Getting closer

Falling For His Trap

The bell rang signalling it was home room period. Today the students have 15 minutes of home room before the day ends.

“OMG so like I’m going to Australia with my family.”
“Really? OMG that is so cool.”
“I’m going to go the Exo fan signing! I’m so excited!”
“I’m so jealous!”

“Yah.” Yonghwa kicked the leg of Seohyun’s chair.
“What?” She turned to him.
“Aren’t you supposed to be talking about what you are doing on the holidays with those girls?” He flicked his fringe.
“I’m not doing anything special. Plus even if I would I wouldn’t talk out loud.” Seohyun replied.
“Your different,” Yonghwa smirked.
“Thank you,” Seohyun slightly bowed her head and smiled.
“Aish.” Yonghwa pushed her head back. She glared at him while rubbing her forehead.

“Okay class! What does it feel like? Having a break from all this homework and assignments?” Mr. Shin walked in the door.
“GOOD! DAEBAK!” Students started yelling.
“Alright. Remember your exams are coming up so study well, other than that, have a fun and safe holiday!” Mr. Shin cheered.


 

*Oh yeah...today is Thursday isn’t it?* Yonghwa thought while putting a finger on his chin.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

The bell finally rang and everyone was rushing out the door like mad bulls. I slowly packed up my bag and walked out the door.

“Seohyun!” Sunny came running over.
“Sunny!” I ran towards her. It’s like our habit every time we see each other. We would always run to each other and give each other a hug.
“Ah, I’m going to miss you so much,” she hugged me tightly.
“Yes, I am too but I’m going to die if you don’t let me go.” I let out a small laugh.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to ask my parents to see if you can come?” she asked.
“Yes, I’m sure. Now go your car is already here.”
“Alright, I’ll call you! Bye!” Sunny waved and headed towards her car.

*Have fun…oh work!*

>>Fast Forward>>

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted.
“Ah Seohyun! Since it’s your last day of school today you can come home early from your shift okay?”  The ahjumma smiled.
“Gomawo. I’ll try my best! FIGHTING!” I pumped my fist.
“Alright, now go and get changed.” She smiled and left.

After changing I went out and from what I thought free I saw Yonghwa leaning against the counter. *Why is he here again?* I tip toed up to him.

“Don’t even think about pushing me off.” He turned around and smiled.
“Why are you here again?” I crossed my arms.
“Why can’t I here?” he asked.
“Why can’t you answer my question?” I slapped my hands on the counter.
“Why can’t you answer mine?” he slammed his hands on the counter repeating what I just did.

“What’s happening out here?”  The ahjumma came rushing out.
“Annyeonghaseyo!” Yonghwa bowed.
“Hello dear what brings you here today?” She smiled.
“I just want to see how Seohyun is coping,” he replied.
“Ah I see you must be her boyfriend.”
“A-aniyo! He is not my boy-”
“De,” Yonghwa smiled and put his arms over my shoulder.

With that the ahjumma smiled and went in the kitchen.

I quickly stepped away from him, “Are you crazy? 1. I am not your girlfriend. 2. You are not my boyfriend and 3. What are you doing here?”
“I was just joking, take a chill pill.” He laughed.
“Aish. Why are you always bothering me?” I crossed my arms.
“I know you like my company.” He smirked and sat at one of the tables.

>>Fast Forward>>

It was nearly time for me to clean up. There were quite a few customers coming in and out today. Most of them were girls who came to get a glimpse of Yonghwa and asking for a picture. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and turned to Yonghwa to catch him staring at me.

“Do I have something on my face?” I touched my face. He stood up and walked towards me. He held up this thumb and wiped off the powder on my right cheek near my lips. I stood there frozen like ice.

“All clear.” He smiled. I stood there starring at his face; I’ve never seen this side of him before.
“Admiring my face?” He smirked.
I snapped out of my daze and looked away before he could catch me blushing, “I-I have to clean…” I rushed into the change rooms. *Phew…*
After a few minutes of trying to calm myself down, I walked out to see Yonghwa cleaning.
“What are you doing?” I rushed over to him.
“Oh I let your boyfriend help since he volunteered,” the ahjumma smiled.

“Ahjumma! He is not my boyfriend! Let me take that,” I reached out to grab the powder.
“I can carry it, it’s heavy,” he pulled it back.
“I always carry this, it’s not heavy.”  I pulled harder.
“Just sit back and relax,” he pulled twice the amount which caused the powder bag to rip open and the powder flew everywhere. We both fell backwards all covered in powder.

“Aish!” I started coughing.
The ahjumma came running out and was shocked by the scene, “Omo! Did you guys get hurt? What happened?”
“Mianhe, I wasn’t careful enough.” I stood up and bowed.
“Don’t worry. Just hurry and clean it up then go home okay? You’ve worked pass the time I told you too work.” She patted my shoulder and walked away. I heard laughing from the floor so I looked down.

“What are you laughing at? You caused this mess!”
“You’re the one that started to pull it away from me. You look like ghost!” he cracked up laughing.
“And you look like those people who mime in drama.” I smiled sarcastically while patting the powder off my hair.
We both looked at each other and started laughing. After a while we cleaned up and headed home.

“Bye! I’ll see you next time!” I waved to the ahjumma and left.
“Is anyone picking you up?” Yonghwa asked.
“Yeah, my aunty is coming.” I kicked the pebbles on the ground. He nodded and looked up at the sky. “Aren’t you going home?” I asked.
“I will, but not now.”
*Is he waiting for me to leave?* I nodded my head slowly and looked up at the sky, “Isn’t it pretty?”


“Hmmm?”
“The stars.” I pointed to the biggest one.
“Very bright,” he smiled and looked at me. “Just like you.”

I blushed madly and looked away. “Because I’m covered in powder? I look like a ghost.” I joked.
“No, because you are a star.” He stared at me. Suddenly my phone rang disturbing the eye contact between us, “Yoboseyo? Oh okay, I’m coming.”  I hung up the phone. “I have to go now. Good night.” I smiled and crossed the road.

 

------------

I walked up to my room and looked out the window recalling what happened earlier. *He’s not that bad as I thought he would be.* I smiled and went to the bathroom. I came out after shower and dried my hair. I fell on the bed and cuddled my pillow against my chest. *He was right, I do enjoy his company.* With a smile, I drifted off to dreamland.