Chapter 7

I Need You, More and More Each Day

That day. I just want it to pass by like the other days.

Morning came and I didn't know how I got asleep. All I know was that it's hard for me to be sleepy last night. I looked at my clock and it's nearly nine o'clock in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked around my room and noticed my books scattered on my study table. Another day for facing my books. Another day of filling my head with variety of things. I stood up and went straight to my bathroom. I looked at myself on the mirror and that's when I remembered what happened last night. I touched my lips. And yes, I can still feel his lips.

"Lee Heeseol. Get yourself up." I fixed myself and grab a fresh pair of clothes and went outside. I fixed my books, I closed them keeping bookmarks on each page where I left it open last night. I felt my stomach grumbling, I haven't ate anything yet. So I went outside my room. I looked at his door across mine. Did he slept well last night? Hmm. i wonder if he woke up already. I went down the stairs and one of our helpers saw me.

"Good morning miss. Do you want me to fix you something to eat?" She asked me.

"Good morning too eonni. Ah yes please." I smiled at her and I followed her on the dining hall where I waited for her to give me something to eat. When she arrived with the foods, I was hesitating to ask her if Sunggyu had his breakfast already. But I was worried so yeah.

"Eonni, did Sunggyu-ssi woke up already? Did he ate already?" I said.

"Ah, the young man? No miss. I haven't seen him around yet since from this morning."

"Oh ok." I looked at the stairs. Hmm. He must be still sleeping.

"Uhm. Do you want me to knock his door?" She asked me.

"No. Uhm. Can you prepare something for him? Maybe he'll wake up soon." I said and smiled at her. She only nodded and proceeded to the kitchen.

After I ate my breakfast, I heard his door closed. I think he is awake already. As I walk out of the dining hall I saw him walking down the stairs. I looked down remembering everything last night. I walked faster towards the patio, praying he won't notice me.

I successfully made out of the dining hall to the patio without him noticing me. I sat down on one of the chairs and fanned myself.

"Right! I still have to study." I whispered to myself remembering my exams in six days. Since the patio is also connected to our living room, I walked inside and directed myself upstairs.

"Miss, there's a letter for you." I heard one of our helpers told me. I looked at the envelope she handed me.

"From who?" I looked at her, clueless about the thing in my hand.

"Uhm, from--"

"From me." I looked at the owner of the familiar voice who was standing on the foyer of our house.

"Miss Han!" I ran towards her and hugged her. She is my tutor. She is been tutoring for almost two years now for my incoming exams.

"How are you Heeseol-ah?' She said breaking our hug and holding my two arms.

"I'm fine." I smiled at her. "How about you? And the preparations? Did the wedding gown I designed fits you well?" I asked her.

"Everything's alright. and yes, the gown is so beautiful Heeseol. Thank you." She patted my head and smiled.

"Well, for my pretty teacher." I smiled. "Uhm, did you ate already? Let's go to the patio. Eonni please prepare some snacks please." Our helper nodded. I pulled Miss Han towards the patio and made her seat.

"So, eonni, what is this?" I asked her eyeing the envelope she gave me. I'm calling her eonni sometimes and sometimes Miss Han. We've been close since the day we first met and she's been like a sister to me.

"Open it."

I opened the envelope and I saw a baby pink and mint green card inside.

"Woah! A invitation card?" I looked at her. She nodded and smiled.

"Well, I wanted to invite you personally. Heeseol-ah, I hope you will come to my wedding. I would really love to see you there. You're one of the most precious people to me, that's why I wanted you to be there on my most precious day."

"Of course eonni." I opened the card. "I thought you won't invite me anymore." I said jokingly.

"That won't happen you know. Of course, no matter what I'll still invite you. How about your parents?" She looked around.

"They went to Seoul a week ago and haven't returned yet." The eonni I asked to prepare snacks went to the patio and gave us something to eat. And that's when I remembered Sunggyu.

"Ah eonni, did Sunggyu ate already?" I asked her.

"Yes miss, he is having his breakfast already." After that she went out to do her chores already.

"Eonni. This is your favorite, right? Have some." I offered her favorite snack. She nodded.

"So they haven't gone back yet? Did they call already?" She looked at me with obvious worry in her eyes.

"Ne." I nodded.

"So who is this guy you're talking about?" I looked at her and she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Ah, Sunggyu? He is a family friends' son. He is having his vacation here at the moment." I said.

"Ooooh ok." I noticed that teasing tone on her voice but I just ignored it. I heard a car outside.

"Are they here now?" I muttered a little bit excited. I don't want to stand up and leave Miss han here that's why I just sat still.

"That would be great. I can invite them personally as well." Miss Han said referring to my parents.

My parents have been close to Eonni as well. they have treated here like a daughter too. And when they knew that she was getting married they even prepared a congratulatory party for her. And of course, I helped for the planning too.

"Let's welcome them Heeseol. Don't tell me you don't want to stand up." She said and pulled me up on my chair. I couldn't say no. She knows me very well to say these things. She was right with it, I really don't want to stand up.

"Heeseol-ah." My mother said and went towards me and hugged me.

"Youngjoo. You're here too." Mother said and patted eonni's shoulder. I saw father walked inside the house and smiled at me. "How are you Heeseol-ah?" He looked at me.

"Where's Sunggyu?" Mother asked me.

"Ah, he is still eating." I said.

"Why don't we seat?" Father said and walks towards the sofa on the living room.

"Youngjoo, how are your preparations?" Father asked her.

"Everything's going smoothly. Mr. Lee. And I wanted to invite you all to my wedding, that's why I'm here too. And since you arrived while I'm here, I'm giving my invitations to you." She said. Father and mother nodded. 'Of course, we'll be there darling" Mother said and smiled.

She looked at her watch. "Uhm, Mr.&Mrs. sLee. Heeseol-ah, i need to leave now. I still have somewhere to go." She stood up and bowed.

"Ok ok. If you are in a hurry, we can ask someone to drive you there." Mother said.

"No Ma'am. It's alright, my fiancé is on his way here, I'll just wait for him outside." She smiled and she looked at me. "Lee Heeseol, study well ok? And go with your friend, ok?" She winked at me. I got what she was talking about and I just rolled my eyes.

"Ok ok." i said and stood up. "I'll walk you until the door."

When we arrived at the foyer, she looked at me.

"What?" I asked her obviously knowing what she wants to talk about.

"Nothing. I haven't seen that friend of yours so he must be on my wedding ok?" She said.

"Ne eonni. don't worry. It's your request and I can't say no." i nodded.

"Ok bye." She patted my head and opened the door and went outside.

As I walked back to the living room, I noticed my parents aren't there anymore but I saw Sunggyu walking out of the dining hall. He looked at me and I stopped my tracks. I can feel my cheeks starting to get red. I started to walk upstairs and tried to ignore him. I walked towards my door and opened it. I went inside my room and went towards my study table and sat down. I don't know how to face him. I don't know how to talk to him about what happened. I don't know if I could still talk to him.

I heard a knock on my door. I stood up and opened my door. It's Sunggyu.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"Heeseol, can we talk?" He said. I can fee thick awkwardness and uncomfortable atmosphere enveloping us.