Retribution

Finding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A huge thud was heard once your body drops to the ground. Everyone, in motion had their eyes fixated on your soulless body that was lying there. Len, the bridesmaid, the groomsman, and the elder stopped moving forward as the the bride’s body laid flat on the ground blocking their way.

Len: “Sunshine! Sunshine! Sunshine!” Len picks you up from the ground.

Elder Sister: “Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!” Your second elder sister witnessed the terrifying scene and rushes over quickly.

Older Brother: “What’s going on???!” Your second older brother came rushing along.

Your sister checked your breathing and pulse and all was normal, then she checked your eyes to see your neurologic condition. Luckily she studies to become a nurse beforehand so she was able to read and examined your condition in an instant. Soon enough, the whole family who was inside the house heard about the incident from outside and quickly arrive at the scene.

Dad: “WHAT IS THIS??? WHAT HAPPENED???!” Your dad raise his voice in worry and came over.

Nina: “OH MY GOD…” Your family’s heart sank when they see the unconscious bride’s eyes closed and body on the ground.

Older Brother: “CALL THE AMBULANCE RIGHT NOW!!!!” Your brother yelled out to anyone who is available to call the ambulance. Then whoever had their phone out quickly dialed the emergency number.

Len: “Sister, is she going to be okay?” Len began to form sweats as it doesn’t seem like you’re about to wake up.

Sister: “I can’t tell what causes this at all! Her breathing and heart rate is moving fine and neurologic condition is normal! What is going on???!” Your sister panics and started to bawl out of nervousness.

Brother: “Calm down, the ambulance is going to be here soon.” Your brother tried to soothe your nervous sister down by patting her back. Then she nods and caresses your cheeks while her tears couldn’t stop coming out.

The ambulance soon arrived after a few minutes and the whole wedding turned into a mess. They took you to the hospital and had you enter the emergency room where no one was allowed to interfere. Your mom, dad, siblings and a few of Len’s family waited outside for the result of their final examination. After a long three hours of waiting, the doctor who took charge of your condition finally came out of the room.

Doctor: “Who is the patient’s guardian?”

Dad: “It’s me. I am the father of the patient.” Your dad was worried sick about you and he almost cried his heart out but was able to hold it in.

Doctor: “Hello, my name is Dr. Browne and I am the one in charge of your daughter’s condition.” Dr. Browne firstly had his first greeting with a handshake to your dad.

Dad: “Hello, My name is ____. How is my daughter’s condition Dr. Browne?” Dr. Browne gave a little sigh and shook his head slightly.

Dr. Browne: “According to our analysis on your daughter, it seems like her health and condition was normal. But, what makes it confusing was that we don’t know what causes her to fall into sleep, there seems to be no problem with her. In worst case scenario, she can be diagnosed with the Kleine-Levin Syndrome, but we don’t know for sure. I will let you know more about the information in a couple days once I get the final test results, but rest assure for now.” Dr. Browne gave a light pat on your dad’s shoulder and went ahead into the elevator.

Kleine–Levin syndrome (KLS) also known as "Sleeping Beauty syndrome" is a rare sleep disorder characterized by persistent episodic hypersomnia and cognitive or mood changes. Many patients also experience hyperphagia, hyperuality and other symptoms.

Mom: “Everything is going to be fine now.” Your mom consoles your dad with a smile.

Dad: “Right…...everything is going to be fine.”

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-A week Later-

“Aigoo, how did you get this sick?” Kyungsoo’s mother came over to the dorm to take care of her hardworking son who caught a cold for the first time in a while.

Kyungsoo was in his bed while his mother took care of the cooking and cleaning while Suho was off to somewhere for some business to do. Baekhyun was beside Kyungsoo’s mom helping to nurse Kyungsoo while he keeps her company when there’s only the three of them in the dorm. Kyungsoo’s cold has not gone down at all and his temperature was really high, looks like he’s not getting any better at all.

Mrs. Do: “It has been so long...since the last time you were this sick.” Mrs. Do sat beside Kyungsoo’s bed and caressed his hair.

Kyungsoo: “Are you talking abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter