Chapter 57

I Need You, More and More Each Day

SUNGGYU'S POV

"Heeseol, can I stay for the night?" I asked Heeseol who was looking at our son playing. The her gazed went up to me.

"Sure." She answered without hesitation. I saw a faint smile across her face. I smiled back at her and felt a sudden rush of relief and comfort in my heart. I don't wanna assume things but, is she opening up to me easier this time? Maybe because it is for our son.

I am glad that she didn't deny at all about Daehan. Well, she can't actually deny it easily. Look at my precious son's face. He takes after me, from head to toe.

"Appa!" I heard Daehan called out to me. I looked at my son who is walking towards me holding a toy car in his hand. Whenever he calls me appa, my heart just bursts out happiness.

"Oh, Daehannie. Come here!" I reached out my arms to him ready to hug him.

"Appa, we play cars?" He went to my embrace and showed me his toy car. He is so cute. The more you look at him, his features that he takes after his mother also shows. Like his very beautiful hazel brown eyes. Those are for sure from Heeseol.

I nodded and smiled at this cute little boy. He held my hand and tried to pull me so I stood up and let him lead the way to where his race tracks were.

"This one your car." Daehan said with his cute voice. He gave me a blue toy car.

Daehan and I played the whole afternoon while his mom is making some dinner for us. I asked Heeseol if she needed some help but she said it is okay. She told me to just play with Daehan so he wouldnt disturb her and she could finish cooking early and we can eat early.

"Daehan-ah~ tell Appa we gonna eat now." I heard Heeseol say as she approach us on Daehan's play area.
Daehan looked at his mom trying to process her words then he looked at me. He is soooo cute. Gahd, I am so thankful of Heeseol for this kid.

"Appa, meogeo??" He asked me and nodded his head like he is telling me to come to him.

"Yes Daehannie, let's go??" I told him and stood up. I went to him and reached out my arms. He held my arms and I picked him up and carried him on my arms.

"Omo!" Heeseol looked so surprised when she turned around and looked at me and Daehan.

"Why?" I asked her.

"I don't know why am I still so surprised. But when Daehan's face is so close to you, I am just in awe. I don't know which part of me would even say he is my son." She shook her head giggling. I laughed lightly when she said that as I put Daehan down on his highchair.

"Sunggyu-sshi." She called out to me again as I go to her side and pull her chair and let her sit down.
"Oh thank you." She muttered as she sits down.
"Ne." I answered.
"Sunggyu-shhi. Do you wanna feed Daehan??" She looked at me.
I nodded instantly.
"Of course!" She passed me Daehan's plate with food.

The dinner went well. I fed Daehan while me and Heeseol are talking about random things she did in London. Like, how she went to a university there while being pregnant with Daehan. She said a lot of her professors are very curious as to why is she still going to school while having a big tummy. She said it was so fun and maybe that's why Daehan was also so smart because he also attended her school. Then when she gave birth, she needed to stop for a semester attending the university but made sure she could still have online classes. I learned that she had a lot of hardships, but she never told me that it was a burden. She said assuringly that those were all a good memory to her. It made her stronger. They made her whatever she is right now. It made her love our son even more. You can see it in her eyes. The love she have for our child, it is very evident in her eyes. Which also makes me love her even more. She is such a wonderful person. How can you love someone as much as this?

"Daehannie~ let's get you ready for bed shall we??" She went to our son after she put all the dishes on the dishwasher. She doesn't look like she gets tired.
"Aren't you tired?" I asked her as I put back Daehan's toys in a box.
"Hmm?? Not really. Why?" She picked up Daehan who didnt wanna leave his toys.
"I will help you with Daehan. Let me just put these here." I told her. She nodded and kissed our son.
"Daehannie, please give that to Appa." She told our son lovingly. Daehan passed to me the toys he was holding.
"Such a good boy." She ruffled his hair and hugged him. Daehan giggled. That is so cute. I would love to witness that everyday.

After we put Daehan's toy away, we went to have Daehan get ready for bed. I helped our son put his pyjamas and carrued him to his bed while Heeseol also went to have her shower. Daehan slept right away since I guess he is so tired from all the playing we did this afternoon. He is so active, I couldn't keep up to it. I guess I am getting old. I chuckled at the thought and shook my head. I am not gonna be tired of playing with my sone to be honest. I looked at him lovingly. He may look like me but his cuteness is from his mother. They both sleep on their side. Heeseol is like that she likes to sleep on her side, which I love too since I could cuddle her easily before.

I heard the door of the bathroom open and I saw Heeseol walk out wearing her bathrobe. I swallowed hard and tried to look away and ignore her. She seemed to be not bothered by me being there in the same room as her.

"Sunggyu-sshi. I washed your clothes before, I put them already at the counter, you can wear them" I heard her say. She really doesn't sound so bothered. While me, I can't stop this feeling I am feeling right now. I know I miss her so much. I love her so much more now too.

"Ah.. g-geurae." I nodded and stood up and tried not to look at her while I go towards the bathroom.
As I went inside, I felt Heeseol followed me. I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. I saw her reflection on the mirror.
"Ah, I forgot. The towels are also here." She bent down and opened one shelf and pulled out fresh towels. Her back facing me. I turned around and tried to get further away from her. She stood up and gave me the towel.
"Here." She said. I looked back at her and grabbed the towel frome her.
"Thanks." I muttered. My body heated up as I accidentally brushed her fingers with mine.

She nodded and went out of the bathroom. That's when I finally could have a good breathe. I shook my head. My heart is pounding so much.
I went to have a cool shower so I could cool down my nerves. This is not good.

After I showered, I saw her in bed checking something on her phone. We looked at each other.

"Oppa." She muttered. My heart skipped a beat. It has been years since she stopped calling me that.
She smiled. I could feel my face having a very puzzled look.

"I know. I don't call you by that anymore. I just wanna loosen up things between us since we are kind of good terms now and also for our son." She smiled and sat up.

"Oh, okay." Those were the only words that came out from my mouth. She looked away and looked at me again as she stood up starts walking towards me.

She went very close to me and held my hand. I looked at her as I open my mouth to say something but I couldn't let myself say it. I stood there frozen. I dont know what's happening anymore.

"I don't wanna prolong anymore pain, oppa." She said as she tiptoed and kissed my lips.


HEESEOL'S POV

These days, I have been thinking of Sunggyu nonstop. I love the man. I love him so much, my heart is bursting with love. He have been so attentive on our son and that makes it harder for me to ignore my feelings for him. Whenever he visits us, my heart is just full of happiness. Even though there are still problem around us and I couldn't do anything about them, I still cant stop my feelings. All these years, I have been longing to go to him. To open up my heart to him wholly. I know I promised myself that I would just be happy being single and be Daehan's mom and dad if necessary. But, seeing Sunggyu loving our son, I just couldn't help myself from loving him. I just can't fight this feeling that easy. The connection between me and him is not a joke anymore. We have a son.

When he asked me if he can stay tonight, I couldn't hide my feelings. I agreed right away. I was watching them play while I prepare our dinner. They look so good together. God, I love the man. I love him. I love the father of my child. I smiled to myself and felt warmth all over my heart.

I don't know if I'm being silly but I will try to confess to him tonight. I hope that it will go well. I wanna make it all up to him. I made up my mind now. There's no more going back. I wanna be with the man I love. I wanna fight this battle with him. No matter what happens. I wanna win this war with him.

When Daehan was ready to go to bed, I told Sunggyu to help Daehan sleep by reading stories to him while I go take a shower.

I went out of the shower in just a bathrobe. I'm doing this on purpose to see his reaction. If I do still have that effect on him. He turned around and I just smiled to myself. He is so bothered by my presence just wearing bathrobe.

"Sunggyu-sshi. I washed your clothes before, I put them already at the counter, you can wear them." I told him. He looks like a frozen tree right there.

"Ah.. g-geurae." He nodded and turned around and walk towards the bathroom door. I followed him inside the bathroom and told him where are the towels.

"Ah, I forgot. The towels are also here." I said and ily bent down and reached out for a fresh towel. I know he is looking at my reflection. He turned around and moved a little bit away from me. I smiled at myself. His cheeks are turning pink.

"Thanks." He grabbed the towels as I purposely move my fingers to be able to touch his.

I went to the bedroom right away. I am such a bad bad person. I chuckled softly. I texted Jiwon about what I am doing tonight.

She called me.

"Yah!" I heard her shouted at the other line.
"What??" I asked laughing at her reaction.
"Are you crazy?? Or mad??" She asked me. But I can also feel her smile on the phone as she said that.
"Whichever it is." I said.
"Heeseol-ah. Are you sure you wanna do this?" She paused. "I mean, I am not stopping you or what. But I just wanna make sure that you are sure and decided. This is not going to get easier if you do that." She asked.
"Well, I know. But, I think that it is better that we define our relationship? So that we know where we stand in this battle. I don't wanna go fighting alone and doesn't know really what's on the other side." I explained.
"Yeah you are right." She said and sighed.
"I know you love him that much. I am just so happy that finally you can see the worth of having him on your side. This is also for your child. I am so happy for you, Heeseol. I am gonna support whatever you do, okay?? Just to make you happy and I know Sunggyu loves you so much. He won't hurt you ever again." She continued. I smiled and had a tear on my eyes hearing her say that.
"Thank you, Jiwon-ah." I muttered under my breath as I was starting to cry.
"Uljimma~~" she said. I heard the shower door open.
"Oh okay good bye now, I think he is done showering right now. I will call you again tomorrow." I said fast and turned off the call.

Then my phone beeped, it is a message from Jiwon.

From: Jiwon bb

Yah! Don't have another child yet, okay? Get married to Sunggyu first! 😳
--
I chuckled as I read that. This crazy girl.
Sunggyu went out of the bathroom wearing his sleeping clothes I washed. I looked at him and smiled.

"Oppa." I said. And smiled at him. He looked so surprised and shocked I called him that after all these years.

"I know. I don't call you by that anymore. I just wanna loosen up things between us since we are kind of good terms now and also for our son." I sat up and put down my phone on my bedside table. I studied his face but I know he is so shocked still.

"Oh, okay." He said. I stood up and walked towards him. I just wanna feel him close to me. Closer than ever.

I held his hands and entwined his fingers with mine. I looked at those beautiful eyes gazing down on me lovingly. I can feel his love through his eyes. Even if it is only his eyes. I know his love for me never left.

"I don't wanna prolong anymore pain, oppa." I reached out as I tiptoe and kiss him.

I put his hands on my waist and made them stay there. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer down to me as we kiss. His lips. Oh. His lips. The lips I am longing to be on mine all these years. I can feel his hands massaging my sides as we kiss deeper. Our lips danced together, he was simultaneously my upper and lower lip. I can feel the longing in his kisses. Yes, I miss you too, my love.

 

 

----

 

First ever chapter after 4yrs. Hahaha

 

Hope you like it guys.

 

21 August 2020 5:58 PM KST