Night on the Beach

Complications

KyuHyun's POV:

I woke up and checked the time. I couldn't sleep.

The clock read 7.30pm.

ONLY?! 

Ayssi. 

I didn’t want to stay here any longer... I have hurt HyunA but… It seems like that I still have small feelings for her. Ayssi, like I always said… Or what ____ has said in the past, if you truly loved someone, you wouldn’t have fallen for another. 

I left my hut and decided to take a stroll on the beach.

I sat down on the soft, warm sand, hearing the waves hit against the shore. I stared at the horizon and slowly watched as the sky turned from a warm orange and dark blue to a purple, navy colour. The stars twinkled in the night sky. I hugged my knees close to me and rested my chin on them.

Pictures flashed through my mind – all the things I regretted and all the things I wished I could’ve said.  I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe in. I could smell salt in the air and feel a light, warm breeze gently hit me across the face.

It was so peaceful.

I immediately opened my eyes when I heard slow but light footsteps approaching from behind. I didn’t bother to turn around but I became alert. Then, I heard someone sit beside me. I turned to my left as my heart skipped a beat for a moment.

Me:What are you doing here?

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. The one that said “I’m glad you’re talking to me”.

You: Enjoying the night.

I turned to face the sea.

Sea…

Hae...

DongHae… Meaning East Sea. Ayssi, now common nouns start reminding me that _____ isn’t mine?!  I have seriously lost my mind.

Me: Where’s DongHae?

I asked her, still keeping my eyes locked on the smaller waves. I could feel her gaze on me.

You: He’s with EunHyuk, YeSung and HeeChul.

Me: Oh... –nods- I see.

I wish I could turn back time and make everything right. I didn’t like us being so distant.

You & I:So—

Me: Mianhe, go ahead.

You: Ah… Alright… Erm, aren’t the stars pretty?

I took a peak at her. She was smiling and facing the blanket of stars covering the night sky. The breeze and sound of the ocean made it even nicer. To experience something like that… To experience something with her felt great.

Me:Ye, it is.

I added, facing the night sky as well.

You: KyuHyun oppa, jeongmal mianheyo...

I turned to face her. She was still facing the night sky but her smile had disappeared.

Me:Gwaenchanayo. Let’s… Let’s not talk about it. It’ll ruin the night.

She laughed weakly and nodded.

You: Ne, I guess it will.

Me: I’m sorry about HyunA… I couldn’t do anything.

You:-scoffs- Ya… Why are you apologizing? It’s her fault not yours.

Me: Yeah but you keep getting hurt. Not mentally but PHYSICALLY hurt.

You:Aniyo.

Me: ____, I’m sorry I didn’t believe you when you said you didn’t physically hurt HyunA. I.. Na nun paboda (I am an idiot / I am stupid).

I saw her stiffen. She slowly met my eyes.

You: I… I’m glad you know. How did you---

Me: I questioned her. After spending time with her, I started to find out her tricks.

You: Well, she should consider being a magician since you probably only know a quarter of her tricks.

We looked at one another for a moment before bursting into laughter. Man, did this feel normal – I enjoyed it.

 

You: Come on, we should get back to the huts.

Me: Ah ne, it is really late right now.

She stood up and waited for me to do the same. Once I did, I smiled at her and the both of us headed back to our hurts in silence. It wasn’t the awkward kind of silence but the silence that meant each of us was thinking of something.

When we arrived at her hut, she bid me goodnight.

You: I’ll see you tomorrow morning with the other members. Don’t miss out on breakfast! I heard we are going to have banana waffles with honey.

Me: Oh jincha? –smiles- That’s great. See you tomorrow then. Goodnight –smiles-

You: -smiles back- Ne, goodnight.

She turned around and was about to close the door.

Without thinking, I hugged her from behind and took in her scent. I quickly let her go when I heard laughter. It was DongHae.

Me: Ne, goodnight, ____.

I then put my hands in my pockets and strolled back to my hut, hoping DongHae wouldn’t spot me since he was only around the corner.

Your POV:

I finally saw DongHae with HyukJae, YeSung and HeeChul. They were laughing and blabbering about nonsensical subjects.

But I was still frozen stiff.

What did KyuHyun just do?

DongHae:____-ah~

He ran up to me and gave me a peck on the lips sweetly.

YeSung: Ya, EunHyuk, how can you stand the both of them? You’re even sharing a hut with them!

EunHyuk: Practice makes perfect –smiles-

HyukJae replied, arrogantly.

HeeChul: Hope we weren’t stealing DongHae for too long

HeeChul said, smiling and putting his arm on DongHae’s shoulder.

Me: -laughs weakly- Ani, ani. I was taking a stroll on the beach.

DongHae: -pouts- I wish I was with you…

YeSung: HeeChul… I think we should leave.

HeeChul: -nods- SEEEEEE YAAAAA ______~

EunHyuk: YA, WHAT ABOUT ME?!

YeSung:Practice makes perfect~

YeSung replied, sticking his tongue out and pulling HeeChul to their hut. I smiled at DongHae and held his hand as we let EunHyuk into the hut first.

Was I going to tell him what had happened?

Sigh… DongHae would mind so much.

DongHae: ? … _____-ah, gwaenchana?

Me:Ah? Ne, ne, gwaenchana~ I’m just tired after the stroll. I was killing time.

DongHae:-kisses forehead- Sorry to make you wait.

Me: It’s alright, did you guys have fun at the arcade?

DongHae: Of course! Too bad we couldn’t bring the maknae along…

Ayssi, DongHae, don’t remind me of ‘the maknae’.

Me: Well, that’s too bad… :\

He closed the door behind us and locked it as I headed to my comfortable single bed. DongHae followed behind me as I lay flat on my bed.

DongHae grabbed me by my waist and pulled me up with all his strength. I laughed as it tickled and he laughed as he pulled me. Then, he gave me a hug from behind and pulled me towards him. He rested his chin on my shoulder and kissed my neck.

Me: Ya…

DongHae:Wae?

He asked, looking innocent. I replied with a kiss on the cheek before EunHyuk came out of the bathroom, looking at us awkwardly.

EunHyuk:Erm… I’ll just er… I’ll –points to his bed- You know. Bed. I’ll just… Bed. Goodnight.

He smiled awkwardly and waved to us for no apparent reason and hoped into his bed, He covered himself with the covers. It seemed like there was a huge white bump on the bed. DongHae and I laughed at EunHyuk’s silliness and awkwardness.

DongHae: Saranghaeyo

Then I think about what had just happened between KyuHyun and I.

Me: Mmm ne, saranghaeyo.

DongHae pulled me into a kiss before leaving me to fall into a deep slumber.

I dreamt about what had happened that night.

Between KyuHyun and I.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (A/N) Hey guys! Thanks for reading and subscribing! We will update soon! So please be patient! :DD Hope you have been enjoying our fanfic! THANK YOU!