To Protect My Friend

Finding You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nina walks slowly toward the bed where you rest. Your eyes were clearly opened. Nina wipe her tears quickly and smile.

Nina: “Sunshine!” She said your name.

You blink your eyes many times. All you can see is a blur but you can hear your sister’s voice and feel her presence.

You: “Nina…” Your voice husky and barely audible.

Nina: “You’re awake!” Nina had a reassuring smile on.

The doctor quickly came to check on you.

 

Doctor: “Her pulse is normal and heart pressure is normal. This is a miracle! Very few patients have passed this stage within years but it only took Sunshine a few months to overcome this illness. We will monitor her health so she can rest for a few more days until the results come out. Furtheremore, I sincerely congratulate you guys!” The doctor smiles.

Nina: “Thank you so much Dr. ______! Thank you!”

You: “I can’t see…”

Doctor: “Excuse me Miss Sunshine I am going to check your eyes with a light.”

The doctor quickly take out his eye light. He flashes the light to your eyes and observes your pupil.

Doctor: “For now it’s not clear to me what is the cause for her vision. We will run a vision test for her during the process of her rehabilitation. Rest assure because Miss Sunshine has passed the hard stage. We’ll take our leave for now and you both have a rest.”

Nina: “Thank you again doctor. You have a good evening.”

The doctor and the nurse left the room only to leave you and Nina behind.

You: “Am I at the hospital Nina?”

Nina: “Yes, crazy woman. You know how long you have been on this bed?”

You: “I’m tired...my body can’t really move…”

Nina: “Of course, that’s only natural after four to five months of sleep.”

You: “What? Four to five months?”

Nina: “Yes.”

You: “What are you talking about? That doesn’t make sense.”

Your head hurts for a second. You wanted to get up but your muscles were really weak. Your arms will give up on your weight as you attempt to sit up.

Nina: “Let me help you.” Nina offered to help. She supported your back while you try to push yourself up. “You fainted on the wedding day and so it had been months since you’ve been sleeping.”

You: “Wedding?…” Your head hurts again. Your tears start forming and dropping down to your cheeks. Talking about the wedding suddenly made you realize and remember those ill feelings you had. During that time, you felt like the whole world was against you and everything turned dark. Those laughters that you last saw sounded like the devils and that was when you out. “Nina, I didn’t want to marry that guy…” The feeling of marriage and being married haunts you. Thinking that another guy instead of the one that you loved forces you into a marriage….makes you want to disappear. “I don’t want to live…” You whisper softly and then whimpers.

Nina: “Don’t worry, the wedding was cancelled. Len and his family agreed to take down the marriage. Everything has come to an agreement from both side of the family. Rest assure and stop thinking about killing yourself. Dad and mom almost had a heart attack.”

Your tears still coming down. You missed Kyungsoo so much at that moment. You were sure that you heard his voice but in the end you came to conclude that it was just an imagination. Other than that, it was quite relieving to hear that the wedding didn’t end well. However, it obviously left a tracing rumour.

You: “Dad is probably disappointed in me huh? That he had a daughter who got dumped on the wedding day. The relatives must be disappointed. Everyone must be disappointed.”

Nina: “Right now just worry about yourself…” Nina’s tears flow down and she wiped it immediately. “Dad actually cares about the family more than relatives. Although relatives are priority to him most of the time, we are all his children and he won’t care less of what others said about us because it’s not true. I can see that he opened a new caring through this incident. So that means that he is not disappointed in you and neither are we.”

You cried louder and your voice hitch many times. You hated dad and everyone at the time, or more like a heartbroken hate toward your family members. Although you hated them, you knew that they won’t anbandon you like that. You were left speechless and cried your eyes out. One feeling was a feeling of relief and the other feeling is the feeling of sadness. Both emotions mixed together just make you feel happy to be alive.

Nina: “Go ahead and cry your eyes out. I’m going to make a call to dad them.”

Nina took a phone call to every family members that was available. She even texted the family group chat about the news. So far no one has replied yet due to their daily schedules but Nina got a hold of dad first. While she was on the phone, you looked around the room to see how it looks like. All of a sudden, a familiar scent suddenly attracted you.

This smell…

You know it for sure.

You tried to get up from your bed. Your body can’t function as much yet but you were determine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter