Gift

Will you be my dragon knight?

You guys are awesome! I didn't even realize that Eunha would be taller in this story, I don't think I've mentioned it but in my mind, she's on all fours and her height that way is up to a 16 year old Sowon's waist! So if she stood up on her back legs, she would indeed be taller than Sowon! What a wonderful world this is! Also just making some excuses but, this author went into surgery for the first time! I'm a little hazy on everything so there might be more errors!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are you guys back so late?! I told you to get back before dinnertime!"

Sowon and Yewon were kneeling in front of the village chief right outside the village entrance.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault, Yewon was just such a good girl when I was teaching her how to listen for animals that the time slipped my mind."

Yewon was shivering from the wind. Soown noticed and put up an exaggerated face to show her apology.

"Please forgive us?"

The chief grimaced.

"Stop looking like I was a bad person keeping you away and I'll let you in."

"Yay! Thank you so much!"

Sowon even threw in a free hug for the old man. She never usually gave hugs to people other than Yewon since the men in the village kept looking at her like prey. She learned to ignore them but since Yewon was growing older, she was getting worried about leaving her home alone.

"Than we'll be going then Chief, thanks so much for your benevolent actions!"

"Get out of my sight."

Sowon picked up Yewon and rushed inside their home, starting the fire once Yewon was wrapped in a blanket.

"Yewon-ah, tonight we'll have the last of the boar so tomorrow I need to hunt."

"Okay unnie, I'll hold down the fort."

"No, I don't like leaving you here anymore and besides you are supposed to go with me to practice hunting anyways."

"Won't I get in your way? You said I can't hunt."

Sowon smiled, Yewon was such a good girl.

"It's okay, I'll figure something out."

Sowon was organizing her items in her bag, waiting for the boar to cook when she shuffled around and put two parts together. Hiding whatever it was behind her back, she neared Yewon with a big smile.

"Umji-ah, guess what unnie has for you."

Yewon stared at her not knowing what Soown was trying to do.

"What? It's not my birthday."

"Ja-jaaan! Look I made this for you. Your very own crossbow. THis ine is a little smaller than mine since you're still tiny but when you grow up, when your hands are bigger than this grip, I'll teach you how to make it yourself okay?"

Yewon was speechless as she stared at the mini crossbow in her hands. It fit her hand perfectly and had a cute little flower carving in the grip. Running her fingers over the curve of the bow, she slowly started to smile.

"Unnie it's beautiful! I love it thank you!"

She threw her little arms around Sowon's neck surprising the latter. As they fell over from Sowon's kneeling position they laughed into the night.

============================================

Today's chapter was a bit shorter but just by a little, I still hope you liked it and before you have a hearrtattack over my surgery it was just removing all four of my wisdom teeth. I had two that were a bit too close to my nerves so I had to go under and I had to be strapped down. I'm fine now though, just ya'know bleeding a bit. Hehe have a good day/night!