The Ruling Power

Will you be my dragon knight?

Eunha had locked herself in her room to think about the possibilities of how her memories could be blocked off. Since technically, her memory wasn't 'wiped' the thoughts remain there but she was unable to recall them.

"Maybe I should write it in my diary and hide it somewhere in case I forget again. Ah but what if I forget that its there? Maybe I should write a memo and hide it and write a clue on where it is in my diary."

---------------------------------------------

"Now that the king can no longer rule, who shall enter the stage as the new ruler?"

"I think it should be the queen, she has had experience beside the king and I think that maybe the King can be saved so we should just have a temporary ruler to hold his position until he is better."

"But what happens if he doesn't get better?"

"Then we'll have to follow the law that the next generation must take over if he does not get better or his will was not written to whom he will pass the throne to."

"Did our King write a will?"

"No, I'm afraid not, he was still a young King so he did not feel the need to write one even though I warned him of attacks that could take his life."

"Then the high princess that had recently been brought back should be the next ruler?"

"I don't think so. She was away for a long time and we do not know what she had gone through, it could cause her judgement to be biased towards certain things and we need a non partisan ruler."

"Then shall the second princess be ruler?"

A silence passed through the hall before the Queen spoke.

"Absolutely not!"

-----------------------------------------------

Eunha had hid her note and finished her diary clue when someone knocked on her door.

"High Princess?"

"Yes?"

"I am Knight Jung, I have come to take you back to the throne room."

"Why must I be there? I left there for a reason."

"Well, they told me you must be there for a reason so miss please."

Eunha unlocked her door and nodde to the knight.

"You're inside, please take off your helmet."

"No, it's my uniform I must wear it properly."

"Fine, but I never noticed that you had a very feminine voice."

Jung cleared his throat.

"That's an insult ot my manliness I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I should be sorry. Forgive me?"

"Of course your highness."

Eunha stepped into the throne room to see the room split in three. A faction that supported the Queen to rule, a faction that supported Eunha to rule and a faction that supported SinB to rule.

"Who do you think you are that you can oppose the Queen?!"

"Who do you think you are that we must listen to the Queen? She could be conspiring against us for any reason!"

"How dare you! This is treason! Going against the royal family is treason!"

"No! You guys need to listen! WE need a ruler and WE need to compormise!"

The whole room was in chaos as advisors and teachers and mentors all yelled aat each other. The Queen sat quietly in her throne next to the empty King's throne.

"Now, now everyone. Let's do it this way, I will be the temporary leader until the law takes effect where we must decide whether SinB of EunBi will take the throne."

"Alright. It must be between those two."

"Ah, I must also announce that the high princess is going to be bethrothed in a few weeks to the neighboring country of Astoria. This will be a peace bringing marriage and we will have extensive trade with them for their newly developed weapons. Now, let us return to our rooms and sleep on it shall we?"

The people murmured but walked away nonetheless. The Queen would be the temporary ruler for the three months the king has to recover and something might happen exspecially since the Queen would never allow the illegitimate to become ruler no matter the age.

"Knight Jung, please take care of my little sister as well please. I have a bad feeling."

==============================

And more unfolding, just you wait till I get to explaining what happened to how Eunha ended up at the castle. Leave a question and I'll answer it if it doesn't reveal the plot, hope you had a good read! See you tomorrow!