Chapter 47

I Need You, More and More Each Day

 

 

When I went out of the bathroom, I heard my phone is ringing so I paced towards my nighttable and checked who it was.

"Oh, Minhwan oppa, Good morning." I said as I answer the phone.

"Hey, good morning. Are you busy today?" He said on the other line.

"Nope, but I'll be in the company the whole day."

"Where are you now?"

"At home. Why?" I sat down on my bed as I clutch on my robe.

"Ok then, I'm on my way. Well, I'm on the intersection near your place."

I said I'll wait for him and hunged up.

 

I waited for Minhwan while I cook kimchi fried rice. Then after few moments, I heard the door bell ring. I checked who it was and it was him.

"Oppa." He smiled and he went inside.

 

"So, it looks like you bloomed more. I just saw you the other day." I just smiled at his words and put a bowl of fried rice in front of him.

"What brings you here this early? Don't you have some work to do? The bidding is coming up." I said and sat on the chair.

"Oh right." He cleared his throat and looked at me. "Heeseol, I don't know if I should tell you this but I realized that you should at least know." He presses his lips on a thin line. "My father told me something about your marriage."

I looked at him and urged him to continue.

"Did you know that it was a merge between your company and the Kim's?" I nodded. My father explained it to me.

"And it's because the Kims had a big part on building your company? I mean, your parents had requested financial assistance from them before and to be able to pay for it, the Kims asked for a marriage tie, between you and their son." I furrowed my brows.

"So, it's like, I was used as a payment?" I said. He nodded and sighed.

"I didn't know about that. All I know was it's a merge."

"It was not at all like that, it's more like paying their debts."

How can they do that?!

I stood up but Minhwan oppa held my hand.

"Heeseol, calm down."

"How can I calm down when they saw me as some accessory for their wants?!"

"Calm down, for your baby. Please."

Hearing him say about my baby made me breathe in and out.

 

"So, if I leave and don't continue the wedding. What will happen?" I finally calmed myself a little bit.

"Well, they have to give half of the company's net worth. And if that happens. . ." He didn't continue the words that I know too well.

"If that happens, they can take over with the company." They own almost twenty percent stocks in the company and that will make them own the company.

"Yes. But there's a way you can do to prevent it." I looked at him carefully.

"Heeseol. You should buy fifteen percent stocks more."

"What?" I eyed him carefully. He nodded.

"How can I buy fifteen percent of the company's stock? Who would sell their stocks to me?." I sighed.

"I know some people, and their stocks are more than enough." He smiled

 

My heart sunk with the thought of them selling me. I mean, it's not literally selling me but it's just the same. I never thought that this is the kind of love they wanted to show me. But who cares? I have been experiencing these kinds of things from them ever since I started attending special business lectures. And they don't care about me, all they cared was theirselves. And I had enough. I am ready to fight for myself.

 

----------

I finished my paper works early so I came home early too.

"Ma'am, the bidding will be nine in the morning tomorrow." Jieun eonni informed me as I was entering my house.

"Oh, okay then." I nodded. "Do you want to have some tea first? Or coffee?" I said.

"No, thanks. I have to go now Ma'am, my parents are waiting for me for dinner." I nodded and she bidded her goodbye. I offered her a ride since she said her car was at a shop for fixing and her house was just near here and I told the driver to give her a ride home. She works diligently for me but I don't trust her that much. Yes, I question her loyalty. Why? I know she's much loyal to my parents.

I started negotiating with the other three stockholders who are ready to sell their stocks to me. They said they don't want the marriage to happen nor the taking over. And to prevent it, they would give up the stocks to me. And I am overpleased with that.

I just hope that everything will go well. I thank Minhwan oppa for that information few days ago. If I haven't known anything about it, I don't know what my life would be. His father had become a business partner with my parents before. What a small world, yes. And he happened to know those reasons, that's why Minhwan told me.

 

Sunggyu said he'll come over so I cooked. I don't know if I should ask him about it. I don't know if he had any idea. And Jaehyun had been so clingy to me these days. Asking me for lunch dates to which I couldn't say no to. I wanted to ask him if he knows the reasons behind this wedding. But, some things are stopping me. Everytime he says that he likes me, his eyes are telling it too. I can feel that his feelings are genuine, and it makes me more guilty. I should make things faster, I don't want to add more pain to him, it's enough.

 

"I'll wash dishes, Jagiya. Just go and watch TV." Sunggyu said as he pick up all the dishes.

"No, I'll do it. You're my guest so yeah." I said and tried to grab the dishes but he just kissed my cheek and smiled 

"No, just watch, ok?" Then he winked. I pouted defeated and sat on the chair as he started to discard the left overs.

"You sure you know how to do that?" I said. He looked back at me and glared.

"What do you think of me? Some kind of lazy who doesn't know how to do the dishes?" He said. I chuckled at his words.

"You're so defensive, do you know that?"

He continued to wash the dishes while I watch him. Until when can I see this scene in my life? I wanted it to be forever but it seems so impossible. I feel sorry for our baby. He or she wont see this side of his or her father in the near future.

 

I did my nightly routine and got ready for bed. Sunggyu just finished showering too, so he was beside me drying his hair with a towel.

"Let me do that. Come here." I said. He went closer to me as I get the towel from him and dried his hair.

"You know, it would really be good if we get married. It would be awesome if we have little Sunggyu or little Heeseol around." I stopped what I was doing, caught off guard of his words. Little us around?

I smiled bitterly and continued what I was doing. Yes, it would really be good but that wont happen. You won't see the little versions of me and you in the future.

Sunggyu stopped me and held my hands as he look at me in the eyes.

"Thank you for everything Heeseol." I smiled at him and hugged him. He hug me back and caressed my back.

"And sorry for everything I've done to you too. For all of the pain I've caused." He continued. I nodded and hugged hum even tighter.

"Me too." I whispered to his ear.

I am sorry Sunggyu.

 

Lying my head on his chest was one of the best things in the world. I have to admit that. But, I can't stay here for as long as I want.

Sunggyu intertwined hus fingers with mine and his arm around me.

"Do you know how much I missed you back then?" He mumbled against my hair. I shook my head no.

"Well, as much as you miss me." He said proudly.

"Who told you I miss you?" I chuckled.

"No one, I just know." He chuckled too. This guy is really something. Overly confident with his self.

"Ah! Right. Do you want to meet my bestfriend?" He said. I looked up at him and furrowed my brows.

"Who?"

"Woohyunie, remember? The one who taught me how to be greasy?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Remembering back then when Sunggyu was so greasy around me, saying things that were unimaginable.

"Oh, you have met him before. At Sungjong's party." I nodded. My cheeks went red remembering those things after that night.

"Yeah, the winking machine. I barely talked to him that night. He was all around you."

"Hoho. So you noticed?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes again at him and pouted.

"Well, he knows about us." What? I fixed myself and looked at Sunggyu carefully.

"Did he know that we are meeting like this?" I asked. He nodded.

"That night, he was talking to me about you." I put my head in his chest again and sighed.

"What did he say when he knew that we are like this?" I asked.

"He said that I am a coward, hiding just to meet you." We chuckled.

"And Sungjong, I think he knows something about us." He mumbled. I looked up at him again.

"I mean he knows that we dated before."

"How did you know?" I fixed myself and propped my elbow to support my chin to look at him.

"Well, remember when you went to the states? I asked him where were you but he said he doesn't know. He then teased me about it, that's how we became friends." I chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked me and furrowed his brows together.

"Nothing. Really, you became friends just because of me? That's . . .surprising."

I lied on the bed again and sighed.

"Hey, aren't you sleepy yet? It's almost ten in the evening, you still have work tomorrow." I checked the clock on my side table. Honestly, I am sleepy now, that's why I asked him. I wonder if he still wants to talk. I am sleepy and I don't want to cut him talking just because I already slept.

"Oh yeah. Let's sleep now jagiya. I bet you're tired too." He put his arms around me and lead my head to againsgt his chest and hugged me.

I put butterfly kisses on his chest and he chuckled.

"Please don't eat my chest." He mumbled.

"I am not. I just wanted to kiss you." I answered and pecked his chest again many times.

"You really love doing that."

"Sssh! Just sleep now. I'll just kiss you one last time and I'll sleep too."

"Then kiss my lips." I looked at him questioningly but he answered me with a wink. I sighed and lift my head to meet his lips with mine and gave him a short yet strong kiss before I whispered good night to him.

"Good night too Jagiya." He pulled me once again and hugged me.

. . .

 

----

 

Uhm. Hi. *hides-in-a-corner*

 

Hahahah!!

 

So finally, after over a month, I finally freakin'ly updated! Wahahah!!

 

Our story is running for over a year now, and yet, haven't done yet! Wahahah! I just hope you're relly wnjoying every bits of it *sobs*

 

Haha,

 

So ok. .friends!!

 

I love you all!!

 

Ps. For thw typos~ I'm sorryyyy :( I'll fix them as soon as possible, but I have to post this first. .ok?

 

26 February 2015 8:19KST