Back to Childhood

Complications

KyuHyun's POV:

I had gone to the toilet to rinse my face. Somehow, I was exhausted; though I didn't know why. Maybe it was because I had kissed ____ earlier in the day. Once I was done washing up, I went out to the balcony to have some fresh air. I meandered to the living room, as if tired, and did not notice the "couple" at the balcony. I looked up in horror and anger. The glass door was half-way open. And there they were; embracing one another, through their lips.

THEIR LIPS.

DongHae hyung had pressed ____ against the balcony door. She didn't move or respond. She just let DongHae smother her lips with his. Furious, and cheated, I yelled at the both of them. 

Me: Thanks, _____!

Immediately, they broke apart. DongHae was surprised and annoyed whereas ____ had wide open in shock; her eyes filled with regret. 

_____: KyuHyun---

Me: And to think our kiss meant something to you!

____ raised her hand and took a step forward but before she could speak, I stormed off, sliding the keys off the dining table, slipping my feet into my shoes and slamming the main door behind me. 

Your POV:

What have I just done? Earlier that day i had just kissed my best friend and now, I was kissing my ex-boyfriend. What is wrong with me? I was about to run to the door to chase KyuHyun when I heard DongHae mutter under his breath. It was short and soft, but it was clear from where I was standing. It hurt a lot as well.

DongHae: You kissed him?

_____: I... I'll.. I'll be right back..

I ran to the front door and slipped on my heels before unlocking the door and running after KyuHyun. Of course, i didn't realize how fast he was. When I got to the bottom of the steps of the building, I glanced side to side, ran out further and did the same - nothing. KyuHyun was nowhere to be seen. Then, somehow, I wanted to find out what time it was. i slipped my hand in my pocket.

My phone - it wasn't there. Then I remember. DongHae has my phone. 

____: Ayssi.. That... Guy..

So i started to think like a KyuHyun. If I was upset, pissed off or even depressed, where would I go? After thinking through the many places. Then, it struck me. 

Our childhood place. 

I started to run, sliding through the spaces between passer-bys, trying to avoid elbowing them in their arms. I ran around the corner and ran past a public playground before arriving in front of a two storey building near the playground. 

Beside the building was a small walkthrough. It had an empty iron bench leaning against the brick wall. I walked until I was standing in the middle of the cross-junction of the small alley. i felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I spun around and jumped, giving out a little squeal.

____: You scared me.

KyuHyun's eyes were dark and illegible. He sat on an iron stool at the corner of the alley walkthrough. He straightened his back and stood up. Our eyes met for spilt second before he headed towards me. I backed away, not knowing what he was going to do next. Instead, he walked past me and out of the little alley we used to play in when we were younger. 

____: Kyu, wait!

I ran towards him and grabbed onto his wrist. Of course, I expected him to flinch away - and he did. He glared at me and told me to leave him alone. I was hurt - real bad. 

____: KyuHyun, mianheyo, jeongmal mianheyo.

KyuHyun: Does it matter? Now, do me a favour and run back to your boyfriend.

____: Kyuhyunnie---

KyuHyun: Don't call me that! 

It felt as if my heart had been stabbed by a knife. Was he doing this on purpose? 

Well, I guess i deserved it.

But.. I didn't deserve losing KyuHyun as a best friend. 

Then, I crushed myself towards him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned against his back. 

____: Our kiss did mean something to me. 

He was silent and stiff. 

_____: I... I actually enjoyed it..

KyuHyun scoffed but relaxed a little. Then, he slowly turned around and looked down at me. I didn't dare meet his eyes so I just stared blankly at his sleeve. 

KyuHyun: -sighs angrily- You don't know how much I wish you were mine. -scoffs-

KyuHyun looked away and looked back at me. 

KyuHyun: I can't bear to look at you sometimes, you know that? I've... -sigh- i've already given you away twice. It's like.. It's like given someone your favourite toy, afraid of what they'll do with it.

He was...

Comparing me to a toy.

KyuHyun trailed his fingers along my cheek.

KyuHyun: You've always been my favourite toy.  

He looked away and let his hand fall back to his side.

KyuHyun: And I don't mean it in a "using" way. 

He bent down and kissed the top of my head before continuing. 

KyuHyun: -scoffs- Remember when we used to play here as kids? 

KyuHyun smiled and studied the surroundings. 

KyuHyun: I still remembered when we were 10. You fell over a drain and you were bleeding. You didn't want to tell your parents about it and we found this place. 

He played with the ends of his shirt as he spoke.

KyuHyun: So I ripped off the end of my shirt and bandaged your knee. 

He lifted my chin up to meet his eyes.

KyuHyun: What did I do next?

No... I... I don't want to remember. But.. But how could I not not remember? It was a beautiful memory. I treasured it. But it made me feel guilty. 

_____; -nods- Y-You... KIssed me.

KyuHyun smiled sadly.

KyuHyun: -cups ____'s face- Exactly. 

He whispered, before bending down and brushing his lips against mine. Suddenly, I forgot the world aorund me.

..............

DongHae's POV:

Where was she? Had she found the maknae? What was taking her so long? 

I wish i could call her but nooooooo, I had to take her phone away from her. Damnnit Hae, you should've just ran after her. 

"........" 

Fine, i will.

I slipped my shoes on and was about to step outside the dorm when I almost got a heart attack. My heart literally froze as I saw who it was. 

Mir.

Mir: Oh erm anneyeonghaseyo. I tried calling ____ but she didn't pick up. So I thought she was sleeping here. But I guess... Nevermind. The thing is, where is she?

I swallowed hard.

Me: i could ask you the same thing. 

Your POV:

And while kissing him, my mind was filled with thoughts but one thought made me realize how important he was to me. 

"KyuHyun, my best friend, my ex-4 year crush, my protector, a gift from God,

...

I love you." 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MOREEEEE KYU! <3 Thanks for reading & subscribing!!! ^^ I'm sorry it's short D: I thought cliff hangers made ppl go crazy. CoughmeCough. Soooo... chapter? :D