Missed

Complications

My POV

_______: It will be alright!! I’ll only be there for a week with Soohae, we’ll be safe, Mir and Lisa will be there to look after us!

Donghae: It’s not that I don’t trust Mir, it’s more of the fact that I’m scared he won’t be able to protect from Sasaeng fans, if they come attacking you guys again. I can’t let them do anything to you again! I already feel so guilty for what happened last time. I couldn’t even protect you guys properly. I don’t only want to be successful as an artist; I also want to be a successful husband and father.

He yelled, louder and louder.

Donghae: Can’t you see that I don’t want you guys to leave me? Can’t you see that I just want to be there as much as possible and not go days without you guys? I want to live with you guys, I want to protect you guys. Can’t you see?!

______: Donghae, I know what you’re thinking and that’s the whole reason as to why I am going to America! If I go to America, I can visit Mir and Lisa and they can also look after us. I’m also able to go to places that Soohae has been pleading me to take her back! I can also take a break!

Donghae: A break from what? From me?! Can you really not see?

______: Donghae! You’re being unreasonable! You’re being so selfish right now! I just want to take a break from things here in Korea. Plus, I haven’t visited America in so long. I just want to go back to bring some of the stuff I left in America anyway! It’s not like I’m not coming back, so I don’t know what I can’t see!

I yelled back at him at an equally loud voice.

He grabbed me on the shoulders and shook me.

Donghae: That’s the thing! I’m scared that you won’t come back. I’m not confident. Not, at you, but at myself. I’m scared I haven’t done enough to make you stay by me forever. I’m scared that I will lose you again. That’s what you can’t see. I just want to be able to see you every day and spend the rest of my life with you.

His face was filled with anger and fear. He suddenly took my face, and pressed his lips on me hard. I tried to push him away and when I managed to, I immediately regreted my actions. His face was wet from tears falling from his face with a hurt look on. I could tell he was not only sad about me wanting to go to America for a vacation; he was also hurt because I pushed him away.

Donghae: I just don’t want you to leave.

He whispered to me whilst hugging and pressing his head onto my shoulder.

______: I’m sorry Donghae. I’m sorry I couldn’t understand you. I always knew I was stubborn. I don’t know if this is too much of me to ask you. But maybe we can go together? If your schedule allows it, we can go together Soohae. I’m sure she’d like it. We could also go to the places we went before, and I’ll introduce Lisa to you. Will that be okay?

He nuzzled himself into my neck.

______: I don’t know what response that is Donghae.

I whispered to Donghae’s ears whilst the back of his head.

He lifted his head and looked at me. I wiped his tears and kissed him gently on the lips.

______: What do you say?

He kissed me on the forehead.

Donghae:  I think that says it all.

I smiled at him and hugged him again.

Donghae: I’m sorry; I didn’t want to argue with you. I never did.

______: It’s alright. Sometimes, arguments are all we need to improve a relationship. I understand why you were so worried. You were just trying to protect me and Soohae. But I didn’t think you would still think I’d still leave you. Be confident Donghae. I promise to never leave you, we’re already married! Un—

Donghae smiled and kissed me on the lips, cutting me off, before realizing that a ‘unless’ was coming out of my mouth. He immediately frowned and I laughed at his expression.

_____: Unless……, there is another man out there who is even more handsome and sweeter than you are, standing in front of me.

He smirked.

Donghae: Well in that case I won’t have to worry because I am pretty sure there are not many people out there who are more handsome and sweet than me.

______: self-conceited jerk

Donghae: Only for you!

 

 

Donghae: This place is beautiful

He told me whilst staring at the night view in front of him.

We arrived in America two weeks after that argument we had about coming to America.

______: you’ve been here so many times

Donghae: yeah, but I never actually got to spend the time standing out on the balcony of the hotel room and just looking at the view. The curtains were closed most of the time seeing as the fans knew where we were staying.

____: Well, enjoy it as much as you can now, because this house where Soohae and I stayed as is so safe and quiet.

He grinned at me and I walked off to find Soohae who was playing in the living room.

_____: Soohae-ah, I’ve got both good news and bad news for you. Which one do you want to listen to first?

Soohae: good news!!

____: good news is that we will be visiting Uncle Mir and Auntie Lisa tomorrow!

Soohae: YAAAAAAY! I miss Uncle Mir and Auntie Lisa!

She screamed whilst throwing her arms up in the air. I laughed at her cuteness. Usually, I would tell her to lower her voice if she was screaming this loud at night, but because we were in our house in America and not in an apartment, I let her scream until her hearts content.

_____: Soohae-ah, the bad news is that we need to visit Dr. Lee tomorrow to get your last vaccination.

She stopped screaming immediately and looked down with tears threatening to fall.

I went over to Soohae and held her.

____: Hey, look at me.

I tilted her head up gently.

____: it’ll be over in a few seconds.

Donghae: and Appa, will be there with you.

He walked over from the balcony and sat down on the floor, making Soohae sit on his lap.

Donghae: Appa will hug you tightly so that it won’t hurt, okay?

Soohae nodded her head slowly and held onto Donghae tightly whilst he wiped the tears that were threating to fall away.

Donghae: Appa, will always be there for Soohae, when she is scared or hurt. Just believe in Appa.

He said to her and kissed her forehead.

I smiled at what he said. There and then, I realized once again, that I have married the right person.

 

 

We arrived at Mir’s the next day at noon and were greeted by the smell of delicious food.

Mir: Hey, you’re finally here!

Mir opened the door for us and we entered the house.

I hugged Mir and exchanged greetings before he went on to carry Soohae.

_____: where’s Lisa?

Mir: In the kitchen.

____: Great! I’ll go say hi to her.

I then turned to Donghae.

______: Spend some time with Mir?

I looked at him with pleading eyes, hoping he would understand what I was asking for.

He smiled back at me and gave me an assuring pat.

I smiled at him and then at Mir and walked towards the kitchen.


Donghae POV

After ____ left to find Lisa, I looked at Mir and smiled awkwardly. It was our first encounter after the day _____ decided to leave Korea two years ago.

Mir: Soohae-ah do you want to take Appa out to the backyard? I’ll go and get some drinks okay? I put her down and nodded at Donghae before walking off.

Soohae dragged me to the backyard. There was a balcony and a large patch of open grass. Soohae ran down the balcony and started to play in the grass, whilst I stood at the balcony, leaning against it and watched Soohae play.

Mir: She’s grown so much.

I turned my head to the side and took the drink Mir offered me.

Donghae: Thanks.

Mir: It’s good to see ____ expressing her love for you again. Not having to worry about anyone else.

Donghae: Was she happy?

He looked at me.

Donghae: I meant, was she happy when she came to America?

Mir: To be honest, no. She wasn’t happy at all, especially with what had happened between the two of you that night.

Donghae: she told you?

Mir: I found out when she came back the next morning. Then she told me. I knew then, that I could no longer love her like how I did anymore. Not because of what she did with you, but because I knew for a fact that, if it wasn’t someone she dearly loved, no matter how big of a mistake it was, she wouldn’t have done it with you. I decided to just protect her and love her like a sister then, rather than as a woman.

Donghae: How long did it take her to be happy again?

Mir: Honestly, it wasn’t until Soohae was born that she started to genuinely smile again. She knew she needed to forget about the past and focus on the present. When, she first knew she was pregnant, she was devastated. She even wanted to abort the baby. Eventually, of course I convinced her not to and I helped her through her pregnancy. Buying food that she craved for, took her to check ups, buying baby equipment, but that wasn’t the worst. The worst was seeing her in pain when she was giving birth to Soohae.  She was stuck in labor for more than 15 hours and when she finally gave birth, she was so exhausted that she couldn’t even carry Soohae. But when she was able to carry her, that, was the first time I had seen her smiled genuinely, in a while.

I cringed when he told me what ____ had experienced whilst being pregnant with Soohae. I was supposed to be the one buying food for her, taking her to check ups and feeling the excitement of knowing what the gender of the baby was. I was supposed to be the one who was there for her when she was experiencing pain from labor. I, was supposed to be next to her when Soohae was born. But, I missed it all. I missed the woman of my life preparing to become a mother. I missed the chance of being there for her and help her like most other husbands would when their wives were pregnant. I missed the chance of becoming excited and nervous on becoming a new parent. I missed the chance of supporting her when she needed it. But most importantly, I missed the chance of seeing my wife bring our child into this world.

It was hard enough to know that I wasn’t there for _____ when she gave birth to Soohae. But knowing that I had also missed a big part of Soohae’s development, it completely killed me. I missed her first steps, first words and first teeth. Even if I had been given pictures of them at the time, it wasn’t enough.

Two years is not enough, to travel to every place in the world for a concert. But it is definitely enough to miss out on the developments of a person.

I am not going to miss out on any part of their lives again.

I love Soohae. But I needed another child.

And, I needed one, now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!! Thank you for sticking with us!  :D Here is another chapter for you all. I hope you enjoy you! Just a note in advance. This story is coming to an end. The next chapter is going to be the final chapter. It has been a long journey and finally we are almost at the end. Thank you so much for the support. Also, i have another story planned. I have got the storyline and characters all planned out. I just need to start writing the story. However, i havent decided on whether or not i really will post yet. Because unlike with Complications, i wish to organise myself better and write ahead of time so that i can just post on set dates. That way, you guys won't need to wait as long for an update , and i will be doing what i should be doing as an author. But all that is in the future! For now, enjoy the update and wait for the finale. It will be up ASAP!!! XD