Open The Door

Complications

“I want to get the door!” yelled SooHae, who bolted to the door. ____ laughed, “Don’t run or you’ll slip!”

DongHae put a hand around _____’s waist and kissed ____ on the cheek. “She’s just like you.”

____ was sceptical. “Excuse me? She’s just like you.”

Oppa!” yelled someone at the door. DongHae and ____ turned to see the stranger and frowned. SooHae came running to ____ and hugged her legs.

“Omma, there’s a woman at the door who’s asking for appa.”

“What?” DongHae walked to the door and raised an eyebrow at the girl. “Sorry, may I help you?”

“Oppa,” she pouted. “Do you know how long it took me to find you?”

“Um, sorry, what is this about?” he asked, still confused about the entire situation.

“Your wife is so pretty oppa!” she smiled, though it looked as though it were forced and sinister.

“DongHae, I’ll be in the room,” ____ said. ____ carried her daughter and they walked into SooHae’s room.

“Omma, who’s the lady?” asked SooHae sweetly. ____ smiled, since she, like DongHae, was bewildered by the situation.

“I don’t know, baby, but stay in your room and keep the door shut, alright?” ____ smiled. She grabbed a box full of SooHae’s stuffed toys and tipped it over, the contents spilling onto the floor as SooHae screamed with joy.

“My puppy!” screamed SooHae, as she dived for a Maltese-looking plush toy. ____ laughed and kissed her daughter on the forehead. “Play well for a while, alright? Omma will play with you once I talk to appa and the lady.”

“Neeeeeee,” sang SooHae. ____ left the room and shut the door softly. From where she was standing, she could see DongHae still talking to the lady. DongHae turned back and made a face at ____, clearly indicating that he was still unsure what this lady was going on about. I sighed and headed to the master bedroom to get my handphone just in case something went wrong.

“____!” yelled DongHae. I jumped, surprised by his booming voice. I started to turn around when someone elbowed me in the head, knocking me back onto the wall.

“DongHae?” ____ rubbed the side of her head, trying to ease the pain. She tried making out the face of the culprit but her vision was blurry.

“YOU STOLE MY OPPA!” yelled the lady. ____ was still in pain and couldn’t speak just yet.

“What the hell are you doing?! How dare you just wander into my house!” ____’s vision was improving by the second and although it was still blurred out a little, she could make out DongHae grasping the lady’s arms, as she struggled to free herself.

“OPPA!” she screamed. Then, she smiled sinisterly. She was enjoying DongHae physically “assaulting” her. ____ found it disgusting.

“You’re insane,” snarled DongHae, who pushed her away from him. While DongHae was preoccupied with the crazy sasaeng fan, ____’s vision returned and she quickly grabbed her phone that was lying on her bed. She dialled for the police.

“Hello? Yes, I’d like to report someone.  She’s a young lady in her early twenties or late teens, I’m not 100% sure, but she has forcefully entered my house and is trying to assault my husband and I,” she nodded and gave her address.  The police on the other line responded, saying that they would be at her place in ten minutes.

“OPPA HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!” yelled the sasaeng.

“Stop it!” DongHae pushed her to the side, which was a bad idea. She saw ____ and seeing that ____ was alright, and moving, the sasaeng grew with anger and she looked around and grabbed a stool that always stood by the door and ran towards ____. DongHae blocked her but the sasaeng, unlike her petite frame, was stronger and pushed DongHae away with the help of the stool.

“____!!!” yelled DongHae, as he ran towards ____. The sasaeng swung the chair to ____ and the latter dodged it instinctively, but one of the chair’s leg made a long scratch across her stomach, and ____ groaned in pain. She looked around her bedroom for some form of defence.

“YOU’RE INSANE!” ____ yelled.

“HE’S NOT YOURS!” the sasaeng swung the chair again, just as ____ grabbed hold of the umbrella by the window.

“YA!” DongHae had grabbed an umbrella as well and used the handle to hook it around the sasaeng’s arms, pulling her towards him instead.

“Om…ma?” cried a little voice. ____ gasped. SooHae.

“YOU LITTLE DEVIL! HOW DARE YOU HAVE HIS CHILD!” she screamed, and looked at SooHae with pure evil.

“Appa! Omma!” she wailed. Tears started streaming down her cheeks and she cried.

“SooHae, go back to your room, omma will be there in a minute!” But ____ didn’t expect her daughter to go running back to her room as if everything was fine. Instead, the little girl ran towards her mother, and the sasaeng stretched her arms out towards SooHae.

“DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!” ____ sprinted for her daughter and felt agonizing pain on her left arm and back. The sasaeng had hit ____ with the stool. ____ collapsed onto the floor in pain. And it was then when the two armed policemen came rushing into the room. With their help, they were able to subdue the crazy .

“I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!” she screamed, as she was dragged out by the two officers.

“Don’t worry, she won’t be coming back for long,” assured a policewoman who joined the scene. “I suggest you to move, but it will be too much of a hassle.”

“Thank you for your help officer,” said DongHae, who kneeled by ____.

“Ommmmmmaaa!” cried SooHae.

“Miss, can you hear me? Miss?”

____ nodded.

“Can you stand?” she asked.

____ shook her head briefly.

DongHae carried ____ in his arms and lay her on the bed.

“Ommmmmmmmma!”

“I’m certified in nursing, so don’t worry,” assured the officer. She checked ____ for fatal injuries but it only seemed that her left back and arm were bruised heavily, which was considered lucky since the stool she had been hit with was metal. 

“She’ll be fine. It’s just a couple of bruises all on the left and I suggest that she doesn’t do any vigorous activity especially any kind of activity that requires using both hands. She’ll fully heal in maybe… 2 ½ weeks.”

“Thank you officer,” said DongHae. ____, still in pain, nodded and mouthed ‘thank you’. The officer gave ____’s hand a squeeze before leaving the house.

“____,” said DongHae, his lips trembling. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s fine,” ____ groaned. “They’re just bruises after all.”

“Ommmmmma…” sniffled SooHae.

“Come here, my baby,” she opened her arms slightly for her daughter, who climbed up the bed cutely. She snuggled in her mother’s arms and ____ kissed her forehead. DongHae lay beside ____ and wrapped his arms around the two people who completed him, as he planted a kiss on ____’s cheek.

Later that night…

____ kissed SooHae on the forehead and shut the door gently.

“She’s asleep,” ____ announced to DongHae, who was on the couch. He had turned the TV off and was now staring aimlessly at his hands.

“DongHae?” ____ walked to her husband and sat down beside him. “What’s wrong?”

“I should’ve done better,” he said. “I should’ve been the one getting hurt, not you.”

____ sighed. She knew what happened this afternoon would bother him. She lifted his chin up and leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“DongHae, you did your best, I think that’s what matters.” ____ smiled, and gave him a peck on the cheek. She got up and pulled DongHae to his feet.

“Come on, let’s go to bed.”

DongHae dragged himself to their room and slumped down. He looked over at _____, and saw the rueful look on his face.

“Maybe I should retire from Super Junior,” he sighed. “It’ll be for the best. There’ll be less conflict and more privacy, and we could do whatever we want.”

____ smiled and shook her head. She cupped DongHae’s face in her hands. “DongHae, Super Junior is your life. How can you just throw it away? You’re being ridiculous.”

But all DongHae did was sigh.

“Lee DongHae, even I don’t want you to retire to Super Junior, how could you even possibly think about leaving them?!” _____ exclaimed. Then, her eyes softened and she smiled. “I don’t think you’ll ever forgive yourself for leaving them.” Then _____ wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled her face at the nape of his neck.

“I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you, _____,” he gave her a kiss on the cheek and another on the corner of her lips and another on , and it stayed there. They kissed gently and softly, treasuring this moment (although it wasn’t a typically romantic one).

“And, I, you,” _____ smiled. Then she made a face. “Now let’s go to sleep. I’m tired as hell and need beauty sleep before my eye bags grow past my chin and sag like an old woman’s s.”

DongHae blinked at _____ before laughing out loud. “How’d you even think of that?”

“Kyu,” she grinned.

DongHae rolled his eyes. “Of course.”

“Goodnight DongHae,” she gave him another kiss on the cheek before lying down on the bed and snuggling under the covers. DongHae gave her a kiss on the forehead and wrapped his arms around her and whispered, “goodnight nae sarang.”

The doorbell rang early in the morning and ____ had to drag herself out of bed to answer the door. Despite being half-asleep, she was surprised to find KyuHyun at her door.

“Oppa?” She raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing here?”

“I heard you guys were attacked by a sasaeng last night,” he said, kicking his shoes off and stepping into the house.

“Oh, yeah, it wasn’t so bad. It was just crazy.”

Then, he gasped. “Holy crap, your arm, _____! That is bad!” KyuHyun grabbed _____’s arm and inspected it thoroughly. “Didn’t DongHae bring you to the hospital or something to get it checked?”

“No, it’s not that big of a fuss. And I started not liking hospitals when I watched a horror movie involving hospitals,” said ____. “So, no thanks.”

“Are they still asleep?” he asked, taking a seat on the couch.

“Yeah,” ___ answered. “But I’ll go grab DongHae. I’m sure he’ll be pleased to see you.”

_____ headed back into the room, just in time to see DongHae wake up as handsome as he was the first time they met. ____ blushed naturally as he pulled his shirt over his head and wiped his face with it. It was a weird behaviour but it never failed to make _____’s heart flutter like a fangirl’s. Then, DongHae stared groggily at her, with his naturally tousled hair and she looked away as she approached him. Oh gosh, maybe she was a fangirl after all.

“Dong-H-Hae, K                  yu’s here. He’s in the living room.” She sat down beside him and tried neatening his messy hair.

“Mmmm,” he replied, before wrapping his arms around ____ and pulling her in for a hug. He started to kiss the top of her head, and trailed down to her neck.

“Y-ya, what are you doing?” asked ____.

“Maybe you’ll blush more,” he laughed.

“Oh, you are so full of yourself sometimes,” she remarked before laughing. “Get off before Kyu sees us.”

“Uhm, a little too late, might I add,” said KyuHyun, who wiggled his eyebrows at the door.

“Kyu!” yelled DongHae.

Oppa!” _____ shouted.

KyuHyun snickered and crossed his arms, silently judging the couple on the bed. “You guys are so old, yet you still act like a high school couple.”

DongHae threw a pillow at KyuHyun, who dodged it and laughed. “Excuse me? I still look and feel young, alright, old man?” said DongHae.

“Hyung, can’t you just put on a shirt first?” said KyuHyun.

____ laughed threw DongHae’s shirt over his head. “Yeah, Kyu’s right. Put on that shirt before your daughter wakes up.”

“Why would SooHae care if I wasn’t wearing a shirt?”

____ shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe she’ll fall in love with you too,” ___ joked.

“Yeah, because our hyung is soooooo likable,” said KyuHyun, with a hint of sarcasm. DongHae threw another pillow at him, and KyuHyun dodged it once again.

“Why are you here anyway KyuHyun?”

“Oh, manager hyung came to tell you that we have a meet and greet in Japan soon. We’ll be there for about three days and have two days off to do whatever we want to do.” He smiled, “Pretty good if you ask me.”

“They’re more flexible with you guys now,” ____ added. “I’m glad.”

“Yeah, it’s because we’re seniors now,” added DongHae. “There’s SHINee, fx, EXO and Red Velvet and other solos they need to keep an eye on, since they’re all our hoobaes.”

“They trust us more now, I’m guessing,” shrugged KyuHyun.

Then, small little feet came running to the room.

“KyuHyun samchon!” yelled SooHae, who yawned right after that.

KyuHyun smiled and carried SooHae in his arms and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Have you been good?”

SooHae nodded wearily and yawned once more. “Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmma,” she said. “Apppppaaaaa. Good morning,” she yawned.

_____ and DongHae couldn’t help but laugh at their little ball of sunshine. “Good morning, honey,” ____ said.

“Omma, can I have ice cream later?”

“You just woke up though?” ____ found her daughter’s food needs peculiar, kind of like DongHae’s, but at the same time, like KyuHyun’s as well. Both men loved ice cream (who didn’t?) but they had always asked for it at the wrong time of day.

“I’ll buy you ice cream later,” said KyuHyun. “Maybe we can go to the park too.”

“Really? Yay!” SooHae hugged her uncle. “Thank you KyuHyun samchon!”

KyuHyun patted her head.

“But you just ate ice cream recently, SooHae-ah,” said DongHae. “Omma only said once in three days.”

“But I want to eat ice cream,” she whined.

“SooHae, you just had it recently. It’s not good for your teeth, especially at such a young age.”

“It’s okay, SooHae, when I take you to the park later, I’ll get you ice cream. Your parents won’t even know,” smiled KyuHyun.

“Yay!”

“Ya, Cho KyuHyun, are you trying to give my daughter diabetes and cavaties?!” said ____ jokingly. She threw a pillow at KyuHyun, who blocked it with his arm.

“How dare you keep her away from earth’s god given gifts?”

“You mean food?” added DongHae, who fell back down into bed.

“Ugh, I feel tired just talking to KyuHyun at 9 in the morning,” ____ grumbled.

DongHae laughed and KyuHyun smiled. It was so good to see both her boys getting along well as usual.

“Are we going to the park now, samchon?” asked SooHae.

“Yeah, after breakfast, KyuHyun samchon will take you, alright? Omma and appa have to go grocery shopping. We, unfortunately, are running out of ‘earth’s god given gifts’,” ____ made a face at KyuHyun.

“Okay, sounds good,” he smiled. “Maybe I’ll get you guys ice cream too.” He said, putting SooHae down, before she walked to the toilet. ____ threw a pillow at KyuHyun, and it hit the boy in his .

“Harrassment!” he proclaimed. “No ice cream for you,” before stalking off to help SooHae in the toilet.

____ stared off into space as she heard KyuHyun and SooHae bickering about ice cream flavours in the toilet.

“Why is it that it’s always so tiring to talk to KyuHyun in the mornings?” asked _____.

“That’s because he always talks too much,” grumbled DongHae.

____ laughed, and lay over her ‘sleeping’ husband.

“Come on, get up, we’ve got shopping to do.”

“Wake me up, then,” he smiled, putting his arm across his forehead.

“How?” she cocked her head to the side.

“Bbo-bbo (kiss)?” he smiled.

“No,” she glared at him. “Not with KyuHyun and SooHae together. It’s like two mischievous monkeys plotting to take over the world when they’re together.” ___ sighed. “She’s going to learn ‘poison tongue’ from him.”

DongHae laughed. “That’s what he’s good at.”

“Of course.”

“You know what I’m good at?” asked DongHae.

“What?”____ was curious to know.

“Kissing you,” he said, pulling her down onto him, and kissing her softly on the lips.

“Oh my gosh,” said someone at the door. “You guys will probably have ten more kids when I get back from the park with SooHae if you guys go on like this.”

____ looked up and blushed heavily. “Y-YA, OPPA WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!”

“Nothing,” he grinned. “Good thing SooHae’s eating and not seeing this horrific, terrifying, innocence-ruining image of the both of you,” and he snickered, wandering into the dining room.

“Oh my goodness,” ____ said, burying her face in her hands. “I swear it’s always KyuHyun.”

“_____,” said DongHae slowly.

“Hmm?” she turned around.

“Do you—Do you want more kids?”

____ blushed. “I… Er.. I’m… uh…” What should she say? It was such an embarrassing question to answer, especially knowing that KyuHyun was in the house with their daughter, it was even more embarrassing.

“I don’t mind having ten, by the way,” he said, smiling. He pushed himself up and wrapped his arms around _____. “It’s… a nice experience anyway.”

“OH MY GOODNESS LEE DONGHAE!” _____ grabbed a pillow on the floor and started smacking the crap out of her husband. “YOU DIRTY MONKEY!”

“HEY, THAT’S EUNHYUK!”

“YEAH WELL HE’S NOT HERE NOW, IS HE?! DIE YOU MONKEY, DIE!” ____ continued smacking her husband but stopped once he pulled her down onto his chest.

“In all seriousness, I wouldn’t mind having another kid, two, three, ten, twenty more, as long as it’s with you,” he smiled.

_____ blushed hard. But she was so touched. She smiled with tears welling up in her eyes and nodded.

“As long as it’s with you, too.”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers, I'm so so so so sorry I haven't done the job (of an author) to update for a loooonglonglonglong time! i've been procrastinating and since this year and next year, both us authornims will be even busier than before, when holidays came, we just slacked off HAHAHAH it's an excuse but it's true D: Miahn miahn mianhae! For not updating for such a long period of time. I hope you'll forgive me with this new update! Thank you for sticking with this fanfic! <3 <3 <3