Chapter 3

I Need You, More and More Each Day

We built a friendship, before.

I finished my food and went upstairs immediately. I knocked his door.

"SungGyu-ssi, we'll be leaving the house in a few minutes. I'll just get ready."

I waited for his reply but there's none.

"SungGyu-ssi?" I knocked his door again. But there's no answer again.Hmm. What is he doing?.Oh, maybe he's getting ready too.

I went to my room. Took a refreshing bath and fixed myself. I wore the most comfortable dress I have. This yellow sundress and I got a hat. I went out seeing that I'm ready with everything. I stood in front of his room and knock.

"SungGyu-ssi, uhm. Shall we go now?" I waited for a reply but there's none. I knocked again.

"Yah! Heeseol-ah, aren't you coming yet?. I thought you want to show me this place?" He shouted when he saw me. He was at the stairs wearing a white t-shirt and baby blue jeans. He looks fine.

"Hey. We will go or not?" He waved his hands getting my attention. I just realized that I was staring at him when he did that.

"Ah, N-ne" I stuttered. What? I stuttered? Ugh.

While walking we were so quiet. Should I talk?

"Sunggyu-ssi?" I called out making sure he is still following behind me.

"Hmm?" He murmured. It sounds so cute. I smiled to myself.

"Nothing. Just making sure you're still following me." I said and looked back at him. After hearing that he stopped walking and rolled his eyes.

"Yah Lee Heeseol. Are you making fun of me?" He said, obviously annoyed.

"No!" I said. "Is this some kind of joke to you? I really want to show you that place I'm talking about." Explaining myself while walking towards him.

"Better not. I'm really gonna be pissed." He rolled his eyes.

I smiled and started walking. We continued walking in the road for about good ten more minutes and turned right a small road leading to the place I'm talking about. The place is just about meters away from the road andit came to ourviewas soon as wereached it.

"Flowers?" He said with a sound of sarcasm in his voice.

I nodded vigorously and smiled. But when I noticed he rolled his eyes.

"You don't like it?" I asked him.

"I am not expecting this. And I don't feel like walking this far to see flowers, Lee Heeseol." He said sternly,

"Sorry." I looked down on my feet and fidgeted my fingers, I'm trying to stop a tear to escape my eyes but I failed. I was just being good to him, hy can't he appreciate it?. I know I'm a little bit emotional here but why does he have to be like this? He could have just acted like he was interested on it. But I think it's just right that he is being honest about his feelings.

And then I heard him laugh. Laugh?

"Look at you. Hey, I was just joking ." He laughs so loud.. I looked at him. He really pisses me off. Ugh. This guy.

"Yah! Why are you crying?" He bent down to look at my eyes. "You're really crying, eh?"

I looked away but he held my chin and forced me to look at him.."This oppa was just joking." He smiled at me..

Oppa?..Did he just say that word?

"You're not my oppa." I told him while glaring at him.

"Yes I am. I am older than you." He smiled again. "So, what are we going to do here?" He looks at the garden.

I stomped away from him towards the little cottage on the corner. I own this garden. Well, I asked my parents to give it to me and I will take care of it. It's been a year since I started taking care of this garden.  I grew tulips, sunflowers, roses, peonies and other kinds of plants here.

"Uhm. I'll be watering the plants." He said and picked up the watering can. He walked towards the faucet.

"Heeseol, why don't you just put sprinklers here? it would be easier to water these." I watched him while he fills up the can with water. I woke up from my little reverie when I heard my name being called by him several times. Oh shocks. I was staring at him the whole time.

"Do you find this oppa handsome?" He pointed to himself.

"No!" I picked up the other watering can and walked towards him and filled the can with water. I heard him laugh but I just ignored him.

We watered the plants together. And when we finished it, we sat on the bench on the cottage.

"Did you own this garden?" He asked me while looking around the cottage.

"Yes." I saw him nodding.

"I can't believe you can manage this. It's nice here and beautiful." He smiled.

I picked up the  scissors. "Hey, I didn't say anything bad, okay? Put those down!' He looked at me with scared facade.

"I'm not doing anything with you, ok? I am going to get flowers and go home." I rolled my eyes and went towards the flowers.

"Let me help then." He walked beside me and got the scissors from my hands. "Tell me which flowers and I'll get them for you, ok?" He looked at me with a cute smile.

I nodded. He patted my head. "Let's go?" He asked me.