Stars That Crossed

Finding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-_____ years later-

EXO has released new songs and albums during the years of your separation with Kyungsoo. You two have not contacted each other ever since, but there was not a day where Kyungsoo would stop thinking about you. The new songs that he and EXO sang together, in fact it was the songs that he was expressing his wistful yearning for your return. He would hope that you will receive the message through the musics, and yes you did. You knew who he was singing it to, to others it will be the fans but to him it will be you. Sometimes when he performs on stage, his eyes would play tricks on him by making him see your image with the fans in a quick second. He was in lovesickness for two whole weeks when you both separated, and that was the reason why he kept having false visions. You did cried sometimes alone when you miss him too much, but you have put it aside because in no time, you’ll be back in his arms again.

One day, when you come back from work, your dad suddenly ask you about dating and relationships. He knows that you’re only focusing on your work and you’re done with college so he thought that it was about time that you need to find someone.

Dad: “Shine, I have someone whom I want you to meet with.”

You: “Who is it?”

Dad: “Since you’re done with school, and you have not found any time to start dating yet, I have made arrangements with one of your aunt’s son.”

You: “What???” You look at your dad with a disturbed look.

Dad: “It’s about time to start a life now. He is a good son just like you and he has a good educational background.”

You: “Dad, I’m not interested in anyone.”

Dad: “He’s coming to visit you tomorrow, so I’m hoping that you will be in your best behavior.”

You: “But dad!”

Dad: “I know that you’re obsessed with your korean gangsters, but you have to look into reality. You’re not a kid anymore, you should understand what I’m talking about.”

You: “This generation, you’re still hooking your kids up with an arranged engagement?”

Dad: “If I had to, then I must. I can’t just let you stay with me forever, all your childhood friends have already gotten married, except for you! They have their own kids and look at you! You’re just here, still a single woman with no experience about dating at all!” Dad rose his voice.

You: “I really want to get married too, if I can, I could’ve married but I was thinking about the family, my education that you want me to pursue. You’ve taken me to school, so I thought that I should reach your expectation by working hard on my education. But in the end, you just want to send me off to get marry? Look at my friends, are they successful? After they got married, they have kids and stopped going to school. They have low income and you want me to be like that?” It was a little bit harsh but you just want to point out the facts that was true.

Dad: “I just want you to start to experience dating.” Your dad thought about your statement and he admit that you are correct.

You: “There’s no need to.” You never argued with your dad before and this was your first time, you felt awkward and started to calm yourself down a little.

Dad: “Anyways, he’s coming tomorrow so prepare yourself. If you don’t like him, I won’t force you but do consider getting a little experience.”

In the end, you just had to give up and prepare yourself for tomorrow. If dad thinks that you’re ready to get marry, then you’re ready, plan is settled, you’re going back to Korea. That night you were already preparing to get your stuff for the trip, just in case if you have to move your plan early. Your sister came back from the shower and saw you packing your stuff up like you’re moving away. She sat down by the edge of the bed and looks at your movement as you were busy with arranging the order of the clothes that you tried to pack.

Nina: “What is this? Why are you packing this late?” She asks as she rubs her hair with her towel to make it dry.

You: *Sigh* “Dad hooked me up with one of our aunt’s son. It’s like a blind date and I don’t want to be arranged so I planned to move out soon.” You told her simply.

Nina: “Oh that’s great! You might like him, just go and meet up with him.” She encourages.

You: “I won’t like him.” You refused.

Nina: “And you’re trying to move because you don’t like this guy? Shine, you haven’t even met him yet, who knows you might like him.” She crosses her arms.

You: “I already have someone.” You intentionally didn’t mean to ignore her.

Nina: “Who?” She got a little excited.

You: “D.O.” You answered and giggled.

Nina: “Shine, you’re not a kid anymore! Please stop being so childish over D.O, it’s never going to happen between you and him!” Nina got her hopes hyped up for nothing and got irritated by your obsessiveness.

You: “You won’t believe me anyway.” You continued to pack your clothes.

Nina: “Just give that guy a little chance. If you move out just because of that then I’ll snitch on dad.” She ignored at your ridiculous relationship and went to dress up.

-

-

-

-

-

Although you know for sure that this guy will get rejected by you today, you still dressed yourself up for him, first impressions and a woman’s pride are the least you can give. It’s already past 12 PM and you were waiting for his arrival. Dad said that he should come visit around in the evening, which you thought that he’ll arrive anytime soon. In just a few minutes, the doorbell rang and you knew it that it was him. Dad got the door while you were in your room trying to take a peek at his car. His car was dark blue and it looks very new and polished when you saw it. Dad came to your door few seconds later and signals you that the man arrived. You knew it and didn’t want to start this date in the first place but since he’s here, there is no turning back. You walked out to see how the guy look like, unfortunately your heart was beating really fast since it has been ____ years since you’ve been near around guys. The guy was in the first living room waiting while sitting on the sofa and dad was keeping him company. You can hear his voice clearly, he sounds very gentle and somewhat he has a nice voice where he can talk with the elders very well. The moment when you walked out to show your face at him, you can see that he stopped his conversation with your dad and turned to look at you. Your eyes met with his and you swallowed down your saliva in nervousness. He has very sharp features with a perfect bridge nose, small plump lips, and small rounded eyes with sparkles. He was very handsome for an average man.

Dad: “This is my daughter, Sunshine~” Your dad introduces you to him instantly.

Guy: “Oh~ Hello there. It is very nice to meet you, my name is Len~” He took out his hand to form a handshake with you.

You: “Hello, my name is Sunshine.” You gladly shook hands with him..

His hand was big enough to make your hands warm when it came in contact, but that doesn’t make you feel anything. It feels like a business handshake instead of a blind date. You sat down across from him and then your dad went off to somewhere in order to make you two have a peaceful conversation with each other. You can tell that he was super nervous when the awkward silence broke in between the two of you. He was constantly rubbing his thighs over and over to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter