Chapter 52

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 "I don't know." That was just my answer to every question. Especially when it comes to talking with Sunggyu.

"Eonni, you know that I have to move on and let Sunggyu move on too." I sighed and leaned back in the sofa.

"Yes, but it doesn't look like you want to move on. You haven't forget anything about him. You always remember him in anything." Youngjoo eonni said and shook her head. She was right. There wasn't a day that I couldn't think of him. Everything reminds me of him.

"It was hard. Look at me, I'm carrying our child and who will expect me to forget him." She chuckled when I said that.

"I'm telling you, it would be harder when the child comes out and he looks exactly like his father." We laughed at the thought. Yes, it would be harder if that was the case. Seeing a cute little Gyu around, laughing and running. Now I don't know if I should wish that he should look like his father or not.

"Do you want more?" Youngjoo eonni lifted up the empty bowl of popcorn.

"Yes please." I pouted and said it in an aegyo to which she just shook her head. She stood up and went to the kitchen counter to refill the bowl.

I continued watching the television. It's Running Man on the screen and it never failed me to laugh.

"Kwangsoo's really funny!" I laughed as Kwangsoo said a line.

I tried to stand up because I felt the urge to pee but when I forced myself I felt my stomach ache.

"Eonni!" I shouted and she rushed to my side.

"What is it?!"

"Ugh! My stomach hurts! Ah!!" I shouted.

"Wait, let me call Jinwook, stay calm Heeseol."

"Ahh!!" The pain was unbearable. I still have a week or two before my due but I think I'll be delivering soon.

"Just wait Heeseol. Breathe in and out." She tried to calm me but I can't.

The pain was indescribable. I don't know where to hold on to. Or where to touch. Every part of feels like breaking.

"I think you'll be delivering earlier than your due." Eonni said as she held my hands.

Few minutes later Jinwook oppa arrived. He carried me to their car.

"Can you hold it in Heeseol?" Youngjoo eonni said. I was on the back seat lying. I nodded trying to suppress the pain. I can't tell how painful it was but it's like killing me. No, I have to be strong.

"Yeobo, ppalli!" She said.

We arrived at the hospital in an instant and I was rushed to the emergency room.

The agonizing pain that I felt stayed for a few more minutes and I just cried as the doctor said to push the baby more. I breathe in and out.

"Ahh!" I shouted as I hold onto the nurses hand on my side.

"A few more. Push!" I pushed and clenched anything I could.

"Ok, I can see the head now. Push!" She prompted me again and so I did.

Few more minutes and I heard my baby's cry for the first time. I tried to catch my breath and smiled when I heard him.

"Here's your baby boy, Miss Lee." She walked towards me and let me peek on my baby who was crying so loud. I smiled when I saw him but then everything went black.

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

When Heeseol was sent to the emergency room, Youngjoo called Heeseol's mother to inform her.

"Mrs. Lee, it's me, Youngjoo." She bit her lip and waited for Heeseol's mother to speak. She tried to be calm but her voice is still shaky.

"Heeseol's delivering right now." She said when she was aked why did she call.

"I know I shouldn't call you at this time but it's an emergency."

"Is she okay? Is she delivering normally?" The elder woman on the other line asked with so much worry in her voice. She didn't care anymore if her husband sleeping soundly beside her will be disturbed or even hear her talking like this. She stood up and went outside their room.

"Ne. It's been almost an hour since she was inside. I am just so worried. Will you be able to come here as soon as possible?" She asked. Anxiousness is all over her face.

She had asked Heeseol's helper to get clothes and other things needed so she was just left alone with her husband in the hospital. Heeseol was inside the emergency room for about an hour now and no news yet from her doctor or nurse.

"I will as soon as I can book a flight. Just update me, okay?"

"Ne." Was all she answered and they cut the call.

Heeseol's due was for another two weeks. They didn't expect this.

Youngjoo was contemplating whether to call Minhwan right now or a little later since it was too early in Korea. She was thinking that maybe Minhwan was too tired right now because he had to handle so many projects for their company as they speak the last time Minhwan had visited Heeseol.

The door opened and a masked person came out. She removed her mask and greeted the couple as they walk towards her. It was Heeseol's doctor.

"Heeseol is fine and so is her baby though she delivered earlier than the estimated due. She'll be brought in her room soon." She smiled and left them. The couple especially Youngjoo felt relieved when they heard about that.

 

Heeseol was still asleep when they had brought her to her hospital room.

"She might have had it hard." Youngjoo whispered as she wipe her friend's face with a warm towel.

"Yeah. I really panicked when you called me." Her husband said. "Just like when you first gave birth to our daughter. It's just that you had pulled my hair and blamed me with every pain you felt." He continued and chuckled as he remembered. Youngjoo slapped his husband's shoulder and glared at him.

"What. It was the truth!" He said. Even the two young ladies-Heeseol's helpers- inside was laughing.

"You know it wasn't easy! It felt like I was going to die. Tss. Sunggyu should have been slapped by Heeseol too if he was here."

"You know what. I knew it, when I first saw them together that they would be perfect with each other. You saw how Sunggyu looked at Heeseol too right?" It was on their wedding day. They had teased the two back then about being together.

Sunggyu looked at Heeseol as if she was the most beautiful creature in the world. His eyes were so gentle towards her and his love was evident in the way they smiled to her. Jinwook knew it because that's what he felt with his wife, Youngjoo.

Youngjoo nodded and smiled.

"It's just that, I don't think they would get back together. She was very persistent in forgetting him. And you know that her father was persistent with marrying her off to Sunggyu's brother too."

A phone ring and it was Youngjoo's. She checked it and it was Minhwan.

"Noona." He said on the other line as soon as Youngjo picked up the call.

"Hi."

"How's Heeseol? Did she delivered well? How's the baby?" He asked nonstop. His voice sounded like he had just woke up and was very surprised.

"Yes. She's here on her room now. The baby was still in the nursery, we'll see him later once Heeseol is awake."

Minhwan sighed on the other line. Youngjoo texted him instead after the doctor told them about Heeseol.

"That's good then. Mian noona but I still can't go there until this weekend. Have she thought about telling it to Sunggyu yet?"

"No. She said she won't. That's the last thing we have talked about before this happened."

"Hmm. I hope she'll really think about it. By the way, can you send me the baby's pictures later? I want to see him so bad." Now excitement was on his voice. He had a smile on his face knowing that the baby was out. He was too excited to play with him and take care of him like his own.

"Yes no problem. Hey, you're excited I know but you should get up and be ready for your work." She nagged again. Minhwan laughed on the other line and ended the call.

 

HEESEOL'S POV

 

I felt a striking pain on my lower abdomen and it woke me up so I opened my eyes and adjusted to the light. I looked up and I was in the hospital. I remembered that I just gave birth; my tummy isn't that big anymore. I saw Youngjoo eonni who was arranging some things on the table.

 

"Eonni." I called out softly, unable to speak comfortably because it felt like if I would my stitches would rip.

She turned around and walked towards me.

"Oh, you're awake. How are you feeling? Is anything hurt or what?" She tpuched my forehead and looked at me.

"I'm fine, my baby?" I just wanted to see him again.

"He's fine, do you want them to bring him here?" I nodded and she smiled. She went out and Anne-one of my helpers- came in just in time with a basket full of fruits.

"Miss Heeseol, how are you?" She approached me on my bed as she put down the basket.

"I am fine." I smiled feeling a little more excited about my baby.

"That's good then. I saw your baby on the nursery and he was just so cute!" She exclaimed with her rich british accent and touched my hand.

"Really? I wonder who does he look after. Me or his father." I smiled with the thought. I mean, if he looked like Sunggyu, he would really be cute. I am not saying that if he looked like me he isn't anywhere near cute. It's just that seeing little version of Sunggyu is so amazing.

"Well, you'll see soon. Jean had gone there too to see him, she might have bumped into Youngjoo in the hallway." She said. I nodded and waited for them to arrive. Just a moment after someone knocked on the door and a nurse is carrying a baby on her arms with Youngjoo eonni and Jean trailing behind with my doctor.

"Good morning mommy." The nurse said and walked towards me to pass me my baby. He was so small and fragile.

I smiled from ear to ear and tears came running from my eyes when I finally got to have a closer and clearer look to his face. His eyes were closed.

He got Sunggyu's nose for sure. He got my lips. And I think he got Sunggyu's eyes too. Woah he really is a little version of him. Oh my baby. I sniffed and wiped the threatening tears again on my eyes. He is so perfect.

I touched his cheek and he leaned to my finger.

"He looked like Sunggyu, Heeseol." Youngjoo eonni said and I nodded.

"Yes, if he would see him, he won't doubt it's his. No lying, his face shows it all." I said.

"Congratulations again Miss Lee." My doctor offered her hand and I shook it with my free hand.

"Thank you."

"I prefer you should feed him and carry him moreoften. A mother's touch will help him more, he is a little early to go out." We laughed at that and I nodded.

The nurse assisted me as I try to feed him for the first time.

He started to feed on my and it's kinda weird but I have to do it for him. It realy felt like I'm really an official mother now.

"The papers will be given to you later to fill it up with his information." We nodded and they bid goodbye.

"Woah, this is really like a dream eonni." I whispered as I stare to the baby on my arms. They chuckled at my words.

"He is so tiny and so fragile. But he is heavy." I smiled and just looked at him enjoying to be fed.

"Uhm did you call mother or Minhwan or Jiwon?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded.

"I called them all and Jiwon will be here later. She is in Italy for a conference again and said she would come by."

I smiled and felt a little excited to show her my baby. 

"And eomma?" I asked.

"She booked a flight and she'll arrive tomorrow. Minhwan said he can't until the weekend, you know he is busy with projects right now." I nodded and felt a little sad. I was so nervous as to what happened back home. Did mother told father already? Will they be here together?

"So what will you name him?" Youngjoo eonni asked and went closer to take a look.

"Daehan." I whispered as I touch his soft yet delicate cheek again. He snuggled his face more and seemed to be pleased when he was called by his name.

"So, are you going to name him after Sunggyu or will you use your name?" I looked at Youngjoo eonni. I had never thought of that even before.

"I don't know. I have to talk to my mother first about that." She nodded and smiled.

"Aigoo, our Daehannie is so cute." She cooed and Daehan stopped . His eyes went open and looked like he is adjusting with the light.

His eyes were so small just like his father.

"Woah, Sunggyu might have loved you so much. Daehan looked exactly like his father." Youngjoo eonni chuckled.

"You have seen Sunggyu's picture, right?" She asked the two ladies in the room who were so quiet and they nodded.

"Look at Daehan, he looked like his father." Youngjoo eonni added and the two ladies went near as they look at Daehan in my arms.

"Woah." "Yes he is." They said.

Sunggyu, if you would see him. You'll be proud.

"So what do you plan Heeseol? You can't hide this cuttie here or deny it's Sunggyu's. You can see clearly who is the father." She put her hand on my shoulder and we looked at each other.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll just tell him once I get back to Seoul. But I don't think we'll be back together again. You know my father won't have any way but to get me married with Jaehyun." I said, pained a little with the thought.

"I couldn't deny more that it's Sunggyu's. Look at him, we just joked about him looking like his father, but see, he really is." She nodded and squeezed my shoulder as she kissed the top of my head.

"Daehan-ah, eomma is really sorry about that. But you do know that I love you so much, right? And I'm doing everything for you, right?" I looked at him as he blinked slowly. He is so cute I wanted to hug him tighter but afraid that it might crush him.

 

I just watched Daehan the whole time as he sleeps. He was beside me and been asleep for ours now. Babies are like that. I had read too many articles and trivias about babies to be prepared. Haha!

Then a knock came from my door and Jean opened it. It revealed Jiwon.

"Oh, Jiwon-ah!" I almost shouted. She looked around and smiled brightly when she spotted me on my bed.

"Heeseol-ah!!!" She yelled and went running to me.

"Sshh! My baby's sleeping." I whispered and she hugged me tightly.

"Oh I'm sorry." She broke the hug and looked at the baby beside me.

"Oh wow. He is an angel. He is so handsome." She covered with her hand and took a closer look.

"Wow, it's all Sunggyu's. How did he do that!" I chuckled at her expression. She was too excited too.

"Oh my God, really, Heeseol. You guys did a good job!" I slapped her arms playfully with her words. The two ladies weren't getting anything since we were talking in Korean.

"What's his name?"

"Daehan." I said simply and proud.

"Lee Daehan or Kim Daehan?" She asked and looked at me carefully with those mischievous eyes she had.

"Haven't thought of it yet but I am more on the Lee side. You know I can't just name him right away." I said. She nodded and looked at my baby once more.

"Have you seen Youngjoo eonni?" I asked her.

"Yes, she was at the nurse station. I was about to ask at the lobby but then I saw her and she told me your room number." I nodded. She is still staring at the baby.

"Can I carry him?" She asked. I nodded and let her carry Daehan for the first time.

"Woah, when will I get a baby?" She asked as she swayed with Daehan.

"Not this early. Don't be like me." I said jokingly.

"Why, what's wrong with it? You are a company's president, you've fulfilled your parent's dream." She said and danced slowly.

"And engaged with my child's uncle? Not like that."

"But you two are dating first before you were engaged with the uncle. You know, you could just fight. They can't do anything especially now that you guys are a family now. Here, here is a beautiful proof of your love with each other, your parent's can't do anything anymore."

I smiled and watched them.

But I couldn't do that much. I have decided to forget everything about us and maybe start as friends, for our child. It hurts me but it's for the best.

And if I still need to marry Jaehyun after all of these, I don't know anymore. Will appa accept what I did? Will he accept us? I just hope so, it's his grandson.

Jiwon left after an hour or so and said she would just go back to her hotel and get her things. I said she could stay in my house while she's here for her to be more comfortable.

A day passed just like that and the doctor said we could go home on our third day. Mother arrived this morning and she was so overjoyed seeing her first grandson.

"Heeseol." She called out to me as she stared at Daehan on her arms.

"He's Sunggyu's child, isn't he?" She looked at me. I bit my lip and nodded slowly. I bowed my head down. Woah. I should have told her sooner.

"I knew it! Ha!" she calmed herself realizing the baby in her arms.

"Sorry eomma. I should have told you sooner." Then I heard her chuckle. I looked at her totally confused as to what she was laughing about.

"Darling, I was just so amazed by the two of you. I had hoped for this the first time I saw the two of you together but wasn't able to continue since I know it wasn't possible. But look at Daehan, he was a gift and I am so happy." She smiled sweetly at me and touched my cheek.

"Thank you eomma." I held her hand.

We continued to talk and learned that she had told father about it. He was so furious about it. She tried to calm him down and asked him if he wanted to go with her, nut he refused and said that if I wanted to make things right, I should go back.

I asked about the wedding and she said she was trying to convince him to reconsider everything especially now that he knew about my state. I can't just marry someone like this. I am a mother now and not some single lady free with responsibilities.

I am convinced to go back home because i wnt to raise him there. I just have to be ready. Heol, it's as if I am not preparing myself with these. I have learned and prepared anything I need to: physically, mentally and emotionally.

We also discussed about Daehan's name and she said I could just put Lee first. And if I could talk it out with Sunggyu, he'll use Kim. I will talk to Sunggyu about it for sure. He knows already and I couldn't deny anything anymore, except the fact that I still love him. If he was so eager about finding me, he would be so pleased if his son uses his name.

And about Jaehyun? Hmm. I'll talk to him about it. At first, I really felt like I don't have anything to explain to him but I have to. He is my fiance, technically, and he deserve an explanation even though it's only a one-sided love-or not. I just don't know how would he react about me and Sunggyu. I don't know. If I would still have to marry him, he could just take care of Daehan like his since he's his nephew. But that thought was not so good and doesn't sound appealing to me.

By the time we were home, I put Daehan on his crib beside my bed and watched him asleep. He is so serene. He always cry but it's just alright since it's a normal thing. I had to hold him for awhile so he would stop since eomm can't make him stop.

My phone rang and I picked it up, it's Minhwan oppa.

"Oppa." I breathe in.

"Heeseol-ah. Can we have a video chat?'

"Yes of course.' He ended the call then called again, this time requesting a video call.

He was in his bed, leaning back on the headboard.

"Hi!" He waved his hands at me and I smiled. He is so cute when he did that.

"Hi Uncle!" I beamed and chuckled. He chuckled too.

"How are you Heeseol? Sorry I haven't called until now."

"It's alright oppa. It was a good timing since we just arrived from the hospital." He nodded  and wiped his face. Was he crying?

"Hey, are you crying?" I asked. I sat on the edge of the bed slowly since I can't still force myself that much.

"It was just...I am happy to see you. Where's our little angel?" He changed the topic. Haha! Indeed, I'm really his little sister.

It was good that Daehan's crib wasn't that far from me so I could just reach out for him easily.

"Here he is. He have been sleeping the whole day, just waking up for milk and sometimes just to cry." I chuckled a bit as I manage to give Minhwan a good look at Daehan.

"Annyeong Daehannie~" He said as if Daehan could talk to him. I smiled.

"Daehan-ah, don't be too hard on your eomma, okay? She had so much efforts and been hurt too much." A tear escaped from my eyes and I tried my best to stop any more tears.

"Heeseol-ah." He called out to me and I turned the phone on me.

"He looked like Sunggyu." He said.

"Yeah I know." I chuckled. "Everyone says he is because it was too obvious."

"I bet your mother knew now."

"Ne. That's the first thing she said when she first held him." He chuckled and shook his head.

"I had booked a flight there on Friday evening. And it's a direct flight this time. You know, your father talked to me this morning." What?!

"Why? What did he told you?" I ws surprised by that. I never thought they would talk.

"He asked me if I ws the father. Of course I said no. He sounded so angry. I was taken aback. I wanted to laugh when he asked me." He chuckled at the thought.

"Did he ask you if you knew who?"

"Yes, but I said I don't know."

We just talked more about Daehan and he always elaborated that part where Daehan really looked like Sunggyu. He said he is so excited he couldn't sleep well but had to fight it since he needs to rest.

Maybe I have to go back a little sooner. Now that father had said that I have to go back if I want to make things clear. I do love that. I need to face the reality and don't hide anymore.

 

 

-------

OKAY.FRIENDS.JUST.IMAGINE.BABYGYU~!. AHAHHAAH!!

HE IS TOOOOOOO ADORABBBBLLLEEEEE~ HAHAHAHAH

Hello everyone! How are you?!

Here is another chapter for you~! ahahha

 

Infinite Effect Seoul had just finished yesterday and based on the previews, it was a great show~!

I just hope that our cities will be included on the World tour~ I can't wait to see them again!!

 

Ouir next semester will start on the 13th and I'll be leaving for school tomorrow morning~ HAAAAA vacation is done~! I want to extend but I can't..I have to finish school and have job! ahahaha..I'll be a 4th year university student and I know I'll get busier than ever =((..means I'll get less time for fangirling..well, that's okay~ I just need to manage my time well right?

 

okay enough for that~

 

Thanks for reading everyone~! I hope you enjoyed this chapter=)

 

I'll be back soon!

 

talk to me on the comment box below! I really love it ahahah

 

10 AUGUST 2015 11:01PM KST