origins

Will you be my dragon knight?

Ahhh interactive novelssss I know those. I am working on my writing and I kind of believe in the more I write the better it'll get?(This also means I'm planning on so many more stories in the future. xD) I do read a lot of books so it'll get better sooner or later. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

The sisters stared at Eunha.

"Well, unnie at least you look better now."

"I-I guess? What am I going to tell the village?"

Yewon and Eunha both tilted hteir heads.

"Can't you just tell them about Eunha? If they know that she can help us, won't they accept her?"

Sowon rubbed her head. Would they accept a dragon? When she had first entered the village, the condition for staying with them was to tell them everything that had happened for her to be out in the wild alone to see if she was an invalid that would become a burden.

---------------------------------------

Flashback~

The village that Sojung lived in was settled at the edge of a circular lagoon that had land about 6/7th of the way around and the 1/7 was a little opening that opened to the ocean.

"Sojung-ah! Get the laundry! It looks like it's going to rain."

"Ok mom!"

Little Sojung ran to help her mom get the laundry when she felt the first drops of rain hit the top of her tiny head.

"Ah! That's cold!"

They hurriedly pulled everything off the lines and ran back inside as the sky spilt more and more rain.

"Thanks for helping me Sojung-ah, you're such a good girl."

"Hehee!"

Sojung loved her mom's hugs and of course she loved her dad too, but he was usually out at work with the other men.

They waited for him to return to start dinner, sat at the little wooden table.

The door swung open and Sojung turned to smile at her father but what she saw instantly wiped her smile off her face.

"Appa!"

He was covered in blood and breathing heavily.

"Get away from here! We need to go right now!"

Grabbing all the necessities, her mother bustled around the house and she clutched at her little pouch.

"Where are we going?"

"Anywhere!  Anywhere but here!"

Frantic in panic, her father grabbed from the storage his spare dagger and tore off his necklace, pressing it into her little hands he said,

"Wear this, it'll protect you okay?"

It was a necklace made of a shark's tooth and a leather strip. It was her father's first shark that he had hunted that he kept the tooth of.

After getting everything ready, her father picked her up and ran outside, her mom following behind.

They traveled for a long time, Sojung had fallen asleep along the way but when she had awoken, they were in a small cave.

"Where are we?"

"A little ways from home, honey."

"How far is a little ways?"

Her father scratched at his chin.

"Remember when we stand in the doorway of our house, there's a mountain far in the distance?"

"Yea?"

"We're in a cave in one of the smaller mountains in that direction."

"Oh. That's far."

They stayed in that cave for the rest of the day, Sojung opted for another nap when she overheard her parents talking.

"Are you sure we're going to be okay?"

"I'm not. They're the dragons after all. They could be tracking me somehow."

"What?! How did this happen in the first place?"

"One of my friends were slacking off work and was caught, I stupidly stood up for him since it was unreasonable to fire someone who always worked hard except for that day."

"It doesn't make sense, why would we have to run?"

"I don't know, maybe there was something else he did but he doomed our whole village and we need away now."

When she woke up the next day, she was on her father's back again and they were running further away.

Hearing a weird sound that she had never heard before, she rubbed at her ears.

"Honey? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"There's a weird noise, it sounds like flapping."

Her parents looked at each other, stopping in their tracks.

"We can't escape."

"Huh? What's going on? Mom? Dad?"

They put her down in a hole in a tree and told her to be quiet.

"Listen honey, when the weird sounds are gone, you can come out. We won't be here anymore so you have to be brave okay?"

"Why won't you be here anymore?"

"We just won't okay honey? Here take this dagger."

Her father puleld off his sheath and tied it to Sowon's tiny waist.

"Be brave okay baby girl?"

"Okay. Please don't go?"

"I'm sorry honey."

Her parents kissed her one last time before they made their way out of the forest area.

Still unnerved, Sojung had climbed out a little bit to peek out the side of the tree.

"There should be three of you."

"Please! At least spare my child!"

"No."

A knight dropped down from the back of a shining red dragon.

"I'll let her live. She'll never make it to another village that would accept her anyways. What village needs girls that can't hunt? Hah!"

The knight cruelly laughed and pulled out his sword.

With a whoosh, her dad's head was gone and her mother was screaming. The dragon's claw came crashing down over her mother's slumped figure over her father's headless body.

She muffled her cries as she crept back into the hole to wait out the dragon's flying sound.