Haeundae Beach - Day 2

Falling For His Trap

It was already morning and the adults including Cho Hee were outside preparing for breakfast.

“Cho Hee dear can you tell Seohyun to wake up and that breakfast is ready?” Mrs. Lee asked.
“Okay mum!” Cho Hee happily skipped to the van.


“SEOHYUN SEOHYUN SEOHYUN MUMMY SAID WAKE UP AND BREAKFAST IS READY!” Cho Hee yelled in her ear.


 

Startled by the loud noise, Seohyun shot up. “Okay okay, I’m awake.” Seohyun looked at the mirror, fixed her hair and went out.

 

“Morning everyone,” Seohyun greeted.
“Morning dear. Go and get cleaned up then eat breakfast.” Mrs. Lee greeted back.
“Oh by the way Seohyun,” Mrs. Jung called out.
Seohyun turned around, “De?”
“Can you please wake Yonghwa up for us?” She brightly smiled.
“Me?!” Seohyun pointed to herself.
“Silly your name is Seohyun isn’t it? Now go hurry or the food will be gone.” Mrs. Jung shooed her away.

*Why me? Why can’t Cho Hee do it or something?*

Seohyun stomped all the way to the other van and knocked on the door. “Yongie Yongie?” She called.
There was no reply. “Yonghwa?” Still there was no reply. *This guy is a deep sleeper.*

“YAH YONGHWA!” Seohyun yelled and banged the door. It flung open and hit Seohyun’s face causing her fall to the ground. “Ahhhhhh…” She cried and looked up at Yonghwa. He was wearing a white plain t- and grey Trackies and his bed hair was still on. *Holy Sh---- that is cute. What Seohyun what the? He just hit you with the door!*
Yonghwa stared down at Seohyun with a poker face like nothing happened, “You called me?”
“You Y$^^@*$^@&*^$@)!$)!” Seohyun mumbled while rubbing her forehead.


 

“Speak English, I do not speak gibberish,” He stretched.
“Aren’t you going to say sorry? You hit me with the door which made me fall you rude alien.”
“Mianhe.” He apologised coldly.
“Aish, get up. Breakfast is ready.” Seohyun pointed her finger to him and moved her thumb indicating, 'you. outside.'

---------------

It was already afternoon, the sun was about to set so Seohyun told Cho Hee to go back up the camp site and get ready for dinner. Seohyun decided to stay back down the beach to take a little stroll. While Seohyun was walking, she noticed a family walking on the beach with the girl in the middle holding her parents hands on either side of her.

Flashback

“You know Seohyun, if you stand in the water and digg your foot in the sand, you won’t feel cold anymore.” Seohyun’s dad instructed.
“Really Appa?” Little Seohyun smiled.
“Of course. You know how much I love you?” He looked at her.
“As wide as the ocean dad, it never ends,” little Seohyun chuckled.
“Correct.” Her dad tapped her nose.

“Honey! Seohyun! Let’s eat!” Seohyun’s mum called.
“I’m coming mum!” Seohyun yelled. “I’ll race you there dad!”
“Oh I’m coming to get you!” He chased after her.

End of Flashback

 A tear rolled down Seohyun’s face as she remembered the time their family went on a small vacation to the beach. That was when she was just 4 years old. Her parents finally had a short amount of time to spend with her. Seohyun sniffed the air with tears falling down continuously from her eyes, a cold breeze went past her causing her to shiver.*Aish, I should’ve brought a jacket with me.*

Seohyun turned around to go only to realise that Yonghwa was right behind her all these time and quickly wiped her tears away.

“Yonghwa? What are you doing here?” She asked.
“Aren’t I supposed to be asking you that?” He asked.
“Just needed some air,” Seohyun shrugged.

“Kids! Dinner is ready!” Mrs. Lee called from the camp site.

“Come on, let’s go and eat or the food will be gone!” Seohyun smiled and walked up. With watery eyes added to her clumsiness, she tripped over a rock and fell down. “Wooop!”
“Seohyun! Are you okay?” Yonghwa came rushing over.
“I’m fine, clumsy me,” she laughed it off and tried to get up but ended up falling down again.
“Ahhhh,” Seohyun winced in pain.
“Are you sure you’re okay? You seem to be in pain.”
“I’m fine,” Seohyun smiled and tried to get up. Just like the first time, she fell back down but now the pain was double. *Why am I so clumsy? Ahh it hurts so much.*

Out of nowhere, Yonghwa grabbed her ankle and examined it. “You’ve sprained your ankle stupid. Come on I’ll help you up.”
With the help of Yonghwa, Seohyun managed to get up.
“Can you walk?” He asked.
“Yeah, I think so,” she answered and try to take a step but ending up falling but not on the ground but in someone else’s arms.
“Get on my back,” He squatted in front of her.
“Bwoh?” She asked shocked by his actions.
“Get on my back if you want to have dinner!” He pulled her hands which made her tumble towards his back. Seohyun wrapped her arms around his neck, “Gomawo.”

When they both reached the camp site, Yonghwa placed Seohyun on the chair and the adults gathered around her.
“Are you okay?” Mrs. Jung asked.
“De, I’m fine.” Seohyun replied.
“I’ll get an ice pack for you,” Seohyun’s aunt went to get and ice pack.
“Seohyun are you okay?” Cho Hee asked worriedly.
“I’m fine, go and eat.” Seohyun lightly patted her head.

While everyone was eating, Yonghwa would take glances at Seohyun to make sure if she is alright. Seohyun would glance back at him when he is eating. *His back fells so comfortable. Well, at least he has a soft side to him.* 

“What are you staring at?” Yonghwa asked. Seohyun snapped back to realise that Yonghwa was right in front of her holding a plate of food.
“Hmm?” She asked.
“Never mind, eat this,” he shoved the food to her. “But don’t eat too much; my back is hurting because of you.”
*Forget about the soft side thing, he is as arrogant as before.* “I wasn’t the one asking you to carry me.” Seohyun scoffed and looked away.

*Somehow she seems so off today, is it me or is something bothering her bad…* Yonghwa thought.

-------

It was already 1am and Seohyun was still tossing and turning around in the van.  Annoyed, she quietly crawled out the van and closed the door softly. After succeeding, she sighed and limped out to the benches and noticed someone sitting there already.

“Yonghwa?” Seohyun whispered.

He turned around and was shocked to see her standing there.

 


 

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry.” Seohyun apologised.
“I’m used to people looking at me from behind.” He smirked.
“What is that supposed to mean?” Seohyun raised an eyebrow.
“Dinner, you kept looking at me didn’t you?”

*How did he…?* Seohyun blushed but thanked god that it was dark so he couldn’t see anything. “I’ve noticed you did the same,” she replied.
Yonghwa stiffened up and started coughing, “Me looking at you? Don’t get mixed up but I was looking at the beach behind you. It was more fascinating. No offence.”
“Oh none taken.” She snapped back at him. *Idiot squid face.*

“So what are you doing here late at night?” Yonghwa asked.
“Nothing, just thinking.” Seohyun walked up to him and sat beside him. “What about you?”
“Same.” He shrugged. “What are you thinking about?”

 “As wide as the ocean.” Seohyun replied while looking out the beach. “My parents would always ask me, ‘Do you know how much I love you?’ and I would reply, ‘As wide as the ocean.’ My parents loved the beach a lot because it was our first time together alone for years, they had their marriage there too and because of the ocean and how they show their love to me.”

*So is this the reason why she is so down today?* “You must really miss them a lot,” Yonghwa gazed at Seohyun.
“More than a lot…” She whispered. “So why are you here?” She changed her tone to a happy tone.

“My back hurts. How much do you weigh?” He asked while massaging his shoulders.
“Yah! I wasn’t the one who told you to piggy back me!” She shouted.
“Ssshhhh, everyone is sleeping!” Yonghwa put his finger towards his lips.

Seohyun got up and stood behind Yonghwa, “You need a massage?”  With that, she punched his back everywhere causing him to shout in pain. “Now isn’t that better?” She dusted her hands and walked back to the van.
“Yah!” He called out and ran to her.
“You better say sorry.” He grabbed her wrist.


 

“Mianhe.” Seohyun said coldly doing the exact thing that Yonghwa did to her yesterday morning.

Yonghwa let go of her wrist and smirked. *That was easy.* When they reached the van, Yonghwa opened the door. –BOOM-
“Ahhh!” Seohyun cried from the floor.
Yonghwa looked to his left and behind him but couldn’t find where the cry came from anywhere, when he turned to his right he found Seohyun on the floor covering her nose. “OOooo,” Yonghwa scrunched up his nose.
“Okay, you’ve got to stop hitting me.” Seohyun said while trying to get up.
“Mianhe. Maybe you needed it for hitting me before,” he laughed.
“I said sorry you jerk.” Seohyun slapped his arm and went in the van. Just as she was about to close the door Yonghwa called out.

“Seohyun!”
“Hmmm?” She replied.
“Good night,” he smiled.
“Pssh,” Seohyun scoffed and closed the door.

Seohyun pulled up her blankets and closed her eyes. *Good night Yonghwa.*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Is this chapter boring ? :/ mianhe if it is. thank you for the people who commented on chapter 38 hahah you guys make me smile :) thank you for your support <3 hopefully you continue supporting my story !