Chapter 9

I Need You, More and More Each Day

You were so unpredictable. I hope I can predict you now.

 

After lunch, we started to get ready and leave to buy new clothes for the wedding. I walked out of the house, the car is already waiting for us. Sunggyu is standing beside the car. He noticed that I was outside already and he looked at me, he opened the door and motioned me to go in first. He is someone I couldn't guess. I don't know him. Yesterday, he showed me various sides of him that I couldn't grasp. I don't know. He was angry, pissed, funny, talkative, demanding and someone I don't know. And today, he was quiet, very delicate with his every move, charming, sorry, and now, gentleman. I really don't know. It's the only time I realized this things. I really have to get know him better. He is a mix of people around the world.

The car ride is so awkward. I can't even move. I held in my breath as if he can hear me. I just looked outside. I am sitting beside him that's why it's like this. After few minutes, we arrived at the mall. I opened the door beside me and I waited for him on the entrance of the mall. He was so quiet. I suggested that we should buy his clothes. He is somewhat picky but we only went to one shop. I think it's his favorite shop. I just let him choose what he wants since he's the one who'll wear it. I looked around and I noticed the colorful strips of cloth in the corner of the shop and I went there. These are neckties. I picked up the thin burgundy necktie that caught my eye. It's pretty for me. Well, I really don't know how to choose a necktie, I've never done it once.

"Oh, is that beautiful?." I heard Sunggyu speak behind me. I can feel his body behind me. We're so close with each other.

"Ah, I think so." I said. I shifted a little, making a space between us, since it's really awkward.

"uhm." He hummed. I turned around still holding onto the thin fabric.

"I just picked it up thinking it's really pretty." I looked at him, he was looking at me. I looked at my fingers and turned around and put the necktie down and started walking awayy from him

"Have you chose anything yet?" I asked him as I face him. He looks at me. He raised the burgundy necktie.

"Yep, and this one looks good on them." He smiled at me. I really can't get this person. He went to the counter and paid for the suit and tie.

"Oppa. I will pay for it, eomma and appa told me to pay for it." Itold him as I was walking towards him.

"No." He put his wallet on his pocket and picked up the bags containing his clothes.

"Oh right. Let's find something for you." he winked at me. Huh, really. This morning he was so quiet and now look at him, he's being someone playful.

We went to the boutique I was eyeing last week, they had this cute dress that I like. We went inside, Sunggyu following me. I went straight where they hang the dresses. But sadly, it was nowhere to be found. I asked the lady in the store. She said that was the only piece they had and someone bought it already this morning. I was late. I should have bought it the first time I saw it. I slumped down on the couch on the shop and I can feel my face forming a sad facade. I sighed.

"Have you chose anything yet?" He asked me. I looked at him and I shook my head faking a smile.

"Hmm. There are so many pretty dresses here. Ah wait" He walked towards the  other corner and pulled a dress.

"Try this." He pushed the dress in front of me. It's a knee length asymmetric white and pastel pink dress,  the front is shorter until the knee and gets longer by how many inches at the tail part.

I held the dress and eyed it then him.

"Oh come on. Try it. There's nothing to lose." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and went to the fitting room to try the dress. Well, it isn't bad. And it looks better than the dress I want. I turned around and checked my reflection on the mirror.

"Not bad. He got tastes to women's clothes as well." I whispered and smiled. I removed the dress and wore my clothes back. I went out and went to him. He looked up at me since he was sitting on the couch.

"You're done? Why aren't you wearing it yet? Let me see." He can be annoying sometimes. Ugh. But yeah, his change in personality is unclear.

"I wore it already and it looks ok." I told him flatly.

"So are you getting it?" He looked at me intently. I looked around the store but I can't find anything better than this. Maybe on other stores? But, would he feel bad if I chose something over this?

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Oh okay." He said. I went to the lady and told her to keep this for me. She said ok and we went to the other stores but I can't find anything. Sunggyu just followed me throughout the walk.

"Heeseol-ah, have you find something?" He asked me.

"Nothing. Uhm, oppa, if you want to go home now just go home, I'll be roaming around alone." I looked at him.

"No, we'll go home together." He grabbed my hand started to walk.

"What are you doing?" I asked him referring to our hands.

"Walking with you?" He replied shortly.

"No, I mean, This" I stopped on my tracks and held our hands high.

"Holding your hands while walking?" He said shortly and started to walk dragging me with him.

"I can go alone." I told him pulling my hands and stopping my tracks.

"No." He said and tighten his grip on my hands. He looked at me and smiled. "We'll buy that dress, then we can go home."

we walked to the boutique where I tried the dress earlier and SungGyu went to the cashier and paid for the dress. I told him that he doesn't have to pay for it but he insisted. He said he wants to be a good oppa to me that's why he paid for it. I couldn't do anything.

The car ride home was so silent. I glance at him sometimes, and I can see him smiling while looking outside. When we arrived at home, Mother and Father was nowhere to be found. I asked our helpers and they said they went somewhere again. Again. Sunggyu and I had a dinner together and we just talked about random things and then he helped me review again until nine in the evening.

"Ok, good night Heeseol." He patted my head. We were standing in front of my door.

"You too." I muttered shortly. He leaned in and kissed the top of my head. I can feel my cheeks are burning up, so I just looked down. Why? Why I can't say anything!! I felt like I'm mute. I can't open my lips. I can't even feel my body. I can't move.

"Sweet dreams." He said and turned to go to his room. When he shut his door that's the only time I came back to my senses. I turned around and went inside my room as quickly as possible. Yeah, you're doing your job right, Sunggyu.

I plopped myself on my bed and closed my eyes, trying to erase everything that happened today.