Intelligence

Complications

 

Your POV:

Mir: Jakiya, who was that?

I wished he didn’t have to be so curious..

You: Well, he’s—

Mir: Is he DongHae or KyuHyun?

I was taken aback.

You: How did you—

He grabbed my wrist before intertwining his fingers with mine. He brought my hand to his lips.

Mir:You told me. Well, unintentionally. Remember that day when I went to your place?

I looked skyward and thought for a short moment before remembering the time Mir dropped by my place, him wanting to meet my unnie and vice versa.

You: Oh ne.

Mir: I asked who were in the photographs on your table remember? And you pointed to each of them –points from left to right- DongHae and KyuHyun.

You: Mir—

He shrugged and looked at me.

Mir:Judging by his reaction, I’m betting 10,000 won that that was DongHae - your ex-boyfriend?

I was dumbfounded. He was smart - too smart, to be precise. I looked downwards and nodded my head slowly. Then I met his eyes and gave him a hug.

You: You’re all I’m thinking about now. DongHae--DongHae’s just—Just a stranger. Jakiya… Don’t think about what had just happened, please. I don’t want to lose you just because of that coincidental meeting. I—I love you.

Mir chuckled and squeezed me tighter.

Mir: I love you too.

With our fingers still intertwined, we walked off, with my head leaning against his shoulder and me, trying to block the expression on DongHae’s still-so-beautiful face.

DongHae’s POV:

It felt as if something huge had dragged my heart down to the depths of the ocean. I could feel the stares of my hyungs and dongsaengs on me. Then, I felt a comforting hand on my left shoulder.

EunHyuk:DongHae---

I raised my hand up, cutting him off. I turned around to face him and managed a small, assuring smile.

LeeTeuk:We’ll check up with you two later, alright?

LeeTeuk, being his understanding self, gave me a warm hug before gesturing to the rest of the boys to follow him. Only EunHyuk stayed behind, with his upsetting and guilty gaze on me.

Me:Don’t worry; I know you’re just trying to protect me.

EunHyuk:DongHae, that’s the thing. I didn’t even know. I’m just as shocked as you are.

My eyes widened. She didn’t even tell her own cousin?

Me: I think I need some fresh air and maybe something to throw at.

I pulled EunHyuk’s wrist before we existed the restaurant.

KyuHyun’s POV:

My phone rang continuously. I groaned and mentally swore as I paused my computer game and stretched my arm to grab my phone on my pillow. I looked at the caller ID: RyeoWook. I snarled and answered the call.

Me:-annoyed- Mwoya? I’m in the middle of my game. I already told you that I—

Before I could even finish my sentence, RyeoWook cut me off.

RyeoWook:Did you know that _____ has a boyfriend?

My heart sank instantly as I heard the words “_____” and “boyfriend”.

Me:She got back with DongHae? –Scoffs- Not a surprise.

RyeoWook:The thing is that it’s NOT DongHae. It’s some dude. He seems familiar though. Like someone from the school.

I jumped out of my wheelie chair and pressed my hands on the desk in disbelief.

Me:What’s his name, what does he look like and when was this?!

RyeoWook:Ya calm down. I don’t know his name but he is tall—

Me:Wookie, I think everyone’s tall from your point of view.

I interrupted, chuckling without humour.

RyeoWook: YA CHO KYUHYUN EVEN THOUGH I’M SHORT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN RUB IT IN MY FACE! –Sighs theatrically- As I was saying, YA, YA, YA---

Me:Mwoya?

SungMin:I KNOW WHO HE IS.

Me:SungMin?

SungMin: His name is Mir. I’ve seen him in school before. I usually see him at the mini mart near the school when school finishes.

Me:Minnie, did I ever tell you I love you?

SungMin giggled as if he were a girl.

SungMin: Ne, you did.

Me: That was a rhetorical question but alright. I’ll call you later; I’m going to take a walk. Oh and by the way, where were you guys when that Mir guy happened?

SungMin: At some Western restaurant. Hey Wookie, what was the name of the---

RyeoWook: Ahem, thank you very much for stealing my phone. Hmph. It’s called Western Stars. You know that restaurant opposite the school?

Me: Okay, thanks, bye.

And I hung up on RyeoWook.

I glanced at my paused game and looked at the screen on my phone. It was a picture of ____ and I, when we were 10. My chest tightened as I remembered the place at where it was taken. I grabbed my wallet from my desk and dashed out of my room and found spare keys in a fruit bowl and rushed out of the dorm. As I bolted through the lobby, I occasionally glanced at the picture on my phone screen. I would remember that moment forever. Even if I died, I would still remember it.

It had a lot of meaning to it.

Your POV:

I pulled Mir into the small bakery around the corner. The fresh smell of bread lingered in the air.

You: Ah! It’s smells so good in here! Jakiya, they have your favourite bun!

I pointed to the baguette-like bun in the shelves. I dragged him over to the shelves after he got a tray and a pair of tongs.

Mir: Mmm I’m happier now ^^

I cringed at his sentence.

You:Since you bought me lunch, I’ll get you your favourite bread, alright?

Mir’s eyes instantly shone like stars in the night sky. He nodded gleefully and had the tray in his hands. I laughed at his aegyo and used the tongs and grabbed the bun that he loved and placed it on the white tray. I walked over to the next aisle with Mir following behind. I grabbed a sausage roll and placed it on the tray before making our way to the counter.

Mir raised his eyebrow at me.

You: Is there something on my face?

Mir: -Smiles- Ani, just your beautiful face to look at.

I flushed a vibrant red and looked downward.

Mir: -Giggles- Aigo, my jakiya is so cute! ^^

You: Ya…

Mir: We’re next.

I turned and took a step forward and slipped my wallet out of my bag. Mir placed the tray down on the counter and smiled at me as I paid the cashier. When the cashier placed the bread into two separate bags, Mir put his arm around my waist. I glared at him before smiling at him. He tapped the tip of my nose with his index finger and laughed.

Cashier:Here you go, please come again.

We bowed to the cashier before exiting the bakery. Mir, probably being unaware of surrounding people, collided with another pedestrian.

Mir:Oh, mianheyo.

He apologized after bowing.

???:Gwaenchana

The honey-like voice sent chills down my spine. I turned to face the bakery and tried hiding my face.

I wasn’t sure what Mir did but I found myself walking again, my shoes tapping on the concrete path. I turned back to Mir and found him looking at me.

Mir: That was KyuHyun wasn’t it?

I cleared my throat and shrugged.

You: It sure sounds like him.

Mir kissed my head and glared at something at the corner of his eyes and we stopped walking.

Mir: And here he comes.

I followed Mir’s vicious corner glare and instantly froze.

KyuHyun stood approximately five feet away from me.

Me:CheolYong? You’re “Mir”?

I averted my gaze from KyuHyun.

You:You know him and never told me about it?

Mir smiled apologetically at me before facing KyuHyun.

Mir:It’s a little complicated.

He said to me, his eyes still on KyuHyun’s.

Mir: ____-ah, KyuHyun’s my—Ah how should I put this… -Scratches side of his head-

KyuHyun: He’s my second cousin.

You:Mwo?!

Mir flinched and shut his eyes, as if in pain.

Mir: I wanted to tell you but---

You: What were you thinking?!

Mir:Just think about it ____! If I told you, would you have had the right mind about even giving me a chance?!

I was dumbfounded. I felt stares and heard whispers as we stood at the corner of the pathway. Mir was right. If he had told me he was somehow blood related to KyuHyun, I wouldn’t have given him a chance, even if that decision hurt me.

KyuHyun:It’s alright. You didn’t know. I just wanted to know whose heart you were taking in.

He paused and scoffed later. He met my gaze on him.

KyuHyun:And someday, whose heart you were throwing away.

He smiled sarcastically and regarded Mir before putting his hands in his pockets and walking the way back he came from.

I was left dumbfounded, once again.

Mir: I should get you home.

Mir was about to start walking when I encircled my hand on his wrist.

You:I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.

Mir kissed my forehead and trailed the outline of my face with the back of his fingers.

Mir: It’s not your fault you didn’t know.

You: It is my fault. You were right about me – about me not giving you a chance if I found out and I just—

Mir cupped my face in his hands and pressed his lips to mine. I could hear the whispers of the passer-byes. “Can’t they get a room?” some said, and “Youngsters these days, being all mushy.” Mir slowly parted his lips, his hands still cupping my face. I cupped his cheek and smiled at him.

You: I don’t know what I’ll do without you.

Mir chuckled in disbelief.

Mir:Me neither.

Before he gave me a peck on the lips and walked me home.

____________

Hey ! x) It's been awhile but I've updated :p Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^ Saranghaeyo! <3