Friend?

Will you be my dragon knight?

Sowon woke up really early in the morning, when the sun was not all the way off the ground. Sneaking out of the house, she left a message on the fence outside their hut for Yewon that she would be out hunting for the elders.

She went out in the half lit up forest looking for any animals she could possibly catch for food. Hearing a knocking noise, she looked up. A woodpecker, a fully grown one too. She readied her bow and carefully aimed at the bird. Letting her arrow fly, Sowon closed her eyes hoping that she had hit her target when she hear the startled squawk and a thump on the ground near her. Opening her eyes, she managed to catch the wing of the bird so she quickly stuffed the bird into her hunting pouch before crouching again. She had heard some rustling in the bushes.

Throwing a rock, the culprit revealed themself. A rabbit. Sowon quickly readied her bow getting ready to quickly finish it and go to hunt for one last animal to feed to the elders. 

Sowon quickly bagged her catch and ran outwards to the clearing to check up on the dragon.

"You're still here, huh?"

She noticed that the bowl of water was untouched even though other animal tracks had gotten close and even closer the tracks went wild as if scrambling for life. She looked at the dragon with a little bit of blood smeared on its face. Its eyes opened and Sowon was immediately captured by the pattern of its eyes. It reminded her of the time she had spent staring at the night sky in the wee hours of the mornings on the roof.

The dragon tilted its head as if wondering why Sowon was staring.

"Um, hello?"

The dragon nodded in a slight bow.

"Err, why didn't you drink the water?"

The dragon stared.

"I don't get it, were you not drinking it because it was bait for animals of what?"

The dragon tilted its head the other way.

"You're not hostile right?"

The dragon rumbled a bit.

Sowon slapped herself in the cheek.

"Why am I trying to communicate with a dragon? Do they even speak the same language aish I'm going crazy."

The dragon sniffed.

"Here, have this rabbit I caught, if I bring my little sister to see you, you won't eat her right?"

The dragon rumbled again.

"I guess, I'll see you later? Bye."

Sowon ran off in the direction she came from.

"Aish, why did I give the rabbit now I need to find another two prey to give."

Sowon hunted for another two hours and successfully delivered her due to the elders before returning to see Yewon.

"Yewon-ah! I'm back!"

"Unnie!!"

"Let's have lunch and then go out to have some fun okay?"

They had some leftover vegetables from the day before and had small bits of the boar meat.

"Chief, can I take Yewon out to the forest? I think its a good time ot start teaching her about hunting."

"I guess, are you sure you don't want one of the men to teach her? Your neighbors are always free."

"No, it's alright. I can handle teaching her. After all, I'm the only female hunter you have, let a girl teach a girl."

"Alright, return before dinner time."

"Of course."

Sowon led Yewon out to the forest away from the village.

"Yewon-ah, I know that you probably can't hunt for the goodness in you."

"Why? I haven't even tried?"

"I've been keeping you away from the bad things this long, I don't want you to soil your hands, the most I'll do is tell you to carry a dead animal and present the animal as your own catch to the elders. I'll teach you archery though in case they want you to show a demonstration of your skill."

"Unnie, I'm just six though?"

"Haha you rascal, the boys here start going out hunting with their fathers at five."

Slowly, they made their way to the dragon.

"Ah, Yewon-ah this morning I went for a quick visit and I saw it awake so we don't have to worry about it eating us. Its eyes were really pretty though."

"Really?"

"Really. So much that I think we really should call them Eunha but I don't know if they're a boy or girl."

The dark eyes that Sowon was talking about suddenly were met face to face with Yewon's.

"Ah!"

Sowon jumped as she saw the dragon in her sister's face.

"Oh my god that scared me."

The dragon tilted their head.

"I'll forgive you because you're cute."

Yewon hid behind Sowon's legs, peeking out slightly.

The dragon looked around Sowon's legs and stared at Yewon.

"Yah, she's not food. Stop staring."

 Sowon slowly made her way back over to the carved bowl she had filled with water and refilled it as the dragon had actually drank it after she left or let the animals get to drink it.

Yewon slowly stuck out a hand which the dragon nudged against.

"Haha, unnie look it's like a dog."

Sowon smiled, the dragon was really friendly. She checked the splinted wing and the wound on the forehead before sitting down on the floor tired.

"Unnie can we name it Eunha?"

"I dunno."

Sowon turned to the dragon.

"If you're a boy nod once."

The dragon froze in place.

"So you're a girl? Nod once."

The dragon nodded.

"Can we call you Eunha?"

The dragon opened its mouth as if trying to smile but failing as it kind of looked more like she was stretching her jaw out.

"Then from today on, here with us, I am Sowon, this is Yewon and you are Eunha."

Sowon smiled, maybe all dragons weren't bad.

====================================

Hehehehe already out with this story get ready for another long ride~

Also before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EUNHA AND well to SinB to but its actually in a few days? they celebrated together anyways Hurray!