So Close to You

Finding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You: “Nina, take me out for some air.”

Nina: “Okay let’s go take a walk.”

You: “No, I mean drive me somewhere far away. I want to see a beautiful view.”

Nina: “You want to go out? Like out out?”

You: “Yea, I want to see the sea. I’ve been too cramped in this place. I want to see the ocean and listen to the sound of the water.”

Nina: “Oh, the sea?”

You: “Yep.”

Nina: “Okay, this upcoming weekend we can go.”

You: “Thanks.”

 

The week before

Nina was talking to Baekhyun over the phone.

Nina: “When are we going to let the both of them know? Your promotions are already over.”

Baekhyun: “I have a good idea.” Baekhyun smirks.

Nina: “What are you planning this time?”

Baekhyun: “Actually, Kyungsoo and I already booked for our flight to come over. He was so quick to fly off as soon as the promotions are over.”

Nina: “REALLY?! Why didn’t you tell me? I should’ve gotten ready!” Nina feels excited when Baekhyun shared the news. Finally she’ll be able to see him again after so long.

Baekhyun: “You still got plenty of time. We won’t be there until that Friday night. So take your time to get yourself ready. I am coming for you baby!”

Nina: “Omg!!!” Nina squeals over the excitement. “Does that mean that Kyungsoo knew about my sister?”

Baekhyun: “Nope he doesn’t! That’s when I have this awesome plan for these two! Let’s make a surprise for the both of them!”

Nina: “A plan? They both truly deserved to be surprised!”

Baekhyun went over the plan with Nina through the phone. Silly plan, lovely plan, or romantice plan. Who knows what these two are going to plan for you and Kyungsoo’s reunion.


 

Saturday

What was the other reason why you want to go see the sea? Deep down, you want to go there because that water is closest to Kyungsoo. The other side of that water is where Kyungsoo’s homeland is. You want to feel the moment to stay next to him even though there is that wide ocean separating you two.

Nina: “Okay, just you and me. We are gonna have a sister night out!” Nina got on the driver’s seat trying to raise up the atmosphere.

You: “Hurry and get going already.” You’re more excited than before thinking about going to the beach.

The drive was long and so far. However, you were listening to EXO’s new album and watching their new comeback music video. You can’t even see how they all look like right now. For sure you missed hanging out and taking care of these boys. Hearing their voices in sync definitely reminds you of the memories that you’ve spent with them. They were so childish and funny. You also wondered how they are like right now; have they changed? Have they dated? Are they still living together? You smiled like a proud mom.

Hearing Kyungsoo’s voice definitely soothes your mind. You were glad that he’s doing okay and wondered if he ever thought about you. Does he realize what you were going through? You shrugged those thoughts off of your mind. You didn’t want to think negatively about him and still wants to believe that he’s coming for you. Although, you did kind of lost a little hope.

Does he still love me? Questions like this kept popping into your head randomly. You wanted to shake it off completely but it’s out of your control. He might have somebody else already. There’s a lot of pretty girls out there. Again, these are your negative thoughts coming from your lonely side.

You: “He’s doing so well….” You whispered to yourself.

You turn off your cell phone to get rid of those emotions from controlling you as you already have tears filling your eyes. The more you think about him, the more you will start to think that you’re not worthy enough for him. In your eyes, he was doing too well to look like a person who loves and missed you. Even if it turns out that you were just an addiction of love to him at that time, you hate it but would rather suffer alone than burdening him. You have no courage to get him back if he chooses another path.

The drive to the beach was rather peaceful. You can see the land becoming shorter and the blue sea approaching.

You: “Wahhhh~ it’s been awhile~” It has been a while since you last visited the beach and seeing the sea.

Nina: “We’re almost there.” Nina smiled.

You smiled as you look through the window. Nothing can beat the beauty of nature.



 

Finally, the wait is over. Nina went to the beach where you came with your siblings last time. It was so much fun but super windy on that day. You remembered the moment when the wave came and hit you and almost drag you to the ocean. It was so fun and so terrifying because you remembered your heart was racing and thought that it might be the last moment of your life. Other than that, that wonderful day remained a good memory. All of your siblings are now adults working with their own lives. Although you were the youngest girl in the family, every one of your siblings get along with each other like they are the same age friends.

Nina: “Good memories.”

You: “Yea, I missed coming here.” Nina got you on the wheelchair.

Although your vision is still not good, the smell of the ocean and the misty water sprinkling your face is still the same. Today was not as windy as usual and you can tell the waves was not as aggressive. You can also hear your sister’s voice clearly without yelling at each other. Because the weather is still cold, there was no one there at the beach. The parking lot is empty like how it was last time. You thought it’s a perfect day to relax your mind and body.

Nina: “You must be cold huh. Let me go get you a jacket.” Nina went to the trunk to go grab a jacket. “Here you go.” She helps you put it on.

You: “Thanks.”

The jacket was a little big on you but it’s very warm. Nina starts pushing you to go to the beach.

You: “Wait.”

Nina: “What is it?”

You: “This smell.”

Nina: “You like the smell of this jacket?”

It smells like him.

You: “Is this my jacket?”

Nina: “It’s someone else’s. But you can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter