The Changing Ring Finger

Complications

Your POV:

EunHyuk: I don’t get it; don’t you want to stay with him?

I sighed and stirred my iced coffee with my straw.

____: Of course I do but I want to do things I want to do. Not…

I looked away from my cousin.

_____: Not everything has to be about him.

EunHyuk blinked before his lips twitched into a smile.

EunHyuk: If that’s your choice then alright. But you better tell him yourself. I’ve been stuck with his misery and lovesick blabbering for long long long time.

He glared at me and snickered.

EunHyuk: You would know how long that was.

I laughed and nodded.

____: Ne, oppa. Clear in my head.

EunHyuk: So what about SooHae? You know she won’t really truly agree with you, right?

____: I know… That’s why maybe… Since I had 2 years all to myself…

EunHyuk: …You’ll leave her here?

____: I’m still thinking about it. I don’t want to leave SooHae alone. Ugh… I wish I wasn’t so stupid before.

EunHyuk: What’s past is past; you leave it there and learn from it.

I took a sip off my drink.

_____: My flight’s in a week from now. I just hope SooHae chooses.

EunHyuk: SooHae choosing for herself? ____, she’s only 2.

I laughed. I knew SooHae more than my cousin did. I had SooHae all for myself for 2 years.

_____: But she doesn’t think only 2.

I nodded to EunHyuk and got up, taking my drink with me. EunHyuk put a gentle hand on my wrist.

EunHyuk: _____, please, just think it through.

I nodded, but I wasn’t keeping any promises.

____: I’ll see you later, oppa.

EunHyuk sighed and I walked past him.

What was I going to do?

I spent the rest of the day walking around town thinking about my decisions for next week. I wanted to do what I want, yet I wanted SooHae and DongHae to be around me. I got back to the house around 9.30pm. I opened the door and was greeted by darkness. I felt for the lights and flipped the switch on, and kicked off my shoes. I put the keys by the television and turned around---- and screamed.

____: YAAAAA----

A hand covered my mouth and DongHae put his finger to his lips.

DongHae: You’re going to wake the entire neighbourhood.

I pushed his hand away from my mouth and nodded.

____: Well I just came home. Who would’ve guessed that you’d be loitering in the living room? I didn’t even hear you.

DongHae: Where have you been?

____: I was out.

I brushed past him and poured myself a cup of water.

DongHae: And coming back this late in the night?

_____: DongHae, not this again, please.

I lowered my shoulders and drank the water in one big gulp. So this is what I get when I have a protective boyfriend/husband/father-of-my-child.

DongHae took the cup from me just when I was done and set it down in the sink. He crossed his arms across his chest and leaned against the sink and looked at me sternly.

DongHae: ____ I want to know where you’ve been.

I lost it. He didn’t understand.

____: DongHae, I’m sick of you trying to find out every single detail of my life! Where I’ve been, what I’ve been doing and all these other things! I just can’t think right now!

I saw how much I had hurt him and suddenly felt guilty for saying those things. I sighed and put my fingers to my head.

____: I-I’m sorry, I’m not thinking right. I just… I just need to go to bed. Goodnight, DongHae.

I brushed past him and dropped by SooHae’s room to check on her. I kissed her on the forehead and left for my room. I changed into my pyjamas and leaned against my study table. I gripped the edges of the table tightly, marking lines on my palms. Why was this so hard?

There was a soft knock on my door and I muttered,

_____: Come in.

DongHae came from behind the door and sat on my bed.

DongHae: I know I may be a little overprotective and a little… Too concerned about you at times but… Please, _____, tell me what’s on your mind.

____: I can’t.

DongHae kept quiet. I sighed and turned around to face him. I sat down beside him on the bed and put a hand on his thigh.

____: There are too many things.

DongHae: I just want you to know that… If you really want to do what you want – that studio in the US and all… I think you should go for it. I’ll take care of SooHae and maybe you can visit us once or twice or a few times a year or---

I saw how the topic was making him depressed and something in my heart cringed at the sight. I cut him off with a peck on the lips. Maybe I knew what to do.

____: As much as I want to do that, I can’t bear to leave you – any of you.

DongHae looked at me, hope glinting in his eyes.

_____: I love you, Lee DongHae, and I don’t know what I’d do without you.

DongHae smiled and pressed his lips on mine. He smiled and buried his head in my chest, his hands resting on my shoulders.

DongHae: Does that mean you’ll have me?

I nodded.

DongHae kissed me on the lips as he played with an item in his hand. He kissed the object in his palm before taking my hand and putting the ring on my ring finger. I smiled at the simple yet beautiful wedding ring.

____: Did you always have that?

DongHae: Of course. It’s our ring. I always have it by my side.

DongHae kissed me on the cheek before hugging me to sleep. I knew that this was my final decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! Sorry for not updaing so long even though this is really short, I updated! ahahaha enjoy! And the other author-nim will update soon/asap! I shall force her to write a loooong one or a quick one xD Thanks for reading!!!! <3