Chapter 55

I Need You, More and More Each Day

"So, Sunggyu visited you?" Minhwan put down his cup of coffee on the table. I nodded as I sip mine.

"How did he knew where you live?"

"When I called Sungjong, they were together. So yeah."

He nodded and fixed his seat.

"Oppa, my father called this morning and said I should meet Jaehyun today. I don't know what to do." I looked down on my lap and blinked my eyes. Yes, I would finally meet him again.

Honestly, I don't know if I could face him after all. I broke our engagement therefore cancelling any ties with our respective companies, and now I have given birth to his nephew. Was I too cruel? No, the world is cruel to me. How could I deserve this kind of fate or maybe destiny? Was I a man on my past life? Broke too many girls' hearts?

"Just talk. Talk it out with him." Minhwan nonchalantly answered. "That'd the only thing you could do. And, of course, be calm." He continued. I looked at him and searched for more answers in his eyes but that's really the only thing he could say to me. Sometimes I could find more answers in his eyes when I look at them. He talks, but his face is more talkative. I mean, he says things but his eyes would tell more than his mouth.

"What?" He chuckled noticing how eager I looked, finding answers.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

Daehan had been playing the whole time. He spread his toys in the living room and made it an extension of his playground, just that it's indoors. He has a playroom upstairs but that should be used under my supervision. He might hurt his self there.

"Did Daehan enjoyed his quality time with his appa?" Minhwan looked over Daehan. I nodded.

"Yeah, but he is still distant with him. Sunggyu had to bribe him first, but I told him not to do that often." Minhwan smiled

"Give Sunggyu and Daehan enough time." He said.

"I did, but I can feel Sunggyu's jealous of you though." I looked at him and he just chuckled and shook his head.

"You can't blame him. He would normally feel that knowing that I was always with your son while growing up."

"Yeah right." I sighed.

"Hmm." He cleared his throat and leaned back. "Daehan's birthday is approaching. Are you done with the preparations?"

"Yes, almost done. I sent the invitations to our relatives yesterday and they confirmed. They were all surprised." I chuckled and shook my head.

 

After we ate breakfast, Minhwan oppa left when eomma came.

"Did President Choi slept here?" That's the first question she asked.

"No, why would he? He just passed by so I invited him for breakfast." Eomma nodded.

I went up and prepared myself to meet Jaehyun at a cafe. I just wish everything would be smooth, but I doubt. Knowing that Jaehyun hadn't cancelled the plans too I bet he didn't really want to stop this.

 

 

 

"Lee Heeseol-sshi, you know it is not that easy. You can't just say something that's out of the original plan." His smirk is obvious though it may look like he is trying to hide it.

"The original plan was for us to get married, not the other way around." He continued and leaned back on his seat.

I told him that we could just merge the two companies without any marriage involve.

I shook my head and breathe in.

"If it's your child you're worrying about, or should I say, my nephew, don't worry. I can be a father too you know." He said. I looked at him and rolled my eyes right away. He sounded like he is mocking me. Well, he is right now.

He sounded different, he wasn't the Jaehyun I knew before. Or, maybe, I really don't know him at all. Was it all a show before? I considered him once but now? It looks foolish.

"You know I couldn't give you what you wanted. You know I couldn't just marry you. Even if I don't have a child right now, I couldn't see myself with you. You know that so well." I said with a strong gaze towards him.

"I know! but I'll do anything just to get what I want. You can't runaway by excusing with your child with Sunggyu. You have a responsibility you left behind. Face it."

 

That's it!

 

"I am sorry but I have to go." I grabbed my bag and went out of the cafe.

 

I thought I'll be able to talk it out with him. But, he won't let it go that easy. He is persistent on marrying me. If I wouldn't succeed in this, I have no choice left but proceed with plan B. So I have to be ready.

 

I grabbed my phone and dialed President Jung's number.

"Yoboseyo? President Jung, it's me Lee Heeseol." I said. "Can we meet?"

 

---

 

"Eomma!" I heard Daehan shout as he ran towards me when I opened the front door. I left him home with Eomma since I have to meet Jaehyun earlier. I picked him up as he hug me tight.

"Hi baby! Did you have fun?" I kissed his cheek and looked at his smiling face. He really looks like Sunggyu.

He nodded and hugged my neck.

I look over eomma who was smiling standing at the living room.

"he might have been very messy eomma, I am sorry." I chuckled but she just shook her head and smiled.

"Well, kids are like that." I put Daehan down and sat beside him on the 

"So, how was it?" Eomma asked.

I shook my head slowly and sighed.

"He really wanted to get married. He won't budge." I said. I touched Daehan's head, he's busy playing with his toy car.

"I'm so sorry Heeseol. If only I'd known better back then, I wouldn't have agreed to it either." She sniffed and I looked at her, she was crying already. "It's all our fault, me and your appa." She shook her head.

"Eomma." I stood up and went to hug her.

"It's all okay now, everything happens for a reason and we just need to be patient to know what it was."

 

Afternoon came by so fast and eomma needs to go already so it's me and Daehan again. But I received a message from Sunggyu and told me he would come by. So I cooked a meal enough for three and he arrived just in time for dinner.

 

"I didn't know if you haven't eaten yet or what so I cooked." I said as we walk down the hall towards the dining room. He just arrived and he was holding so many shopping bags, I think they were kids' clothes. I told him to put them down on the living room and invited him on the dining room.

"You can sit here. I'll just get Daehan in his playroom." He nodded and went to sit.

"Baby, we have a visitor. Greet him." I said and placed Daehan down. He held my hand as we walked.

"Oh! Daehannie~ annyeong!" Sunggyu's excitement is so evident in his voice, he stood up abruptly when he saw Daehan and walked towards him.

"Annyeong haseyo." Daehan mumbled as he bow a little. Sunggyu patted his head and smiled at Daehan's cuteness. He lifted Daehan up and hugged him.

"what's my name?" Sunggyu asked him and Daehan glanced at me. I muttered 'appa' to him.

"Appa." He said. Sunggyu chuckled and hugged Daehan. He put him on his baby chair and we started to eat. Sunggyu fed Daehan patiently and talked to him the whole time. I watched them and it gave me a warmth in my heart. I excused myself as I felt tears in my eyes and went to the powder room immediately.

 

I didn't know it would be this beautiful seeing us as a family, but it hurts too at the same time knowing that it could be hard for us to be like this. It might be too late for me and Sunggyu but at least it wasn't late for them both. If only I had the courage to fight for Sunggyu back then, it would have been better now. But no one knew it would be like this. I thought if I run away, I could stop the marriage plans and if I come back, everything would be alright. But I was wrong, it became worse. And it became more painful with the truth slapping it on my face that I was all wrong, that I should have been stronger. I thought I was so strong before, enough to have the courage to run away. I thought that all these years I was away, I could build my indestructible walls. But it is slowly crumbling down right at this moment seeing my child with his father whom I love so much. I wanted to---

 

"Heeseol-ah. Are you okay?" I heard Sunggyu knocked on the door so I tried to clear my throat.

"Yeah, everything's fine, I just had a little problem." I said. I wiped my eyes and washed my face with water. I looked at my face at the mirror one more time and opened the door.

"Hi. Are you feeling okay?" He looked at me and I nodded as I pass through.

"sorry, are you done eating?" I said and went to the dining room, Daehan was still sitting in his chair carefully chewing his food.

"Eomma, masisseoyo!" He beamed and put his hand up in the air. I chuckled and went to him to wipe his mouth.

"Really? Thank you!" I kissed his cheek and went to my seat.

After we ate, I washed the dishes and told Sunggyu to just play with Daehan and show him his gifts. When I was done on the kitchen, I went to them and told Daehan that he should wash up and brush his teeth and so Sunggyu volunteered to do it. I agreed and we went up to our room and let them wash up. I got my own toiletries too so I could wash on the other bathroom.

Once we're done we all gathered on the living room downstairs. I was surprised seeing them both on their matching pajamas.

"What was that? Are you sleeping here?" I asked Sunggyu as I point on their matching outfits.

"Daehan asked me to sleep here. I didn't know it would be tonight, fortunately I just bought these earlier." He said smirking. Something's fishy. I know Daehan wouldn't have asked that. I nodded and just sat down on the couch.

They were just playing and playing as I watched the news on the television. Then after an hour everything went quiet. I looked over and saw them two sleeping on the other couch already. They are so cute together. Daehan was on Sunggyu's lap sleeping soundly.

I stood up and tapped on Sunggyu's shoulder to wake him up.

"Sunggyu-sshi." I tapped again.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi." then finally he opened his eyes. He looked at me and then to the kid in his lap.

"You should move upstairs, can you carry Daehan to my room?" He nodded and carefully carried Daehan. I followed them upstairs and Sunggyu placed Daehan down on the bed and pulled the covers. He kissed Daehan's forehead and patted it.

"Thank you." I whispered and smiled at him. He nodded and we went out of the room, closing the door carefully.

Sunggyu walked towards the stairs and so I followed him, since I need to check the doors if I locked them.

"Oh, I already locked them, even the back door." Sunggyu said when he noticed I headed on the front door.

"Okay, thank you." I saw him lay down on the couch. I think he is that sleepy that he didn't even bother to ask me any blankets. I went to him and tapped his shoulder again.

"You could sleep upstairs, it would get cold later here since I dont use heater at this time here." I said. He looked at me.

"Will it be okay?" I nodded and smiled.

We went upstairs and opened the door on my room.

Though it's a four-bedroom house, my room is the only one with bed since we're using the other three rooms for storage. Upstairs is Daehan's playroom, the other room is my home office and this bedroom, where we sleep. And downstairs is an empty room. So we have no choice but to sleep in one room.

"I could just sleep on the couch." Sunggyu said as he walk towards the couch. I contemplated but I nodded. What was I thinking? Of course he should sleep on the couch Heeseol! I meantally slapped my self and went to grab a fresh blanket and pillow and gave it to him.

"Thank you." He said. I smiled and nodded. When I was about to go to the bed he grabbed my arm and turned me around and hugged me. Why does he always do that?

"Really, thank you. Good night." He whispered to my ear and lets me go. I nodded to him slowly.

"Good night too." I mumbled and went to turn off the lights and to bed.

Is he trying to win my heart too?

 

----

 

Hello everyone!:)

 

It's been a long time! Really a long one!:)

 

Happy New Year! Hoped you'll all have a fantastic 2016!:)

 

So here it is! The LOOONNNGGGG awaited update! Haha!!

 

Hmm~ I missed posting here. I missed you all!:)

 

I just wanted to welcome our new subbies!:) Hi! HI!:)) Thank you for subscribing and reading this story!

 

Hope you are not going bored since it's getting really long~ ㅠㅠㅠ

To all my subbies!:) Thank you for the support!:)

To all my silent readers!:) haha! Thank you too!:))

 

 

 

Ok:) have a nice day everyone!

 

 

12 Janury 2016 12:06PM KST