the pool and wrapped ourselves around with the towel. I was shivering so I had to go upstairs and change while Yonghwa stayed near the heater. By 8, Yonghwa and his family went home; the day was tiring so I feel straight on my bed right after I finished cleaning up around the house. *Ahhh…so tired!* I dazed off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry guys for the late update, i had a test and i was busying revising. Now, since the test is over i can come back updating my story! i will take a while to update next week because i have a HPE test so forgive me. :) kehe

thank you for all the people who commented and subscribed! heart please share my story around and keep commenting !