"Twonight"

Complications

 

Your POV:

I woke up the next day and found SooHae out in the living room watching some cartoons. I looked around for her father and was about to call out his name when a pair of arms swept me up off the ground. I squealed and shut my eyes as DongHae spun me around in his arms.

SooHae jumped up and screamed with her arms open.

SooHae: Me next, me next!

DongHae put me down and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

DongHae: Morning

SooHae ran up to him and wrapped her little arms around his leg.

SooHae: Appa, me next!

DongHae laughed and carried her in his arms and swung her in a full circle. She squealed and DongHae cringed at her high-pitched voice. He kissed her on the forehead and put her down. He the television and switched to the cartoons channel made for kids around SooHae’s age. I smiled as SooHae immediately got engrossed in the cartoon. DongHae put his arm around my waist and led me to the kitchen where he placed a full kiss on my lips. He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek.

____: Distract our daughter just to kiss me?

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. His eyes seem to gleam with joy at the words ‘our daughter’.

____: Seems tactical.

DongHae chuckled and kissed me on the tip of my nose.

____: So what plans do we have for today?

DongHae: I made plans with your sister to spend some quality time with her niece. She’s coming over at noon to pick her up.

____: Where is she taking her?

DongHae: Don’t worry, ____...

He pushed my hair behind my ear.

DongHae: They’re just spending time together. It’s not like SooHae’s going to cause trouble.

I put my hands to my waist and raise an eyebrow at him, mentally asking him ‘Are you sure about that’? He laughed and shook his head.

DongHae: Okay maybe she’ll cause some trouble.

_____: And probably turn my sister deaf.

We laughed together – really laughed. It felt great to finally be able to express myself in front of him. Maybe we could be one again.

2 Months Later…

It’s been a few months since DongHae and I got together again. I was helping SooHae with her shoes when my phone rang, and I slid it off the coffee table and answered it.

____: Yeoboseyo?

KyuHyun: Ya, ______!

____: Mwoya?!

KyuHyun: Aren’t you bringing SooHae over for a play date? We’re practically dying to play with him!

____: Oh yeah? Well, she’s putting her shoes on!

KyuHyun: Bali (hurry)… Seriously, I can’t believe you’re taking your time. DongHae’s gonna be waiting!

I laughed.

____: Well too bad for him!

When DongHae and I got back together a few months ago, we decided to spread the news to everyone. KyuHyun probably took it the hardest but now, he was fine – I could tell by the look in his eyes. Everything seemed to be at ease. Today, DongHae told me to meet him at the beach at 5pm – which I was 10 minutes late for. I still had to rush SooHae over to Super Junior’s dorm for a play date (more like babysitting).

____: Okay, okay, look, we’re on our way. In 5 minutes, I’ll be there so come out by then!

I took my necessities and rushed out of the house with SooHae. I drove over to the dorm and dropped her off (with a kiss on KyuHyun’s and SooHae’s cheeks) and drove down to the area of the beach where I was supposed to meet DongHae.

I walked along the shore and tried looking out for DongHae but he was nowhere to be found. I dialled his number and put the phone to my ears. When the line started ringing, a ringing sound rang from behind, startling me. I turned around and saw DongHae standing before me. He grinned and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me down the beach.

_____:So erm, why are we here?

I asked, since he wanted to keep it secret. He shrugged.

DongHae: Just because. I haven’t been to the beach for a while and today seemed perfect to bring you here – alone with me.

I blushed.

____: Right.

DongHae: I hope you like fish.

Fish?

_____: What? Yeah, I like fish, why?

DongHae: Because I’m taking you to the nearby aquarium. It’s small, but it’s a must-go-to

He smiled. I realized we were now walking on a boardwalk.

_____: Wait, we’re still walking...

I looked up at him.

_____: We’re walking there?

DongHae: How else are we supposed to get there?

____: Oh I don’t know, by car?”

DongHae pulled his head back and laughed out loud. I laughed at his reaction and smacked him in the arm. He pulled me close to him and kissed me on the top of my head.

DongHae: You are one of a kind.

____: You’re so cheesy.

DongHae: Like pizza or like lasagne?

I felt a smile spread across my lips.

____: Can we grab some pizza later?

DongHae: Depends, do you like pizza that’s cheesy?

I frowned and elbowed him in the side.

____: Implying something, Mr Lee?

DongHae shrugged and sighed happily.

DongHae: Who knows?

We took around 10 minutes to get to the aquarium. It was huge! It wasn’t even slightly ‘small’. DongHae insisted on paying the entrance fee so I let him (after losing many games of scissors, paper, stone). DongHae held my hand and pulled me past the entrance. We saw a glass full of penguins and saw an entire area filled with jellyfish.

____: Woah, look, it’s so cute!

DongHae: Yes but it can kill you if you get touched.

He added, reading the little information box on the jellyfish I was looking at.

____: You ruin the beauty of things.

I grumbled. DongHae laughed and pulled me around the corner, where the walk-in was.

DongHae’s POV:

We entered the walk-in and ____ was engrossed with the marine creatures swimming around us. She literally dragged me up and down the walk-in and was fascinated by every single thing – literally. I watched her as she gaped in awe at every living creature – and a bench. It was great to see her happy. Well, not literally great, but it felt great. It felt more than great! And knowing what I planned for today made me feeling even greater than before.

Our aquarium moments ended faster than I hoped it would. We rushed down the beach to a pizza place and ordered a family sized pizza for the two of us.

____: Are we literally just going to eat pizza?

Me: What? You said you wanted pizza.

____: Yeah but, a family sized pizza?!

I laughed and pulled her in for a peck on the cheek.

Me: After walking around the aquarium for two hours on an empty stomach, I’m sure.

____ smiled and decided to order a chocolate milkshake for us to share. To share. She actually allowed me to share a drink with her. Wasn’t this like an indirect kiss? I blushed at the thought.

Me: After this, let’s take a walk down the beach then head home. I think SooHae’s missing us.

She nodded before laughing breathlessly. I raised an eyebrow at her.

Me: What?

She shook her head.

____: SooHae.

Me: What about her?

____: No, it’s her name.

She laughed again.

Me: That she has the same last syllable as me?

She nodded before cracking up at her own inside joke.

Me: What? Tell me!

____: I named her SooHae after a tree and the sea – which is you. We used to have picnics under a huge tree back in America. 

I stiffened at the last word.  

Me: _____... Are you going back?

I bit my bottom lip.

She frowned and shrugged.

____: Who knows?

Me: Don’t go back…

She stared straight into my eyes.

____: I can’t just immediately choose not to go back. I mean, I have a life there too you know. Besides, Korea’s just a little too…Strict for me. America’s laid-back.

Me: It can’t be that bad…

I grumbled. I didn’t want her to leave again. I took her hands and held them to my lips.

Me: If you go, then what’s going to happen to me? What’s going to happen to your parents? And what about SooHae?

____: You ask too many questions… I just like it there more, that’s all.

Me: But everyone else is here.

____: My aunt and uncle live in Canada but everyone else is here.

Me: But it’s you we’re talking about.

_____: DongHae… Let’s not talk about this.

Me: Okay, look, I’ll tell you what. Let’s just enjoy tonight and talk about it some other day.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket and dialled EunHyuk’s number.

_____: Mwoya…Who are you calling?

I put a finger to my lips. When EunHyuk answered, I got straight to the point.

Me: Hyuk, I need you to babysit SooHae ‘til morning, is that alright? ____ and I have to discuss some things and we would be late.

EunHyuk: Uhhh… Discuss some things? What?

He sighed. But I knew that he had already given in to me.

EunHyuk: Fine. But you owe me a meat-lovers family sized pizza.

Funny how he was so specific.

Me: Arraseo, Arraseo, I owe that to you. Gomawo!

And I hung up.

____: Are you crazy?! One night without her parents?!

Me: Calm down, ____, she’ll be fine. She likes her SUJU uncles anyway.

____: You’re up to something. I can sense it.

She narrowed her eyes and punched me in the arm. I laughed and shrugged.

Me: Who knows?

Your POV:

We got back home after a walk on the beach. I felt tired and kept bugging DongHae on why we weren’t picking SooHae up during the entire car ride. I walked into the kitchen to get a drink of water when DongHae slid his arms around my waist and pulled me back against him.

____: What do you want?

I asked, faking annoyance in my voice.

DongHae: You…

____: Cheesy burger.

DongHae: At least I’m delicious.

I scoffed and choked on my water.

____: How modest of you.

I gulped down the rest of my water and put the glass into the sink. I turned to face DongHae and played with his hair. He shivered under my touch before holding my cheek and pressing his lips against mine.

I stifled a laugh and broke the kiss.

DongHae: What’s so funny?

____: Now I understand why we weren’t picking SooHae up tonight.

DongHae chuckled and bent down for another kiss attempt but I pressed a finger no his lips.

____: But everything comes at a price. You’re going to pick her up – back from the ‘uncles’ first thing in the morning – 8.30am. No excuses!

DongHae laughed and kissed my forehead.

DongHae: You think I don’t miss hearing the continuous screaming in my ear from Soo?

____: Er… Yes?

DongHae scoffed and laughed.

DongHae: Just for tonight, it’s just you and I.

I blushed and looked away. DongHae scooped me up and carried us to his room (not the locked room) and laid me down. He pressed his lips softly on mine and I kissed him back. We tousled in bed, gripping and clawing at one another, hungry for one another’s touch and breath. DongHae courageously broke our kiss and panted beside me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me against his chest. I felt his heart beating fast - my favourite tempo.

_____: Just you and I…?

I mumbled in his chest. DongHae kissed the top of my head and breathed against my ear, sending chills down my spine.

DongHae: For tonight.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyheyhey readers! I know, I know, it's been WEEKS since we updated! But I've updated! (YAY)! We will update the next chapter asap since our mid-years are days away! :X Uh oh. Please be patient! The other author-nim will update asap!! :D 

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!