Not a perfect family

Complications

My POV

Soohae: OMMMAAAAAA!

_____: what is it sweetie?

I answered her while making raspberry pancakes for breakfast.

Soohae: when can we meet halmoni (grandma) and haraboji (grandpa)?

_____: Soohae-ah, are you that excited to meet your grandparents??

I crouched down and looked at her.

SooHae: ne!

I giggled at her cute yes and went on replying her.

_____: Sweetie, you will get to meet them tomorrow alright? After we have breakfast, today we will be going around to Namsan tower and then we will go to the beach okay?

SooHae: YES!

I laughed at her being all hyped up.

I got out the pan and greased it with butter then started to fry the pancakes.

When I was about ninety percent done with the pancakes, I called Soohae over who was quietly sitting at the coffee table colouring her colouring book.

Soohae: ne omma? Are the pancakes done?

_____: almost done honey. Now do you want to go to Mir samcheons’ room to wake him up so that we can have breakfast and go out?

Soohae: ne!

____: Alright honey, off you go, omma will get the pancakes ready.

And she ran off.

Mir’s POV

I wasn’t much of a deep sleeper. The scent of raspberry pancakes wafted into my room making me as hungry as ever. As I was about to get out of bed, I heard little footsteps running along the corridor and soon enough someone was opening my door. Soohae to be exact; judging by the footsteps. I lay back down on the bed and pretended to be asleep while trying to squint, to see what Soohae was up to.

Soohae: Samcheon!

She called me while climbing up the bed.

I didn’t answer her.

Soohae: Samcheon! Wake up now!

Again I didn’t reply her. She began to crawl next to me and kissed me all over the face. And the next thing she knows is that she has been rolled over to the side laughing hysterically as I was tickling her.

Mir: who’s the sneaky little girl that came into my room and started to kiss me all over the face huh? Huh?

I said to her while laughing along with her.

Soohae: stop! Stop!

I stopped and pulled her up.

Soohae: samcheon, omma told me to wake you up so that we can eat breakfast and go out!

Mir: chincha?! Wah, Soohae is a good girl listening to omma huh?

Soohae: OF COURSE!

I laughed at her.

Mir: then I think she deserves a big kiss from samcheon!

I replied her while she started squealing when I planted a big kiss on her cheeks. After that I carried her down the bed and she ran out with those little feet of hers. I washed up and headed outside, to see ____ feeding Soohae at the coffee table.

Mir: we really need to get her a baby chair.

She looked up at me.

___: Good Morning! Yeah we do… well I’m going to be going out with Olivia and Melanie in two days, so I’ll bring Soohae along and I’ll get her a chair then.

Mir: mmhm alright.

I sat down and consumed the rest of the pancakes on the table while ____ left to get Soohae and herself ready.

My POV

It feels quite warm today, and since we were going to the beach I chose a pair of blue shorts and a yellow t-shirt with a big smiley face on it for Soohae to wear while I wore a floral dress-that goes just above my knees with a thin brown leather belt tightened just above my waist. I took a straw hat that has a black ribbon tied around the top with the ends hanging loosely from the wardrobe and wore it so that the ends were at the back of my head. 

I didn’t bother tying my hair up as I enjoyed my hair flying up in the air while strolling on the beach. When we were done we headed up to see Mir wearing black flip flops, three quarter jeans and a white t-shirt with a matching blue checked shirt on top. I had to admit, he looked great!

____: let’s go?

Mir: ladies first.

He said while gesturing us outside the door.

I laughed at him and walked out the door with Soohae. We entered the car and off we went to Namsan tower. We got there at around eleven but there were already a lot of couples and families. The air was really refreshing and the weather was just perfect.

We entered the tower and rode the elevator up to the highest floor where all the locks were hung. We had already purchased locks before we came, so we started to write our wishes on it. Mir wrote his own, while I wrote my own and helped Soohae write hers by writing whatever she wanted me to write.

Mir: I hope Lisa and I last for another half an year and my proposal goes well.

___: I hope Soohae will grow up to be happy and energetic, and all of my family and friends are healthy.

I then read out SooHae’s wish.

___: I hope I will find my appa soon…

I looked at Soohae in the eyes sincerely and solemnly.

____: Soohae really wants to meet his appa?

Soohae: ne… I do omma...I really really want to...

____: Soohae-ah…yo—

Mir: let’s go and hang the locks up and take a walk around here, then we can have lunch and go to the beach when its sunset okay?

He shook his head slightly while looking at me and saying that.

I kept quiet.

Mir stood up and carried Soohae over to where the rest of the locks were hung taking the locks with him. We found an empty space and locked them on. We then turned around and left for the elevator. I turned my head around to take a last glance at SooHae’s wish.

She really wants an appa.

She really wants a perfect family…

 

Once we got out of Namsan tower, we walked around and looked at the scenery whilst taking pictures. We went to the set of stairs where the drama ‘Kim Sam Soon’ was filmed. After that we proceeded to the beach while Soohae fell asleep on the way to the beach.

When we got there, it was almost sunset.

____: Soohae-ah, Soohae we’re here

She woke up and we got out of the car. When we actually got to the beach, we all took our flip flops off as we were walking along the shallow water. Mir held his flip flops while I held mine and SooHae’s. I held onto SooHae’s left hand while Mir held onto her right.

The beach was really quiet and there weren’t many people despite the warm weather.

Donghaes POV

PD: and cut!

Finally today’s schedule is over. I was at a beach near Namsan tower to film for a variety show. While the staff started to pack up all the equipment, I walked up the nearby balcony and looked at the beach while the other two decided to have a stroll along the beach. There weren’t many people there. The sun was starting to set when I spotted to a family walking along the beach.

That family looked really happy. The father was walking right next to the water while holding his flip flops and their daughter’s hand, while his wife held her other hand.

I wonder what it would have been like if ____ was still here… would we have continued our relationship? Would she have gotten pregnant from that night? Would I have already proposed to her and got married with a family? I wish I had a family like that.

Donghae: ____...I’ve tried so hard to hate you since the day you left me. But why can I hate you? Why do you have to take my heart away and not return it? When will I get to see that beautiful face of yours again?

When will I get to see you again?

My POV

The next day, Mir and I brought Soohae over to my parents.

-Ding dong-

I was feeling very tense, as I didn’t know how exactly my parents would react.

The door swung open in front of us revealing my omma, and before I even had the chance to say ‘hi’, omma was already carrying Soohae in her arms kissing her and hugging her.

I looked back at Mir and shook my head while he laughed also shaking his head. We entered the house and got ourselves comfy on the couch. The house didn’t change much apart from some new furniture’s.

____: omma! I didn’t even get the time to say hi to you and you’re already into your granddaughter. You don’t love me anymore!

Omma: Oh honey! Welcome back! I’ve missed you and Mir a lot. Oh and sorry it’s just that I’m really excited about meeting Soohae!

____: Soohae-ah, this is your halmoni. Say hi to halmoni.

Soohae: anyeonghasaeyo halmoni! Halmoni you’re very pretty!

We laughed at her compliment to my omma.

___: omma, where’s appa?

Appa: here.

I looked at the direction the reply came from. I ran up to appa and hugged him ever so tightly

___: appa!

Appa: welcome back honey. And look who we have here, Mir and Soohae?

I smiled at him and pulled him to where Soohae is now currently sitting in my ommas lap.

____: Soohae, this is your haraboji. Say hi to Haraboji.

Soohae: anyeonghasaeyo haraboji! Haraboji, why are you so tall?

Appa: maybe it’s because I’m standing up.

Appa sat down on the couch next to omma and took Soohae from ommas lap and placed a kiss on her forehead.

They seem to really like Soohae. I’m really glad they do. I don’t know what I would’ve done if they didn’t. After a while we had dinner, and after eating dinner I help omma with the dishes. When we were done washing, I saw Soohae already falling asleep in appa’s lap.

I walked over to them.

____: appa, I’ll carry her to my room so that she can sleep.

He nodded and carefully passed her over to me in order to not wake her up.

I carried Soohae up the stairs and opened the door to my room and put her in the middle of my bed. I covered her with the cover and then used the pillows to surround her. She was a baby after all.

I kissed her on the forehead and brushed some of her hair away to the side.

____: Mianhe, I can’t give you a perfect family…

I left her after making sure she is secured and partially closed the door.

I went back downstairs to find Mir standing at the balcony talking on the phone while smiling and chuckling.

Lisa, I thought.

I sat down at the couches where my parents were and we started chatting again.

Omma: so how are you and Mir?

___: We’re fine. Mir has a new girlfriend now and he loves her to bits.

Omma: Then what about you and Soohae? Aren’t you going to ever tell her about her appa?

Appa: She does have a right to know, and she definitely deserves a perfect family you know?

____: appa…omma… I want her to be happy and have a perfect family too… but I can’t bring myself to tell him after what happened 2 years ago. It just seems like the problem around us will never end.  Honestly speaking, I still love him…I just keep lying to myself saying that I don’t.

Omma: If you really do love him, and if you two really do love each other, then no matter how many problems you guys have, it would all be solved no matter how hard or how long it takes.

____: I just don’t think it’s the right time to tell now… Maybe when we’re more settled in or maybe when Soohae is old enough to understand I’ll tell her about her appa…

Appa: if that suits you, then go ahead. We will support you no matter what. Just remember, right now Soohae is your first priority.

After the talk we had, went back to our respected rooms to sleep including Mir.

I lay in bed quietly next to Soohae and pulled her close to me.

____: you will understand omma right?

I said while looking at her. But all I got back was silence.

 

In the morning when we all woke up, my parents went out to meet one of their old friends who just came back from Canada while Mir drove Soohae and I to the shopping centre to meet Olivia and Melanie while he went out to meet his friends.

I met Olivia and Melanie at a coffee shop. They were already sitting there chatting while waiting for us. We ordered our drinks then I took Soohae over to the corner where little kids can play in. I then walked over back to the table, to see that our drinks have already arrived.

Olivia: so I know that you don’t want to talk about this, especially as one of the first topics to start off with. But every time I see Soohae, I just feel so bad for her.

Melanie: I’m just saying okay? I think Soohae deserves a proper family. A family with an appa. If you really can’t be with her biological father anymore, do you want me to introduce you do some dates? I’ve got plenty on hand and their actually not too bad.

I stared at Melanie ridiculously.

____: Look, you two, I’ve had this talk a lot already. And when I say a lot I actually mean A LOT. I know what I’m going to do and I already have plans for Soohae. I will tell her about her appa when she’s older and is able to understand. And Melanie, just save those plenty-of-guys to yourself, I’m not interested.

After finishing our drinks, I went to get Soohae back from the children’s corner and we headed out of the coffee shop and started to shop. We didn’t get anything much. I bought Soohae her baby chair which will be delivered tomorrow while the other two spoilt her with lots of toys.  When we finished shopping, I decided to walk home with Soohae since it was pretty close to home and we could get some exercise. 

We bid Olivia and Melanie goodbye and turned to leave. I held onto the bag of toys with my left hand while holding Soohae with my right heading home.

Donghaes POV

I didn’t have any schedules today and so I decided to go out to the shopping centre to relax. I was supposed to meet Leeteuk hyung and Kyuhyun at this coffee shop, but because of the traffic I was late. I’m pretty sure they would start complaining about me being late. I walked into the Shopping centre and hurriedly walked to the direction of the coffee shop.

While I was trying to find my way to the coffee shop, I passed by a mother with a child heading towards the exit. I turned around and looked at them. That back, was seriously familiar, and that child she was holding looked a lot like the child I saw the other day at the beach.

Donghae: ____?

My POV

I heard my name being called out.

___: ne?

I turned around as I didn’t know who it was that called me.

___: …Donghae…

I said shocked that Donghae was right in front of me and Soohae. Did SooHae’s wish really come true or is it really just a coincidence?

Soohae: omma!

 I stared at him still completely shocked as he had a shocked face too. I couldn’t hear anything. Right now it just felt like those dramas, where they have a camera circling around them showing their shocked faces and the happenings outside of their ‘world’.

Donghae: omma?!

I was snapped back to reality when Donghae said ‘omma’.  I looked at him frustrated and felt a tug at my hand. I looked down to notice it was Soohae who has been tugging me all along.

I quickly bent down to Soohae and asked her what’s wrong.

____: yes?

She pointed at a converse shop with shoes everywhere on display.

Soohae: Can I get those red shoes?

I averted my sight to where she was pointing at.

____: anio… Omma didn’t bring enough money.

I lied to her; I just wanted to leave as quickly as possible before Donghae finds any resemblance from her face.

___: Next time okay? Next time we will come back and get those shoes for you alright?

Soohae started to pout and her eyes were starting to brim with tears.

I kissed her on the forehead and wiped her tears away.

____: don’t cry Soohae, omma promise you we will buy it next time we come okay? Now do you want to come and get ice-cream with omma? Omma has just enough money for two ice-creams.

She nodded and I stood up while carrying her.

Donghae: _____-ah

I looked at him.

____: yes?

Donghae: are you married?

____: Mianhe Donghae-sshi, but I don’t think it’s your business.

Donghae: …

Soohae: omma can we go now?

Donghae: she’s really pretty and cute…

I became even more irritated and annoyed when he said that. He has been looking at Soohae and he might found out about the truth soon…

____: Soohae, say thank you.

Soohae: thank you!

With that I turned around and left as quickly as possible.

Donghaes POV

 She’s married and has a family? Soohae was really cute though… wait…did she say Soohae? How old is she? Who did she marry? If Soohae is around the age of two, she could be my daughter… right? I’ve got to find out about this…I’m sure Eunhyuk hyung knows something…

I just hope he will tell me the truth…

And I turned back, once again trying to find my way again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________UPDATE!!! Thank you tothose who have subscribed and those who have always been commenting!!! ^ ^ Please once again comment if you have the time to and for all the silent readers.. try commenting?? :D