Timing

Complications

Eunhyuk’s POV

Eunhyuk:  Donghae, it’s been almost four months since you guys saw each other. Don’t you think you should…. I don’t know….uh.. spice things up a little before you do this? I mean, just in case?

I said to him whilst shrugging as he kept looking at all the different products available-picking out the best one that fits _____.

Donghae: hyung, I just want to speed things up a bit. The fact that we haven’t been able to see each other or for  four months worry me. I don’t want to lose her again. I mean you’ve seen how busy I’ve been these four months, I can’t even go home to see her and Soohae and I miss them so much.

This one please.

He said to the employee as she started taking it out.

Eunhyuk: All the members were busy. Don’t take all the credit yourself. But, I hope things go well.

Donghae: It well and I know it.

He said while looking at the object in his hands.

Donghae: what do you think?

I took a brief look at it and nodded approvingly.

Eunhyuk: simple yet elegant. Fit’s her perfectly.

Donghae: I’ll take this one then.

He said to the employee and paid.

 

Donghae’s POV

____: hello?

Donghae: ____-ah, it’s me

____: I know.

Donghae: of course you know! I mean it’s impossible for you to forget your love’s voice right?

I laughed, expecting a laugh from her as well, but I heard nothing. Maybe she was mad at me for not meeting her so long? Maybe she was mad at me for not calling her the past two weeks?

Donghae: are you free tonight?

____: maybe, why?

Donghae: I want to see you and Soohae tonight.

____: tonight 8.30?

 I grinned widely. Yes half of my event is completed.

Donghae: sounds great! I’ll see you guys then.

______: bye.

Donghae: wait…. _____? A-are you alright?

______: mmhm

Donghae: a-a-alright, I’ll see you tonight then. Bye.

And she hung up without saying anything to me. I’ll just have to explain to her and Soohae tonight. I’m sure they’d understand.

8.30 seemed to come by really quickly as I was already standing in front of our house entering the password with  a tense and nervous heart. Had she changed? How is she now? How much has Soohae grown?

 

 My POV

The unlocking of the door sounded and I immediately knew who it was. Instead of jumping up to him, I stayed still on the couch still holding my magazine-pretending to be oblivious of the scene.

Soohae came out of her room and as soon as she saw who it was she immediately screamed and ran up to him.

Soohae: appa!!!!

Donghae: Soohae!

Finally, I turned my head and saw Donghae holding Soohae in a tight embrace. He still looked the same as four months ago. Just a bit..tense?

Donghae: you’ve grown so much Soohae.

Soohae: I missed you so much appa!

Donghae: I did too! Look what I got for you Soohae.

He took out the items one by one.

Soohae: coloring book, coloring pencils and A BIG TEDDY BEAR!! THANK YOU SO MUCH APPA!

She ran into her room carrying all her presents with her.

 I turned around facing my magazine again as I heard his footsteps getting closer.

Donghae:____

He sat right next to me and pulled me in for a hug and kissed me on the forehead.

Donghae: I missed you so much!

I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t

____: same.

He gave me a single rose which I accepted and put on the coffee table.

____: thanks.

Donghae: ____, I know that your mad at me for not coming home the last four months and not calling you the last two weeks. But, I’ve just been so busy with work. We’ve been flying overseas and back a lot. When I’m overseas I try to call you but realize that it’s really late here in Korea already and I don’t want to wake you up. When I’m back in Korea, I try to call you as well, but I get home so late that I just fall asleep immediately. I’m sorry. I hope you understand.

I nodded.

____: I understand. It’s your job.

He smiled and suddenly knelt down on one leg in front of me.

Donghae: ____, over these past few years, we’ve been through a lot of ups and downs. A lot of happy memories and a lot of hurtful memories. Although we’ve been through all that, we’ve made it until this far and right now at this moment I want to tell you that I’m willing to protect you, to be responsible of you, to be your shoulder to lean on, to be your warmth and your oxygen and to be your prince charming wherever and whenever you are. At this moment, I officially ask you, w-will you Lee _____ marry this fool who’s willing to do anything for you?

He held out a box containing a ring inside, waiting for my answer.

My eyes were tearing. His words were the sweetest but the more sweet he is the more I miss him.

_____: Donghae, I would love to ……b-b

Donghae: really?!  Thank you so much _____.

He put the ring on my finger, hugged me and kissed me.

______: Donghae, I-

Donghae: I’ve got something to show you.

He pulled me upstairs quickly and we stood outside the locked room.

Donghae: open it.

He looked at me and gave me the key.

I looked at him still with tears in my eyes.

I finally unlocked the door and walked in. It was probably the best thing that I’ve seen. The walls were painted a light grayish color, and in the middle of the room lay a wooden framed bed with white sheets neatly laid out. There was a bathroom in the room that was pretty spacious. There was a balcony that had an amazing view of the beach and the city. And on that same wall was a timeline made by thin strings with stickered numbers for the dates. The photos from the very first time that we met, to the dates that we had, to the day he met Soohae, were all hung up in the right slots. All the sweet moments even some angry moments were all hung up on the wall. There was however a huge gap in between some of the photos. I looked at the dates closely and realized that those empty slots were the dates that we were separated.

I turned back to Donghae.

Donghae: do you like it? I planned this a long time ago. There was nothing going through my mind other than you and Soohae the moment I put these up.

____: Donghae, I have to tell you something.

Donghae: what is it?

____: I’m going back to America.

He froze in his spot and suddenly lost his grin.

____: I’ve got a position at the photo studio. They called me the other day to let me know.

Donghae: but, you just agreed to my proposal. You can’t leave.

____: Donghae, I hadn’t finished my sentence. You cut me off. Besides, it’s almost time for Soohae to go to school anyway. By the time we get there and arranged everything, it would be just perfect.

Donghae: you don’t need that job. I can support you, I can find enough to support the both of you.I-i

_____: Donghae, I know that. But this isn’t about you supporting us. You know how much I’ve wanted to work at the photo studio in America. This is my dream.

He looked at me with pleading eyes.

I took the ring off my finger, held out his hand and gave the ring back to him.

_____: the timing’s just not right. I’m sorry.